[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are things I don't understand, please help me with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9
File: kyloren.jpg (17 KB, 333x349) Image search: [Google]
kyloren.jpg
17 KB, 333x349
There are things I don't understand, please help me with this survey:

>Did you like The Force Awakens?
>Are you excited about Rogue One?
>Did you like The Phantom Menace?
>Do you like Star Wars only for the movies, or do you also like novels, comic books and videogames that expand the story beyond the movies?
>Do you consider Star Wars to be science fiction, fantasy or something else?

Thanks!
>>
episode one is and always will be the only decent star wars movie
>>
>>68014166

Because a galaxy far far away is actually hell
>>
>>68014166
Yes
Yes
Yes
Novels
Sci-fi
>>
1. Yes
2. Not hyped particularly but will probably see it. I'm looking forward to a movie from the Empire side of the conflict.
3. When I was 10. Don't like it now although AOTC is way worse.
4. I read bits and pieces of the new expanded universe but I wouldn't consider myself a haedcore fan.
5. Space fantasy.
>>
>>68014166
Can you please discuss this back on reddit? Thanks
>>
No
Yes
No
Yes
Fantasy
>>
>>68014166
More or less, yes.
No, it's a unecessary cash grab.
Mixed feelings, but overrall I'd say yes, for nostalgia.
>Do you like Star Wars only for the movies, or do you also like novels, comic books and videogames that expand the story beyond the movies?
I liked the old EU, not sure about the new one. But I'm all for it. Love expanded universes.
Fantasy.
>>
>>68014166
Haven't seen it, but no
No
No
I hate Star Wars
It's shit
>>
>>68014166
Yes
Sort of
Yes
Comics and games
Fantasy
>>
>>68014306
I don't understand this whole reddit meme, when did that reddit site become so popular all of a sudden?
>>
>>68014306
Just shift click the thread m8.

This is not Redditch where you can down vote things. People discuss what they want to discuss.
>>
>>68014347
I dunno reddit, you tell us.
>>
>>68014288
This guys except I like the second trilogy for the wackiness.
>>
>>68014166
I thought it was mediocre. 6/10

Partly. But I am excited to see Mads and Ben Mendelsohn

No.

I've played most of the games and read a bunch of novels. Haven't read any comic books.

It's more space fantasy/adventure.
>>
>>68014166
>>Did you like The Force Awakens?
Yes
>>Are you excited about Rogue One?
Not really
>>Did you like The Phantom Menace?
It's okay, 5/10
>>Do you like Star Wars only for the movies, or do you also like novels, comic books and videogames that expand the story beyond the movies?
Movies
>>Do you consider Star Wars to be science fiction, fantasy or something else?
Science Fantasy or just Fantasy
>>
>>68014166
kylo looks extra emo there
>>
>>68014369
I've only been to reddit once to see what it was and it looked like a generic forum. I never went there again.
>>
no.
no.
no.
no meaning yes.
yes.
>>
>>68014166
Yes
Not really
When it came out, I was also 8 at the time
I like a few of the games (KOTOR, SW: Galactic Battlegrounds) but none of the EU novels, comics, etc
Fantasy
>>
>>68014166
Woo hoo, more SJW propaganda in Star Wars. Kasdan said in an interview that he and JJ asked themselves what it would be like if the Nazis had gone to Argentina and regrouped after WWII.

From birth, Jews are raised with this idea that homogeneous white societies will inevitably result in goose-stepping, ethnic cleansing, and warmongering. And I could understand that outlook if history had begun in 1930. But the truth is, whites are the most egalitarian and least barbaric group in human history.

That's what frustrates many of us when Jewish Hollywood sensibilities become accepted norms. They're slanted, prejudiced and their bias goes unchallenged by everyone.

The First Order was a Jewish take on ultimate evil. And because modern Jews are obsessed with The Shoah and WWII everything magically relates to MUH SIX MILLION.

It has gotten boring. It's stale. I wish we could get a more nuanced view of evil, but that won't happen because show-biz Jews always find a way of politicizing everything.

Like, recently I saw a movie set in 1920s London. There were sevearl shots of a black man and a white woman walking as a couple in the street. It was there to sell us something. It was out of place and revisionist. It's tacky and it's condescending.

