[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone care to explain why it's so bad that some people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1451975147416.jpg (104 KB, 600x1074) Image search: [Google]
1451975147416.jpg
104 KB, 600x1074
Anyone care to explain why it's so bad that some people dislike the idea of casting for the sake of "diversity" or being "progressive".

The whole thing looks like "HEY! we know those Star Wars fan boys will watch anything so why not throw in these crappy characters so we can get a wider audience."

I'm bummed out because Star Wars is no longer a space opera, it's just devolved into a safe business decision. But FUCK ME RIGHT? Don't like it? Tough shit, saying anything even slightly negative about it will instantly label you as as misogynist. No way you're allowed to dislike it. Nope, it MUST mean you're sexist. It's like the new form of censorship.

You're free to like whatever you want, unless it doesn't fit a SJW narrative, then you're a shameful bigot and must be silenced.

Home of the free, my ass.
>>
Cry harder, bitch
>>
>>68003759
It's the "land of the free", not "home of the free" you buffoon
>>
>stormtroopers depicted as space marines
This may be one of the most fedora images in existence
>>
>>68003759

But most normal people I have spoken to also dislike the idea.

It is only the retarded portion of millennials and progressive scum who sound much more numerous than they are in real life thanks to social media that defend these poor decisions.
>>
>>68003759
the problem with you disliking it is that you dislike it for ultimately superficial reasons. the movie will not become magically better if every character is a white male. it doesn't change at all the script, the direction etc.

meanwhile diverse casting includes people who won't get a role in these type of movies without it. everyone likes star wars, it's not a secret club or obscure franchise. asians and blacks want to be in it as much as whites

white male led movies meanwhile have not gone anywhere and are still the vast majority

you are basically contemptuous of people getting crumbs off the table. this is why nobody sympathizes with you
>>
It's the leftist idea that progress for the sake of progress is good, so to be against it must be bad, which itself is an idea that conflates technological advancement with social 'advancement' above all else.

Basically they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to stuff people 200 years ago got right, like Liberties and Democracy.
>>
>>68003759

I don't care about the minority casting but the lead actress has really turned me off the film. Such bland acting
>>
>>68004103
200 years ago the only people who could vote were white males who owned property

What great """"""democracy"""""". How we have regressed
>>
>>68004262

And 400 years ago the only people who could vote were Kings and Aristocracy. Also i'd argue that the move away from landowners was positive progression, i'm not saying they got everything right back then, but the basic tenets were pretty fucking solid and we don't need to completely dismantle the system in the name of 'progress.'

But you're clearly here to shitpost, so whatever.
>>
File: 1357143678626.jpg (20 KB, 231x311) Image search: [Google]
1357143678626.jpg
20 KB, 231x311
>>68004262
yeah, lets rebuild the wheel because the guy who made it was probably a racist. We don't need no shapeism here, it's 2016 CMON!
>>
File: 1392692160941.jpg (46 KB, 300x331) Image search: [Google]
1392692160941.jpg
46 KB, 300x331
>>68003759
>muh white male lead

Boo fucking hoo. You sound like the idiot Chinese stuck 50 years in the past.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.