[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fuck? This wasn't half bad, it was sure as hell better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 29
The fuck? This wasn't half bad, it was sure as hell better than Avengers 2. Why are critics such hacks?
>>
No it wasn't and because this was pure and irredeemable garbage
>>
Capekino is hated by those who are not smart enough to understand it.
>>
File: bvs bingo.jpg (256 KB, 974x1104) Image search: [Google]
bvs bingo.jpg
256 KB, 974x1104
>it was sure as hell better than Avengers 2
Like clockwork. Every time, it's either "better than Avengers 2", "better than Jurassic World", or "better than TDK" when all 3 are objectively wrong.
>>
File: 0f290-statlerandwaldorf1.jpg (199 KB, 1207x795) Image search: [Google]
0f290-statlerandwaldorf1.jpg
199 KB, 1207x795
>>67989877
You're right, it was all bad
>>
>>67989877
It was shit. Avengers 2 was a jumbled mess but it was watchable. Only for thing about BvS is that I now have a Gal Gadot feet folder
>>
>>67989994
The action was good, RT is shit.

No bingo for me =[

Overall, I thought it was better than TFA and on par with Marvel cape shit.
>>
>>67989957
>>67989994
>>67989995
>no actual arguments
wew lads
No seriously, for a superhero movie, it does pretty much everything more or less right. This is the best live-action Batman we ever had btw, his scenes alone are amazing.
>>
>>67989988

Plotwise and thematically BvS is the work of a child and you literally have to be a child to think it's deep. It's completely didactic. There is no subtelety. Snyder puts in blatant symbolism AND LET'S THE FUCKING CHARACTERS EXPLAIN WHAT IT MEANS. That's not story telling. Stories leave room for interpetration and play out in their own world. BvS on the other hand can't be watched without every scene directly and blatantly translating to an allegory Snyder means to tell. It's literally "LOOK THERE'S MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL WITH A RED CAPE FIGHTING THE DEVIL. GET IT. BECAUSE SUPERMAN ALSO WEARS A RED CAPE AND FIGHTS THE DEVIL"

It's just a poor 3 hour long wankfest of Snyder getting of of his own hubris. There is nothing, NOTHING to talk about in this movie. The movie makes sure to let you know that it also translates it's symbolism and for even the slowest people has the characters monologuing explaining exactly what this movie is supposed to mean. That's why the movie sucks. That's why it's boring. It doesn't require any intelligence to view this movie. In fact it's the complete opposite. The movie is completely condescending about its themes and a complete insult to your intelligence. The only way to enjoy this movie is if you literally turn your brain off while watching it and then come out feeling smart simply for the fact for having watched it but not being able to realize that you didn't actually require to be smart to watch it.

Imagine a poet writing a poem and also releasing a 5 sheet interpetration of his poem explaining you exactly what he means with every single line and making absolutely clear that there is no other way to interpret his work. That's what BvS is.
>>
>>67990093
>no actual arguments
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/
Find them yourself. They've been listed literally hundreds of times. Lurk moar.
>>
>>67990131
>can't argue for himself
How embarrassing.
>>
>>67990159
>can't research for himself
Even more embarrassing.
>>
>>67990093

I don't see you list any arguments that prove why it's supposed to be good.
>>
MAN OF MURDER
BAT OF BUTCHER
WOMAN OF WIDOWING
AQUAMAN OF ONSLAUGHT
FLASH OF FLAYING
CYBORG OF CARNAGE
GREEN LANTERN OF GENOCIDE
>>
File: 02.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
02.png
1 MB, 1920x800
The film is too complex for the average movie goers.

The scattershot narrative structure that come together in the end.
The complex character motivations that are told not only through dialogue but acting and imagery.
The imagery that is meant to fool the audience to think like the characters in the movie when the point is to desconstruct said mentality.
The lack of quips.

Too damn complex, mang.
>>
It was good for a capeshit movie
>>
>>67990181
Research what? Autistic 4channarian opinions? No thanks familia.
>>
>>67990093
I just wanted to post statler and waldorf desu
>>
>>67990219
Then read any of the hundreds of critics' reviews that tell you the problems with the movie.

Or read the thousands of user reviews that tell you.

Or fuck off if you are so stubborn that you refuse to listen to anyone else.
>>
>>67990127

That pasta says that, but it's clear that the pasta itself didn't understood the movie's themes.

And yes, i'm talking with a pasta.
>>
>>67990187
Bruce Wayne was good
Batman was good (costume, voice, action)
Armored Batman was good
Alfred was good
Superman was good

Just because Lex and Doomsday are weak doesn't make it a full-blown shit movie, jesus I hate band-wagoners.
>>
>>67990266
>Blindly agreeing with critics

ISHYGDDT

not the same anon btw
>>
>>67990290

>Deconstruct movie and explain why it sucks
>Lol you just don't understand it's too complex for you xd

If you keep creating the same thread post the same false claims over and over again you also will always get the same arguments why you're opinion is bullshit
>>
>>67990323

>Superman was good

No. Not even remotely. Batman was good that's true. And pretty much every critic agrees with that. But he wasn't good enough to save this shitpile
>>
File: 1459062576052.jpg (119 KB, 1344x727) Image search: [Google]
1459062576052.jpg
119 KB, 1344x727
>>67990266

The reviews are stupider than the channer posts.
>>
>>67990352
>he thinks it's one guy
>>
>>67989994
Is there a Star Wars version?
>>
>>67990384
What the hell were you expecting from Superman? What needed to be done differently for you to say that it's a good Superman? Specifically.
>>
>>67990400

