[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ALL CAME TUMBLING DOWN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 639x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 639x424
ALL CAME TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>67983962
>people were unironically looking forward to this
>>
File: image.png (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28 KB, 200x200
>>67983962
still better than BvS
>>
>>67983962
still giving a shit about rotten tomatoes
>>
>>67983962
>-25 points because white cis main charater

you know this is obvious all the time in that site, stop taking care of fucking blogger critics ratings you dumbfucks
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20 KB, 329x357) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20 KB, 329x357
>>67984007
>DC
>>
>you will never pirate a non camrip version of this movie
>it will never fucking happen

;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-;
>>
Since 90% of early reviews in RT are fraudulent why do we even use it as a barometer for movie quality?
>>
>>67984009
this tbqh
>>
Did Zack Snyder direct this or something?

>29%
>>
>>67983962
>You could go see "Hardcore Henry" - or you could gulp down a pint of vodka, load in "Grand Theft Auto," then strap the TV to your face and throw yourself down the stairs.

How does that not sound like a fantastic time (maybe minus the strapping to face and throwing down the stairs part)
>>
It looked like shit from the trailers

the mods are faggots
>>
>>67984075
why do we listen to reviews at all ever?
>>
Who actually thought this would be good?

The last action movie that tried to pull off fps view was the DOOM movie. And that was like a 5 minute scene. I vaguely remember critics saying how it didn't work, and probably never will. So now the director/producers tried to make a movie off a gimmick. Think about that.

57% isn't even that low of an RT score. More than enough for fucking action movie retards.
>>
>>67984047
Why? Is it only being released in theaters?
>>
It looked like shit so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>67984153
no it wil never make it to DVD
>>
>>67984134

It's even worse because the Doom sequence was made with a real camera. This whole movie is on go-pros. They're just not up to par yet. Plus you need some kind of stabilization or the audience will suffer. Doom had that but this gets all character movement. The human eye has built in stabilizers so that you can move your head around and focus on one thing. Go pros don't have that. When the actor moves, the frame moves.
>>
>>67983962
what the fuck this was at like 80% or some shit
>>
>>67984100
>maybe minus the strapping to face and throwing down the stairs part

Where's your sense of adventure, faggot?
>>
I saw it already AMA or not idc
>>
>>67984134
http://youtu.be/QYm-dT24iRY

Timur Bekmambetov saw the video for this and Bad Motherfucker and told the frontrunner "Would you wanna see a movie like this in theaters? Because I'll fund you for it".

Thus, Hardcore Henry.

Pretty impressive given it's a first-time director.
>>
>>67984253
How sexy is Haley Bennett in the movie
>>
>>67984184
Anon, that's what iTunes, Amazon, Vimeo, and Netflix are for
>>
>>67984253
Is it worth seeing in theatres?
>>
>>67984296
Not bad, I couldn't get over how much she looks like Jennifer lawrence though, it's uncanny
>>
>>67984222
>They're just not up to par yet. Plus you need some kind of stabilization or the audience will suffer.
I think of this as a trial run, it's a first shot at an idea like this being used in a real kinetic action film.
>>
>>67984253
How was our old king Sharlto in it?
>>
>>67984257
>this
>Bad Motherfucker
it's like someone watched Gaspar Noé and wanted it to be even MORE immature.

is this supposed to be aimed at 12 year-olds?
>>
>>67984350
Sweet.
>>
>>67984296
I love her, too bad she is destined to never get a big break.
>>
>>67984314
If you don't get motion sick or and liked the trailer I would say yes. If you are a fan of crank or shoot em up then you will have a good time. I'm not surprised it's getting mixed reviews since it's a very simple plot and not groundbreaking, in that sense. But you aren't seeing it to have an interesting script really, it's just a fun movie. I hate the phrase "turn your brain off" but in this case it's actually true
>>
>>67984350
I didn't realize it wasn't when I saw the trailer in theaters.
>>
http://www.wired.com/2016/04/hardcore-henry-anatomy-of-a-scene/

>tfw a good deal of this was practical
>tfw you don't notice the cuts
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
File: Channing.jpg (89 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Channing.jpg
89 KB, 620x400
>You could go see "Hardcore Henry" - or you could gulp down a pint of vodka, load in "Grand Theft Auto," then strap the TV to your face and throw yourself down the stairs.

- Stephen Whitty, New York Daily News

>Stephen Whitty
>Whitty
>Witty
>>
>>67984468
>If you are a fan of crank or shoot em up then you will have a good time.

