[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can we agree that the first order are the good guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
So can we agree that the first order are the good guys?
>>
oh who cares
its just terrorists VS Tyrants anyway
>>
>>68008525

If you're a faggot, yes.
>>
>better start another Star Wars thread

Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1460072251132.png (282 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
1460072251132.png
282 KB, 600x582
>>
>>68008525
considering we know absolutely nothing about them other than they pointlessly destroyed the senate and some nearby planets no we can not agree. Based on ep7 all they wanted was wanton destruction.

Even the fucking trade federation had reasoning for their actions.

>okay you destroyed the republic, now what do you want
>oh um i dunno. I'll destroy more planets...i guess

FO was a joke organization.
>>
File: HEIL HYDRA.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
HEIL HYDRA.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>68008525
>no eugenics program like the nazi's had
clearly not.
>>
>>68008525
Havent seen enough of them to consider. The Empire on the other hand I would agree
>>
Reminder that both the Resistance and First Order are just terrorist cells that likely aren't even supported anymore by the Imperial Remnant or New Republic.
>>
Weren't Stormtroopers supposed to be clones of Jango Fett ?
>>
File: Star Wars Implying Saber.gif (1 MB, 480x204) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Implying Saber.gif
1 MB, 480x204
>>68009248
no the stormtroopers were volunteers after the clones died off. then the first order stormtroopers were kidnapped and indoctrinated when they were kids
>>
>>68009302
Thank you kind sir
>>
>>68008814
Isn't the First Order what's left of the Empire? Also, didn't the First Order take out the main seat of the Republic with the Starkiller?
>>
>>68008525
Everyone is shit in TFA, except maybe for that ugly guy that bangs Lena Dunham.
>>
>>68008525
>old star wars light sabers are these sacred things
>only used by jedi because without the use of their supernatural reflexes and intuition they are dated and useless
>new star wars 'hurr durr everyone gets to use lightsaber stuff its just a laser sword after all guise'

One of the major themes old star wars borrowed off of was old samurai culture of honor and single combat coming into conflict with 1800s cowboy, wild west era contemporary weaponry. To someone who wasn't extensively trained choosing a melee weapon like a light saber or just picking it up would be completely retarded because they would just get shot, there is a reason han solo never picked up a light saber. They're also supposed to be these master crafted thingss that can tear through anything except another light saber so blocking it with an electrical riot baton thing is so fucking dumb.
>>
>>68009451
>Throw a way a gun to use a stick
He's fucking retarded.
>>
>>68009451
Jedi are legends in TFA it's quite normal if the Samurai creed died

They don't give a fuck now, lightsabers are just weapons, and the storm trooper stick was made to counter energy, seems fair to block old lightsabers. Maybe the Kylo's is made differently

But yes JJ fucked it up, obviously you need training to manipulate a lightsaber
>>
>>68009451
I didn't mind Finn picking up a light saber, I really didn't. But he should have been btfo in seconds by Ren. He actually parried a few hits, which is absolutely retarded, unless he develops force sensitiveness (which he won't).
>>
>>68009451
>>68009656
Oh and you talked about the stormtrooper able to fight off a lightsaber - I'm sorry but that was fucking awesome in every way. It was the moment stormtroopers were established as badass elite soldiers and not some pussies that are dog meat for any jedi. Besides, I think that moment was right because Finn got beaten by the baton thing, while a jedi would probably have just killed the traitor trooper in seconds.
>>
>>68009633
>>68009656
>>68009689

>now, lightsabers are just weapons

Yes but you're not understanding. The point is that they're the most archaic and outdated weapons around if you aren't a jedi. There isn't any point in picking one up or developing a storm trooper stick to counter them when the easiest way to counter them is to shoot the person wielding it.

Luke didn't start using his light saber when they freed leia in the first one for a reason, he was using a gun because without training your jedi senses you're taking a sword into a gun fight.