Where did I say that?
>>
>>67990352

Because this:

>BvS on the other hand can't be watched without every scene directly and blatantly translating to an allegory Snyder means to tell. It's literally "LOOK THERE'S MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL WITH A RED CAPE FIGHTING THE DEVIL. GET IT. BECAUSE SUPERMAN ALSO WEARS A RED CAPE AND FIGHTS THE DEVIL"

The point is not that Superman is divine. Lex Luthor certainly treats him that way and tries to make his every conviction into something literal, but he's wrong. The imagery is there to make you think like Luthor, but the movie points out several times that Superman is just a man carrying the burden of Luthor and the audience that were fooled by the movie's imagery viewpoints.
>>
>>67990436
I was expectimg to see Superman.
I didn't.
>>
>>67990436

Specifically? Have him have actual dialogue for one. In the movie Superman felt like some dude just randomly appearing, throwing in a one liner and then just fuck off. And the only instances when he talks are either embarassing as fuck (like when he goes bathing with his clothes on) or he has the emotional depth of a pre-teen listening to My Chemical Romance and crying his balls out on the shoulder of his Mom/dad/girlfriend.

Show him actually save people and what he thinks or what he feels when does it. This Superman is just a bland machine that executes what the story tells him to do. He isn't even a real character.
Shit just a simple scene like him comforting the girl while he saves her from the burning building would be enough to give him at least SOME personality. But nope. Gotta go for shitty mute symbolism scenes as if they had any meaning when in fact they only feel heavy handed and awkward
>>
>>67990671
You're just rambling then, got it.
>>
>>67990719

>Show him actually save people and what he thinks or what he feels when does it. This Superman is just a bland machine that executes what the story tells him to do. He isn't even a real character.

He saved people and you could see what he thought through the interactions between Lois and his mom, and his acting in the scenes he was in.

>Shit just a simple scene like him comforting the girl while he saves her from the burning building would be enough to give him at least SOME personality. But nope. Gotta go for shitty mute symbolism scenes as if they had any meaning when in fact they only feel heavy handed and awkward

He smile when he saved the girl, but then the people surrounded him treating him like a deity and you could see that he became troubled by this.

You're fucking dumb, m8
>>
>>67990671
>muh superman
It's a different interpretation with a hard scifi and mythological edge. Deal with it. Im so fucking tired of flat saturday morning cartoon bullshit like marvel and the edgy tdk bullshit you autistic fucks drool over.

Face it. Snyder elevated the superhero mythologies to shakespearean levels. Capekino 4ever, bitch.
>>
File: marvel.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>67989957
>>67989994
>>67989995
>>
The thing I hated most about the movie was having Luthor kidnap Superman's mom when the two were going to go at it anyway. Superman specifically tells him he'll slap his shit if he shows up to the Bat Signal again. Maybe Luthor didn't realize it or I'm missing something there. My other smaller complaint is the cobbled together Doomsday but I guess they didn't have too many easy ways to introduce him.
>>
>>67990127
this is some half assed copy pasta
>>
>>67990645

Yeah I've seen apologists spin it like that.

Yet you still have
>Superman literally going up Gethsemane mountain and talking to his father asking him what the right thing to do is before he goes and sacrifices himself in the fight against the "ultimate sin" of humanity (the kryptionian shit even literally called it that) and the devil and inspires Batman to gather his apostles to form the Christianity league to faithfully await the return of their savior. Oh yeah Superman resurrects btw. He's not a human and if you thought that was theme the movie was going for you're just a self deluding retard searching for depth where there is none.
>>
>>67991039

You can see that the two don't like each other, but that they were sitting on all that hate just working but not really working on slapping each other. Luthor needed to push them into it.
>>
File: 1458755399324.gif (1 MB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1458755399324.gif
1 MB, 500x454
>>67990093
>build up to a fight
>advertise the fight
>the movie is named after the fight
>7 minutes long

>batman develops real reasons on why to stop superman
>movie is creating suspense based on people worshiping superman and if superman is operating within the laws of man or in his own self interests
>batman has a dream where Superman is treated as a literal god in a post-apocalyptic world
>says to alfred if there is even a 1% chance he could go rogue, he must be stopped
>is about to kill superman
>MARTHA
>oh, because our moms have the same name, let me toss out those legitimate arguments not founded on purely emotion and not kill you

Plot hole:
>Superman is across the world
>hears Louis scream
>saves her in seconds
>Lex kidnaps his mom
>superman doesn't hear that

and then
>DING DING DING DING DING DING

Everything about it was trash except for the first half before the fight because it actually had a plot, suspense, tension, buildup, and structure as a movie

If you like BvS, you are a total pleb who is easily entertained by action OR are a hipster who just wants to feel special and go against the flow
>>
File: Kingdom Come 001-044.jpg (2 MB, 2438x3675) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Come 001-044.jpg
2 MB, 2438x3675
>>67990206
The movie was dogshit, made mildly entertaining by Kingdom Come warning you this movie would be made
>>
>>67990899

He saved people but it's never actually shown. You only see him right before the act or right after it but you don't actually see the very act of Superman saving anyone. As if showing it was a taboo or as if it would ruin his cold deity savior appearance. There is no single human moment of Superman in the film (except MARTHAAA), he's just a cold alien hailed as a God. You might interpret shit about his cold alien expression, but the reality is even Clark himself hails himself as the savior as he writes about himself in the newspaper all the time
>>
>>67991057

>Yeah I've seen apologists spin it like that.

