[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought it was pretty good with some relatively minor faults.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
File: avengultron.jpg (437 KB, 1061x1500) Image search: [Google]
avengultron.jpg
437 KB, 1061x1500
I thought it was pretty good with some relatively minor faults.
What's suppose to be the big fucking problem with it?
>>
>>67997171
>quips
>ultron is lame
>final battle is horde mode, again
>twins are in the movie for no reason
>widow/banner romance for no reason

Still an okay flick, but Furious 7 was the better Avengers film released that year
>>
>>67997171
Black Widow is a Slut
>>
>>67997860
>quips
such as?

>ultron is lame
you literally never saw the movie.

>final battle is horde
yep true

>twins are in movie for no reason
you literally never saw the movie

>widow/banner romance
tru
>>
I liked it but:
>a few too many jokes in battle
>when Ultron was compared to Stark, he should have gone out of his way to be more cold and robotic
>Ultron's second last form should have been nigh indestructable
>Hawkeye and Black Widow should have gotten badly injured
>>
1. Ultron is not a very threatening villain, the final fight at the end is basically a rehash of the first one.

2. It was paced somewhat poorly

3. People expected this to surpass the spectacle that was Avengers 1, and when it didn't it left a bad taste in their mouths. If looked at objectively, the movie is better in many aspects, though it does fall short in others. The action is significantly better, and the characterization is much better as well.
>>
>>67997171
>all the actors arent giving fuck on camera and it shows
>you can feel the lack of caring throughout this whole film
>good
>>
>>67997903
>YOU DIDNT LIKE MY MOVIE SO YOU DIDNT SEE IT
jesus, Marvelcucks are actually worse than DCucks
>>
>>67997171
No weight from ultron, he did not feel like a threat, his drones/copies were torn up by everyone (black widow), too many save civilians scenes, and all of that combined to create massive boredom.

This is probably the first superhero film to make me wonder who the fuck was the target audience?, the two other folks I came with fell asleep and got pissed I did not wake them. My explanation was if you fell asleep it means the film was terrible. PS I enjoyed the first avengers (not that good on multiple repeats), MoS and BvS.
>>
>>67997860
>for no reason
They attacked the Hydra compound where they were experimenting on them, and they escaped.
>>
>>67999361
Families so they can take their kids to watch them, probably?
>liked BvS and MoS
Your opinion is irrelevant since those two and both Avenger movies are some of the worst capeshit ever made.
>>
>>67999252
t. DCuck
>>
>literally turns into a netfilx slice of life drama in the middle for no reason
>they actually managed to make a movie about superheroes bland

BRAVO JOSS!
>>
>>67997171
Good things:
>Everything Scarlet Witch
>Everything Vision
>Quicksilver's body
>Chris Evans' existence

That's it. Rest of the movie is god awful.
>>
>>67999497
>acting as if AoU is the first bland superhero movie
>when it came out after The Wolverine, Green Lantern, X-Men 3, Superman Returns and Spiderman 3
>>
>>67999398
But there's no reason for them to actually be in the movie at all. What was their purpose?
Whedon fucked up by again failing to focus on the main four, Ebins, 'emsworth, rdj, and Ed Norton
>>
>>67997903
>>quips
>such as?
seriously??
>>
>>67999593
Say what you will about spidey 3, bland it is absolutely not
>>
>>67999636
By that logic, there's no reason for Bumblebee to be in Transformers 1.
They are superheroes in a superhero movie.
They escaped from HYDRA, went back to their country, and that country is the one that Ultron chose to use to destroy Earth.
>>
>>67999593
All these felt like super hero films even if they were shit(haven't seen all of them though).
What the fuck were the avengers doing on the set of little house on the prairie, arguing who is going to use the bathroom first?
>>
They made Ultron into a stupid villain, and then killed him off.
His final body shouldn't have been able to be destroyed.
He would have escaped onto the internet. Or made a copy of himself just like the comic Ultron.
They made Ultron quip more than Spider-man.
>>
>>67999442
Each had their moments man.

MoS: best action scenes in a cape flick
BvS: Not what i expected but I enjoyed it (once in theaters, second on shitty streaming)
Avengers 1: the IM vs Thor moment, the battle vs the chit army, the nuke ending (ur not the guy we can depend on to carry the team, does his part in the end ect..).

You are completely right about AoU target being kids. I skipped Antman only to find out it was good (compy).
>>
>>67997171
I have an idea how to improve it. What if Ultron killed Hawkeye's family and stabbed him in the ears to make him deaf like in the comics?
>>
>>67999804
No, every single capeshit is for kids.
MoS had some wannabe DBZ action scenes that standed out due to how bad the CGI was.
Avengers 1 simply doesn't have a single memorable moment.
>>
>>67999593
Superman Returns was both boring and depressing but I admit the last time i saw it was in theaters.
>>
>>67999856
>doesn't have a single memorable moment
Not even Hulk wrecking Loki?
>>
>>67999923
No, it was a lazy scene to make kids laugh.
>>
>>67999955
>I didn't like it, therefore it's not memorable
Oh. I didn't realize.
>>
>>67999856
Whoa, i though the idea was to obtain a mixed audience, the last time a superhero flick went full children (minus the animated stuff/pure cgi) was Batman and Robin. Which led to the reboot.
>>
>>67999973
What was memorable about it?
It was a poor joke scene, nothing more.
>>
>>67997171
Legitimate gripes with this movie
>Brutasha romance
>Hoard mode again (but I liked it desu)
>Pacing is a little too rushed, needed about five more minutes of establishing certain things (More time with Ultron/Twins, Thor cave stuff)
Overall nothing that makes it the steaming pile of shit you'd think it was if you heard the average /tv/ anon meme about it.
Still leagues above BvS
>>
>>67997171
please return to reddit and never come back
>>
>>68000040
Are you perhaps not a native English speaker? The word "memorable" refers only to whether or not something is remembered, not on any kind of cinematographic value or whatever you're whining about.
It's memorable because it's remembered. The Bat Credit Card is remembered too, and that was an even poorer joke scene.
>>
>>67997171
To me it was just like Iron Man 2...not terrible, but just filler until the next movie.
>>
>>67999845
>like in the comics
That's the wrong mindset desu senpai. The MCU is its own thing just like any other alternate earth.
>>
The only time the quip meme was actually real

