[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WASTED POTENTIAL THE MOVIE >Awesome premise >unlimited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: Rogue-One-Jiang-Wen.jpg (193 KB, 1900x970) Image search: [Google]
Rogue-One-Jiang-Wen.jpg
193 KB, 1900x970
WASTED POTENTIAL THE MOVIE

>Awesome premise
>unlimited budget
>some awesome actors like Donnie Yen

And yet they have the most incompetent fuckwits making it.

GARETH EDWARDS, MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR SHITTIEST GODZILLA MOVIE

THE GRUESOME TWOSOME CHRIS WEITZ AND GARY WHITTA, RESPONSIBLE FOR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY SUCH AS:
>After Earth
>Golden Compass
>Twilight: New Moon
>Duke Nukem Forever

What the fuck
>>
Godzilla was awesome
>>
its from Disney, they can make any turd into gold and people will pay to see it
>>
>>67989563
Individual talent won't really matter other than aesthetic style.

These movies are being manufactured by hundreds of people in a think tank, not just two hack writers.

That's why the stories are all bland but serviceable to the majority of audiences.

Edwards is competent with visuals, not great with the performers. You can tell this clearly from the trailer, which has good aesthetics.
>>
Duke nukem forever came out?
>>
>>67989563
>THE GRUESOME TWOSOME CHRIS WEITZ AND GARY WHITTA, RESPONSIBLE FOR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY SUCH AS:

Let's face it they're the equivalent of beards. The story will be written so thoroughly editorially checked by Marvel it will probably be an improvement over their own work
>>
>>67989655
And yet from what we saw of the dialogue and performances, it was pretty atrocious. Whitta and Weitz make YA schlock, and shit like "this is a rebellion right? well, I rebel" is totally in line from them.

Visually it looks great, but the cringy YA storytelling is going to be a real damper.
>>
>>67989753
Well, I mean, Star Wars IS YA schlock and always has been. What exactly are you expecting?
>>
>>67989753
Star Wars has always been YA schlock. None of the movies have great dialogue. They are meant for children, after all.
>>
>>67989820
There's a difference between YA schlock such as Divergent, Hunger Games and Twilight, and campy space opera schlock like Star Wars.
>>
>>67989886
Hahaha not really, they're all meant for non adults. Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise. Rewatch any of the originals or prequels. There is a lot of awful dialogue and acting.
>>
>>67989931
You would have to be retarded to think that intended age range is the only thing that matters regarding similarity. You might as well say that spirited away = hunger games because they're both for youngsters.

Star Wars is closer to Flash Gordon than Hunger Games.
>>
>>67990060
Flash Gordon is your watermark for dialogue now? Please famigo, you're embarrassing yourself. Try not to take kids' movies too seriously
>>
>>67990191
Just saying, it's a hell of a lot different than YA shit. Not my fault you're incapable of distinguishing between styles/genres.
>>
>>67989661
Yeah, and it was shit
>>
>>67989563
>shittest godzilla movie
Lie

Also this is gonna be way better than tfa
>>
>implying anybody ever cared about how the rebels managed to steal the Death Star plans
>>
>>67990397

>is it a story that needed to be told

I'm so sick of star wars, I wonder if this is how older fags felt when the prequels came out.
>>
>>67989563
>GARETH EDWARDS
Goddammit. Dropped before I even picked it up.

Better prepare for cocktease fight transitions, 100% expositional dialogue, and people looking concerned all the fucking time.

Even the movies that made this hack famous were fucking bad.
>>
>>67989618

And people like you will either also pay to see it or complain about it without having seen it. No one win...except disney.
>>
>>67989563
>gareth edwards
>implying we'll ever see Donnie Yen throw a punch
>>
>>67990584
It was. Vader and Obi Wan's volcano fight was well documented before even Episode I came out.

I had a goddamned scholastic book about the Empire that gave me a full summary of Episode III, and it was released before Phantom Menace.
>>
>>67990697
Kek. We'll probably see him fight on a background monitor.
>>
File: vladimir-putin-laughing.gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
vladimir-putin-laughing.gif
4 MB, 347x244
>>67990998
>starts to swing
>blast door slams shut
>>
>>67989563
>After Earth
>Golden Compass
>Twilight: New Moon
>Duke Nukem Forever

I liked Golden Compass, but holy fuck those other three. What the fuck was Disney thinking?
>>
>>67989563
>MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR SHITTIEST GODZILLA MOVIE

Godzilla was bad, but this is wrong.