Holy shit, dude.

>Superman literally going up Gethsemane mountain and talking to his father asking him what the right thing to do is before he goes and sacrifices himself in the fight against the "ultimate sin" of humanity (the kryptionian shit even literally called it that) and the devil

In that scene Superman was wrecked by guilt, HIS OWN GUILT, and Pa's message to him was that he simple can't control things. You can do good here and something bad will happen elsewhere because of it, and that's just how it is. The ultimate sin he was talking about was his.
>>
The Mouse doesn't even pay us as well as WB!
>>
>>67991138
I didn't hate the movie, borderline liked it (better than TFA) and this is very accurate familia
>>
>>67991220

No the ultimate sin was Lex literally being greedy about the forbidden knowledge that let's him create an abomination. The fucking ship itself calls it a sin. And that's what Superman fights and sacrifices himself against to reverse that sin and literally save everybody.
>>
>>67991138

>batman develops real reasons on why to stop superman
>movie is creating suspense based on people worshiping superman and if superman is operating within the laws of man or in his own self interests
>batman has a dream where Superman is treated as a literal god in a post-apocalyptic world
>says to alfred if there is even a 1% chance he could go rogue, he must be stopped
>is about to kill superman
>MARTHA
>oh, because our moms have the same name, let me toss out those legitimate arguments not founded on purely emotion and not kill you

Batman was projecting his own failings on Superman. It wasn't about Superman at all. It was about himself. When he went for the kill he started to see Superman as his dad and he as his parents killers. It was all about his own issues.

You guys are just fucking way too dumb. They even showed the flashback twice. Good god.

>Superman is across the world
>hears Louis scream
>saves her in seconds
>Lex kidnaps his mom
>superman doesn't hear that

Superman has to know where to look for and be close. Superman was keeping tabs on Lois when she was in Africa. THE MOVIE TELLS YOU THIS.
Lois screamed when Lex threw her down and he was in Gotham, which is close, but Martha was gag'd.
>>
>>67991045

>No arguments
>>
>>67991184

>He saved people but it's never actually shown. You only see him right before the act or right after it but you don't actually see the very act of Superman saving anyone. As if showing it was a taboo or as if it would ruin his cold deity savior appearance. There is no single human moment of Superman in the film (except MARTHAAA), he's just a cold alien hailed as a God. You might interpret shit about his cold alien expression, but the reality is even Clark himself hails himself as the savior as he writes about himself in the newspaper all the time

The movie point is that everybody is treating Superman as a deity or as the answer to their problems/issues, but that he's just a guy and is troubled by that and the responsibility and problems that entails.
>>
>>67991345
>Batman was projecting his own failings on Superman.
ah, must be why everyone other than just batman has literally the same sentiments

>protesters hating him
>media commenting on him being worshiped
batman was just one among many many others who believed superman had to be stopped.

>You guys are just fucking way too dumb.
this is my favorite of BvS fans. They always play off genuine criticism as the movie just being 2deep4u

hilarious
>>
>>67991338
>being greedy about the forbidden knowledge
That never happened though, Joker Jr. didn't give a rats ass about the Kryptonian knowledge he just wanted to kill Superman by any and all means because his dad locked him into a closet
>>
>>67991446

>ah, must be why everyone other than just batman has literally the same sentiments

NOT THE SAME, BUT YES, BECAUSE THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT. People are projecting their shit unto Superman. Batman, Lex and so on.
>>
File: thor.png (982 KB, 576x1023) Image search: [Google]
thor.png
982 KB, 576x1023
>>67991376
sorry. let marvel reign supreme
>>
Watching 4chanians of the galaxy

Who are these characters? too many introduced! can't follow

His mother is dying...HERE SON HAVE DADROCK LMAO

a raccoon knows who jackson pollock is

TOO MANY CHARACTERS WHATS GOING ON

What exactly is the bad guys plan? I couldn't follow

Who is this giant purple guy floating in space??

One point they are in space jail? Then a space flea market in a giant head?? IT JUMPS AROUND TOO MUCH

DANCE OFF!??!! WTF

music is terrible

sometimes someone is talking and the scene cuts to another person?? NICE EDITING WHATS GOING ON!!!!

Was his dead mom a dream? A DREAM?!?! OR A GHOST WHAT THE HELL

who is that talking duck??? I DONT GET IT

They were kind of scum bags but then became heroes?!WHY NICE MOTIVATION

Repeats the same "aliens don't get human jokes" joke

DUDE A DANCING TREE LMAO

Nice quips

why would the cassette still work if he listened to it all those times over the years?? IT SHOULD BE WORN OUT!!!!!

Why is stan lee in space?? WAY TO DROP THE BALL AND NOT EXPLAIN THAT
>>
This movie has taught me that good movies literally are too deep for /tv/
>>
>>67991490
>people are projecting

Now this is a new excuse I haven't heard before. Makes literally no sense as well.

How many here actually think this aside from this filthy rag-wearing plebeian?
>>
>>67989877
You are right, it wasn't half bad, it was full blown disgusting trash. I left the cinema and literally haven't returned to it since I dropped that film like I dropped your mother.
>>
>>67991138
Pretty much this. The symbolism and half the plot points go nowhere, and everything goes to shit after the hearing.