>I'M MENACING AS FUCK, THE END BOSS OF THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS OF MARVEL FILMS
>LOL WHATS THE WORD FOR TINY HUMANS I FORGET ORITE BABIES GRRRRRRRRRR

Even as a Marvel cuck Ultron was pure cringe
>>
>>68000157
Exactly, what has that scene that makes it easy to remember?
It's just another joke.
>>
>>67999223
Evans and Renner seem to have fun.

Downey hasn't given a fuck since Avengers 1 and it shows. Hopefully he gets replaced soon.
>>
>>67997860
>>quips
>>ultron is lame
This are my only complaints, everything else was good, I loved the final battle scene.
>>
>>68000166
My point is doing that would've made Ultron seem more threatening because he'd actually have gotten some more damage done. Also would've made Hawkeye more interesting.
>>
>>68000182
Literally every normie who has seen Avengers remembers that scene.
>>
>>68000171
They tried to make Ultron to be Loki.
Ultron isn't Loki.
>>
>>68000182
I don't understand what you want. It's a fact that people remember that scene. What more do you want?
>>
>>68000119
>Thor cave stuff
This is the only scene that didn't fit in the movie, but Marvel/Disney hamfisted that scene, Wheon initially rejected to include that, but he's a beta cucku
>>
>>68000215
Evans always looks like he's having fun. He's just good at hiding his constant anxiety and doubt.

Chris Evans is the purest waifu of the MCU, next to Olsen.
>>
>>68000242
And most thought Age of Ultron was good too, what's your point?
>>
>>68000268
>He's just good at hiding his constant anxiety and doubt
Just like the real Cap.
>>68000276
That maybe you're just being contrarian for its own sake?
>>
>>68000268
He just seems like he genuinely likes playing Captain America.
>>
>>68000171
Ultron, in this universe, is a product of Tony Stark. It's only natural that he's just like him. That's the whole point of the eggs/omelette scene
>>
>>68000268
I don't remember Scarjo having a sex scene.
>>
Ultron was a pretty boring villain (AI goes crazy. very original. But even then, nothing new).

But yes, it was actually really good. I don't even know how
>Olsen's tits
>RDJ's typical attitude
>Some pretty funny scenes
I don't know if I'd see it again (rewatched the first movie once, and liked it alot less...) but I enjoyed it with my friends
>>
>>68000243
Giving him lips and pupils was fucking stupid too considering he has(had) the coolest villain design in the MU.

>>68000312
That makes sense but it doesn't make Ultron not shit
>>
>>68000297
>contrarian
Ahh, the buzzword for ''You can't think differently''
You do know that everyone who thinks Age of Ultron is garbage is a contrarian too, right?
That word is meaningless, but I guess the guys in the suits must love it.
>>
>>68000268
Well they get paid to goof off on set and make the studio billions of dollars.
>>
>>68000308
He wants to quit acting, but he's agreed to keep doing Cap. I think he likes being around the MCU crew more than being Cap. He's friends with almost everyone.

>>68000313
>thinking Scarjo is pure
>thinking a sex scene makes you impure
Also, she did one in Don Jon.
>>
>>68000343
>everyone who thinks Age of Ultron is garbage is contrarian too
Not "too", that's what I just said. And it's not a meaningless buzzword at all, you're hating on it just to hate on it. The fact that you denied Avengers having memorable scenes in it just proves you don't have any real opinions, you just hate on popular things to be edgy.
I'm going to stop talking to you now.
>>
>>67999252
I am stating facts. Ultron is not a shit villain, even though you pathetic DCucks try to push it.

and again, you and >>67999663
list the 'quips' of AoU. not just one or two, list them all.
>>
>>68000390
>sex scene in one movie
>bunch of rape scenes in another
>topless scene in yet another one
>pushed to have incest undertones in AoU
>>
>>68000340
Absolutely! How do you fuck up Ultron's appearance that badly? He didn't fucking need lips! Not every villain needs to be a snarkfuck, Whedon! This isn't Buffy.

>>68000364
Yet Renner still bitches about not getting paid enough.
>>
>ultron's lips
>ultron's pupils
>big bad does nothing but quip and fumble shit
>effects aren't as well done
>scarlet witch's powers are plot convenient nonsense with no rules
>quicksilver completely fucked by a vastly superior version being released before him
>that scene in the beginning where SW does CGI magic to Cap and then hits reverse on the tape and it means nothing and looks like someone left it in on accident
>that entire stupid fucking farmhouse plotline

