[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forrest Gump=Nice guy Jenny=The modern feminist woman Jenny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: gumprev.jpg (48 KB, 840x355) Image search: [Google]
gumprev.jpg
48 KB, 840x355
Forrest Gump=Nice guy
Jenny=The modern feminist woman

Jenny would rather be a "free spirited liberal woman" that dies of AIDS than be tied down to a nice guy like Forrest.
>>
Jenny grew up on rape, it's unreasonable to expect her to just fall into normality when her childhood was taken.
>>
>>68007518
>nice guy

Has pretty bad connotations nowadays, most modern "nice guys" aren't brave, hard working or go to war like Forest, then again neither are feminists.
>>
>fucks around
>doesn't get preggo
>fucks Forrest once
>gets preggo
>>
forrest gump = literal retard

Are you self inserting as Forrest you beta fuck?
>>
Hippies are AIDS to the world is what this film conveys

Still no real cure for both
>>
>>68007518
>Jenny would rather be a "free spirited liberal woman" that dies of AIDS than be tied down to a nice guy like Forrest.

She thought she's no good for Forrest near the end of the movie though, before that it's partly Forrest's fault for being overprotective of her, she said that 'you can't keep saving me like this' basically she wouldn't be happy if she settled down early in the movie with him.
>>
>Is he smart?

everytime
>>
>>68007800
Superior seed.
>>
Forrest is a cishet white male, Jenny should stay far away from the oppressor class
>>
>>68007518
Forrest
>hard working
>went to war
>kind and good spirited
>generous
>not needy
>caring
>loving

>implying "nice guys" have any of these traits
lmao
>>
>>68008067
So.. literally riding the cock carousel until settling up for the nice guy?
>>
this film shows just how privilege white men are. even a retard can find success, aimlessly walking through life.
>>
>>68007865
Even if he was a retard, he genuinely loves her and only her. If women worry about their husbands cheating on them, they wouldn't have to worry about him.
>>
>>68008213
Apparently you can just redefine words however you want
>>
>>68008227
Did you even watch the movie? She never 'settled' for him, she basically raised their kid alone, she just decided to marry him when she's basically dead
>>
>>68007518
>complete whore
>fucks a retard
>assures him it's his baby
>baby is normal
>cuck retard believes anything
>>
>>68008248
>aimlessly walking through life.
>implying he would get all those decorations in military if he wasn't retarded
>>
>>68007518
>Jenny=The modern feminist woman
>Jenny would rather be a "free spirited liberal woman" that dies of AIDS than be tied down to a nice guy like Forrest.

I find Jenny's character to be way more interesting than Forrest. Forrest's entire life is like one big meme with all the ridiculous coincidences of him being inserted into historical events. And in spite of his intelligence, everything in his life seems to fall right in place. That is, except Jenny. Because Jenny's character is incredibly human; she's flawed, and making a ton of wrong choices along the way. At various moments she tries to face up to her bad decisions, only to continue running away, too scared to face her demons. Even in the end, there's no real reconciliation with Forrest. It's pretty much, "I'm dying, so you should probably take this son I never told you about. I named him Forrest as my way of saying I'm sorry." Her life is the opposite of Forrest's. You're not supposed to empathize with her. Only someone as simple and innocent as Forrest will, and that's ultimately what's so endearing about his character. Great movie.
>>
>>68008823
>Forrest's entire life is like one big meme
>one big meme

Like your post.
>>
>>68007518
>Jenny
>woman

that's a man.
>>
dirty aids slut, walking around in bare feet killing the grass
i'm glad they buried her under a tree like a pet dog
stupid cunt's aids will kill that tree in 4 years
it took 200 years to grow and only 4 to die from cunt aids leaking into the soil
>>
Jenny was the villain of the movie
>>
>>68007518
Also, Forrest was fucking retarded.
What i took away from it was that Chenny actually had cared about him, like a retarded little brother or something.

But what she did in the end was kinda shitty. She knew she was dying of AIDS, so her last act is to have unprotected sex with his stupid premature cumming ass, let him think there was a happy ever after for the two of them, then die, leaving this mong with a child who'd realistically be taken from him by child protective services.

I dont care if she was abused as a kid, she's a right fucking cunt.
>>
>>68007518
Forrest Gump = literal cuck.
>>
>>68007800
That wasn't his son, retard.
>>
>>68011831
Was he his wife's son?
>>
Forrest is the perfect American Dream. IRL he would amount to nothing, but in the movie he achieves all that there is to the dream of being a success in America.

Jenny is a flawed character, raised on rape and abuse, obviously full of emotional difficulties.

Try to maintain your MRA autism and realize that not everything has to do with feminism. Jenny is a frustrating character but it takes only a slight bit of empathy to understand her.

Besides, Forrest is RETARDED. Would you date someone retarded, even if she's nice?
>>
>>68008823
>You're not supposed to empathize with her.