Two other big problems is that lexs bullet is one of the most pointless sub plots ever, and the entire idea of framing him with bullets and a bomb. Especially since everyone immediately finds out from the news that it was a bomb attached to a lexcorps wheelchair, that every single plot relevant character manages to avoid for the rest of the movie despite half of them actually working for the news and everyone getting all their info off the tv up until that point.
>>
>>67991524

But that's the motherfucking point.

Batman projected his failings on Superman. If he failed as Batman why then wouldn't Superman? If Superman falls from grace then we're talking about end of the world scenario.

Lex Luthor's projecting his childhood issues and convictions on Superman. If God failed to save him from having his butt raped, then how can Superman be good?

And so on.
>>
>>67991409

Why do you think he's troubled? Because he is expression- and emotionless?
And why not show the reason why he saves people then? Show him save the people, show the people he saves real and personal gratitude, or actually have the peope Superman saves interact with Superman AT ALL and then and ONLY then you can show that while he helps people because he wants to he has trouble with dealing that people expect too much of him. But as the movie presents him he just looks like a guy who doesn't even give a shit about anybody and is just guilt tripped into saving people and annoyed by that.
>>
>>67991492

>muh Marvel Boogeyman

Pretty fucking pathetic
>>
>>67991688

They showed all of that through the montage where's saving people with everyone and the imagery itself treats him as holy while he looks displeased and then there the audio with all the talking-heads discussing his impact and intentions.
>>
People who think BvS is trash
>the movie had various and numerous problems here's why

DCucks
>OMG It's just too deep for you you're just to dumb to get at least it's not Marvel

Literally every single BvS thread.
>>
>>67991636
People's issue with supes wasnt a projection of their failings or tragic past. It was the fact that they were afraid of what this man was capable of. That's not a projection. In fact, the movie's premise is how would people deal with a literal god and the political matters behind it. Ironically they didn't even bother focusing on this, they just blew up the court and never discussed it.
>>
>>67991138
I guess none of the Rocky movies were good since they advertise a big fight and it only lasts 7 to 8 min?

Lois was supposed to make lots of noise, hence the scream.

Martha made no noise, because it was supposed to be a secret.

Stay mad quipcuck
>>
>>67991872
It was funny at first but now it's sad. The defense presented by fans and wb changes so often.
>>
>>67991903

>Ironically they didn't even bother focusing on this, they just blew up the court and never discussed it.

There are aspects of it in the end too, and what was Batman and Lex? Aren't they human?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-26-21h43m08s112.png (139 KB, 576x272) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-26-21h43m08s112.png
139 KB, 576x272
>>67989877
>>
>>67991013
>>67989877
>>
It wasn't half bad.

It was full bad.
>>
File: drive.jpg (8 KB, 238x279) Image search: [Google]
drive.jpg
8 KB, 238x279
>>67991015
2deep4me
>>
File: Untitled.webm (3 MB, 688x384) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.webm
3 MB, 688x384
>>
>>67991903
That was Lex purposefully denying Superman his chance to formally engage in a dialogue with humanity. How did you not get that?
>>
>>67989877

with your pick, if you put leto's spray painting "joker" above and "here" below it could be another viral campaign
>>
File: just.jpg.png (143 KB, 448x319) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg.png
143 KB, 448x319
daily reminder

>but muh global...
that's even worse
>>
File: BvS.jpg (74 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
BvS.jpg
74 KB, 640x320
like so
>>
>>67992495
>>That was Lex purposefully denying Superman his chance to formally engage in a dialogue with humanity. How did you not get that?
I get that, you don't get what i am talking about. They should have let the court happen or have someone who supes will convey his thoughts with about the matter at hand and not a shitty flashback. As i said the movie's premise is supes and his god status. We understood why batman, lex and people are against superman, what are superman's thought on this? Are you seriously going to deny that they obviously preferred to build up batman (because they had to) and their justice league project and sacrificed some key dialog to achieve this? Because imho if they made a Batman movie prior to BvS and didn't bother with Justice league this movie would have been way better.
>>
>>67989877
It definitely had its problems, but yeah, it gets way more hate than it deserves.

I've seen so many critics going after this movie over shit that they were literally just too stupid or too lazy to understand. I don't mean that in a poncy 2deep4u way. I mean shit like they couldn't figure out why Luthor hated Superman. Despite the fact that he spells it out multiple times over the course of the movie.
>>
>>67993236

Everybody gets why Lex hates Superman. His actions just make no sense and his plans are retarded
>>
I just got back from watching it. Literally do not understand how people can shit on it so bad when there are multiple movies of the same quality that are rated higher or considered "better".

About 2/3 of movie is fucking solid. It flows well, it's shot well, some of the scenes look beautiful and are poignant thematically (the scene of Superman saving multiple people all over the world, Superman nearly crying after the explosion, Bruce's single piece of monologue after the opening scene), but then... it starts falling apart near the fight between the two protagonists. It teeters between being a serious drama and a "superhero movie" and it's great up until that point, but once it wholly enters the realm of capeshit it falls completely flat.

I've come to realize that the tone does not and will not (ever) fit these characters. Audiences do not engage with the movie on any meaningful level. Formulaic marvel movies have become too symbolic and too ingrained in pop-culture, so people just want "fun" movies that do not take themselves too seriously.
>>
>>67993320
His plans are literally genius-tier.
>>
>>67993601

They literally are retard tier
>>
>>67989877
>better than Avengers 2.
Nah famalama, Avengers 2 only fault was Ultron, but having a silly/inept villain is a Marvel siganture so far.