The objective is to shape public opinion with the assumption that everyone needs "educating" and are too dumb to pick up on the flagrant advertising of their agenda. In this case, it was a short throwaway scene and it still took me out of the movie. The message is basically, "You're too dumb to find the right opinions by yourself, so we're going to give you direction by placing certain things in the media you consume."

SJW placement just seems dishonest and manipulative. Flagrant product placement annoys me whether it's a product I like or not. It takes me out of the ride that it should be, pauses everything to remind me what I'm supposed to think, and then expects me to jump back in with full enthusiasm.
>>
>>68014436
>he's trying to impress strangers on a Burmese shoe-stitching forum by lying about how much he visits another website

>laughingwhores.png
>>
>>68014556
Thanks /pol/. Great contribution as always.
>>
>>68014166
What are you a fucking nigger?
What kind of bullshit fucking question is that? If you came at me with that shit-ass question in person I would knock your teeth out and skull fuck you
Then I would shove a glass straw up your dickhole and let a colony of fire ants crawl up your dickhole. After they've cleared the glass straw i'd smash your dish with a hammer repeatedly.
Then I would cut your ugly fucking jew face off, nose and all, and wear it. I'd commit identity theft and buy a bunch of shit online with your credit cards and I would get away with it since i'm wearing your ugly face and no one will know i'm not you
Fuck you nigger.
>>
>>68014166

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. It was okay.
4. I like it for everything (novels, comics, vidya...)
5. Fantasy
>>
When I first watched it I did, but the second time round I realised I'd let the hype get to me and it's really not that good a film

Only for Vader, it just seems like an empty film to announce who's Rey's mother, it's not needed

More than Attack of the Clones, it's an alright movie

I like the cartoons and video games, but I don't like the extended universe, wookiepedia is the saddest place on the Internet

Both, the first three are a fantasy film in a sci fi setting
The prequels are more edgy political dramas in space
>>
>>68014166
no
no
for the memes
movies
scifi-fantasy, force awakens scifi-action
>>
>>68014166
It was okay. Not in love with it.
Not really
I like parts of it
I play a lot of the video games like Kotor
Science fiction
>>
>68014166
I liked the experience of watching it in the cinema. As a film though it's mediocre. As a star wars film it's trash.
Not at all, I'm going to see it anyway because I'm a corporate whore and you don't have the right to judge if you haven't seen it
When I was a kid I liked it because it had jedi and spaceships and I didn't know any better, but now I think it's garbage
I love the videogames, the novels and comics and shit are all autistic as fuck though and to claim anything outside the movies as canonis completely retarded

the same people that spout 'oh but the novel explains x or y plotholes' are the same apologists who fucking shill the hell out of shit movies
science fantasy, you don't need to explain any of the technology shit but your belief of what's happening in the film still needs to be firmly grounded. That's why the original trilogy are great and the prequels are shit

people acted like people, obeying the laws of physics (even using the force was basic telekenesis or sheev lightning), the spaceships looked believable and it took a space station the size of a moon to blow up a planet

that's why ep 7 is so shit and why Rey is a shit character, when Luke got ganked by tusken raiders he'd have been dragged to their hut for some cultural enrichment if it weren't for Obi-One, but Rey (a girl of the same age) managed to fight off hired thugs like it's no biggie

shit luke even nearly got wrecked in the cantina and obi-one had to save his ass again

he was a farm boy all his life and he still wasn't a fucking free climbing, kung-fu, parkour ninja like rey
>>
1. Yes(didn't love it though)
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Not just for movies
5. Scifi
>>
>>68014166
It was ok
Not really
When I was 12
The vidya, when I was 12. Nothing else
It's fantasy in a sci-fi setting
>>
>>68014166
Yes
No
No
>>Do you like Star Wars only for the movies, or do you also like novels, comic books and videogames that expand the story beyond the movies?
I've played some of the games
Fantasy
>>
File: 1423730650192.jpg (364 KB, 1334x1025) Image search: [Google]
1423730650192.jpg
364 KB, 1334x1025
>>68014166