*vibrating intensifies*
>>
>>67984577
You definitely notice the cuts, that's not true. I wish it had more long takes cause it may be headache inducing for some
>>
>>67984577
hopefully this will influence hollywood to reduce the amount of cuts in an action sequence
>>
why did anyone expect this video game shit to be good?
>>
>>67984661
most noticeable cuts are from scenes where nothing important's happening anyway. For example, there are some cuts during chase for Slick Dmitriy, but when Henry finally catches up to him, the fight and shootout goes uninterrupted all the way until the action stops and Henry gets out.
>>
>>67984680
This type of movie doesn't have to be good story wise, just fun, action packed and engaging. i'm not sure if it is that though.
>>
>>67984680
because video games are "in" right now
>>
>>67983962
That's pretty fucking high for a movie like this. I expected low-to-mid-20s
>>
>>67984468
>If you are a fan of crank
The only people that don't like Crank are the people that haven't seen it.

Also, Crank 2 is better and absolutely kino
>>
>I hate everything and want everything to fail
>>
If they can't do it in one take, they shouldn't do a first-person movie. Having cuts destroys all the immersion that the gimmick exists for.
>>
>>67984740
Have you seen it, because there are definitely cuts all over this movie, like any other movie
>>
>>67985118
I've seen it. There are a lot of cuts during walking, talking and other stuff, but action scenes go uninterrupted.
>>
>>67985118
Birdman did the "no cuts" thing pretty great though. You notice them if you look for them, but if you don't, it's pretty seamless.
>>
>>67985170
>but action scenes go uninterrupted

Well then you haven't seen it cause that's definitely not true
>>
>>67984075
>Since 90% of early reviews in RT are fraudulent why do we even use it as a barometer for movie quality?

we only use it to shitpost when the movie we want to fail invariably drops in ratings
>>
>>67984865
>Videogames are in.
I'm going to watch from the sidelines gleefully as Warcraft bombs horribly.
>>
>>67985180
Yea that's true with Birdman but not Hardcore henry, there are jump cuts all the time
>>
>>67985206
Name an example. There are cuts during accessing the situation, like taking a look at his enemies or surroundings or moving around to get to a better position, but you can clearly see every single punch Henry throws.
>>
>>67985224
The guys who made the movie are already millionaires.
>>
>>67985285
Yea but there are still cuts during the action scenes, throughout the entire movie, rarely does a shot go on for more than 10 seconds
>>
>>67985399
There isn't a single cut between him taking adrenaline shots and being stopped by Akan. A big part of the previous fight (up until crashing tower, I think) also goes uninterrupted. Fight in the abandoned hotel, which was used for promotion, also doesn't have any obvious or jarring cuts.
>>
>>67983962
Who else /chad/ here? Gonna see this film with my squad before we head out to the club to slay major puss. Let's get a thread going for pre club movies you and the bros love to watch to get pumped before the sluts get pumped later, if you know what I mean. Here's mine-
>Crank
>Transporter
>Die Hard
>Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
>The Turin Horse
Any recs brahs?
>>
>>67985509
Frick off
>>
>>67985499
Do you know what jump cuts are? I'm not talking about scene changes but there are multiple jump cuts between takes and they aren't even hiding it, the action is seemless but they aren't trying to hide the cuts
>>
>>67983962
It's not critic bait, it's a dumb action flick.
>>
>>67985509
sup bro

gonna surely get my dick sucked off after the movie by this college chick I'm hangin' with
>>
>>67985509
Shoot em Up, nugga
>>
>>67985580
>>67985509
Sup bros you wanna buttchug some jankem in the quad later? You ever 69 with some cherokee girls?
>>
>>67985639
>jankem
nah not my style bro. Shrooms are chill doe.

I have never 69'd. Call me a pussy dog.
>>
>>67985677
Licking pussy is gay anyway, dude.
That's basically like drinking piss and other men's cum, bro.
>>
what would watching this movie in full screen VR feel like?

kinda hard to imagine desu
>>
>>67984253
How many times did you puke?
>>
>>67985729
You'd probably puke... a lot
>>
>>67985724
Shieeet really? Alright then, guess I'm gonna just do what I was planning on doin' haha: gettin' my dick sucked!