If you watch the plot, characters, FX, etc.... everything was better overall han BvS, I agree there are some great parts and shots in BvS, mainly the intro and the Batman fight scenes, bt 2 or 3 good scnes can't make a good movie.
>>
>>67993801
He would have killed batman+super combined if it wasn't for wonderwoman. he's like goku x100
>>
File: CFAfpXKUIAAeawb.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CFAfpXKUIAAeawb.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
>>67990323
"Yo, you like my mixtape, senpai?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's good."
>>
>>67991184
>He saved people but it's never actually shown
stopped right there

except we did
>>
>>67991184
Three hour movie and Superman's goodness is IMPLIED?
>>
>>67991727
see>>67991013
>>
>>67993874
And then everyone else would've died or had to accept their stronger than the previous god, doomsday. Lex had no kryptonite to kill it and had no idea where batman had his, and I doubt doomsday would wait patiently for a new rock to be shipped.

Speaking of kryptonite, his plan involving using it against superman was retarded cause he just expects a random senator to roll with it, even though he was going to do it illegally anyway. No it's not about looking good, cause if he cared about that he wouldn't have fucking bombs and bullets with his name on them.

And batman taking it wasn't part of the plan, cause if it was he would've let him have it at the docks, and wouldn't be shocked that it was gone at his lab.

Even making superman fight batman was dumb cause he didn't know who would win while he prepared doomsday, and didn't even plan on the teaming up or getting other meta humans involved.
>>
Superman had no motivations in the movie. Why does he say "The Bat is dead"? Why does he hate him? Shit movie.
>>
>>67994274
They cut out his scene where he interviews people who Batman beats the shit out of.
>>
>>67993456
>It flows well,
Shill.
>>
File: original.jpg (64 KB, 660x491) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
64 KB, 660x491
>>67989877
>it's a "yet another damage control thread by the same fucking retard all day err day" thread
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>67994215
Lex has extensive files on meta humans. He made sure to invite Wonderwoman knowing well who she is.

There were probably enough metas to stop DD if supes+bat failed to kill it, metropolis be damned.
>>
>>67989877
When looking at the two films technically, Avengers 2 is just more competently made. It's not even close.
>>
>>67990323
This movie could have been great and you can see it if only WB as a whole would have taken the time to build up superman and batman as individuals and then did a movie together with the two of them. I hate this version of Superman but I would have actually have loved to seen a batman vs superman closer to the dark knight returns story line with batman being pushed too far after years of giving everything to protect gotham and superman being sent put him down.
>>
>>67991138

I agree with you on everything except how the first half was good, because that was also filled with nonsense.
>>
File: damaged.png (97 KB, 735x608) Image search: [Google]
damaged.png
97 KB, 735x608
>>67991138
S-stupid quipcuck
>>
File: dancing-girl.jpg (77 KB, 621x1170) Image search: [Google]
dancing-girl.jpg
77 KB, 621x1170
Maybe a better director could have pulled it off.

No real point to doomsday, rushed and contrived.

Wonder Woman hammered in at last second.

Batman and Sups fight then figure out it was lex , team up save the day...would have been a decent movie.

Then follow up 3rd movie is doomsday-AND I DUNNO MAYBE HE COULDHAVE SOME LINES- and maybe u have wonder woman help etc.

This movie has too many flavors. It's ketchup and ranch dressing put together. It's 3 different Ice creams melted at the bottom of a bowl, it's a mess and frankly DC fans deserve better.

DC fans at least deserve to have their stories told right, not rushed and smashed into a tiny window so Warner can grab that early summer cash.
>>
Cause "muh critics are paid boogeyman"
>>
File: 1458325794248.jpg (55 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
1458325794248.jpg
55 KB, 692x577
>>67993874
>he's like goku x100
>like naruto x1000
>like yugioh x500 + 100 blue eyed dragons
>like 10 pikachus in a metal box
>>
File: scott hall this.jpg (16 KB, 215x193) Image search: [Google]
scott hall this.jpg
16 KB, 215x193
>>67991138
winrar
>>
File: gobby.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
gobby.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1040
I think Age of Quiptron is technically better as a movie but despite BvS being terrible I enjoyed it way more. AoU just felt so fucking boring and generic, thank god Joss Whedon got fired.
>>
>/tv/ goes on constant rants about capeshit and plebs
>70% of the threads on /tv/ are marvel vs dc, general capeshit, star wars and the walking dead
wew
>>
>>67989877
Does anyone have an HD online stream for this movie?
>>
>>67991138
wow you earned this (you)
>>
>>67990073
def better than TFA
last time I was that disappointed in a franchise was when I bought FFXIII day one
>>
>>67995167
I think it's because every aspect of AoU was phoned in, like you could feel Joss not giving a shit, you could see each actor being tired, and then everything wrong with BvS is wrong in AoU, but i think BvS gets shit on more for being darkers and edgy. At least in BvS it seemed like everyone gave it 100% but the studio forced a shit ton more in
>>
>>67990266
but the critics liked TFA and that was literally a remake of ANH with a little EU mixed in
>>
File: 1458134593447.png (46 KB, 960x620) Image search: [Google]
1458134593447.png
46 KB, 960x620
>>67992378
>avengers and gotg higher than winter soldier
>iron man 3 not being utter irredeemable shit
>>
I thought the ending cgi was bad
Up until that point, I literally stopped at one point to wonder how the movie managed to stay so good for so long.
It was so much god damn fun
>>
>>67995381
I certainly do not feel like eisenberg and wonder woman gave 100%, eisenberg gave one of the worst performances I have ever seen outside of The Room
>>
File: 1457122330113.png (674 KB, 634x495) Image search: [Google]
1457122330113.png
674 KB, 634x495
>convince me
>proof your arguments
>emotional opinion
>convert me if your god is so strong
>>
File: 1458726303070.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1458726303070.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67991013
>>
File: nzuzqdefpdprf8qktm24.jpg (31 KB, 800x339) Image search: [Google]
nzuzqdefpdprf8qktm24.jpg
31 KB, 800x339
>>67989877
>She with you?
>>
>>67989877
That just means that Avengers 2 needed to be much lower.