No
No
No
Fuck off
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Fuck off manchildren
>>
>>68014166
1. Haven't watched it. Not sure if I will, based on the direction it's taken.
2. No. Like TFA, it looks like a movie where the cast was chosen purely for the sake of pushing some political agenda.
3. Not particularly. I liked Qui-Gon Jinn, and Ewan McGregor did a pretty good job of playing a young Obi-Wan, but the rest of the movie was crap, including that little shit playing Anakin, and that awful pod race. The fight scenes also looked more like ballet than actual sword fights.
4. I've never been a huge Star Wars fans, primarily because of the outlandishly stupid and contrived ways the rebels defeated the Empire, along with the Stormtrooper effect and the ridiculous use of plot shield. I like the overall universe, atmosphere and designs as established in the original triolgy, and the characters were well written and entertaining. The only problem was that I ended up rooting for the Empire. They felt more competent, were far more stylish, had a more interesting background and in the end only lost because the plot demanded that they lost, not because of any inherent flaws. The EU is pretty shit, like every franchise that relies on outside authors and assembly line books. It's basically fanfiction. Some of the oldschool games were pretty good though, like Tie Fighter, Dark Forces II and Jedi Knight.
5. Space opera, maybe? It's more fantasy than sci-fi in theme, so I'm not sure.

Overall, I like the original trilogy due to its atmosphere, music, characters and designs, but I find the plot devices highly contrived to the point where I ended up rooting for the bad guys because they were far more interesting and far more competent. The more they expanded upon the universe, the worse it got, which applies to almost every movie franchise (Alien, Terminator, Predator, The Matrix, etc).
>>
1. Haven't seen it

2. No

3. Hell 2 tha naw

4. I've enjoyed quite a few Star Wars videogames (Kotor 1 and 2, Jedi Starfighter, Force Unleashed, Jedi Knight Series) I remember liking the clone wars series (the animated one, not the CG one) but I don't know if it holds up. Haven't read a book or comic.

5. Science Fiction.
>>
>>68014166
it was okay
no
never watched it
none
sci fi i guess
>>
>>68014166
Not really, no
No
No
I don't like Star Wars in general
Space Opera
>>
>>68014166
Didn't see it
no
no
The movies (Ep IV and V are the only ones I will bother to watch)
fantasy

It's strictly kids' fare anyway.
>>
>>68014166
Yes.
Yes.
No.
All.
Sci-fi.
>>
>>68014166
>>68014166
Disappointing, but excited for new parts.
Yes.
Kind of.
Comics/books only so far.
Space fantasy w/ futuristic ships.
>>
>>68014166
no
no
no
movie
sci fi
>>
>>68014166
Yes.
Not particularly.
Yes.
Mostly the movies.
Fantasy movie set in space.
>>
>>68014166
No
No
Yes
I liked the video games when I was younger and still played games
Fantasy. There is nothing scientific about it.
>>
>>68015120
nigga why you gotta be so mean
>>
>>68014166
y
y
n
movies. played jedi academy and original kotor before i stopped gaming altogether.
it's really not scientific at all. just an adventure flick thing.
>>
>>68014166
It was alright, nothing special
Not really
No
Mostly the movies but there's some good novels and games
A little in between. 'Space fantasy' is a nice enough term
>>
>>68014166
Parts of it. I found the story pretty sloppy and boring on the whole. Kylo was nice.
Not especially. Might be alright.
No.
The movies are by far the most engaging and interesting. There have been the occasional comic miniseries or whatever I liked, and some games I enjoyed for being interactive replications of Star Wars settings and whatever gameplay they had, but not for the story. Kyle Katarn and KotOR aren't that special.
Fantasy.
>>
>>68014166
It was okay I guess, but it seems completely forgettable now and I don't really have a desire to see it again.

Looks more interesting than TFA
It was horrid. I saw it once when it was in theatres and never want to see it again.

It's only ever been about the original trilogy for me. I played some pen and paper SW roleplaying and that was kind of fun, I guess.

I really enjoyed some of the video games. KOTOR one and two were both great, though KOTOR 2 had a flawed ending.

I played a lot of Jedi Knight/Dark Forces/Jedi Outcast as a preteen/teen. X-wing alliance was good too.

There's no science fiction in it. It's not speculative, it doesn't deal with impact of science and technology beyond moving the plot forward. The plot is designed as mono-myth type stuff. It's a fairy tale.
I have one more point that I think is very important. Fans ruined star wars. Because fans and 'nerds' are always morons when it comes to art.

A sophisticated viewer looks at something looks at something like Star Wars and praises it for the cohesive aesthetic -- sees all the homages and nods to flash gordon or pulp serials, or to golden age hollywood epics. They see a simple but powerful plot structure, a very traditional by-the-numbers screenplay, evocative mis-en-scen and a setting with vividly creative art design that suggest a big bold universe that stirs the imagination.