Seriously 99% of Japanese Godzilla movies are terribad films with like a 100yen budget and people who can't even begin to act with Godzilla Final Wars taking the cake as the worst Godzilla movie.
>>
>>67991714
They were better in that they at least had Godzilla in them for the most part.
>>
File: 793.gif (289 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
793.gif
289 KB, 250x140
>>67989563
You'll be even more happy when you watch Episode 9, directed by the guy who had a T-rex team up with Raptor to fight a lab freak dinosaur.
>>
File: 1303844593564.png (100 KB, 248x246) Image search: [Google]
1303844593564.png
100 KB, 248x246
>>67989563
>GARETH EDWARDS, MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR SHITTIEST GODZILLA MOVIE

Weaboo spotted
He did a much much better job than Emmerich. The sound design alone was fucking spectacular but I guess you cant tell from your phone kid.
>>
File: NAPS.png (265 KB, 453x610) Image search: [Google]
NAPS.png
265 KB, 453x610
>>67989563
At least we got N4-PR
>>
>>67994942
emmerich godzilla was actually the best godzilla
>>
>>67989563
>MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR SHITTIEST GODZILLA MOVIE

why do people pretend the campy low budget shit tier japshit godzilla movies were any good? There's no way op is implying 90's zilla was good
>>
File: 1458553048874.jpg (33 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1458553048874.jpg
33 KB, 625x626
>>67995162
kill yourself
>>
>>67989563
> you now remember how good the godzilla trailer was
>>
>>67995162
Come on, it was underrated, but it was far from the best godzilla.
>>
>>67994942
>he did better than Emmerich

That's like saying Snyder did better than Schumacher.

Actually that's wrong, because Snyder didn't, but you see my point.
>>
I have no qualms with Gareth Edwards. I liked Monsters and Godzilla
>>
File: comeonecaleb.gif (1 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
comeonecaleb.gif
1 MB, 500x207
>>67989563
George Miller said he's done with Mad Max.

They should've given him the Rogue One film.
>>
>>67997216
No, he didn't.

http://collider.com/george-miller-new-mad-max-movies/

>“That was a completely garbled interview. I was in New York and it was so noisy and the journalist was asking me questions on a red carpet at the National Board of Review…She completely got the wrong fragments of information that were just not true. I said no, [another ‘Mad Max’ movie] will not be next, and she took that to mean I never wanted to make another ‘Mad Max.’ It won’t necessarily be next, but I have two more stories.”
>>
>>67990661
>Max Borenstein said in an interview that the sequel will be "bigger and better" than the last film.
>At the recent Comic Con 2015 Panel, it was confirmed that Godzilla will appear more than the last film.
>>
File: 1346052430208.jpg (13 KB, 153x94) Image search: [Google]
1346052430208.jpg
13 KB, 153x94
>the same writer for Duke Nukem Forever is working on this movie.
No. Hold on. Shut the fuck up.

Duke Nukem Forever almost singlehandedly started the entire 'feminism in video games' debate at the beginning of this decade, which eventually ballooned into the 'geek culture vs women' debate, which, eventually, led to The Force Awakens/Rogue One. You're telling me one fucking guy has his hand in both of these things?

What the fuck? How deep does this shit go?
>>
>>67997621
I ain't buying shit until release confirms everything.
>>
File: 1456320690642.jpg (661 KB, 958x775) Image search: [Google]
1456320690642.jpg
661 KB, 958x775
>>67997731
>How deep does this shit go?

oh boy you've done it now
>>
>>67989563
>GARETH EDWARDS, MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR SHITTIEST GODZILLA MOVIE
I thought his name was Roland Emmerich,
>>
>>67998189
Roland Emmerich's movie may have been shitty, but at least it wasn't a two hour cocktease with an awful payoff.
>>
>>67998305
The entire thing was 'the awful payoff'. Plus it stars le murder jew so there's another point off.
>>
>>67998613
>hating Bueller

You can stop there. I won't read anything else you say.
>>
>>67990060
GEORGE LUCAS HAS LITERALLY SAID STARWARS IS FOR KIDS. ALEC GUINNES HIMSELF BTFO SOME KID AND TOLD HIM TO DO SOMETHING BETTER WITH HIS TIME.
>>
>>67990249
>It's YOUR fault you can't understand my children's stories are different than other's children's stories
>>
>>67989563
>unlimted budget
>doesn't even have the best Gareth
>edwards
>not Evans.
>>
the trailer is just shit, you can tell exactly what the story is going to be from it and it will be a generic fedora tipping edgy dey just don get me shit with all the typical SJW Hollywood tropes nowadays, not worth my time./ The only interesting non-Hollywoodesque character was the blind Asian dude and i'm sure they'll just fuck him right up Star Wars is SO SHIET
>>
>>68000567
It's for kids in the same way that westerns, kurosawa films, and cheesy pulp sci-fi serials like Flash Gordon are for kids.
>>68000612
Yeah, it literally is your fault if you can't distinguish the differences between something like Flash Gordon and Divergent. You would have to be lobotomized.
>>
>>67989563

you haven't seen the movie, you sperg

fuck off until the movie is released
>>
>>68001115
If you think it can be good with Weitz and Whitta at the reins you must be legitimately retarded.
>>
>>67989563
Its Disney brah

It'll make at least a billion
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.