BvS was a huge pile of shit. Just because it included babby's first themes doesn't mean they were done well.
>>
>>67995443
Hey, there was real passion there.
Don't insult Tommy again.
>>
File: 1459914287261.jpg (651 KB, 1332x2048) Image search: [Google]
1459914287261.jpg
651 KB, 1332x2048
>>
>>67995381
It got shit on more because it was supposed to kickstart a franchise and gave a godawful first impression.

The fact that it was on par with how bad Avengers 2 was right out of the fucking gate virtually destroyed it.

Film franchises typically decline in quality over time. If it starts out for shit, how bad will its sequels be?
>>
>>67995443
his character was written poorly, he definitely gave 100.
WW gave is about 90
>>
>>67990352
>Deconstruct
Uh-oh
>>
>>67991138
>>the movie is named after the fight
>retard who thinks the v stands for vs
>>
>>67989877
I agree, I enjoyed it. It's deserves at most 70% and at least 45%. When I discovered it's actually at 29 I threw up in my mouth a little.
>>
>>67999182
>Batman vibrates Superman
>>
>>67999182
>Batman violates Superman
>>
>>67990219
>autistic 4channarian opinions
So why did you come here, Reddit?
>>
Very glad Snyder's career is dead.
He's probably the only director who could make a Batman and Superman movie and have it rate THIS low and make money comparable to Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
How did Lois know to retrieve the glowy green spear? She hadn't seen the ogre, and had no knowledge of the fact it was kryptonian
>>
>>67999182
>batman voted superman
>>
>>67999553
His career isn't dead yet. He's still working on wonder woman and justice league. Chances are though he's out once they're both done.
>>
The movie was bad. Sure I'm not arguing that.

However the Avengers movies are god fucking awful. Really bad.

Knowing that all superhero movies have plot holes a million miles wide, I stopped caring and I actually enjoyed Batman v Superman. I even enjoyed it more then The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
>>67990201
>WOMAN OF WIDOWING
>AQUAMAN OF ONSLAUGHT
Those two are accurate though. Aquaman and WW fuck shit up routinely.
>>
>>67991138
No, it's because Clark showed his human side. Bruce had viewed him as a destructive alien God, he didn't even begin to think they could be similar.

>Plot hole (not knowing his Mum was kidnapped)
They say in MoS that he turns his super hearing off to deal with day to day life.

>DING DING DING DING DING DING
mother boxes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWMc-EdDRY
enjoyed this more than the movie
>>
>>67993807
>If you watch the plot, characters, FX, etc.... everything was better overall han BvS
lol. Oh no, we created an evil robot. Let's do the exact same steps and hope we create a not!evil robot to clean up our mess. <insert quip>

5/10, didn't even have a dance off.
>>
>>67995058
>No real point to doomsday, rushed and contrived.
It's to do with the "all good" OR "all powerful" dichotomy. This is why Lex sets up two foes for superman to fight
>Wonder Woman hammered in at last second.
She was part of the movie throughout
>Batman and Sups fight then figure out it was lex , team up save the day...would have been a decent movie.
That's exactly what happened.
>Then follow up 3rd movie is doomsday-AND I DUNNO MAYBE HE COULDHAVE SOME LINES- and maybe u have wonder woman help etc.
Doomsday doesn't have enough depth to have his own movie, what would you expect him to say?
>This movie has too many flavors. It's ketchup and ranch dressing put together. It's 3 different Ice creams melted at the bottom of a bowl, it's a mess and frankly DC fans deserve better.
This is drivel
>DC fans at least deserve to have their stories told right, not rushed and smashed into a tiny window so Warner can grab that early summer cash.
Stop projecting.
>>
>>67989877
i won't even watch the movie until a bluray torrent comes in 3-4 months

but, judging by only the retarded critiques against it, I'd guess is actually a decent, fun, actioner
>>
>it's a movie with vs in the title about two characters that people want to see mindlessly fight
>even though every single movie of this nature has 95% of the movie filled with bullshit only to end in a half assed fight where neither side wins or loses
>despite that being the entire premise of a vs movie
>it's too deep for you
I wish every one of you mother fuckers has your tongue ripped from your mouths and surgically relocated up your ass because you have shit taste.
>>
>>68001368
The critics all harp on about the same things. Editing and pacing. Then smash 70% off the RT score because of that.

It's a good movie in spite of the odd way it's put together.
>>
>>68000977
>This is why Lex sets up two foes for superman to fight
How did he magically know that he would get unlimited and unchecked access to both the Kryptonian ship and Zod's body and that the internals would be working well enough to allow him to create a giant retarded monster?
What made him think the monster would even want to fight Superman?
He had to have planned this out or else he would have no plan, since it was already established he sabotaged Lt. Dan's disability checks and staged the incident in the country of Africa.