Nerds don't get this. They are certainly hit with the effects of all this, but they don't understand that it's all done through suggestion, not explication. So they natter on and on and on about stupid little details of how the fictional universe works, or biographies of random extras.
>>
>>68017579
continued...
And this behaviour in combination with a bunch of expanded franchise material effectively kills all the joy and mystery in the setting.

Stuff from the films gets copy pasted over and over in endlessly repeating tropes that lose all impact.

The paper-thin universe gets stretched so thin that it tears.

What they fail to understand is that it was always just a backdrop. A very evocative, and very stirring backdrop.... but just a backdrop. It never had the detail of something like Lord of the Rings, or Dune, and was never supposed to.
I really REALLY fucking hate these people. They're the same sort to argue about what was in Marcellus Wallace's breifcase, or whether Deckard was a replicant while missing the point entirely.

Things like that aren't revealed conclusively in these films because just like the exhaust ports on your lightsaber, they DONT MATTER.

The point of the case is that it's important and he wants it.

It doesn't matter if Deckard is a replicant because we empathize with his evident humanity regardless and the question of whether he can trust his memories and his struggle for identity is what drives the drama.

The lightsaber exhaust ports look like they do because it LOOK COOL. THATS IT.
I guess my point is that nerds fucking suck because they don't evaluate a film as a film or a book as a book, instead they obsess about minutae that have no dramatic, artistic, or even technical impact on a work.

Art is what it is. What you see, is all there is. If unresolved questions are raised, they are either A) meant to be unresolved B) don't matter or C) are a mistake.

None of these options justifies the investment of time that these fucking aspie put in, and only serve to undermine the film itself.
>>
>>68014166
it was ok
no
not really
ive only seen the movies
fantasy
>>
>>68014166
>No
>No
>No
>I liked a lot of stuff in the EU when I was younger, but apparently that doesn't count anymore. I haven't read or played or watched any of the new canon.
>It's fantasy
>>
>>68014713
you're trying too hard
>>
File: slowpoke[1].png (12 KB, 312x295) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke[1].png
12 KB, 312x295
>>68014166

I'm indifferent, it wasn't boring, but it's literally A New Hope remake

I'm a slowpoke and I only yesterday found out that The Rogue One won't be a sequel to TFA but a prequel to A New Hope, so no I'm not really excited but disappointing instead

I'm "le 90's kid XD", so that movie is my childhood, so no matter how objectively shit it is with all the midichlorians and jarjar bullshit, it will always have a special place in my heart, seeing the podracing and darth maul parts as kid was awesome

As you can see from my answers above, I'm not really major SW nerd so I mostly stick to movies, but I did play Both KotOR games and I loved them

Sci-Fi
>>
>>68014166
Yes
Not really
Fuck no it was utter trash
EU is non canon
They're movies
>>
>>68014166
Yeah it was alright.
No
Yeah it was alright
Movies and some EU (mainly Katarn and old comics before Bioware generic'd up the Old Republic era).
Science fantasy, although I'm not against it being considered scifi
>>
>>68014166
It was okay
Not really
Eh, wasn't that great
I enjoyed the original trilogy, and the video games
Science fiction
>>
Mostly
Not really
As a kid, yeah, not as an adult
Mostly the original movies, though I read and enjoyed some of the books and comics as a kid
>>
>>68014166
No.
No.
No.
I like a few of the video games.
It's both.
>>
>>68014166
hey shill pay me first then you get my answers
>>
>>68014166

Kylo was interesting but the rest was rather soulless and boring. Serviceable as a movie but not one Ill see again.

Very much so, though im hoping some of the other species will finally get some recgonition.

Yes, but mostly designs and fluff

Love the video games, comics, some of the novels. Played the tabletop too. Swg was fantastic as well.

Its science fantasy, theres hardly any exploration of technology or science to make it sci-fi. Star wars is simple which helps it resonate with so many people.
>>
>>68014166
no
no
meh
meh
i consider it to be shit
>>
File: waaaaaaaaa.png (124 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
waaaaaaaaa.png
124 KB, 325x325
>>68020525
>>
>>68014166
yes
yes
no
when I was a teenager
sci-fantasy
>>
File: hoooooo shit son.png (397 KB, 464x481) Image search: [Google]
hoooooo shit son.png
397 KB, 464x481
>>68014166
It was pretty good. I enjoyed it

Very. I think it looks much better than TFA already

Hell no

I enjoy all of that but understand they all have their own canon so I dont get butthurt about any of it.

