[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>didn't even make it into the Oscars nominations This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
>didn't even make it into the Oscars nominations
This was better than Mad Max and Revenant
>>
People can meme all they want, but the cgi was really some of the best ive seen in regards to how well chappie was composited into the scenes. It was genuinely realistic looking.
>>
I'm not watching anything with that shitty meme band in it
>>
this movie sucked. Neil was a one hit wonder with District 9
>>
>>67979744
Chappie was cgi? I thought it was a skinny dude with a suit like c3po, holy shit
>>
>>67979577
Blombkamp is all style over substance. Elysium tried to have a political statement, but he should really quit trying to say something and just full-on sperg out on Aaron beck's sweet sci-fi designs. Because that's what the best parts of his movies have always been - the bombastic climatic fight scenes. Everything else is just bullshit filler.

See:
>elysium dropship scene
>elysium chemrail scene
>district 9 lab assault scene
>district 9 mecha scene
>chappie opening scene
>chappie ending scene
>>
>>67979923
The best parts of Chappie was when he was learning to be hardcore like his dad. Fuck you.
>>
>>67979923
Agreed. It gives me hope for his aliens movie. If he just pulls off pure action with great design he'll probably top 3 and resurrection
>>
>>67979818
cool story
>>
>>67979877
Pretty sure it was copley in a green suit. But they had practical props of chappie too
>>
>>67979923
>not liking chappie doing an impression of the mexican dude
>>
>>67980125
Chappie as a character was great, but fucking Die Antwoord or whatever was probably the weirdest thing i've ever seen. His character arc was completely ruined because those two were absolutely unsympathetic. I cheered when she died, and the movie dropped from a 7/10 to a 3/10 when she came back as a robot in the end.

>still fucking mad about that
>>
File: chappie-sharlto-copley.jpg (86 KB, 896x354) Image search: [Google]
chappie-sharlto-copley.jpg
86 KB, 896x354
>>67980114
>>67979877
>>
>>67980221
Sharlto Copley is one of the most underrated actors out there. He's so fucking awesome.

>A-team
>Hard core henry
>fucking powers

Powers was shit but you can tell he's just having fun.
>>
>>67980218
>cheering when a mother dies
Edgy.
>>
April Fool's Day was 6 days ago.
>>
>>67980218
Who was Die Antwoord anyway? I read that in the shirt at the end.

The characters were: Chappie, Ninja, Amerika, Yoland or someshit (the girl), and Wolverine.
>>
>>67980439
Ninja and Yolandi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegdR0GiJl4
>>
>>67980538
the shit is this? a promotional video for the movie or what?
>>
>>67980343
she wasn't his mother she was some deranged south african insurgent for fucks sake
>>
>>67980903
To you, big guy. To Chappie it was his mom.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.