>She was part of the movie throughout
>has no clear motivation or direction in final fight
I think people confuse the fact that Snyder didn't try to do anything with her so he didn't really mess anything up like he does in the rest of the film.

>That's exactly what happened.
Superman goes into the fight knowing full and well it's only a plot by Lex. This is worsened by the fact that Superman let Lex just fly away in a helicopter when he could have picked him up and brought him to Batman to explain shit.
This also apparently happens over the course of months, but luckily Batman is done prepping right as the Doomsday is ready to come out of the Easy Bake oven and Superman is far enough away he can't hear Lois and Martha getting kidnapped but just close enough to hear Lois plummeting to her death.

>what would you expect him to say?
NARRRGHHH!

>This is drivel
The movie had 4 different main characters and plots going through and dropped one of them completely
It also had 3 different side character plots going on, all of which went nowhere
>Oh no, the Senate blew up and only Superman survived. Probably be best if we just never bring this up again

>Stop projecting
The fans cried out to the screen and demanded a real Batman and Superman movie
>>
>>68001460
>It's a good movie in spite of the odd way it's put together.

except that's wrong
>>
Just came by to say that I liked it and that you guys should stop arguing. Neither of you is going to convince the other side that they are wrong.

PEACE
>>
>>68002089
>Neither of you is going to convince the other side
>You're both too stubborn
>Now listen to me and do what I say
>>
If Batman is totally fine killing a whole bunch of people then why is the Joker still a thing? Like why is he in suicide squad? Why didn't Batman waste that psychopaths a long time ago?
>>
Copying and pasting from other thread...

Different poster but my thoughts copied and pasted from another thread:

Speaking only for myself, BvS had a disgusting script, and the editing was also atrocious. These two were the biggest factors for me.
Notice Lex asking for permission to access the Kryptonian ship. He is wearing a polo shirt, some light blue suit with black-and-red sneakers. He enters, does his thing.
Roughly half an hour later, after the guy giving him access has been blown up and after he has the meeting at his home with the Senator, and after the explosion,, and after another dinner party, all of which had costume changes, he returns to the Kryptonian ship days later. The instant he enters the ship, he is back in the suit/polo/sneakers combo.

This is horrible. Clearly someone felt the Doomsday plot needed to be spaced out across the film a little better, so they just cut a scene in half and stuck the latter half elsewhere without regard for continuity or consequence. Now, this is both an issue with the script and the editing. It should've been rectified in the writing stage and when it wasn't, it shouldn't have been Frankensteined in the editing.

Another issue with the writing is Wonder Woman being added to the film as an afterthought. She has dialogue with Bruce, and only Bruce. Not one line is uttered to a single character except for him, because someone's sole job was to integrate her into the script and did so only by having her meet him at a couple of parties before appearing at the end.

And the editing was bad not just in terms of continuity but also in terms of pacing. This is actually the sequence of events that occurs partway through the movie:
(to be put in another post because of length)
>>
>>68002338

This is actually the sequence of events that occurs partway through the movie:
>Luthor tells Superman that if he flies anywhere except to Batman, Martha will die
>Superman agrees to fight Batman
>Superman flies to Lois and tells her he is going to fight Batman
>Lois gets in a taxi to the Daily Planet
>We see Martha in a warehouse
>Lois arrives at Daily Planet and gains permission to use a helicopter
>Wonder Woman sits at home and gets an email from Batman, watches clips of Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman
>Superman arrives at Batman's location

What the fuck is that shit? Disgusting effort, cutting that shit together.

See, the complaints about tone, and theme, and muh-Batman-shouldn't-kill, I agree are unfounded. Childish nonsense. But the movie itself is so poorly constructed, both preproduction and postproduction that you simply cannot reasonably call it a well-made movie with a straight face. Cool story? Sure, maybe. Cool concepts? Certainly. But a good movie? Fucking ridiculous.

3/10 movie. It is bad.
>>
>>67989994
You need to stick the blu-ray excuse in there.
>It doesn't matter if ithe actual theatrical release was a bad movie because the blu-ray edition will be good and that somehow counts or something
>>
>>68002364
nobody expects """art""" in a blockbuster, learn to manage your expectations

is it an entertaining movie? is it cool? is wonder woman a top qt? THOSE are the urgent questions.
>>
>>68002457
And that's fine, but you don't just give it points out of 10 because you didn't expect it to be good.

Would I recommend seeing it? Of course. It's Batman and Superman in a movie together. But that doesn't automatically give it a 10/10 rating.

It's really, really badly made, and I was under the impression that this is what we're discussing here.
>>
File: Kino.jpg (83 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
Kino.jpg
83 KB, 640x326
>>68002457
>not asking the most important question
is it kino?
>>
>>68002457
>learn to manage your expectations
disappointing =/= bad
i expected it to be shit and it was. no disappointment just a shit movie
>>
>>67999365
>>67999408
>>67999823
It stands for &, idiots.
>>
File: e45.png (1 MB, 680x499) Image search: [Google]
e45.png
1 MB, 680x499
>>68002457
He's not talking abgout "art" you dumb fuck, It's basic storytelling, pure logic.
>>
>>68002554
if you watch 2001 expecting Aliens 3, you'll be dissapointed.
>>
>>67989994
Avengers 2 was fucking awful. I haven't seen BVS yet but I'm sure the visuals alone make it better than that fucking dribble.
>>
>>68002641
>>68002457
>If you're expecting it to be good and you find it to be bad, then you shouldn't have expected it to be good.
>If you're expecting it to be bad and you find it bad, then you shouldn't have expected it to be bad.
You're actually quite stupid.
>>
>>68002338

What's the problem with Lex's clothes? Dude can't wear the same clothes different days?
And what's the problem with Wonder Woman not speaking with other characters? She knows Batman. She doesn't know Superman or Lois or Martha. Why would she, a stranger, chat with Lois and Martha during Superman's funeral?