Scifi fantasy I guess.
>>
The Force Awakens is basically what we've been exposed too for the past decade and a half in pop culture sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother or Family Guy, all reminding us how awesome the original Star Wars trilogy is without delivering any new real content in case of scaring away old fans and alienating people, you might say it was one, long overdrawn Conway Twitty joke only to go nowherr in the end, The Phantom Menace took risks and was bold in this regard, one of the reasons it is a better movie but also a disaster, a disaster but a fun one. The Force Awakens is a boring, dull exposition movie filled with the worst type of pop culture references we've seen so many times over and is a chore to watch because there is no heart or soul with it due to being nothing more than a cash in gimmick on the current flavour of the decade growing faux nerd culture trend. JJ Abrams is not a movie or film directorm he is a business man, who only knows how to market products, which is why he was perfect for the reboot by Disney and shame on Abrams for just tacking on Han's death to stop it being a forgettable movie we all figured it would be.
>>
>>68014166
No
Yes
Parts of it
all of it/beyond
Science Fiction Space Opera originally, now it's a lot of different things, but still mainly science fiction.
>>
>>68014166
yes
yes
hell no
Movies only
Fantasy history in a SciFi setting
>>
>>68014166
Yes
No I don't care how the Death Star plans were stolen, I want to see what Luke does in Episode 8
No one did
KOTOR is god tier
Who gives a shit
>>
I did enjoy it as a popcorn movie. I think it's shit as a kino
No, going to watch it because I like star wars, but afaik it looks horrible.
No, it had a slow and boring beggining
I like the idea of SW story expansions, but I haven't read/watched or played anything
Science fiction fantasy adventure (similar to Harry Potter or Hobbit in adventure)
>>
>>68020653

For bait this is 80 percent true.
>>
>>68014166
Force Awakens was okay.
I am excited for Rogue One, but only for its supporting cast(Donnie Yen, bruh).
I loved the Phantom Menace. It took the story away from the cliche "good versus evil" thing and added political intrigue and the heroic tragedy, making it a true space opera.
I thought some aspects of the EU were great. When I heard that they were discontinuing it, I was bewildered. Some of the storied there are tailor-made to be turned into movies.
Star Wars is always going to be science fiction. Even if some aspect of it is mystical, it is first and foremost, a space thing.
>>
>>68014166
no but i didn't like a new hope that much either
i think it looks more like a tv show that a movie but sure
i liked Darth Maul's scenes, th e fight long fight is amazing
the clone wars imo is the best thing in the franchise, i enjoyed the first force unleashed game
science fantasy
>>
File: 2zd5f.jpg (43 KB, 800x341) Image search: [Google]
2zd5f.jpg
43 KB, 800x341
>>68014166
No
No
Yes
No
Absolute Kinography
>>
>wasnt terrible but i didnt really like it either
>looks cool ill probly see it in theaters
>no
>really only the movies, ive played some of the good video games but i dont really care about the story in them
>fantasy
>>
>>68014166
Yes
Yes
No
I like some games, and maybe a few books, mostly no and I don't care the EU is no longer canon
space opera
>>
Did you like The Force Awakens?
I really did. It's not a masterpiece of cinema or anything like that, but it was a solid, fun, really cool experience and it was neat to see the Star Wars heroes again.

Hell yes. Loved that trailer for some reason.

It was my first Star Wars movie, so it'll always have a special place in my heart. I see the flaws it has now, but I don't think I'll ever not like it.

I like the Heir to the Empire trilogy, and pretty much all the games.

