[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: Stewart-Lee-009.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Stewart-Lee-009.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
Series 4 is over, what did you think?
>>
AND THEN STEW, AND THEN, HE GOT RECOMMISSIONED, AND HE SPENT THE ENTIRE SEASON REPEATING OLD MATERIAL HE DID STEW.
>>
My granddad, he loved crisps. He loved all the different flavours, all the different flavours of crisps....

plain...

All the different flavours.
>>
>>68008883
too """"""""""""intellectual"""""""""""" for me
>>
His jokes are funny but he has an incredibly punchable face and i hate that pause thing he does in a middle of a joke
>>
>>68009011
>jokes
>>
>Rod Liddle... he's got some.... what is it it's like some sort of... suet... on his collar...
>>
>>68008883
>i can write jokes,i just chose not to
good for you stew, but then dont be surprised when nobody laughs at your show that you wer preparing for 25 years
>>
>The joke is that the joke isn't supposed to be funny, that's the real humor of the joke
>>
>>68009136
i think to fence off comedy as 'jokes' is pretty ignorant to what we find funny in our every day lives. irony, satire and slapstick are huge parts of comedy, which is why whenever someone complains that stewart lee is shit because his 'jokes' aren't funny i just think that person has a very narrow understanding of how broad comedy actually is.
>>
>reused material
>missed timing on most of his jokes
>its funny because its not funny
>the only reason you arent laughing is because you are too dumb
this was just as bad stew's early stuff from the 90's
>>
>>68009230
series 4 was ok but i still think series 2 was my favourite.
>>
>>68009224
comedy has many genres, but unfortunately, this season fits into none of them
not for the reason Stew would like to think, that he is inventing a new genre, but because he was pretending to do some sort of drama performance of a failing stand-up comedian whilst reminding the audience that he is doing a drama perfomance and ordering them to laugh at him
>>
>>68008883
Didn't even knew this was airing. Thanks anon, now i know what i'm doing this weekend
>>
He's starting to look a little JUST
>>
>>68009300
i don't understand how you could get that impression of him
>>
>>68009351

Actually looks like he's lost a bit of weight in this series
>>
>>68009411
read his books
>>
>>68009079

He isn't surprised, that's 80% of the "material"
>>
>>68009071

A step too far, 15 minutes on that Rod Liddle shit.

Just listing food, oh, funny.

He used to be great, now, not so much.
>>
>>68009460
in that case i hope he realizes his material is more annoying than entertaining
>>
>>68009559

I don't think he wants to change. He does what he does, he knows he will always appeal to a certain crowd the fact that people like you continue to watch and talk about him means the bbc will simply continue to pay him.
>>
What do you guys think of the fact that he's been repeating the same material for 20+ years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgA9uBNbVtE&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbe5o3Mmkfg

He did this sick bit in series 4 and 2 as well but it was cat shit on a flag instead.

>>68009550
The Rod Liddle bit was a work of genius. Stewart exhibits so many emotions by simply making chewing sounds.
>>
>forget about the new series
>hear from this thread it's not only started, it's over
>hear from this thread it's bad

I don't have anything else to fill my life with but I don't want to have to handle another disappointment
>>
>>68009682
>you'll never be as perfectly qt and handsome as stewart lee
>>
>>68009682
It seems being pissed on in urinals is something stewart has been thinking about for years as well.

https://youtu.be/pOR5DcC3tG0?t=564

His material simply hasn't changed over the years, it's simply become more refined. The ideas have always been there.

>>68009939
It's quite good, the people complaining in this thread either didn't like him in the first place or dislike the fact that he used some old material.
>>
>>68009939
every thread about Stewart Lee on this board gets mixed views. as a fan, the new series was great, and the last episode is one of the best things he's ever done
>>
>>68010064
>them aggressive comments towards the ladies
>>
>>68009939
If you're a fan of reddit core "haha everyone is stupid but me and you haha" comedians watch it
>>
>>68010448
>BBC4 is now on the list
i just don't know anymore
>>
>>68010448
>insecure internet """"comedy"""" fan thinking the original image was bait and adding random objects because they couldn't even begin to conceive that their taste is literally /v/ tier
yikes
>>
>>68010448
i don't get what this is trying to say
>hating on the buzzcocks
>he never fell in love with someone he shouldn't have fallen in with during adolescence
>>
>>68008883
I'm a fan of Stew but I think he dropped the ball on this series. Episodes 2 and 5 were quite good but there was too much revision of old material and the cat vomiting and Rod Liddle bits were frankly embarrassing. The lasting impression for me was one of a comedy tyrant that thinks everything he does is great.
>>
>>68010526
>angry """"mature"""" internet user getting mad when called out on his childish taste and responds with a regurgitated meme

schmuck
>>
*sweats*
*looks into the camera, ignoring the audience*
*breathes into the microphone so it pops*
the paul nuttals of the ukips...

richard hammond stew...

joe pasquale...

del boy stew... fell through... the bar stew...

are you a sardine he says stew
>>
>DO ONE ON THE MUSLIMS STEW!!!
His constantly use of ad hominem and straw man logical fallacies would make a pretty good parody. That is, if anyone can be bothered to watch his shit.
>>
>>68010833
>would make a pretty good parody
Oh dear, anon.
>>
never had a clash in your life
now you want to talk all rough
>>
>>68010868
I can't remember the episode but there was a Simpson episode (during the classic period) that had Homer watching an alternative comedian on tv. The comedian is just saying words in a monotonous fashion and the audience is lapping it up. Stewart Lee's entire shtick reminds me of this crappy, alleged comedian.
>>
File: 1457500412820.jpg (220 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1457500412820.jpg
220 KB, 1200x900
>do same jokes for years
>no success
>do same jokes but add top gear jokes
>no success
>do same jokes again and rope in based chris morris
>no success

he just isn't funny.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.