It was a mess.
>>
literally the only things wrong with this movie is the

>Thor cave scenes

and

>Bruce and Natasha romance outta nowhere

everything else is fine. Ultron is by far the best thing about it. the horde thing is a bit disappointing but oh well.
>>
>>68000340
But it was different. Marvel is in this weird spot where about half of their hardcore fans want exact replicas of the 616 story lines brought to the big screen and the other half want something new and fresh.
>>
>>68000400
Yes it is.
You discarded an entire opinion just because it doesn't agree with the majority.
>>
>>68000438
Scarjo is pure too. Happy?
>>
>>68000476
No, they are all sluts.
>>
>>67997903
why did you make this comment if you didnt actually have anything to say
>>
>>68000171
you're no Marvel cuck. merely a DCuck trying to spout this meme that Ultron was terrible.
>>
>>67997171
Scarlet witch is objectively best girl

Widow is second worst girl behind jessica jones

These are facts
>>
File: Wanda.png (591 KB, 634x1164) Image search: [Google]
Wanda.png
591 KB, 634x1164
>>68000531
Wanda has had a hard life. How do you make her feel like a normal girl on your date?
>>
>>68000522
But I thought MoS and BVS were both awful

The editing is on par with Clash of the Titans levels of incoherent
>>
>>68000040
You clearly remembered it, as did everyone who ever saw it. I didn't like it (well, I didn't dislike it either. It fit the movie) but it was memorable.
>>
Has there ever been a Marvel villain that didn't turn into a complete joke at the end?
>>
File: cho.jpg (388 KB, 1280x535) Image search: [Google]
cho.jpg
388 KB, 1280x535
>will Thor be there?

What did the asian qt mean by this?
>>
File: Nofun_robot.jpg (59 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
Nofun_robot.jpg
59 KB, 448x473
>>68000497
Sure, okay.
>>
>>68000243
>Ultron
>like Loki

I want DCucks who just want to find sanctuary from their shit movie to leave. either actually watch AoU or fuck off
>>
>>68000564
AoU was a mess.

Ultron was not. he was the best part about it.
>>
>>68000584
Emil maybe. Unless turning into Abomination is a joke.
>>
>>68000584
Staine, Red Skull, the guy that Robert Redford played in TWS.
>>
Hawkguy's house happy vacantions.

Ultron never being a real menace to after Vision got stolen from him.
>>
>>68000594
Honey, BvS is shit and worse than AoU, but AoU is bad. Ultron is a fucking joke.
>>
>>68000445
>Yet Renner still bitches about not getting paid enough
ScarJo and RDJ make more than all the other actors combined tho.
I'd be a bit bitter too.
>>
>>68000554
No mention of brothers, no mention of destroyed homes, no mention of family at all, avoid explosions.
>>
When Grapeman takes the jewel from Vision, does Vision die?
>>
>>68000649
RDJ kind of started the MCU, so that kind of makes sense.
I have no idea why Scarjo makes more though.
>>
>>68000265
It's just poorly forced Infinity War arc stuff. They need to put it in somewhere.
>>
Worse movie than batman v superman.
And that's saying something.

It's literally a 2 hour advertisement for
>Captain America: Civil War
>Thor: Ragnarok
>Black Panther
>Avengers: Infinity War, a film that won't be released until fucking 2018
>A Hulk movie that literally isn't even going to happen anymore

It may not be the absolute worst film in the MCU, but it is certainly the most insulting.
At this point, the MCu is clearly more invested in the long term longevity of itself as a franchise as opposed to the individual quality of its movies. It's the same reason nobody important ever dies in any of these.
I mean, hell, the final fight hasn't even started yet in this movie and Ultron has already been dismissed as the major threat. They literally just go to fight him because "well I guess we gotta wrap this up with an explosive finale in the city AGAIN".

It's dumb and inexcusable.
>>
>>68000665
So what do you actually do? Lasertag?
>>
>>68000554
By being an android who can barely relate to other humans but somehow finds comfort in a relationship with her?

>>68000708
While I'm not saying you're wrong, how does it advertise for Black Panther?
>>
>>68000724
So she accidentally blows it all up if she gets overwhelmed?
Nah, Netflix and chill.
>>
>>68000632
>>68000633

Ah ok. Most of those were before Whedon too.
>>
>>68000451
>final battle in some random slav city no one cares about
>zerging ultra drones aren't threatening at all
>they all magically disappear when all the civilians are being evacuated (and none of them got hurt at all, ever) then come back right after
>black widow/ hulk calming shit
>'age' of ultron aka a weekend when ultron does some mean things to people as a sequel to new york getting fucked by alien monsters
>'superheros' that are glorified normal people
>there is basically 0 suspense in the movie at all, at no point does anyone actually feel like they are in danger
>ultron is one of the baddest villains in the MU and they make him a complete joke
>mutants that arent actually mutants cause muh rights
>>
>>68000708
>as opposed to the individual quality of its movies
And yet Antman came after this.
>>
>there are people who think Ultron was a bad thing about the movie

you type of niggas never saw the movie so it is clear you are DCucks who are desperate. his dialogue is leagues ahead of that trash from Luthor in BvS or Bane in TDKR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9GyhX7yHM
>>
>>68000119
>Still leagues above BvS
No way Jose

AoU was 2+ hours of promoting other films.

BvS was a mess, but an entertaining one with an excellent first 20 minutes and one of the best capeshit musical scores in recent history.
>>
>>68000738
>how does it advertise for Black Panther?
The vibranium came from him country.
>>68000750
What a coinky-dinky.
>>
>>68000708
you literally never saw it :)
>>
>>68000761
Valid criticism but two
>>'age' of ultron aka a weekend when ultron does some mean things to people as a sequel to new york getting fucked by alien monsters
These movies always use the name from comic events, even when it doesn't make sense.

>'superheros' that are glorified normal people
What?
What kind of complaint is this?

