[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>99% of superheroes live in new york >from street level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 10
File: Weirdo MD.jpg (114 KB, 612x459) Image search: [Google]
Weirdo MD.jpg
114 KB, 612x459
>99% of superheroes live in new york
>from street level guys up to universe level guys
>crime still fucking happens in new york
Explain this
>>
Is the city in Daredevil the same city with Tony Stark and Stark Tower?

Is The Avengers HQ nearby?

I don't know North American geography.
>>
>>67980873

They don't go against the root of all crimes because it would be unPC... niggers
>>
>>67980873
>another guy who shoot some sort of energy shit from his fingers
>>
>>67980916
Yes, they're both New York. Daredevil is just in the shitty part of the city.
>>
>>67980873
New York in the comic books is equivalent of the real world's Middle-East.
>>
the USA is a violent developing country with ritual genital mutilation, hurricanes, floods, high birth rates, high illeteracy.

Crime just happens
>>
>>67981005
But how could a shitty part of new York even exist if there are literal Gods running around fighting crime?
>>
>>67981077
>developing country
>>
>>67980873
because 99% of the super-vilains also live in new york
>>
>>67980916
Daredevil's law office is an office they got for cheap because the nearby buildings got fucked up during the Chitauri invasion.
>>
>>67981111
I never saw them actually fighting crime, just fighting supervillain bullshit

The street level heroes are the ones who fight crime, but they are too weak to solve the problem
>>
>>67981207
Spiderman is a street level guy and he's pretty much as strong as Cap.

And then there's Frank going around massacring criminals. That should put some of them off the whole crime gig.
>>
>>67981160
I loved that about daredevil. The entire plot would be non-existent without The Avenger's movie plot. The only reason Wilson Fisk comes to power is because he rebuilt the collapse buildings damaged during the invasion.
>>
>>67981111
They're not. All Tony ever does is research and only dons the suit to fix his own fuck ups or fight people he has a personal vendetta with. He's never fought any conventional crime other than the terrorists he fucks up in Iron Man 1.

Thor and Hulk aren't ever around unless serious shit is going down, and Cap busies himself with shit bigger than Wilson Fisk and normal crime (Hydra). All the others aren't superheroes, really. Just SHIELD agents or Avengers (Hawkeye/Widow/Falcon/etc.)
>>
Only spiderman actively goes around manhunting criminals. The rest have bigger fish to fry.
>>
So this is a world where aliens and magic exists, yet there is no major shift in the world. No significant cultural changes, no scientific breakthroughs, no economic upheaval...
Why is the society shown still very similar to ours despite amazing beings and alien life existing?
>>
>>67981160
I always forget Daredevil is set up in the same universe as a talking raccoon
>>
>>67980980
>energy shit is weaker than a bullet

Seriously I remember Ultron shot Cap with a beam in AoU and he was just sort of in pain.
>>
>>67982304
Because suspension of disbelief. Or else you get a nonsensical turd like BvS.
>>
>>67982304

It's backlash from all that. One you are forced to live with monsters, heroes and aliens, you deny them.
>>
>>67982304
>no significant cultural changes
literally the plot of every captain america movie
>no scientific breakthroughs
literally everything tony stark does
>no economic upheaval
literally the plot of daredevil
>>
>>67980873
Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver aren't American.
Black Panther isn't American.
Red Skull wasn't in America.
Ultron wasn't in America.
>>
>>67982409
>literally
>>
>>67982304
Because Superhero fiction rarely explores those sociological components, to do so would require a finite story. Squadron Supreme explored this pretty well.
>>
>>67982414
Ultorn was sort of born in america, but yes he fought in some part of eastern europe or something
>>
>>67981005
A) Hell's Kitchen is a safe neighborhood, B) Avengers Tower is in walking distance.
>>
>>67981434
>implying Peter wouldn't completely whoop Cap's ass if he weren't his biggest hero
>>
>>67980873
Unless it's a police state like in the Justice Lord comics, petty crimes are gonna happen unless a super happens to be there like in an episode or comic.
>>
>>67980873
>>crime still fucking happens in new york

