[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else given up on TDS? I turned it off the other night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah.jpg (154 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah.jpg
154 KB, 670x377
Anyone else given up on TDS? I turned it off the other night while Trevor was half way through a liberal lecture on women soccer players deserving as much as the men and haven't watched since.

I feel like the show previously had an obvious liberal edge with Stewart at the helm but he mostly spent his time calling out hypocrisy and bullshit.

Now it's just yet another guy partaking in sustained lectures on progressive talking points. I find myself thinking "but that's wrong..." when he finishes every sentence.
>>
>Stewart

Liebowitz
>>
>it's don't admit that diversity is a failure because it destroys our entire narrative episode
>>
>>68002393

Yes yes he was Jewish, but he still did a few bits on anti-vaxers and lunatic feminists and while obviously a democrat he wasn't a SJW.

Trevor spent 15 minutes lecturing on how women who play in an amateur league should earn as much as men who play in a professional one. Because it's 2016.
>>
>>68002348
>given up

never gave in the first place, even with jon stewart
>>
File: 1449374862561.gif (1 MB, 396x216) Image search: [Google]
1449374862561.gif
1 MB, 396x216
>>68002443
>he wasn't a SJW.
>>
Why don't women soccer players deserve as much as men?
>>
I gave up when Stewart began to cry his crocodile tears for the niggers but at least he remained consistently funny.
>>
>>68002593

Because they don't bring in as much money as men and participate in a competition many orders of magnitude inferior to the men and with vastly less competition, thus rendering their argument of 'but we're more successful' akin to your dad's little league team comparing themselves to teams playing in the world series.
>>
>>68002348
Has Obama winning really ruined the liberal ideology?

I mean, Liberals (At least classical liberals) had All in the Family, Married with Children, classic Simpsons, classic family guy, Drawn Together, etc

Liberals use to be witty and knew what satire was, not they're just all fucking.......KEKS
>>
>>68002348
Isn't that the one Gavin Mcinnes was supposed to be in? Or did they cancel that?
>>
>>68002761
As much as I hate le 2016 man and all his fellow retards, Gavin is a tryhard dipshit
>>
I quit watching right after Stewart left. But TNS with Larry Wilmore was still pretty entertaining even with Colbert gone.
>>
>>68002794
He has his moments. He can be very funny and insightful, at the cost of being full of himself and showing his age.
>>
>>68002348
Trevor may be useless, but to be fair I'm pretty sure he just mindlessly reads the prompters. I don't think he really does any writing.
>>
I gave up after I heard him make like 8 jokes about being from south africa in 1 episode
>>
>>68002956

I can agree with this because his standup is a lot better and he's even had SJWs demanding he apologise for offensive jokes.

It's a shame to see him cucked.
>>
>>68002800
Fuck no it was fucking not.
>>
>>68002956

That's his problem. He's an empty headed talking head. TV is filled with them.

Stewart was a real guy, with real insight and passion.
>>
The decision to have a foreigner take over is what ultimately killed the show.

And not it's not DAS RACIST, it's just that the show has lost its edge because Stewart had more of an interest in the things he was talking about.

Noah feels like he's just reading what the teleprompter tells him to and doesn't know/care about anything he's talking about.
>>
>>68002557
>Goebbels
Fag
>>
>>68003175
>>68003111

I just don't think he gives a shit, it was just the greatest launch pad for an international comedian into the US and he took it.

Which begs the question why did they give it to him and not a Stewart era correspondent?

Also is it me or are Jordan Klepper and Jessica Williams the only two correspondents who even try anymore?

Al Madrigal and Aasif Mandvi have pretty much vanished.

Roy Wood Jr was never good and seems to be doing the tired old lawdy lawdy dem white people schitck

Desi Lydic is I'm a ditsy blonde lol

Ronny Chieng is literally who

Even the writing is fucking lazy
>>
>>68003265
I think you could have a foreigner take over and it still be a success, but it would have to be someone who gives a shit and has some knowledge on the topic, like Samantha Bee, Jason Jones and John Oliver.