Space Fantasy.
>>
>>68020799

Why wasn't I right in the other 20 percent?
>>
>>68014166
no
no
no
only for the movies and memes
sci-fi/action, like terminator
>>
File: 1369530636430.gif (352 KB, 499x289) Image search: [Google]
1369530636430.gif
352 KB, 499x289
>>68014166
Yes, I thought it was simple and While the plot was heavily borrowed from old movies, It still had enough visual storytelling and cute references to possible future movies I enjoyed. It was a simple space adventure for teenagers.
Honestly don't care. If it's good I'll see it.
When I was 10 I enjoyed the robots unfolding. Rest of the movie was boring talking
Not really. I enjoy listening to oneshot podcast tho,
It's mostly pure sci-fi, desu. Just because the force is crazy unexplainable shit doesn't mean it's fantasy. Alien had an crazy unexplainable creature in it, still sci fi.
>>
Yes, quite a bit. But I only saw it once. Maybe a second viewing would change that
Well... the trailer was trash. Didn't like it. But another Star Wars movie sounds nice, though it's a spinoff. I haven't even seen the TV shows or read the books, other than a taste of both.
Now, not really. As a kid... it was okay I think, though even then it had problems
I played KOTOR I and 2 and Jedi Academy and Battle for Naboo and maybe a few others. Enjoyed them all. Force Unleashed= First good. Second= wishywashy... I was actually hyped for it.
It's a bit of sci fi, fantasy (it has the cliches after all; even Dune could be considered such).
>>
>>68021432
Didnt' answer #2 properly:
I am not hyped, at least not yet, but I'll 100% see it.
>>
It was a decent way to spend a Sunday afternoon
Not really
I watched it when it first came out and I was 9 and I recall enjoying it
KOTOR was good
It's both, I guess
>>
>>68021032
what video game is this?
>>
>>68019722
>EU is non canon
Canon expanded material is being/has been released.
>>
It was okay. Recycled too much, but the vfx, sound design, action sequences, and spectacle were all there.
Moderately. More before the teaser than now. The cast is fantastic, Mikkelson and Mendelson together in a movie is genius. Plus Donny Yen, Whittaker, Tudyk. But that "I rebel" line was garbage, which makes me a little scared since G. Edwards needs a good script. Godzilla had spectacle but the writing was kinda bad, and I don't want a repeat with a SW skin.
As a kid, sure. And looking at it now there are still cool parts. Darth Maul was an interesting villain who died without doing much. The score was great. Defiant ObiWan and Jinn was cool. But it also had lots and lots of bad parts. Pod Racing, the Gungans, stupid slapstick moments, the fish robot people.
Mostly for the movies. Don't read comic books. I've read a couple of the novels which were alright. Both set in-between Ep3-Ep4. It's a cool universe, but most of what gets made is trash.
Science Fantasy. It hasn't shoved its head far enough up its own ass yet to be Science Fiction. When they stop a movie and spend 10+ minutes talking about how hyperdrives work, or how the Death Star generates all that power, and everyone but the most technical of fans rolls their eyes, then I guess it'll be Science Fiction. I dunno, there's like a level of pedanticism that comes with that title.
>>
>>68021690
星際大戰第三部曲—西斯大帝的復仇 (2005, Lucas)
>>
I enjoyed most of it, wasn't really worth the hype. Thought it was a serviceable rehash of a new hope, but really thought John Williams dropped the ball.
Not really, I know these movies seemingly can't function without giant dumb action scenes... I'm just waiting for something a little toned down with a Star Wars coat of paint over it.
I was 9, so yeah.its easy to shit on, but later in life I've come to enjoy it more than episodes 2-3
Only the movies, played kotor, but I only really can respect the movies in this multimedia franchise
It's Americanized-mythology
>>
>>68014166
Yes, but only because I'll eat up anything Star Wars
Nah
Yeah desu
I like the comics and video games
Fantasy/Space opera
>>
It was alright, I didn't like the constant zoom ins and camera moving and terrible angles it took. And constant pandering to fans and no creativity.
>>
Meh
I'm not watching anymore SW movies
Meh
I enjoyed the EU
>>
> I loved TFA
> I am excited, but I have patience fro its release
> TPM is bad
> The EU is really cool and I enjoy learning about it
> Definitely a scifi
Hope I helped you out, OP
>>
>>68014166

Yes, 8/10 as Star Wars movie, 7/10 as a movie.

Yeah, I`ll definitely go and see it in the cinema.

More than AoTC, less than RoTS.
That is... sort of. It`s got good moments.

I`ve 95% of old EU material in my possesion.
100% of the new canon.
That says a lot I guess.

50% - space opera
20% - space western
10% - fantasy
10% - science fiction
10% - bits from all other genres.
>>
1. No
2. Not really
3. No
4. I read Rogue Squadron back when I was 10. Other than that just played the x-wing and tie fighter games.
5. It's a space opera. More fantasy than sci-fi, but genre pigeon holing is a waste of time.
>>
No

No

Some parts, yes

Movies and comics. Some games are good too

I honestly dont care
>>
I liked TFA

I don't know enough about Rogue One to get excited yet.