bad guys really really hate America and our Freedom Fries
>>
>>67982304
If you're looking for a super hero story where this is dealt with you should read the web serial worm
>>
>>67982328
KEK
>>
>>67982520
What is this? A comic for ants?
>>
>>67982490
It's safe now, but it wasn't when the comic was created. DD should move to the Bronx
>>
>>67980873
New York in fukkin big m80
>>
>>67982630
Speaking of ants and spiderman, I bet ant man and spiderman are gonna have some fun bug humor in Civil War.
>>
File: ggrgsdfadfg.jpg (59 KB, 257x257) Image search: [Google]
ggrgsdfadfg.jpg
59 KB, 257x257
>>67980873
>villains in superhero movies are all white
>criminals in real life are all black
>>
>>67982328
Pewdiepie exists on the same planet as African warlords and somalian pirates.

I don't see what the issue is.
>>
>>67982792
Street level criminals are all black. Any villain that is remotely successful would be white.
>>
>>67982304
Because only handful of people in the world have tech like Stark, magic is barely known at this point since Strange hasn't come onto the scene, and the Chitauri invading was an unprecedented event. Earth doesn't have any contact with aliens other than Thor.

All of this super stuff is outside the grasp of over 99% of the planet.
>>
>>67982304
Isn't Dr. Strange villain motivation in the movie spread the magic so everyone could benefit from it?
>>
>>67982304
What would really change for your average citizen, though?

What difference does anything in those movies make to some plumber with 3 kids living in some random city in America that isn't New York City or whatever?

There'd be no difference for 90% of people alive right now if tomorrow somebody got superpowers and used them to fight Neo Nazis or even if some hammer wielding alien fought another alien and then left.

Most people would do what we're doing right now, talk about it on the internet, then go to work and talk about it with people there, then go home and go to bed.
>>
>>67982080
>The only reason Wilson Fisk comes to power is because he rebuilt the collapse buildings damaged during the invasion.
Yet all the buildings featured in the series are crumbling, old and shit.
>>
They cause the crime.
>>
>>67983011
He hadn't built new buildings in Hell's Kitchen. He built them in other parts and was trying to get Hell's Kitchen updated. Wasn't he? I can't remember.
>>
>civil capeshit discussion ITT

Am I on bizarro /tv/?
>>
>>67983109
I believe you got it right
>>
>>67983191
All the shitposters are busy freaking out over Rouge One
>>
>>67982955
I don't think so. It's a bit like saying so what if some geeks invented the internet at some research lab, it won't change anything for the common man.

I think there would be massive changes. The technology from alien civilizations would drive a whole new industry looking to imitate and reverse engineer their tech. You would have people trying very earnestly to contact other civilizations, trying to learn from them.

Wouldn't our views on our place in the universe change? We have beings of tremendous power fighting in our midst, what else is out there? Where does that leave religion? There are so many things that I think could change, it would be interesting to see a movie explore those aspects.

A movie where perhaps punching the bad guys doesn't solve anything and our heroes have to be more inventive.
>>
Why don't the avengers just fuck the ninjas up? If it's such an important war just get someone to whoop their butts god damn you! It really doesn't feel like Daredevil is in the same universe as the rest.
>>
>>67983379
Matt doesn't have Tony's phone number
>>
Only a very small percentage of heroes deal with petty crimes.

Who'd respond to a break-in on the other side of town during an alien invasion or whatnot? Going by the numbers they create more opportunities for crime and poverty than they prevent it.
>>
>>67983296
Good point.
>>
>>67982304
because it's based on comic books
>>
>>67982832
Kek
>>
>>67980873
The rampant decay of Jew York is stronger than all heroes, villains and gods combined.
>>
>>67982304
Agents of SHIELD delves into this occasionally. 9/10 show, would recommend.
>>
>>67980873
Tony has never fought street level crime.
The Avengers didn't fight crime either and when they were together it was rarely actually IN New York city.
The current Avengers are based out of compound in a different part of New York state and still don't fight street crime.