Noah just fell ass backwards into the luckiest breakthrough some unknown comedian has ever had.
>>
Stewart whining about white privilegie while becoming rich because of jew connections was comedy gold.
>>
>>68002348
lol i've given up on late night talk shows in general

i'll occasionally watch a conan video on youtube and that's it

it's all went to shit
>>
the nightly show is superior
>>
i think trevor will eventually snap and go off script after he gets tired of reading lines and being marginally successful. right now he's basking in it and not questioning anything, but soon he will tire and wonder what is he doing with his life.
>>
The Daily Show has an unfortunate name, if they changed it, Trevor would be a perfectly adequate late-night host for Comedy Central. But the CC execs refuse to let their former flagship show sunset and create a new program to replace it
>>
>>68003486
Go to bed Larry, somehow less people watch you than Trevor,
>>
>Liberalism will never be cool and contrarian again

Fuck man, I just wanna feel pride in wearing a DK shirt again
>>
>>68002348
> women soccer players deserving as much as the men
>I find myself thinking "but that's wrong..."
How? I saw it too, it's fair if they make less when there are obvious less viewers for womens football. But that they don't get payed when they lose or tie a match is bullshit.

> Stewart spent his time calling out hypocrisy and bullshit.
Noah does the same. Even if they're more open with their agenda it would be better, it's always been there. Better to just show it than act like you're inpartial.
>>
>>68003561
If they changed the name I bet their ratings would drop further.
>>
>>68002348
>all these redditors that actually once watched TDS
sincerely kill yourselves
>>
File: 1457421158345.jpg (65 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1457421158345.jpg
65 KB, 380x380
>watching this race baiting trash

get some fucking taste, for fuck's sake
>>
>>68003618
Yea, I guess mediocre might be a better descriptor?
>>
>>68003606
>when there are obvious less viewers for womens football.
Except recently that hasn't been true.
>>
/pol/ has nothing to do with it, the new Daily Show sucks because Noah's delivery is fucking awful and the format is fucked
>>
>>68003654
who are you quoting?
>>
>>68002662
In addition, they have a collective bargaining agreement. When they signed their contract, they agreed to the amount they'd be paid on. Now that they've won the world cup and generated so much revenue over the past year, they can use that as a bargaining chip to get more money. Of course you have to take into consideration if this is a one-time thing, how many players are leaving, if any, how much revenue they speculate they'll generate in the coming years, etc. Maybe they make less because they're not good at negotiating? Or don't have agents to do it for them? What they push is the idea that there's some form of mystical patriarchal force that magically pays them less, and they simply cannot prove that.
>>
>>68003384
>Noah just fell ass backwards into the luckiest breakthrough some unknown comedian has ever had.

He's like the 8th person they asked. They went through all the other correspondants and they said no. They all know that Stewart is too hard an act to follow up.
>>
File: 1357421866523.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1357421866523.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>68002800
>TNS with Larry Wilmore was still pretty entertaining
Haha wut?
>>
>>68003668
Very true, I have never seen much of his standup but his comedic timing seems off. I don't know if it's his accent or what, but he doesn't come close to Stewart's rhythms.

Also, Stewart had been a pundit for years, he understood Congress and the issues. Noah only moved to the U.S in 2011, and so he comes off as a guy reading jokes about things he doesn't understand/care about. At least John Oliver has been in the US for a while
>>
I was drunk and I never watch TV but I was laying down so why not - turned this on, he said "so trump lost last night" and he took a 1 min applause break for the lame white people - and that was to be the punchline.

I really did physically cringe. It is disgusting that we went from tough crowd to this.

Whatever. I'm 23, not my place to look back fondly on what was.
>>
>>68002348
Lets examine the argument outside of where the money comes from.

>teams play at the national level
>maintains the there is more than one elite level

Therefore under 19's deserve equal pay as the adult men's Barcelona football team.
>>
>>68003348
>Ronny Chieng
Wow, did that dude land a gig on that? He was a literally who in Australia a couple of years ago and he won some contest, now he's on the Daily Show? Pretty impressive. His standup is pretty funny too
>>
>>68002348
Not american, but what was his arguments for women earning as much as male football players? I mean is he saying the best women deserve Messi (>aftertax) and Ronaldo money? I think they two alone are probably bigger businesses then all female football players in the world combined.
>>
>not dropping both TDS and larry nigmores shows immediately

just watch the late show, colbert's not in character but at least he's still colbert
>>
>>68002348
He's basically a puppet
>>
John Stewart was funny because his main source of comedy was calling out the bullshit sensationalism of the news.

