[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Episode VII launched to critical and financial success >Zootopia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: warnerbros.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
warnerbros.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>Episode VII launched to critical and financial success
>Zootopia 99% on RT with over 200 reviews, huge box office success
>Jungle Book 100% on RT with 17 reviews
>so confident on Civil War they're screening it to critics early, expect 85%+ RT, maybe even lower 90's
>Star Wars R1 will inevitably launch to critical acclaim
>Moana will launch to critical acclaim as a progressive master piece
Can Disney even lose?
>>
Fuck Disney. Give me another John Carter. I don't care about Mary Sue Wars.
>>
Nope, because they're a multi-national, trillion dollar mega-corporation. The level of the bureaucratic fuckup it would take for DC to pass them in something as profitable as this would be historic.

Of course they're going to be successful. They bought Lucasfilm for 4 billion dollars, and estimates say they're close to passing that in profit, if they haven't already, all on a single primary film, those small ventures like the comics and tv shows, studio services, and merchandise. It took them nothing.

Disney is a beast. A machine. The fan loyalty is there. The public familiarity is there. The ability to mass-produce, market, sell, and then re-release whatever they want is there.

A comic book company like DC can't fight that. Not when you compare them directly. That's why DC has changed so many release dates. That's why Disney can throw a release at them head on, and play chicken with it. Stunting DC's momentum would be worth the loss, because Disney has a few dozen other legs to stand on. And Disney is expanding. More parks, higher rates. Cruise Ships, tv channels, fresh IPs. What the fuck was Frozen? Where did that come from? And they can do it again.

And what's great about the whole thing, what's really fantastic, is the corporate style it's taken on. There's no one man that can fail. No person who can make a bad call and end it. The chairman of the board is there, but he's not the sole-man in charge. It's a board, each of those people with people, who have people, who have people. Financial and Business advisors, consulting around the clock. Testing, asking, recording. Departments dedicated to figuring out what to venture into next. It's an empire of cog-wheels, growing larger every year. You can replace any one part, and it will function fine.

Your great, great, great grandchildren will grow up with them. It's carved in the stone at this point.
>>
>>67998253
faggot
>>
File: 1451202818720.png (20 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1451202818720.png
20 KB, 342x245
>>67998253

>Your great, great, great grandchildren

If you say so
>>
can we have a nuclear war please? i want it to end
>>
File: rlm.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
rlm.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>>67997199
>we live in a world where people actually care about which company makes movies and doesn't just enjoy movies
>>
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 960x960
>>67998253
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 117x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 117x125
>>67997199
Disney is an unstumpable juggarnaut. We may as well just give up and sell our souls for merchandise.
>>
>>67997199
I don't know, Warcraft looks like a pretty serious contender to topple disney's regime.
>>
>>67997255
>Give me another John Carter.

For what purpose?
>>
>>67999809
It sure as hell won't topple its regime, but it will certainly be a contender for box office. Maybe if vidya movies get more traction, Disney may be seeing loads of competition, unless Disney decides to start making vidya movies...
>>
>>67998644
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiEXgpp37No

Good luck "just enjoying movies" when the Disney Empire has bought the rights to all of our best cultural myths and use their money and influence to change laws that would force them to share.

You fucking mindless degenerates are a threat to art.
>>
>>67997199
they lost 80 mill on the finest hours
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.