[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That's what I'm talking about. Bones rattling!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: birdmanflying.jpg (82 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
birdmanflying.jpg
82 KB, 680x478
>That's what I'm talking about. Bones rattling! Big, loud, fast! Look at these people, at their eyes... they're sparkling. They love this shit. They love blood. They love action. Not this talky, depressing, philosophical bullshit.

C A P E K I N O
A
P
E
K
I
N
O
>>
File: image.jpg (775 KB, 1170x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
775 KB, 1170x1500
Is it wrong I agree with the hispsnic oscarman hack? Hollywood was always schmaltzy, but at least in the 60's / 70's there was some genuine heart to it. I really can't wrap my head around people's love of those loud superhero movies. It's literally ADHD in cinema form, especially the editing. Like studios think people are that shortsighted...
>>
>Big, loud, fast!
I came just reading that.
>>
>>67999628
That movie was gold. One of the few times I actually agreed with the Best Picture winner
>>
Birdman wasn't even that good, but it certainly deserved to win the Oscar due to how necessary it is. Capeshit is destroying culture and it must be stopped.
>>
>>67999958
>birdman wasn't even good
Not trying to start an arguemtn but what didn't you like about it?
>>
>>68000018
Not the poster you're responding to, I liked it a lot but I haven't rewatched it once. I think that says something about it.
>>
>imagine

If Disney/Marvel or WB pays him ridiculous well, an offer he cannot refuse, and makes him to make a cape movie, how would he do it?
>>
>>68000110
So you think it's bad, or at least not great, because you haven't bothered to rewatch it? If that's true I've got quite a few icionic movies I can give a poor review of
>>
I think it's bad because it's inconsistent. It creates a hero against all odds but lets him succumbs and committed suicide.
>>
>>68000365
This is a Birdman thread, Anon. You must be mistaken.
>>
>>68000365
>hero against all odds

If not bait, you've mistaken the character. Riggan is a man obsessed with his own self-worth, who's willing to ruin everything in his life just to be considered a "true" artist. Meanwhile, he's showered with reminders that his struggle means nothing. He's not a "hero" at odds with the world, he's a sad, old, washed-up actor who's selfish attempts at justifying himself ended with him taking the coward's way out.
>>
>>68000603
Agreed. On the surface level it's a story about a man struggling with his ego
>>
so he offed himself?
>>
>>68000765
It's ambiguous, but I think it's implied he no longer cares about the criticism he was obsessing over during the rest of the film. So he "died" when he shot himself, but he didn't kill himself when he started flying.
>>
>>68000603
I don't think that is what the movie is about if the director speaks through him about how he dislikes cape shits then what he has been working on must be truly valuable.

And for several scenes he did show some ability to be a great director/actor/dad
>>
>>68000765
Yes
But he did it on stage
That's my theory at least
>>
I wish the movie ended here, w/ the huge cg bird monster
>>
>>67999764
to fair in the 60's/70's not nearly as many people were watching movies. now that everyone does they have a much larger audience, and a lot of them just want a hour and a half flick to kill time with. The only real problem with this is you could argue the capeshit is taking money away from movies that could become something more than just a fun 2 hours but I doubt it's much at all. There's no way to know for sure but I'd bet the amount of quality movies isn't going down. just the amount of soulless movies is going up.
>>
>>68000888
>>68000914
i understand the gesture within the play, but i really want to know how to read the final scene, how it connects to the rest of the movie.
if i go by the posts above mine, i guess it could be seen as him imagining his daughter seeing him like that, but i don't remember if the movie does anything to really set that up.
especially since right when we see him fly in front of others we're shown how he had actually taken a taxi.
my suspicions are that it's connected to that, his perception and the perception of others, who could also lead to what >888 said about him not caring
>>
>goes on and on about cape shits
Literally every main actors/actress in Babel, Birdman and Revenant are still relevant today only because they were in some superhero/YA story adoptations series

(Except the Latino and Native American actors)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.