Why would a stormtrooper (finn) who was part of an elite team and well trained in firearms and small unit tactics go 'hmm should I take a gun, a modern weapon I know how to fight with and trained my whole life in or should I grab this laser stick that someone will just shoot me before I get within 10 feet of them.'
>>
>>68009737
Finn grabs a blaster whenever he can
>>
File: 1448122204124.gif (528 KB, 276x305) Image search: [Google]
1448122204124.gif
528 KB, 276x305
Who fucking cares, this movie blew anyway and didn't have the depth of the originals anyway.
>>
>>68009737
Because shit writers wanted an epic showdown
>>
>>68008581

Sleep tight N4-PR

>Does he have the voice of Nappa from TFS?
>>
>>68008581
sleep tight N4-PR
>>
>>68009737
>developing a storm trooper stick to counter them
The baton was developed for riot and crowd control. It's just a handy side effect that it can parry light sabers.
>>
>>68009869
They're storm troopers. If they need to control a crowd they will open fire on them. They don't need non-lethal crowd control shit, they're an evil empire that blows up whole solar systems.
>>
>>68008525
we're not /pol/
>>
>>68010042
>If they need to control a crowd they will open fire on them
That's an incredibly inefficient way of crowd control though, it just breeds more hostility and tension that will require more suppression in the future.

>they're an evil empire
>>implying they weren't the good guys

>that blows up whole solar systems.
That was out of necessity, they had to destroy the new senate to cripple the new republic. If they were incredibly brutal in all possible situations they'd have revolts and mutinies. Just because the people at the top are evil doesn't make each person evil - case in point Finn.
>>
>>68008525
Yes, I like to call them Joy Division.
>>
>>68010151
So? they blow up ENTIRE STAR SYSTEMS

They'll massacre entire planets if they have to. It's also worked more often than it's failed in human history which is the only thing you can use as an indicator. Most of human history insubordination and unruliness has been put down so ruthlessly and in such numbers it doesn't happen again. Romans ruled a huge portion of the world that hated them with such tactics. Hearts and minds has yet to win anything.

You're trying awfully hard to defend the indefensible. There is no reason for futuristic troops using laser guns to have troop members use nothing but riot sticks.
>>
>>68008589
> Imperial Remnant party wants to keep a unified government
> New Republic proposes complete disarmament of the fleet and has other retarded policies like transferring the entire senate between a couple of different planets depending on a vote which is a complete waste of time and money, all of it weakening the government and showing its decadence
> Imperial party leaves the New Republic to found the First Order to ensure that a stable government will exist
> Princess Leia immediately founds The Resistance, with the sole purpose to attack the First Order
> New Republic completely ignores the Resistances existence and does not condemn their actions

All those faggots knew what they got coming.
>>
>The Empire
>moderate conservatives and a powerful force for order and peace in the galaxy
>First Order
>/pol/
>>
File: 1460075469149.jpg (96 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
1460075469149.jpg
96 KB, 853x353
>>68008581
sleep tight N4-PR
>>
shit
>>
>>68008581
>>68010669
I don't remember this guy. Why is he a meme? Was he in TFA or something else?
>>
File: N4-PD.jpg (569 KB, 1073x763) Image search: [Google]
N4-PD.jpg
569 KB, 1073x763
>>68010705
>he doesn't know about N4-PR

pity this fool
>>
>>68009737
>Why would a stormtrooper (finn) who was part of an elite team and well trained in firearms and small unit tactics go 'hmm should I take a gun, a modern weapon I know how to fight with and trained my whole life in or should I grab this laser stick that someone will just shoot me before I get within 10 feet of them.'

>>68009869
>The baton was developed for riot and crowd control. It's just a handy side effect that it can parry light sabers.

The dumbest part about the Riot Control Troopers is that according to the encyclopedia books the First Order troopers operate in teams of 10 with one special trooper, either Flametrooper, Heavy Gunner or Riot Control.
Why would they send out squads of 10 guys with a lone Riot Control guy? Riot Control should be a separate team completely.
>>
>>68010872
Wow, you've done a lot of deep thinking about this fantasy movie for children. Are you going to expose the plot holes in Fievel: An American Tale next?
>>
>>68008525

DO the soldiers even have training? they all fucking fuck in battle that any grandma could kill a bunch of them alone
>>
>>68010736
sauce
>>
>>68010736

name?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.