>mutants that arent actually mutants cause muh rights
???
>>
>>68000784
Oh yeah! Totally blocked out that part of the movie cause it was mostly fucking pointless!
>>
>>68000778
>one of the best capeshit musical scores in recent history.
>generic Hans Zimmer bombastic mediocrity
>>
>>68000418
>language!
>hey there big guy ;)
>didn't see that comin
>muh strings
>HELP ME TONY

The list goes on
>>
>>68000813
>mostly fucking pointless!
>world building is pointless
Wow.
>>
>>68000738
>While I'm not saying you're wrong, how does it advertise for Black Panther?
The entire fictional up African country segment is where Black Panther is from. They caused destruction to pull him into civil war.

They didnt have to go there.
They didnt NEED to travel half way around the world just to get metal.

>>68000762
>Antman
Antman and Winter Soldier are irregularities in phase 2
>muh guardians of-
no, fuck off with that reddit shit
>>
>All those mcucks
I though DC Fags are bad but you are worse, nobody mentioned BvS.
>>
>>68000813
>!
Greetings, Reddit.
>>
>>68000835
literally only one of those is a quip
>>
>>68000738
Did you miss that huge scene where Wanda mindfucked everyone in that Wakandian base?
>>
>>68000789
I love this meme
>>
>>68000855
Wait, are you implying that DCucks didn't shit on the MCU out of nowhere in the BvS threads there were here before release?
>>
>>68000456
thor in general is bad desu
>>
>>67997171
I preferred it to that awful first film. I quite liked quicksilver. A shame he died. Hawkeye was great too.
>>
>>68000853
>fuck off with that reddit shit
I don't know anything about reddit, but I do know GotG was great.
>>
>>68000778
>AoU was 2 hours of promoting other films
you literally never saw the movie :) it in no way promotes Civil War or anything else, besides the forced Thor scenes for Ragnarok.

and that's RICH coming from a BvS faggot. now that flick is the one that promotes the upcoming Flash, JL, Cyborg etc. you want to know what made your flick so shit? it's that. it forgot to be its own movie.
>>
>>68000708
WINRAR

This post gets it perfectly
>>
>>68000853
>he didn't like guardians
How's it feel memeing blinded you into hating the GOAT space opera this past decade?
>>
>>68000855
Yeah, these MCUfags are so bad for shitting on DCEU out of nowhere, something that DCfags have NEVER done.
>>
>>68000835
so, the language bit. wow that's alot.

help me tony never happened and the strings bit is a meme amongst the retards on here.
>>
>>68000853
>They didnt NEED to travel half way around the world just to get metal.
But they did. As far back as The First Avenger Howard Stark pointed out vibranium is the rarest metal on earth and the shield was all they had. Vibranium coming from Wakanda is what makes it so technologically advanced when compared to the rest of Africa nad is the reason Black Panther is so tough.
>>
>>68000853
It's not normal metal, it's vibranium,stronger and durable, that's why Ultron wanted it.
>>
>>68000927
>this post gets it perfectly
>when it doesn't adress any specific issue and is a post that even someone who didn't watch the movie could write
>>
its not bad, everything wrong i can think of with this movie comes down to joss whedon being a poor exhausted sap, its leagues ahead of BvS
>>
>>68000853
>they didn't need to go to Wakanda

except they did. that's the only place with Vibranium. again, you never saw the movie.
>>
>>67997171
The MAIN problem is that the villain was SHIT because they based Ultron on Stark instead of Hank Pym.

Which is a major mistake and killed the point of Ultron entirely. He is suppose to be an amazing cold hearted killer with a shitload of backup plans and what not. Also, he is suppose to KILL an Avenger, not just Quicksilver in the movie if he was made by Hank Pym.

If it was Pym's Ultron, the entire fucking team would be fucked up by the 2nd arc. By fucked up, I mean some are already dead or in serious injuries. Lets just say Ultron managed to chop off Hawkeye's leg. Lets just say that.

tldr; Villain not good enough; its just another token villain and a great comic villain wasted.
>>
The trailer had so much promise. ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do
>>
>>68000891
>>68000947
No, i never said that. I'm saying both of you are acting like shit.
>>
>>68000853
Yes they did, that metal is Vibranium.
Did you watch it?
>>
>>68000925
>you literally never saw the movie
ebin

>it in no way promotes Civil War or anything else
EBIN

>and that's RICH coming from a BvS faggot
"If you don't like Age of Ultron you must be a DC fag!"
Easy there kiddo. I think capeshit in general is cancerous. I don't discriminate.
But if you honestly believe that BvS was anywhere near the laughable advertisement that AoU was, then well, perhaps "you literally never saw the movie"
>>
>>68001011
No, you are saying MCUfags are worse than DCfags for doing something that both sides have done constantly over and over in the last years.
>>
>>68001008
What were they thinking when doing a gritty trailer for a movie that was 95% quips and only 1 dark scene.
>>
>>68001034
In what way did the movie promote Civil War?
Look at the ending, Tony and Cap end up as friends, the new Avengers are there, everything seems like it'll end fine.
>>
>Y-YOU DIDN'T SEE IT!
>LALALALALALALALA YOU'RE LYING YOU DIDN'T WATCH IT!

This is a new level of autistic denial.
Even for /tv/

This is just sad
>>
File: MarinaAndriesk_Infoboxphoto.png (151 KB, 240x359) Image search: [Google]
MarinaAndriesk_Infoboxphoto.png
151 KB, 240x359
who's the best waifu in the magicians and why is it marina?
>>
>>68001008
>;___;
I know, Reddit, this generic superhero blockbuster could have been such a good 6/10 CGI clusterfuck :((
>>
>>68001091
The chopping wood scene. It's in the new spot.
>>
>>68000708
>the final fight hasn't even started yet in this movie and Ultron has already been dismissed as the major threat

I don't get this complaint. In the final act they're fighting Ultron's hordes. The whole island falling out of the sky nonsense happened because of Ultron. It took Vision to kill the guy.

