[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Top Commando Twins >Great Total Recall Terminator 2 Last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: arnold-schwarzenegger1.jpg (84 KB, 600x813) Image search: [Google]
arnold-schwarzenegger1.jpg
84 KB, 600x813
>Top
Commando
Twins

>Great
Total Recall
Terminator 2
Last Action Hero

>Good
Pumping Iron
True Lies
Terminator
Kindergarten Cop
The Running Man
Red Heat

>why do people even pretend to like this shit
Predator
Conan
Junior
>>
>>68012151
>putting last action hero over predator
>ever
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>68012151
Great bait list faggot.
>>
File: wewlawd.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wewlawd.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>68012151
>Predator not at the top next to Terminator and Total Recall
>>
>>68013548
>>68013573
Predator was mostly boring. It didn't turn into the stalker portion until way too late. Introducing the predator too late, and having him be a mystery? It worked for Halloween, but not in a jungle action movie.

It's not good. I like Arnold's outsmarting it, building a double trap, but I don't like his finding out mud hides himself far too late and not just high tailing it out of there and leaving. It's just a slow, awkward movie that can't decide what it wants to be.
>>
File: 1451416249030.jpg (41 KB, 749x512) Image search: [Google]
1451416249030.jpg
41 KB, 749x512
>why do people even pretend to like this shit
>Predator
>Conan
I hope a spider lays eggs in your urethra.
>>
>>68013615
Just fucking stop. I wanted to like Predator, I heard it was good, it was BORING SHIT after they got out of the helicopter, thinking they were there to save some comrades or whatever.
The characters are fine, and would have worked even better in a movie where you aren't forced to care about them for 10 seconds before their murder
>>
File: didntread.gif (156 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
didntread.gif
156 KB, 200x200
>>68013658
It was exactly what it wanted to be, a based sci-fi action movie

Dont get caught sleepin in the jungle
>>
>>68012151
(You)
>>
>>68013720
Conan was bullshit. Bad special effects, ugly girl, he picks up a thief that is immediately loyal to him until his death even though the thief has been fucking over people since he was hatched.
The bad james earl jones guy not just magic-ing some more snake projectiles to kill them in their fortress of defense. Letting so many of his guys die to two guys in a spike pit. The way "he's brought back to life". The way some ghost wife comes back to save his life.
I don't fucking get it, it's awkward, I expected something cool and it wasn't. It's not even "so bad it's good" style shit, it's shit.
>>
>>68013736
>Trying to care about characters
They were basically living action figures being hunted by the coolest alien sci fi has ever seen.
You're trying to be some patrician little fuck boi and judging this movie like it was supposed to be a fine wine
Wake up and realize this movie is an ice cold beer and should be enjoyed as such
>>
>>68013856
No, it's boring. The entire bit between grabbing the obvious girl and him getting serious is bullshit. There is no excuse for a movie to have 22 minutes of bullshit.
Instead of doing what they should, following orders, they fuck around and die for it. He has to get revenge, I get it, but it's also boring as sin. I don't know HOW you make an Arnold movie, in a jungle with guns, and a SCI FI killer boring, but this movie managed it.

I didn't go in with low expectations, I went in expecting to love it like I liked his other movies. I'm not being contrary to be contrary, I don't understand the love for this. I understand the love for Terminator 2, that was so good and people were right.
>>
>>68012151
>tfw no mention of end of days and collateral damage
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.