[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
favorite malick film? pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: badlands.jpg (4 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
badlands.jpg
4 KB, 306x165
favorite malick film? pic related
>>
The New World
>>
>>68006206

his best imo by far
>>
>>68006206
His only good film.
>>
Badlands is my favourite film ever

that being said, Tree of Life, Thin Red Line and Days of Heaven are all really good
>>
File: to the wonder.png (1 MB, 1423x602) Image search: [Google]
to the wonder.png
1 MB, 1423x602
i know it's not "objectively" his "best" (arguably his worst actually) and i might get shit for this but this one struck me the hardest.

also think it deserves to be reevaluated and it will be in the not so distant future.

pure. fucking. kino. easily his purest work imo, although knight of cups is not far behind.
>>
>>68006206
malick doens't make films he only makes flicks and occasionally movies
>>
>>68006206
Basically this. I finally watched True Romance tonight and they jacked the score!

>>68008656
I understand why you feel that way. I loved this film, it was like meditative visual poetry. Ebert felt it too, unlike many other critics
>>
File: 20130619-083201.jpg (432 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20130619-083201.jpg
432 KB, 1920x1080
Pic related and tree of life for me

>>68006206
>>68008415
I find that badlands is malick for people who don't like malick.

>>68008656
It's good but a lot of people find it less relatable than tree of life and knight of cups.
>>
I just never understood the hype for Badlands. I find it overrated as fuck. Plus it's the one Malick film that doesn't look like a Malick film like his others.

My favorite is Days of Heaven and Tree of Life
>>
>>68006206
No self-respecting cinephile keeps praise for any of the Malick's flicks post Days of Heaven and Badlands. They deserve only despise and memes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.