If he wasn't the major threat by the final act, who was?
>>
>>68001113
What other explanation can there be for not getting shit that's explained in the movie?
>>
>>68001034
how does it promote Civil War? :) if you say "hurr they fought" they always fight, even in Avengers 1.

how does it promote Black Panther? oh right, you already got BTFO in previous responses.

how does it promote ANYTHING besides Ragnarok?

and you clearly are a DCuck if you are foolish enough to believe BvS wasn't just a forced ground for other shitty upcoming DC movies. read the reviews, read the complaints. listen to them all. the main gripe is that it forgot to be its OWN MOVIE.

sit the fuck down child.
>>
>>68001141
Then that confrontation between Cap and Iron Man in the first Avengers is also CW promotion.
>>
>>67997171
It was lame that you didn't see civilians die, that was one of the reasons I like capesnyder. It really adds weight to the film and raises the stakes.
>>
your biggest mistake, Marveldudes, is arguing with DCucks who already lost.
>>
My only problem is the trailer built up ultron like he was going to be an awesome villain and he was really average
>>
>>68001186
>raises the stakes
How?
In MoS Superman didn't give a fuck about civilians up until he had to break Zod's neck, and in BvS the fight goes to a conveniently abandoned island.
>>
I actually re-watched both avengers movies after watching Batman V Superman.

The first one still holds up.
It's a bit childish and corny, but it works. A far better movie than BvS.

But Age of Ultron... nah, it's shit. And I know that word gets thrown around here a lot, but it's like their primary concern was building up literally every phase 3 movie, including one (Hulk) that isn't even going to come to be now. That's pretty lame. I realize comics are like that, but we have seen better before from Marvel in cinema.
Batman v Superman, as flawed as it is, is still a far more entertaining movie than AoU. Not even close.
>>
>>68001113
well you and whoever else is shitposting about AoU need to stop pretending you have seen it.

AoU was a shitfest but a much better one than BvS, and it actually had a good villain and didn't forget to be its own movie.
>>
>>68001245
No, those three movies are just different shades of horseshit.
The flaws that kill them are just different.
>>
>>68001245
too bad your opinion is objectively wrong :)
>>
>>68001152
Did you actually believe, even for a second, that the avengers were going to lose?
At all?

No, of course not.
The fight had zero gravitas.
>>
>>68001156
>How does it promote Civil War
Watch the movie again and tell me there was no tension between Steve and Tony. Between Tony creating Ultron and the two of them clashing ideals, it's in your face.
>Black Panther
Everything Wakanda related
>ANYTHING besides Ragnarok
Vision's conception and Ultron, as well as Thor learning of the infinity stones sets up
Infinity War
Guardians 2
the rest

To say AoU doesn't set up anything besides ragnarok is asinine
>>
AoU is objectively a better movie than Avengers 1. People just don't see it because of nostalgia
>>
>>68001245
Why would you just go on the internet and tell lies?
>>
>>68001303
You can say that about Loki, Stane, Red Skull, plenty others. Doesn't make them shit villains.
>>
>>68001303
That doesn't make any sense, the heroes never lose in anything.
>>
>>67997903
>>quips
>such as?
I question if you actually saw the film.
>>
>>68001303
did you believe that Doomsday or Luthor were going to win?

did you believe Supes would stay dead?

did you seriously DOUBT that the worlds most overrated human would lose to Superman?
>>
>>68001245
>>68000708
This so much.

Age of Ultron is literally an advertisement.
It's such piss poor attempt to be a 2 hour trailer that it even makes Batman v Superman, a mess of a movie, look like a stand-alone film.

Wheedon dropped the ball hard.
>>
>>68001387
No, it doesn't, it's bad, but BvS it's a different shade of garbage.
AoU, TASM2, BvS and X-Men Origins are packages made by different companies that contain everything that is wrong with capeshit.
>>
>>68001227
Didn't you see the beginning of BvS, without the destruction of the city, you wouldn't have Batfleck's justification to fight Superman.

I don't see how Superman fighting Zod implies he doesn't care about civilians, Zod literally states he wants to kill as many as he can.
>>
>>68001310
Steve and Tony have been friends/enemies since Avengers 1.

so just because they went to Wakanda, it promotes BP? even with zero mention of him? yeah okay bud ;)

the entire MCU sets up the stones story for Thanos. you're deluded if you think AoU is the one that does it all.

gg no re.
>>
>>68001156
hey anon, I just wanted to point out that this guy here >>68001310 is not me.

I never had any intention of responding to your shitposting.

I know I know, what is the point of having integrity on an anonymous image board.

Just pointing out that I'm of the school of don't respond to shitposts and move on and this guy ruined it.

Sorry for over explaining. It's late.
>>
>>68001387
>>68001255
>>68001278
Let's be real here, both AoU and BvS are mired from trying to set up entire acts of a franchise.
>>
>>68001421
That means what Superman did had an effect, it doesn't raise any stakes.

>I don't see how Superman fighting Zod implies he doesn't care about civilians
Because in the fight a lot of civilians die, Superman doesn't try to save anyone.

