[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering it was an Apatow gig, I liked it. First show in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: love-netflix-judd-apatow.jpg (341 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
love-netflix-judd-apatow.jpg
341 KB, 1440x960
Considering it was an Apatow gig, I liked it. First show in a while that made me take a look at shit I've done before.

The show had a great soundtrack. My only complaint is that they made Gus too insufferably awkward. Shows usually have exaggerated characters, but goddamn.

Also, I'm not surprised to see Apatow shoehorn his kid into this project.
>>
>>68000542
I thought the main dude was just insufferable.

Also that was his kid? The little kid actress? I'm actually kind of impressed, she was one of the better parts.
>>
>>68000643
Surprisingly, yeah. It didn't click until I saw her name in the credits of the last episode.

I'm kind of glad I stuck through it because he becomes bearable, but I think they lay it on too thick. It's going to lose a lot of people in the first episode or two.
>>
>>68000542
This is one of my favorite romantic comedies i've seen in a long time. I hate Apatow but really enjoyed it.
>>
Guy sucks, girl is alright. Both have issues. Kissing isn't gonna help.
>>
>>68000542
shit version of You're the Worst.

Heidi > Bertie > Mickey
>>
>>68000542
I wanna cuddle with the Aussie qt
>>
Why are we supposed to want them to get together?
>>
>>68002409
The guy didn't channel enough Woody Allen to make his whiney pushover character likeable.
>>
>>68000542
>i-hope-a-beta-male-can-carry-a-show-oh-nevermind-next-season-is-cancelled
>>
>>68002571

You're The Worst is great but it's a totally different tune

>>68002818

I don't think Gus is thought to be likeable. I think it's a subversion of the "nice guy" character just like Britta is a subversion of the "washed up slut". I mean, the whole show is an antipower fantasy for nice guys.

8/10 show, the best from Appy so far
>>
>>68002870
>a 12-episode second season will premiere in 2017
>>
>>68000542
there s something really wrong with this pic

>>68002818
Woody Allen would look like ultimate Chad standing next to this guy
>>
>>68002818

No one likes Woody's neurotic characters, I even like this guy more
>>
>>68002571
bertie is based.

but yeah heidi is too fucking hot.

also the actress has not been nude yet, fucking fuck
>>
Aussie is qt and has a great attitude
Main girl is hot af
Blonde actress hookup is delicious too

10/10 on the female front
>>
>>68000542
People think Apatow is just a guy who makes really shit comedy movies but his writing/producing is fucking stellar.
His work on girls is the only thing stopping Lena Dunham from 100% forcing her agenda on it , i'm pretty sure all the charming/whimsical moments come from Judd telling Lena to calm the fuck down during their writing meetings
>Tfw there are people on this board who will write off both this and girls just because of the Lena Dunham boogie man and Judd 'look at my wife's tits' Apatow's name in the credits
>>
>>68003991

Girls is atrocious shit though
>>
>>68000542
Why does he have the body of a teenager but the head of someone in a nursing home?
>>
>>68000542
I only dislike Mickey (Gillian Jacobs)'s dress sense. Mom jeans do not suit her, or the character
>>
File: bertie.jpg (36 KB, 750x421) Image search: [Google]
bertie.jpg
36 KB, 750x421
>>68002678
>>68003597
>>68003796
majority rules, Bertie is now declared Best Girl of this show forever.

this show was nothing but sad sack 30something vanity bait and total fucking garbage, claudia deserves better
>>
File: 1449081172768.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449081172768.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>>68000542
>3 mins in
>this mug

holy fuck
this dude looks unsettling as fuck
jesus christ
It's like I'm watching Mulholland drive the restaurant scene all over again.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.