The phantom menace was pointless and boring but the podracing bit was ok.

I liked the extended star wars universe until disney decided that all of it wasn't canon

Sci-fi AND fantasy.
>>
>>68014166
> no
> no
> It's got it's moments,
> the movies are some of the weaker parts of sw universe. Especially the new ones.
> it's fantasy. Just because there's spaceships doesn't make it science fiction.
>>
>>68014166

yes
no
no
I don't care about what things are canon, but I enjoyed the KOTOR games. Outside of the main movies and the KOTOR games, I stay away from everything else.
It's fantasy in space.
>>
>>68014166
Yes
Cautiously optimistic
I thought it was ok when it came out. I can't even sit through it now.
Some of the games are pretty good, I don't care about any other EU stuff.
Sci-Fantasy
>>
>Yes
>Yes
>No
>Mostly for the movies, but I like some non-movie things. Just not many
>Fantasy
>>
>>68014166
No
No
No
I mainly like it for the novels, comics, and video games. Some of the movies are great, but I see them as a stepping stone to a larger universe.
Sci-fi/Space Opera
>>
>>68014713
I couldnt make it past the third question
>>
yes
sorta
no
most of the eu is trash but there's some gems
fantasy
>>
File: Nimoy.jpg (84 KB, 393x500) Image search: [Google]
Nimoy.jpg
84 KB, 393x500
>>68014166
1. no, my niece did but shes a child
2. no
3.yes, i was a child
4.used to when i was a child
5.fantasy mixed with plagerized shit
>>
>>68014166
>Overall yeah, not enough to really get me excited though.
>Eh. I guess. I'm not excited for the Marvelization of Star Wars
>It was part of my childhood. It has a different feel from the other prequels, the tone is good, but it is ultimately a shit movie.
>When I was a kid I liked all that shit. But now I don't care
>Space Opera. Fantasy in space. Not actual science fiction but I won't sperg if someone calls it that.
>>
Why do people say it's fantasy?

Blasters, giant space weapons, spaceships, hyperspace, robots, androids, and exploring space. Technology itself may not be the primary theme, but in many of Isaac Asimov's novels science isn't the primary theme but they are undoubtedly sci-fi.
>>
I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, so take it for what it's worth.

Yes
Indifferent, but I'll probably end up seeing it at some point
No
KOTOR 1 and 2
Science fiction
>>
Fuck no. It threw away everything that made Star Wars special and original.
Not really. Looks more promising because it's a spin-off with lesser standards. Still looks like a netflix movie or something.
Yes.
Basically for the movies.
It's both.
>>
Yes
Kinda
Yes
Yes
Science Fantasy
>>
File: hmm.png (372 KB, 798x530) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
372 KB, 798x530
>>68023869
>magic
>sword play
>ancient cult of wizards knights
>a lot of gay dialog

not to mention there is no basis to anything in their universe as scientifically sounds
they tried to make it more sci-fi with medichlorians but failed becuase star wars is fantasy and the medichlorians takes away from the whole magic/fantasy aspect that starwars is about
>>
>>68023869
>science
>>
>>68014166
Yes
Looking forward to pirating it
I can find things in it to like
I have played Star Wars video games. Don't particularly care about the story or canon.
Space opera
>>
>>68014166
Meh. It was good enough I guess but I was a little disappointed by it.

Not really but I'll see it when it comes out anyway.

>Not particularly as a film. But I respect George for wanting to do as much worldbuilding as possible and show us completely new characters, worlds, etc. TFA was way more rehash-y.

Pretty much just the movies. The first two Battlefront games (especially the second one) are great though.

Fantasy. Almost none of it is based in facts or science. It just happens to be futuristic and take place in space.
>>
>>68014166
No, remake of ANH with some EU mixed in and a token black guy.
Not really, only because muh Vader.
No, could have skipped this started prequels with ep2, made clone wars ep 3 and finished with Ani turning Vader. 8yr old Skywalker was unnecessary. Could have been more character exposition for Grievous as well.
Kotor 1 ans 2 are so comfy. Better stories than the PT as well.
Fantasy in space.
>>
>>68014166
Yes, yes, no, movies only, space opera.
>>
>>68014713
u mad?
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.