The only one who does so far is Daredevil and he is only one man, only fights crime in Hells Kitchen, and only during the night.
>>
File: into the fucking trash.jpg (8 KB, 158x200) Image search: [Google]
into the fucking trash.jpg
8 KB, 158x200
>>67980873
>takes place in new york
>>
>>67983878
Also, Peter was Spidey for a year before Civil War here.
>>
>>67983351
>The technology from alien civilizations would drive a whole new industry looking to imitate and reverse engineer their tech.

Pretty sure Agents of SHIELD covers this, if you wanna trudge through that shitshow

>You would have people trying very earnestly to contact other civilizations, trying to learn from them.

People already do this. Maybe more people do it in the movies. Sending radio signals into space isn't really going to have an impact on most of the world.

>Wouldn't our views on our place in the universe change?

For me, not really. It's a big fucking universe; alien civilizations probably exist. In the MCU they have confirmation but they do but still no means to interact with them.

>Where does that leave religion?

Thor is just a super powered alien with a special hammer; not incompatible with most religions, I'd assume.
>>
>>67982304
>>67982860
>>67982955
>>67983351

Didn't Stark invent some ultra-efficient, clean energy source? Not the chest thing, the one that powers his whole building.

That alone should change everything. Unless it was broken or super expensive or something else I missed.
>>
>>67983995
>Pretty sure Agents of SHIELD covers this, if you wanna trudge through that shitshow
I tried that for exactly 6 seconds. Holy fucking shit, what a pile of garbage.
>>
>>67982490
>A) Hell's Kitchen is a safe neighborhood

Real life hells kitchen is a nice place.

Daredevil mostly got it's start in the 70's and 80's when New York was a wretched hive of drug pushers, pimps, gang violence, and heroin.

and Hells Kitchen was the worst in the whole city.

Go watch some gritty 70's new york movies like Taxi Driver or death wish or the French connection.
>>
>>67984013
The one thing powers the building is just a bigger version of the chest thing. And he was only rolling out the prototype in the first Avengers movie. Guess they dropped the plot point.

Or maybe a ton of buildings and power plants are powered with clean energy in the MCU and global warming is solved?
>>
>>67982304

X-men is the closest you'll come to a world with real consequences. Unfortunately, it often has to conform to the Marvel universe.
>>
>>67984152
The comic book explaination is that his clean energy solution is WAY too easily weaponized to be given to the general public on a large scale.
>>
>>67981077
60 million people of food stamps
25% of children living below the poverty line
10s of millions live without hope of medical aid
God bless America
>>
>>67982304
The ongoing conceit in the comics is that it all happens in new york but the locals are too jaded to notice or care about any of it.

Like, thor will smash up a car and some itallian pizzaria owner will shake his fist and yell at him to quit blocking his parking.
>>
>>67980873
I want a story about a chill, mid-level hero in a mellow city like San Antonio, San Diego, Portland, or Des Moines, for example.

Anything with this premise?
>>
>>67981434
>Spiderman is a street level guy and he's pretty much as strong as Cap.

Still doesn't solve criminality
>>
>>67980873
Niggers. The reproduce like a catholic rabbit. Fucking monkeys, I swear.
>>
File: Photo(1073).png (1 MB, 1108x1329) Image search: [Google]
Photo(1073).png
1 MB, 1108x1329
>>67982304

The thing I love the most is this:

Some dude using human tech makes a suit almost as powerful as godlike beings like Thor.

Yet hundreds far more advanced civilizations all over the universe don't.
>>
File: 1459731677094.gif (1 MB, 540x232) Image search: [Google]
1459731677094.gif
1 MB, 540x232
>>
>>67984267
Food stamps =/= homeless/jobless
Poverty line is bullshit, compare to mexico's poverty level. Our poorfags are their normalfags.
Fucking obamacare basically made me apply for medical, now I have SOME insurance.
If you think the US is shit, either do something about it or stfu. Be a man and fix the problem.
>>
>>67981111

>Tony Stark

He was based in California during the first two movies, for Avengers he was in New York. Then went back to California for Ironman 3 and parts of Tennessee, Florida. After Ultron, he's probably either in California or New York.