It's why BrassEye was funny.

Trevor Noah is just an unfunny John Oliver. John Oliver says some stupid shit sometimes, but he can occasionally be informative and reasonable. Trevor Noah is like politics for retards.
>>
To be honest I'm sick and tired of this ever increasing trend of foreign comedians and hosts jumping up on their fucking high horse and talking down to actual citizens of the damn country like their brain dead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not xenophobic; I just think it's silly to lecture someone else on their knowledge. Just like it'd be stupid for an electrician to lecture to a group of lawyers about their profession. No other country wants this, if an American comedian went and lectured any goddamn European country about its politics he'd be laughed out of the country within the hour. Why the fuck is this accepted here?
>>
he had some tranny on the other night and was tiptoeing around what words to use to not break it's illusion. the whole thing reminded me of colberts confusion with the same shit back when he had one on. show fell off a cliff.
>>
>>68002348
He's handsome, I'd let him fuck my boipucci

Only reason I watch this show is because of the eyecandy

Too bad Jason Jones left, that was one hunk of a man
>>
File: 1460090999643.png (149 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1460090999643.png
149 KB, 313x313
>>68005451
>unfunny john oliver

>john oliver
>funny
>>
>>68002724
I think the popularity of the internet has made everything else less funny, somehow. I can't quite pinpoint it.
>>
stopped watching altogether as soon as Stewart left

not for any dislike of TN (I actually kind of liked his segments in fairness) but I just felt like it was time to move on

I certainly didn't agree with Stewart a lot of the time, but he was still engaging and very funny as a host so I was always interested in hearing his take on current affairs and insane stories

I have no such interest in what TN has to say. He's basically just some random guy. And as we all know, these shows are increasingly pandering to the batshit SJW/tumblr demograph and thats when it stops being funny
>>
I wonder if they calculated giving it to Trevor Noah during the election cycle to give him an easier time with bits and jokes and shit, thus making the transition easier.

Would have much preferred to see Stewart commenting on this election cycle. Would have been his best year yet.
>>
>>68005619
I don't mind some people. Despite the memes I don't think John Oliver is all that bad, but overall I see what you're saying and agree.

I wonder if it has something to do with most Americans perceiving British accents as well educated or high class or something. That's the only way I can see smug faggots like Piers Morgan getting airtime.
>>
>>68002348
>women soccer players deserving as much as the men
That's a basic right that every man and woman is entitled to. Says so right in the constitution.
>>
Liberal clap comedy is at it's low point. The best young comedians aren't trying to be political pundits but surreal anti-comedy.
>>
>>68006851
I think this has to do with demographic shifts in society. Liberal comedy was at its peak under GWB. Society is pushing more towards a liberal shift, and thus the counter-culture is currently more conservative as a reaction.

You can even see it on 4chan. It will swing back if we go back to conservative rule and things get worse, or it will strengthen if we get more liberal politicians and things go to shit.
>>
>>68004715
>I mean is he saying the best women deserve Messi (>aftertax) and Ronaldo money?
No.

>Not american, but what was his arguments for women earning as much as male football players?
Women's national soccer makes more revenue than men's does. and the women get paid less. It's not crazy more revenue, but women are paid less when they are making more. Regardless of specific amounts that's messed up. Then there's how they get less money, like annual pay, per diem spending, and win bonuses.

"$26.8 million, including $3.2 million in World Cup revenue. The men brought in revenues totaling $21 million. But that’s a difference of about $5.8 million..." politifact

With the revenue that close, they should be making way more similar amounts instead of women being consistently less.

While most examples of the "wage gap" are bullshit, this one makes sense.

>>68005619
That is literal xenophobia, and you're making like the US is bending over backwards by 'letting' a work visa comedian host a TV show on a private network. That's wacky.
>>
ITT: white people are only comfortable having the hypocrisy of other white people spoken by a white person.
>>
>>68002348
Nah m8 you should have listened, he had a very cogent argument relating to the US womens team.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.