[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Room 237" me on the Monalith
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
"Room 237" me on the Monalith
>>
It stood for the BBC, Kubrick was a massive cuck in real life.
>>
It was a reference to cencorship
>>
>>68007112

who cares that shit is way overrated

>but all the hidden symbols errywhere!!!

lmao @ ur life
>>
freemason shit
>>
It's a representation of the aliens. It either is an alien or a machine they use.
>>
>>68007112
A machine that extraterrestrials (aliens) used to accelerate evolution on planet Earth. (Notice how the monkey developed the ability to use tools after it came into contact with it)
>>
Sweet I wanted to make a thread like this.

I just want to know legit , what is the most accepted or official story on the monlith. What I understand is that its dropped by aliens to induce self awareness in lower life forms and begin evolution but then the question is why, and also what is up with the ending and all that shit with the old guy room and the monolith and the space baby
>>
It's a big fucking magic ayy lmao stone
>>
tarantino is a fucking hack
>>
>>68007416
The room is a habitat constructed by the aliens to house Bowman while he evolves into the next step of humanity (the space baby)
>>
File: 1403377051583.jpg (79 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1403377051583.jpg
79 KB, 800x800
Why do I fall asleep during this and the fucking Shining? Literally the most boring pieces of shit I've ever seen.
>>
>>68007383
>>68007407

so was the theory that someone altered our DNA string to introduce the gaps in logical advancements to immediate speech and other "human" features that differentiate us from other similar species?

i thought that was a more recent find during the advancements in DNA research which didnt even really exist back then
>>
>>68007486
So was he rapidly aging or what?
>>
>>68007112
Nolan's masterpiece.
>>
>>68007488

i agree, they should recut the films with youtube jump cut edits right to each line of dialog
>>
>>68007506
What if a Lion touched the Monolith?
>>
>>68007533

Narnia
>>
>>68007506
It's more abstract than that. It just made the monkeys more advanced.

>>68007510
I guess. Or he lived the rest of his life in that tiny room until the monolith came to him on his deathbed. I don't think the aliens would care much as long as he turned into a space baby.
>>
im just repeating someone else but its a movie screen.

ungrateful apes
>>
>>68007598

why would the screen be horizontal?

was it cause kubrik knew the future of media and that most monitors and phones would be held that way because most of us use twitter or other social media apps that are structured for up and down navigation rather than utilizing widescreen formats?
>>
>>68007645
no its because you literally would not see anything in the theater.
>>
>>68007645
No thats the tablets they use on the ship.
>>
If you really think 2001 is boring, you have no eye for cinematography or acting whatsoever.
>>
>>68008158

it rivals Citizen Kane from an entertainment factor
>>
>>68007112
It's a symbol for death.
>>
>>68007112
If you play backwards 2001 and overlay the original one on top, you will see kubrik directing the moon landing in the clouds right in the middle
>>
>>68007112
> alien supercomputer
>playing a logic game with humanity
>"if you do X I'll do Y"
> advances monkey consciousness immediately
> Continues the game until our logic and tech can send us to the moon, then beyond Jupiter
>YOU'RE WINNER!
> evolves the dude from earth dwelling inter-dependant mammalian, into everlasting powerful cosmic entity, for winning the game

"What is humanity?" Is a theme throughout. The movie suggests the concept of humanity isn't really human at all (monkeys were feral as shit, HAL was more sincere and emotional than the crew, fucking aliens guiding our development).
>>
>>68007112
>"Room 237" me

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68008999
please spout a bunch of nonsensical bullshit for attention.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.