>Captain America

On till Winter Soldier, he did Secret Ops with Shield that probably took him all over the place. For Avengers, he was in New York. Winter Soldier he was in Washington DC. Searching for Bucky after Ultron.

>Hulk

He's been all over the place for the most part, always away from populated areas except for the Harlem incident and Chitauri invasion in New York. After Ultron, he fucks off god knows where.

>Thor

He was in New Mexico shortly, then New York for Avengers. Fucks off to Asgard, comes back to London for Thor 2. Dealing with his visions in Asgard after the events in Ultron.

>Ant-Man

San Francisco. Probably till Captain recruits him.

Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon they are wherever Captain is at most of the time.

Those are the heavy hitters that have been introduced. In the MCU they're all over the US and aside from their team-up movies, they don't really appear much in eachother's turf.

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Elektra, The Punisher. They're all street level heroes, they're the ones that deal with gangs and criminals. The Avengers usually have worldwide threats to deal with.
>>
>>67985846
wtf
>>
>>67985846
my fucking sides
>>
File: 1437102530518.gif (631 KB, 212x176) Image search: [Google]
1437102530518.gif
631 KB, 212x176
>>67982520
184x274
>>
>>67985846
lol
>>
>>67980873
I'm not American, but I think New York is xbox hueg, like almost half of Europe in size.

So its okay to have lots of superheroes there. Also spiderman lives in manhattan.
>>
>>67980873
most don't fight crime & most don't live in new york i think.
>>
>>67982350
That shit bugged me too. I still remember it as if it was yesterday.
>>
>>67981111
>if there are literal Gods running around fighting crime?
The only literal god of the team is Thor, and he leaves as soon as the apocalypse is stopped.

Tony doesn't give a ratass about stopping crime, in fact I'm pretty sure it is convenient for him for crime to exist, otherwise his iron police would be worthless.

Captain Shitlord probably fights crime on a daily basis.

Scarlet is just a slut she doesn't fight crime unless she is being paid to do so.

The other guy is a family man. Banner is always hiding in the field and woods.

Captain by himself can't stop all the crime anon.
>>
>>67981434
Captain American can lift around 1.3 tons at maximum capacity, Spider-Man can lift like 10 tons.
>>
>>67982409
And yet every subsequent movie starts out the same way, with the same world in a similar state of crisis. Who are you this dense?
>>
>>67982788
yaeh
I think no one will bet on the opposite
it's indeed a pretty Marvel joke
>>
>>67987104

No, it's not. You can walk Manhattan from top to bottom in a couple of hours.

It's just dense here and the neighborhood changes from section to section
>>
>>67982304
More than likely because its "too early" We have already seen some impressive technological jumps from avengers to avengers 2. In avengers with shield's flying aircraft carrier. In Avengers 2 with the robot police Stark was building. Also in avengers 1 Shield developed a laser canon or some shit, the one that agent Phil shoot Loki with. The problem is Shield fell by the time Avengers 2 started, don't know why shield died though kek

You should also remember that vibranium, the coolest metal in the movie universe, is extremely rare.
>>
>>67983351
>You would have people trying very earnestly to contact other civilizations, trying to learn from them.
No. This was touched in Avengers 1. Humans do not want contact with extraterrestrial beings, due to the fact the 2 times an alien visited the planet, major catasthrophes occurred. Chitauri and Thor 1's villain, some shitty robot.
>>
>>67984258
>>67984152
>>67984013

