[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, who did it better and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Man_of_Steel_Faora_and_Zod.jpg (255 KB, 1157x364) Image search: [Google]
Man_of_Steel_Faora_and_Zod.jpg
255 KB, 1157x364
So, who did it better and why?
>>
>>67996653
Man of Steel Zod did nothing wrong in the beginning of the film
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1996x3000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1996x3000
>>67996653
Right has Faora so they win
>>
>>67996653

I actually really like Zod from Man of Steel they really gave him the vibe of just doing what he was meant to do about him. I find that pretty awesome.
>>
I assume you mean who did Zod and his minions better. New version.

Better costumes design.
Michael Shannon is a better actor.
Flying looks better.
Better fights.

That said I don't really understand their goal in the new movie. I mean why would they want to terraform Earth when they are far more powerful now then they ever were back on Krypton.
>>
>>67996808
>I mean why would they want to terraform Earth when they are far more powerful now then they ever were back on Krypton.
They were stuck with their genetic and social programming. One of the point of the film was that only Kal-el had the power to choose.
>>
>>67996720
Came here to post this.
>>67996808
>Better fights.
Eh.
>>67996784
I liked him too.

I really wish he just hadn't been in MoS and it was just about supes searching for clues about his identity, and saving people from hurricanes--tornadoes would be completely off limits though.
>>
>>67996653
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD
>>
>>67996808
It was partially also a "fuck you" to jor-el and thus his son
>>
>>67996653
>Zod deciding who lives and who not deciding is bad
>yet they bred their people like work cattle
>>
>>67996653
Original because Stamp Zod is a classic badass and Ursa is my villainfu
>>
File: Huh.jpg (122 KB, 1279x1036) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
122 KB, 1279x1036
>>67998177
>this
I like Faora as much as anyone else here, but Ursa was so cute.
>>
>>67998007
no it wasn't... zod even shows regret for killing jor-el though he admits he would do it again if needed
>>
>>67996653
Both were good in my opinion.
>>
>>67996653
Zod and Faora were the only good things about the last hour and a half of MoS.
>>
>>67998368
Is that why he screams at Lara, or asks the Jor-el AI if he can feel pain since he's going to murder his son?
>>
>>67999788
he did that because of a naturally bombastic personality, not because he had any ill will towards the people he screamed at while trying to murder their families
>>
Antje Traue looks like a man.
>>
I hate Man of Steel, but I agree with everyone saying 'newer Zod and entourage'. Zod was pretty good, acting aside.

And Faora was the best thing about Man of Steel.
>>
>>67996653

Well original Zod was more like comic Zod and Shannon was just a better character. Maybe a mix of the two with Shannon going more batshit megalomaniac when he's the last evil Kryptonian
>>
>>67996653
Old Zod and his friends look like they're from a German Techno band.
>>
File: nichijou.jpg (76 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
nichijou.jpg
76 KB, 816x612
>>67996653
Why did Zod want to terraform Earth again? Oh that's right, because if he didn't then Kryptonian children would have to be momentarily inconvenienced before acquiring super powers.

Imagine if Darkseid attacked Earth and like 10% of the population was Supermans. Nobody would be able to fuck with Earth ever.

That's the one thing that really pisses me off about Man of Steel. Zod's a fucking retard. They should have just had him want to eliminate humanity so the Kryptonians could have the planet to themselves.
>>
>>68000113
>Why did Zod want to terraform Earth again?

Because it wasn't Krypton. Zod didn't care about powers if he could bring Krypton back. And besides the power comes from the sun so it wouldn't have stopped them
>>
File: GUILTY.png (284 KB, 1024x427) Image search: [Google]
GUILTY.png
284 KB, 1024x427
>>67996653

you're a stupid person
>>
>>68000791
Superman lost his powers when he boarded the Kryptonian ship because the atmospherics were Kryptonian. And Jor El mentions that Earth's atmosphere is more nourishing than Krypton's. And Zod gains his powers the moment he starts breathing Earth's air.

It's not just the sun.
>>
>>68001071
>Superman lost his powers when he boarded the Kryptonian ship because the atmospherics were Kryptonian

Because he wasn't used to Kryptonian atmospherics. Imagine living in the Mountains of Tibet all your life and then all of a sudden living in Detroit circa 1930. The Atmosphere would feel like it's killing you.

>And Jor El mentions that Earth's atmosphere is more nourishing than Krypton's.

He also says his cells will drink in the radiation of Earth's Yellow sun making him stronger than imaginable.

>And Zod gains his powers the moment he starts breathing Earth's air.

Zod was wearing an Environmental suit that filtered his atmosphere for him. He acquired his powers way before he started breathing Earth Atmosphere. Zod's Super senses went ape shit because his gooey helmet thing was suppressing his super senses.
>>
>>68001794
Dude are you just trying to be wrong? Because you have to be trying to fuck it up this hard.
>>
>>68001867
>Dude are you just trying to be wrong? Because you have to be trying to fuck it up this hard.

Prove it wrong faggot.
>>
This thread makes me realize MOS was a masterpiece and the superior movie to BVS
They need another solo Superman movie
>>
I got a bit emotional during one of Shannon's rants to Superman. None of the old Superman flicks gave me any sort of response. I watched them when I was young though. All I wanted to do was turn them off and pop in Batman Returns or Return of the Joker.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.