[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you read any of the star wars books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Lords_of_the_Sith.jpg (101 KB, 631x960) Image search: [Google]
Lords_of_the_Sith.jpg
101 KB, 631x960
Do you read any of the star wars books?
>>
I read them back when they were good

Thrawn Trilogy
Shadows of the Empire
Han Solo Trilogy
Tales of the Bounty Hunters
Tales from Jabba's Palace
THRAWN is the only good addition to the "canon", and even then he's the bestest general EVAR and he would have ended the rebellion but he was somewhere else!! gary stu
>>
>>67985746
Oldfag here, I've only read Splinter of the Mind's Eye, The SW Novelizations, the Tim Zahn Books and Shadows of the Empire.
>>
>>67985746
I'm currently reading the star wars the force awakens novel. Planning on reading the others soon.
>>
>>67985746
Read the ones of young obi wan in the temple/training. It's no surprise obi wan became an edgelord
>>
>>67985746
I'm halfway through Lords of the Sith myself. I've read A New Dawn and I didn't like that one very much :/
>>
I read the old EU, I have the first book of the new one but I never bothered reading it since at this point I don't care anymore
>>
File: tarkin.jpg (216 KB, 1346x2048) Image search: [Google]
tarkin.jpg
216 KB, 1346x2048
>>67985746
Tarkin and LOTS are the best
>>
File: not_canon.png (139 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
not_canon.png
139 KB, 800x800
>>67985840
>>67985907
>>67985990
>>
>>67986145
>someone actually took time to make this
>they sat down and took moments out of their life that could've been filled with anything worthwhile to make this

Terrifying
>>
>>67985746
Lords of the Sith might have been stronger if we never got a scene from Vader and Palpatine's perspective. Would have been scary as fuck when the twileks' attempt to assassinate them failed and you don't know where the two pissed off sith lords are hiding.

Lost Stars was okay. belabored some of its points too much, but the third act is great.

Currently reading Tarkin. It's as great as you think a book about Tarkin should be.
>>
I have read

- Shatterpoint - don't really remember it in detail but I think it was decent
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader - again don't remember it too well but I seem to recall liking it well enough
- Medstar Duology - Nice and comfy. The first book was the better one.
- Republic Commando: Hard Contact - Very good.
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor: Absolute mess, not good.
- Kenobi - Well-written for a Star Wars book, but ultimately unsatisfying.
- Han Solo: The Hutt Gambit - Cheesy but fun, and endearing.
- Tarkin - Even though most Star Wars books feel pointless at the end, this one felt especially so.
- Lords of the Sith - I like it more in my memory than I did while reading it.
- A New Dawn - Pretty charming book in my opinion, I look back on it fondly.
- Journey to TFA junior novels - The Leia one was the best of them.
- Aftermath - At the time I really enjoyed it. In retrospect, pretty much only the interludes were good.

Bonus: GOAT short stories are A Two-Edged Sword, In His Image, Vader Adrift, The Levers of Power.

I enjoy reading em and hope to expand my familiarity with the oeuvre
>>
Last one I really read was Aftermath, and I wish I hadn't.

I've been trying to read the one in OP but it just spends so much time whining about the plight of the Twilleks that it just gets grating on the nerves.

But yeah, the older continuity was much better.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.