[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think bout this Kubrick film? Just watched it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: thekilling.jpg (17 KB, 176x272) Image search: [Google]
thekilling.jpg
17 KB, 176x272
What do you guys think bout this Kubrick film? Just watched it.
>>
I thought Kubricks were lego toys.
>>
>>68004989
I liked that no one in the picture was likable. Except maybe that big Russian.

Ending was great.
>>
Great movie, it probably is the steepest learning curve for any director ever, should you look at his previous two films (and mostly fear and desire).
Really shows you that he was up for directing some epics.
Liked it more than spartacus and lolita too.
>>
>>68005226
should I bother with his previous films

>>68005149
the black guy was likable
>>
>>68004989
The usage of the non linear direction was really entertaining. I never understood why Tarantino got so much praise for this while I would say Kubrick did it a lot better.
>>
>>68006368
agree. What did you think of the ending?
>>
>>68006585
I saw it coming because (WARNING) every crime movie pre 70s or something like that never let the bad guys get away with it So I saw it coming from the start. However I do think it's a very well shot scene on the airport.
>>
>>68006693
It just felt lazy to me how it happened. The shot with the money flying everywhere was great though. Ill admit I haven't seen many older films
>>
also since I havent seen mny films from the era. Were tracking shots popular then? Loved those shots in this film.
>>
>>68004989
This is one of my favourite Kubrick films, but I love noir in general, so I may be biased

>yfw Nolan fans thing that he was the first to do grotesque masks in TDK
>>
>>68006368
I loved that scene where the bookie man or whoever was watching the races from across the carpark and that black dude befriended him. It was pretty brutal when the bookie blew the dude out and the scene took a dramatic turn. Loved it. Fuck, I might have to watch it again.
>>
The non-linear narration was a nice touch, I wonder if there are older movies with something similar (there probably is).

Otherwise it's alright but not impressive if you have seen a lot of movies from that era (the plot isn't anything special outside of the narration), but it's a nice step up compared to Shit and Desire and Killer's Kiss.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.