There's no stakes when the hero doesn't care about the stakes.
>>
>>68001374
>Supes would stay dead

That he died was enough, suck it Marvelcuck
>>
>>68001387
>he keeps spouting this meme

lmao :) AoU was an actual standalone flick, BvS was not. it literally force fed you Batman, Wonderwoman in a Superman flick and it clearly pushed Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg and didn't even TRY to be subtle with the upcoming films for all of them and JL.

sit down child. you lost yet again.
>>
>>68001464
What's the point of dying if he's going to revive in the first scene of Justice League?
It's the same as Coulson, his death was pointless.
>>
>>68001374
It's schlock, but the BvS fight has more energy and gravitas than any action sequence in AoU.

Somebody link that hilariously ridiculous webm of the truck being lifted off.
>>
>>68000738
Mind gem. Their powers and being come from the mind gem
>>
>>68001459
>Superman doesn't try to save anyone

>implying he didn't save the world
>implying Zod would let him
>>
>>68001464
>died
>only to be back next time

Cap died in Cap 1 then :^)
>>
File: blush.png (584 KB, 1232x547) Image search: [Google]
blush.png
584 KB, 1232x547
>>68001502
>AoU was an actual standalone flick
Holy fucking shit
>>
File: bvs1.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bvs1.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>68001520
Both final fights are tasteless CGI clusterfucks.
>>
>>68001502
You forgot Darkseid.
>>
>>68001464
>Died
They literally couldn't even pretend he was dead for the rest of the movie
>>
>open up thread
>marveldrones actually defending Age of Ultron
Never thought I'd see the day
>>
>>68001520
>more energy and gravitas
>it's another meme Batmanwinslol episode

sure thing bud
>>
>>68001547
But we all knew that he was going to save the world and defeat the bad guy.
Or did you think they would destroy Earth in the first entry of their cinematic universe?
>>
>>68001579
KAMEHAMEHA!
>>
>>68001432
Civil War's conflict has essentially been in the works since the first Iron Man.

Of course Wakanda promotes BP. He's all about Wakanda and its had no major role until now.

AoU is the first movie to connect the cosmic shit to the Avengers side of things.

>>68001442
What's the point of having integrity on a mongolian fur trading BBS?
>>
>>68001574
sorry you keep losing DCuck. it was standalone as fuck, with only the forced Ragnarok scenes.

gg no re
>>
>>68001604
>DCucks come and try to salvage BvS one last time
Hilarious.
>>
>>68001520
>the BvS fight has more energy and gravitas
DCucks actually believe this
>>
>>68001604
AoU is leagues better than BvS :)
>>
>>68001611
No, but they killed a hell of a lot more people then Loki and the forgettables, which makes them actual villains, not just inconveniences to be quipped at.
>>
>>67999405
>>67999405
>>67999405
>>67999405
NEW THREAD
>>
>>68001644
>the first movie to connect the cosmic shit to the Avengers side of things
But the first Avengers had aliens invading?
>>
>>68001704
>they are real villains because they killed more
The problem is when the hero doesn't care about saving those civilians.
Their objective is fucking up Earth, and we all know that won't happen.
There's no stakes.
>>
File: rly.jpg (185 KB, 594x594) Image search: [Google]
rly.jpg
185 KB, 594x594
>>68001644
PSA: THE HULK v. HULKBUSTER fight doesn't take place in Wakanda. It takes place in Johannesburg.
>>
>>67999559
There was almost certainly a scene with the twins during the farm scenes to tie into the theme of family. That would have added alot.

There's too much quipping, too much Bantasha, too much unfocused action. Joss was clearly exhausted and you can kind of see it.

A second director or writer would have helped alot.
>>
>>68001704
>not just inconveniences to be quipped at
DINGDINGDINGDING!
>>
>>68001730
>implying AGAIN that he didn't give a shit about earth
>>
>no back story to wanda and pietro
>no magneto
>stupid fox and marvel rights to heroes
>killing off quicksilver
>ultron literally being one of the biggest enemies of the avengers taken out within 1 week
>silly plan to drop a city wiping our civilization
>random hawkeye story
>pointless love story between black widow and hulk
>basically the same as the 1st avengers movie
>shitty comedic scenes that served no purpose
>needed to be darker

Would you like me to keep going?
>>
>>68001751
Go home Strange you're a loose cannon!
>>
>>68001611
>>68001704
>>68001730
>>68001758
>>68001762

Guys you're forgetting something crucial

Whedon and Snyder are hacks
>>
>>68001762
Where did I say he didn't give a shit about Earth?
He did, but he didn't care about saving civilians while fighting Zod.
Civilians are going to die because Superman won't stop it, and the only thing that remains is Earth, which we know he won't destroy.

There's no stakes.
>>
>there are DCucks who LITERALLY try to call AoU a clusterfuck of upcoming films when it only has Ragnarok instances

>there are DCucks who LITERALLY think BvS is a good standalone flick even with the entire origin story of Batman in it

>Wonderwoman appearing in it

>Wonderwoman literally googling Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman

>el Flasho scene with Bats

>the obvious and forced "LOOK JL IS HAPPENING GUYS"

>Doomsday outta nowhere for a 10 minute appearance

>"Darkseid is in it too! man our flick is good!"

oh goodness gracious! DC fags ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>68001790
B-but Firefly!
>>
>>68001727
Cosmic as in Thanos/Guardians/Infinity War shit.

I consider that separate from Asgardian shit.
>>
>>68001781
>no back story to wanda and pietro
What back story?
They were hobbos in their country and offered themselves as experiments for Hydra, there's nothing more than that.

>no magneto
They don't have the rights, and even then, what does he have to do with this movie at all?

>random hawkeye story
Oh, so now you are complaining about a movie showing backstory?