You're not supposed to empathize with a woman whose every emotional instability was a result of child molestation? Your post is dumb, buddy.
>>
>>68011784
>a child who'd realistically be taken from him by child protective services.
He was worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Why would they take his kid?
>>
>>68011971
>IRL he would amount to nothing

Screw you nihilist scum, go to Europe where you belong. America is land of unending opportunities.
>>
>>68012077
And you need to be a little bit cutthroat to become a billionaire, while Forrest just waltzed into it.

Don't be autistic. There are no genuinely retarded individuals who amassed billions.
>>
OP you are mixing up the word feminist with Cunt
>>
File: markzuckerberg.jpg (23 KB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
markzuckerberg.jpg
23 KB, 400x236
>>68012139

> mfw
>>
>>68011971
>Would you date someone retarded, even if she's nice?
Nice-looking, yes.
>>
>>68012790
watch the soicial network m8.
I know a ton of it is fiction and sugarcoating but some of it's core applies to the truth and shows that zukerberg might look like a retarded mayonaise jar with asperger but is far from that.
>>
/tv/ = film & television discussion
/r9k/ = REEEEEEEEEEEEE SLUTS REEEEE

Maybe you should fuck off to where you belong?
>>
>>68012913
Zuckerberg literally is on the spectrum, though.
>>
>>68007518

Lets be honest, who wants to marry a retard?
>>
>>68008284

Sounds like you want to marry him
>>
>>68007518
Forrest was too pure and kind for the world. Was he actually an angel?
>>
>>68007518
Yeah, but Forrest is retarded and Jenny was molested by her own father. It's not really that simple.
>>
Don't worry, OP. Odds are that you one day will get a girl friend.

Jenny is a cunt though
>>
>>68007518
>would rather be free than tied down

Wouldn't you?
>>
File: 1458881766731.png (167 KB, 413x377) Image search: [Google]
1458881766731.png
167 KB, 413x377
Whats with all the /r9k/ shitposting lately? And I thought /v/ crossposters were retarded, kek.
>>
Anyone here actually defending Jenny is a textbook whiteknight and needs to leave this site.
>>
>>68012946
Maybe you should. Reddit awaits.
>>
>>68007656
First post best post but ignored here for obvious reasons
>>
>>68007518
Where does it say in the movie that Jenny was raped? All I remember was forrest saying her dad was a loving guy.
>>
>>68007518
Jenny didn't owe Forrest Grump shit
>>
Yeah that's why i don't have a girlfriend I'm too nice and wholesome like Forrest Gump haha
>>
>>68007518
>your mom will never fuck the principle to give you into a good school regardless of your shit grades
>>
>Forest Gump inveted in Apple before the Hype
>He's a billionaire

I'd love to be retarded...
>>
>>68013043
No his son is. I thought that's what the feather falling at the beginning (on his way to meet jenny) and being released at the end (Forrest getting on bus) implied.
>>
>>68013386
LT Dan invested in it using Forrest's money
>>
>>68012077
He was a Mareeeeee sue.
>>
>>68008309
And leave kid to him...
>>
>>68007656
Was her fucking Forrest rape?

How do consent laws work for retarded people?
>>
>>68013199
defending =/= understanding characterization and that someone who is emotionally damaged from years of rape and abuse would not be a normal gud girl
>>
>>68012077
>America is land of unending opportunities.
>go to college in ameriga
>get buried in debts
>obbortuniddies!! xDDD
>>
>>68014680
You can always be good at something and get a scholarship or serve your country in the military instead
>>
>>68013306
It's never explicitly said but she and Forrest was shown running away from her dad and they both prayed together, Forrest also said something like 'her dad is very touchy feely'

There's also that scene where she throws rock at her house.
>>
I like to think that the whole point of this movie is to show that you don't have to be smart to be successful in life, no matter how silly it is, if you keep at it eventually everything will work out.

Of course reality is very different than movies.
>>
>>68014680
yea ecause getting a useful degree totally doesn't pay off

plz go waste ur money on an arts degree so that there's no realistic way to apply your knowledge and then complain that there's no work for you.

btw only people who are bad at their crafts in fields like these fail. artists, actors etc. are the most overpaid losers on the planet
>>
Crushing as it may be, the adult 1970s Jenny doesn't love Forrest, not even a little, and she doesn't want him in her life except as a desperate fallback. She ignores his letters for years, failing to show the slightest kindness -- if writing a postcard is too hard, would she have sex with him out of kindness? After sleeping with him she leaves without saying goodbye though she knows it will break his heart, perhaps out of guilt for what she's done, but more likely because in panicked pregnant recovering addict mode she doesn't care about his feelings or doesn't believe he has them, and needs to get out of there before her baby bump starts showing. Deep down, he knows he's been used, and that drives him to run.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.