Its a good excuse to be quite honest my family man.
>>
>>67985761
>Some dude using human tech makes a suit almost as powerful as godlike beings like Thor.
lol what? He got his shit fucked by Thor when they fought.
>>
>>67980873
Blumbledink Cabbagepatch was a terrible choice for Doctor Strange. He just looks so...Cumberbatchy. He just looks like Cumberbatch in a stupid outfit.
>>
>>67988039
He is too young and handsome.
>>
>>67987837
buttblasted Asgardian detected, make way for the human master race
>>
>>67987460
why new york so shitty and ugly
>>
This is really outdated, but looking at it most of the big named heroes are stationed in just Manhattan or very close to it. New York has a current population of almost 8.5 million people, is over 54 thousand square miles in total area, has the most tourists daily, and is over all just fuck huge compared to some podunk town in central Illinois. So most of the heroes residing there or at least being there quite often isnt that hard to believe.
>>
>>67988271
>so shitty and edgy
that would be Detroit.
>>
>>67981434
>Spiderman is a street level guy and he's pretty much as strong as Cap.
I don't know what you're smoking, but it must be good.
>>
>>67982304
Because it is childish nonsense and isn't meant to make sense.
>>
>>67988435
I think I web swinged through Manhattan in Spiderman 2 videogame for playstation 2. While it looks small in the map its pretty fucking big. Spidey can't cover that whole area by himself.
>>
>>67988121
>buttblasted Asgardian detected,
made me kek
>>
>>67981160
How come so many buildings got destroyed and only 40 people died?
>>
>>67988941
Those numbers are butchered. They are not all the casualties.

>I care for your words. Loki is my brother
>"He killed 80 people"
>He is adopted.

Remember this? How could 40 people die if it was already stated in the film that Loki killed more of them.
>>
>daredevil 1st season is tolerable
>first part of 2nd season about Punisher is the reason i picked it up, and is quite good.
>and then they went full red ninjas with bows and katanas.
WHY
>>
>>67989109
Because The Hand are the actual enemies of Daredevil you showfaggot, read the fucking comics.

The Hand(ninjas and shit) to Daredevil are like Venom to Spiderman.
>>
File: bruce-campbell-2015.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
bruce-campbell-2015.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>67980873
>regional superheros.

California is robots
North-west is shitty vampires
South is sexy vampires
the Rockies are Star-Gates
the Midwest is Bruce Cambell
>>
File: DSC03288.jpg (4 MB, 4843x2198) Image search: [Google]
DSC03288.jpg
4 MB, 4843x2198
>>67984104
Worse than South Bronx?
>>
>>67989153
It would be okay if ninjas where dressed properly and with guns and hi-tech gear. With dikoted katanas and monofilament whips. Not these red clowns.
>>
>>67984258
>>67987772

so instead the world continues its reliance on oil and dirty power, destroying its environment and going to war in the name of pursuing cheap and readily available power?

t...thanks tony
>>
>>67980873

What's his name again?
>>
>>67989506
If the "clean" energy can easily be transformed into mini-nukes. Then I think it would be too dangerous to hand it over to the public.
>>
>>67989542
Wimbledon Tennismatch
>>
>>67981111
Only one god and they dont fight crime in the city.
>>
>why is there still crime in NYC
Population:
Black 25.1%
Hispanic 27.5%
>>
>>67989586
I know Thor isn't as badass as Tony, but he is indeed a god. We should not devaluate him just because he wears a red cape.
>>
>>67986050
Well, that's the problem. The only way to improve anything is to collectively force change, but the people here are brainwashed into believing that legislation that would help them is a bad thing.

So we don't have social medicine, we're enslaved to nonrenewable sources of energy because nuclear isn't as profitable, the FDA are a cartel profiting off our poor health, it's all fucked. But if you try to get people on board to improve the country, you're a socialist.
>>
>>67988676

Comic Spiderman is (or was, fuck knows now) stupidly strong.
>>
>>67981434
>>67981434
Peter is significantly stronger than cap. He's stronger than most of the Marvel roster, faster as well.
>>
you know whats weird i thought dr strange was a villain that dude in arkham city? and now he's a hopping jolly british magick boi?
>>
>>67990117

Totes strange liek?!?!
>>
>>67989762
Bernie 2016.
>>
>>67990294
I don't support Bernie...that should have been evident because he doesn't support nuclear energy, but I do. Way to know what you're talking about when you meme.
>>
>>67980873

They cause the criminals.
>>
>>67989506
In the comic books Reed Richards could cure cancer but he just doesn't
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.