>needed to be darker
No, it needed to get rid of the quips, nothing more.
Dark and gritty in capeshit only fits Batman.
>>
>>68001781
>needed to be darker
I disagree. If I want dark, I'll just go read me some Punisher MAX.
>>
>>68001034
>le ironic meme culture
kys pls
>>
>>68001858
>I consider that separate from Asgardian shit.
The Chitauri were not Asgardians. They were aliens. Loki was cooperating with aliens in the first Avengers.
>>
File: Cry.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
Cry.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>68001845
D E L E T E T H I S
>>
>>68000554
Wanda needs lots of cuddles. This is vital. Make sure she's thoroughly cuddled with extra doses of hugs.
Talk to her about the future and how she shouldn't be afraid of her powers and how she's a good person and try to make her smile.
>>
>>67997860
>quips
Nice meme dipshit.
>>
>>68001918
oh

Still, point stands it sets things up for IW in a major way because now they know what the stones mean.
>>
>>68001866
The back story to Wanda and Pietro being recruited by Magneto after he saved them. Not the random bullshit story of being trapped in a building for 2 days waiting for a "Stark" Bomb to go off. Just a random bullshit story for Civil War.

Not having Magneto is a pretty big deal. Even if they don't have the rights. Absolutely no mention of him is a bit strange.

Hawkeye is a really boring character in the comics. Secondary characters shouldn't really take away from the main avengers.

I don't care for the comedy. The jokes are getting a bit old, only appeal to the general audience. Director fails to realize more people would be attracted to the movies if it actually was based off the comics.
>>
>>68002008
There's no mention because they literally can't mention him.
They can't mention any of the X-Men, they can't mention mutants or any mutant.
>>
>>68002008
>Absolutely no mention of him is a bit strange.
How is it strange when they don't have the rights to him? He doesn't exist in the MCU.
>>
>>67999663
>seriously??
seriously. What "quips" negatively hurt the film? Or is /tv/ now so autistic and contrarian that franchise tentpoles are only good if all the dialogue is unscripted mumblecore shit?
>>
>>68002008
>Absolutely no mention of him is a bit strange
They literally can't, how are you not getting this?
>>
>>68000677
Depends if Wanda Chaos Magic's a way to save him.
That moment when Thanos fucks up Vision will be her ultimate test.
>>
>>68002051
>>68002040

Can't Marvel just break the contract and pay the fine? Sooner or later the paths of the X-MEN and the Marvel heroes will cross.
>>
>>68002096
No anon, no. Their master plan for Phase 4 is buying the rights to FF and having Doom, Reed Richards, Strange, T'Challa and Namor do Illuminati hi-jinks.
>>
>>68002096
The only thing the contract says is that if in 10 years they don't use the license, it goes back to Marvel, that's how they got Daredevil back, because since the movie, Fox didn't touch it.
The only thing they could do is buying them back, but I doubt disney would be up to paying the price, even more considering they don't really need them.
Plus they don't like each other too much.
Hell, the Fantastic 4 movie released last year was practically only made to keep the rights because of how much of a grudge there's between Marvel and Fox.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (32 KB, 641x121) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
32 KB, 641x121
>>68001008

heh
>>
>>68001781
There might be alot more backstory to Wanda, anon, given who gave Loki the scepter and the whole powers connected to emotions thing.
>>
>>68001464
Quicksilver died and stayed dead

Also Quicksilver died while saving lives, while Superman died while killing the game guy that he killed in the last movie
>>
>>68002214
Explain.
>>
>>68001781
DCucks think these are legitimate criticism
>>
>>68002008
Wanda having normal parents is how it always should have been IMHO.
Her being a normal girl who becomes hugely powerful has much greater pottery.

Besides, based Chthon fills Magneto's space.
>>
>>68002397
Who is this Chthon?
>>
>>68001113

Have you ever seen a Bloodborne thread? It basically follows the same route
>>
>>68002428
Chaos God.
>>
>>68002584
Alright. How tough is he?
>>
>>68002428
Elder God who pretty much invented the whole concept of "miracles" by studying the creation of that which shouldn't exist (Vampires, Werewolves, Wish Demons, etc) and wrote the tome of all Black Magic, the Darkhold.

He sneakily gifted Wanda a fraction of his power, making her the only Chaos Magic user in the universe other than Chthon himself.
His elemental host/puppet is called The Other.
>>
>>68002642
It's not about toughness, he doesn't have a physical form.
In the comics, Wanda is practically his toy and is basically the source of her power.
>>
>>68002667
>>68002677
And is he going to be important in the MCU?
>inb4 he's possessing Mads in Doctor Strange
>>
>>67997171
I'd rather watch it again than the first Avengers movie again. Maybe Avengers 1 is a better put together movie, but Avengers 2 has more individual pieces I like.
>better cap
>still tony centric but he interacts with steve and banner more
>better than dofp quicksilver quickslav'r
>muh witchfu
>better hawkguy
>party scene
>vision
>ultron better than the worst version of mcu loki
>better ending
I don't even really mind the infinity gem, since you can completely ignore the larger meaning of it and just take it as "oh loki's mind control spear has an alien brain rock in it." I would want more of Whedon's original ideas in there though, like Ultron being based on Tony's personality, the original Thor cave scene, and the Hulk in space ending. Thor's cave is probably the worst thing in the movie.
>>
>>68002677
He toys with Strange as well, and Blade.

Shuma Gorath and Chthon preside over the nastiest places in the universe.

>>68002708
Maybe. Maybe not. Whedon planted all the seeds they need to fully introduce him. He is more an overarching villain and colossal troll than the typical Marvel baddie, given he is invincible and has no true physical form.
>>
jesus fucking christ men, grow the fuck up already. its sad that there is probably more dudes over 20 in this thread than under 20
>>
>>68003097
I don't understand. Do you mean to imply we should be watching football and drinking beer with you?
>>
>>67997171
It did better than btfo v supercuck
>>
>>68003097
I was born in 1990. I grew up with the comics and cartoons. I enjoy seeing it come to life. What is wrong with that?