>>68002364

Superman took his time flying and thinking about shit?
>>
>>68002846
I don't really know if these are serious replies so I'm gonna just give you a (you).
>>
>>68002714
>2001 is bad
wew lad
>>
>>68002882
Not really what I was getting at.
>>
>>68002876

Yes, it is. I get that the Lex thing is an continuity error, but so what? How many continuity errors are there in movies that get a pass?

And Superman taking a few good minutes to reach Batman isn't that big a deal, specially when he's torn about having to kill the guy.
>>
>>68002684
>make it better than that fucking dribble
>graphics make the movie
No, they fucking don't. Movies are a story compressed into 90-180 minutes.
The most important part to telling a story in that time isn't how flashy it looks, but how well the characters and plot are developed.
Look at Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within.
BvS has a main villain who is literally behind every major event in the movie from the start until the finish. But he is so poorly fleshed out that his plans and goals are never really established. When anything in the plot happens and it's revealed to be him it can be waved away with "all according to kino"
>note: kino means plan
This isn't just a fucking problem because it's BvS and all the critics are paid off by Disney or whatever people are clinging to in order to shuffle off any blame from the movie.
James Bond: Skyfall had a villain with the exact same problem. Planned shit out years in advance that required him knowing the exact location he would be held in confinement, that nobody would notice his work to make an escape tunnel, and memorizing the damn train schedule, all to murder someone in an emergency meeting he just guessed would be called within train distance from where he was.
That is not good or clever writing.
Good writing is the cheapest shit you can do for a movie and the easiest to fix.
But fucking hacks think that flashy lights and Jesus symbolism will fill in any problems with the script instead of realizing you can add that shit in AFTER fixing the fucking script.
>>
>>68002926
>Yes, it is. I get that the Lex thing is an continuity error, but so what? How many continuity errors are there in movies that get a pass?
None, from me. At least none that glaring and noticeable.

>And Superman taking a few good minutes to reach Batman isn't that big a deal, specially when he's torn about having to kill the guy.
It is when his mother has less than an hour to live.

He also flew in a direction other than to Batman, despite Luthor claiming that if he did so then his mother would die. I guess Superman didn't care and Lex Luthor didn't bother to check?

And even taking retarded character motivations out of it, was while Superman was en route to Batman really the best time to insert a scene of Wonder Woman watching webms of the JL?
>>
>>68002936

>BvS has a main villain who is literally behind every major event in the movie from the start until the finish. But he is so poorly fleshed out that his plans and goals are never really established. When anything in the plot happens and it's revealed to be him it can be waved away with "all according to kino"

Lex's motivations and goals are the most easiest to píck up because the dude tells you. Come on, /tv/.
>>
>>68003026
What was his plan for having thugs in Africa that were so close to a warlord just to have them shoot up the place with bullets the government could trace while also trying to establish secret weapon contracts with the government

This is also using agents that can be tied to Luthor, as Batman showed, and before he would have any idea his trump card (Doomsday) would even be possible.
>>
>>68003151
Forget about the traceability of the bullets - the fact is they were trying to FRAME SUPERMAN FOR SHOOTING PEOPLE
>>
>>68003151
>>68003172
Mmm, well you see anon DINGDINGDING.
>>
>>68002936
in my pleb opinion, hollywood has been too much centered in scripts and too little on visuals, since its very beginnigs as a radio melodramas derivative. is refreshing to see movies that care for its cinematography.

or perhaps there's just some people, are just more moved by visuals alone: snyder loves baraka, and you can't deny that he IS very competent with his visuals.
>>
>>68002594
No, v is for vendetta you idiot.:^)
>>
>>68002936
This entirely. Symbolism is very easy to jam in and wrap around a script. Other way around tends to break movies and this is a prime example.
>>
>>68003026
>>68003151
>>68003172

The military knew about Lex's business with the African warlord. The whole thing was bait to test the Lois = Superman connection. The moment Lois and Superman showed up they'd kill the warlord and it's terrorists. That's why the government never did anything to Lex.

Secretary Swanwick said as much
>>
>>67995399
>he doesn't into Shane Black

nice try, but you didn't get away with it
>>
>>67990093
>his scenes alone are amazing

Yep I agree, but if I were reviewing the movie as a whole, I wouldn't give it an overall good review. The 29% score on RT doesn't mean that critics thought it was a 3/10 movie. It means that only 29% were willing to give it a favorable review.
>>
>>67989877
>"THIS WASNT THAT BAD! IT WAS BETTER THAN THE MARVEL MOVIE EVEN MARVELSHILLS MAKE FUN OF!"

Jesus, is this what DCucks have to stoop to? Avengers 1 and Captain America 2 blow this movie out of the water.

And so will Civil War with Based Russos
>>
>>68002036
Just take look at the deleted scenes with lex, bro.
>>
>>67990206
this desu
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.