So psyched.
>>
File: nah.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
nah.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>67984312
>>
>>67985745
I didn't, about 10 or so people left during my screening though. I get motion sick on rides and in cars sometimes but I could handle it
>>
I saw it.
The relentless action rapidly becomes exhausting, while the often sickening violence is regularly made even more unpleasant by the film's casual misogyny
>>
>>67985729
It'd feel like motion sickness, that's what.
>>
>>67985820
Straight from rt ;^)
>>
>>67985820
dat copy pasta

you fucking cutie troll

come here you you adorable anon
>>
>>67985677
>not my style bro
You're acting like a total narc right now, mellow. You gotta get vertical instead of horizontal my mulattos
>>
File: Cackling Cashews.jpg (3 MB, 3600x2400) Image search: [Google]
Cackling Cashews.jpg
3 MB, 3600x2400
>>67985509
>>The Turin Horse
>>
I don't see what's wrong with this, conceptually. Sure, the plot looks contrived and the acting looks weak in some parts of the trailer, but the camera worked looked """okay""" and the remake of Maniac showed that first person can be pulled off relatively well
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1342x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1342x2000
>>67985892
nah, I roll my own way
>>
>>67985729
If you could control the camera movement with the goggles I think it would make for less motion sickness
>>
>>67985639
No, but I would like to hit that ranch mulatto
>>
>>67985820
>casual misogyny
Oh yeah I saw this review.
>>
>>67984184
>this actually happens?
>>
Wow this movie looks childish

Gonna go back to my batman v superman threads and star wars thread while you kiddies fight it out lol
>>
>>67986056
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
Still excited fäm
>>
>>67986056
lol
>>
>A tiresome orgy of blood and bombast...an excruciating, exhausting ninety minutes of virtually non-stop slaughter, sex and sadism.

Goddamn, that review was practically selling the movie.
>>
>>67984614
I see Whitty's vacationed in Russia.
>>
>>67986167
I thought the same. Sounds like my chunk of change
>>
>>67985580
Tranny with a blonde wig i not a chick bro hate to break it to ya
>>
>>67986206
bro, why you hatin'?
>>
>>67986167
Was thinking the same.

Literally everything I was wanting out of this.
>>
The reviews are suggesting that it's a target audience thing.
Fans of nonstop action'll love it, but the romcom crowd needs to stay out.
>>
Its good that they tried something new. But looks like a headache and eye soar the movie

First person works in books because its still words. Your eyes just read

First person works in games because they aren't photorealstic.

But in movies its awkard and almost uncanny. It doesn't look like eye level it looks like gopro on a cheap bike helmet level
>>
>>67985724
>Licking pussy is gay

Thats because you are too used to sucking dick bro.

>>67985762
>haha: gettin' my dick sucked!
If you getting your dick sucked by carlos you still ghey dude
>>
>>67986339
I feel like Enter the void did first person right, visually it was one the most impressive and unique movies i've ever seen
>>
>>67986355
>If you getting your dick sucked by carlos you still ghey dude
Bro, why you hatin'? what part of getting sucked off by a college chick don't you understand?

jeez dude, so many people are lame these days.

Gonna smoke a blunt, later.
>>
What makes this movie "sexist"?
>>
>>67986410
Damsel in distress.
>>
>>67984354
I quite liked some of the little pseudo-POV bits in End of Watch from the bodycameras: I think that doing a bit more like that in an action movie (not full-retard stuff where people are doing flips and shit) could be good. Like POV segments as a shooter in a believable gunfight or something
>>
G A M E K I N O
>>
>>67986339
Strange Days had a great first person sequence in the beginning.
>>
>>67986355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riGnAOUINao&nohtml5=False
Here's my blunt song bro. Chill out with me bro. The world doesn't need to be lame, its only lame if we make it.
>>
>>67986309
Because obviously chicks will go see this expecting a romcom
>>
>>67985724
>Licking pussy is gay

Shouldn't you be asking for sauces in a tranny thread?
>>
>>67983990
I had friends that told me BRO THE RATINGS ARE GOOD and then immediately after the trailer, they were dead fucking silent.

I think its telling that all the action they showed in the ads is just the hero looking straight ahead, because they're trying to trick people into seeing such a blurry mess. I guarantee there will be tons of walkouts.
>>
>>67986528
My point is the consensus seems to be mostly "it's not for everyone". The action is generally praised (or derided for the best reasons) even in the bad reviews.
>>
>>67986309
The action looks boring as fuck desu. It has no style to it at all, if it were shot like a regular movie no one would like it.
>>
>>67986628
>The action looks boring as fuck desu.

Yeah, I'll concede to that. There's a possibility they're saving the best shit for the actual movie, but that's only a possibility.

I won't see it in a theater, but I'll give it the benefit of a blu ray rip.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.