What do you do that is so much better than this?
>>
>>67999683
Uwotm8
>>
>>68002914
Agreed, I think people are ruining the movies for themselves a little too. They see a scene that could be referenced for future films and roll their eyes without realizing that it still has value right now even if it will come up later too. Then you get shit like how Marvel announced Civil War so now any negative interaction between Tony and Steve is thrown away as ads for that movie even though it'll be a perfectly fine scene all on its own.
>>
>>67997903
Ultron was lame though.
>>
why did ultron kidnap widdow?
why not just kill her?
why bring her to your castle?
>>
>>68003456
Because ego.
>>
>>68000584
I'd say Cross had kind of the opposite.

He started out a bit of a joke through most of the movie, then gets pretty fucking serious when his back's against the wall.

Even the joke scene he had as Yellowjacket, where he got smacked into that bug zapper, turned pretty serious at the end of it.

>that scream as the bug zapper shocks him back to consciousness
>>
>Ultron
>not shit

He wasn't a threatening villain at all. He was a quipy jobber. The trailers were very misleading.
>>
>>67997171
I don't think it was any one thing, but just the general mediocrity as a whole.
>>
>>68004926
Isn't it weird that "mediocre" somehow means "shit" to so many people?
>>
File: ohgoditsultron.jpg (70 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
ohgoditsultron.jpg
70 KB, 600x387
>>67997171
First of all these movies only survive on the hype generated by the previous movies. This movie had a shit ton of hype going into because of the quality of the Phase 2 movies (Iron Man3, Thor: Dark World, and Cap: Winter Soldier). IM3 and Thor:DW were received poorly with Winter Soldier being almost as popular as the first Avengers. On top of that they were using one of the top 10 Marvel baddies and got James fucking Spader to play him (the dude knows dramatic dialogue). With the hype from Winter Soldier and the 3 trailers I think people were expecting something a little more hardcore.

Instead we got Ultron with moving lips and eyes and a very two dimensional character. The same shit did happen with Loki but I think Tom Hiddleston (and with all the character stuff referenced from Thor 1) was able to save the essence of the character. Spader sounded like Spader but (at least to me) always sounded like he was reading lines. The plot was cluttered with stupid shit that nobody cared about and was irrelevant to the story at hand (Hawkeye's family, Hulk Widow romance, the future visions). Avengers 1 had this too, though, so you can't really knock it for that.

The story of the twins was pretty stupid (quicksilver fucking dies somehow), underutilized, and just poorly explained overall ("he's fast and she's weird" -writer who was fired immediately).

I could go on.
>>
>>68005257
Then do.
>>
>>68005257
>a very two dimensional character
So Ultron?
>>
File: superiorultron.jpg (21 KB, 251x300) Image search: [Google]
superiorultron.jpg
21 KB, 251x300
>>68005386
Ultron's Oedipus complex and his other psycho shit wasn't really explained or capitalized on even though it's pretty much the only thing that sets him apart from other evil robot villains.

Ultron doesn't ever explain his plan nor his reasoning. The most we get is that "people need to evolve". Beyond that he goes from "people are dumb", to "I am going to literally wipe everyone out".

Pretty much every fight scene with Ultron was like 10 seconds long and was limited to lame punches and some laser beamz. Compare this to Avengers where the villain murders an entire SHIELD crew in the first 10 minutes, beats Cap, throws Tony out a window, drops Thor out a plan and stabs him.

then there's ultron who cuts of some rando's arm, makes Cap wince in pain, and chokeholds Thor. I think it's safe to say this all makes Ultron look not very strong, which would be okay if his plan had any sort of weight at all.

Don't get me wrong this movie gets way more hate than it deserves (seeing as it is a kid's movie), but I think it's fair to say the bar Marvel set with its previous films was not met in AoU.
>>
>>67997171
>thing is popular
I hate it because being a contrarian makes me feel smart.
>>
>>68005866
You know what? I agree with you on everything in this post.
>>
>>67997860
>"quips are bad" meme
Would you fuck off with this? One-liners are awesome in action movies. They're one of the best parts. Pretty much everyone loves when Schwarzenegger and James Bond and others make "quips" after they kill people.
>>
>>68006057
yeah, but that's why they're called "one-liners" not "every-liners"
>>
>>68006057
>Pretty much everyone loves when Schwarzenegger and James Bond and others make "quips" after they kill people.
Ahnold is so good at these.
>>
>>68000591
"I want that big Asgardian cock impregnate my tight little asian pussy"
>>
>>68006181
More like
>I want his Jormungand in my pit of Hel
>>
>>68006067
They don't one-line "every-line" in these Marvel films, though. There are many one-liners, but there are many one-liners in a Schwarzenegger movie, too. "Quips" is just a shitty, empty, meaningless meme. If you expect your criticism of these films to mean anything, you need to drop "quips" and fast.
>>
>>67997171
>establish Ultron has assimilated into the internet and essentially is the internet and cannot be killed physically
>they win by beating him up
???????????????
>>
>>68006242
>complaining about shitty, meaningless memes
nigga where do you think you are
i'll tell you, it's the worst fucking board on 4chan, why do i keep coming back here
>>
>>68006313
Such is the power of magic space rocks.
>>
>>68006313
bro, vision shuts him out of the internet when he meets him (I think that's why he faints). You probably didn't notice because it takes place in seconds and is never spoken of again.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.