[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JJ Abrams is good at two things: rehashing old content frame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-8.jpg (42 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-8.jpg
42 KB, 640x350
JJ Abrams is good at two things: rehashing old content frame by frame and ruining canon.

I personally boycotted seeing star wars 7 even though sci-fi is my favorite genre (out of principle, not saying my 8 bucks mattered), and I have absolutely no regrets since I was correct in my actions. The movie that caused me to do this obviously was star trek into darkness. I was not happy at all that Romulus got destroyed by a mysterious supernova that doesn't destroy anything important besides Romulus (keep in mind the Romulan Empire after centuries of conflict with the federation was about to establish friendly relations and possibly join the federation). Then the next movie is a shitty retelling of Wrath of Khan with two nonsensical additions that make no sense whatsoever. Khan's blood makes him immortal even though the original augments were very demonstrably not immortal (during Star Trek Enterprise, one is killed by being stabbed alone) and anyone who gets a blood transfusion of his blood is now immortal too because why the fuck not. Also teleportation across the galaxy is now possible (even though many episodes of star trek dealt with this issue, and every single one concluded it is not possible in various ways) so who needs star fleet when we have magical teleportation machines invented by an augment who was born over 200 years ago.

tl;du he butchered star trek and now he is butchering star wars, wait until the next movie and see.
>>
tl;dr

this kid mad as hell
>>
nice blog

nobody cares
>>
>>67978165
you honestly wouldn't be mad if you cared about canon and someone shit all over it while being called a good director.
>>
who cares.

the star wars movie was overall much better than anything from the older movies.

the star trek movies would have been made regardless but at least they were well made.
>>
>>67978255
are you really saying star wars 7 was better than either star wars or empire strikes back
>>
>>67978304
overall, they peak much higher though.
>>
I'm not saying star wars 7 was shit. I'm just saying be prepared for star wars 8 to be shit. Abrams already reused plot elements from previous movies, so now it is time to fuck canon up while reusing more elements if the past lends to the future.
>>
>>67978584
8 won't be shit because rian johnson is 100x the better writer and director jj is

i do agree episode VII was shit though
>>
>>67978630
didn't even know that someone else was writing/directing the next one... it will probably be better than star wars 7 was then.
>>
>series set in a space-age galaxy

>everything should revolve around the same 3 planets
nah
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 375x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 375x499
>>67978630
Did Rian not have any input in VII?
>>
>>67978774
correct, JJ set the tone for 7 with kasdan. rian's movie will be great

but we'll all be BEGGING for jj when 9 comes out with that hack trevorrow
>>
>>67978740
there are 5 major entities present throughout star trek: the United Federation of Planets, the Klingon Empire, the Romulan Empire, the Cardassian Empire, and the Borg. each of these entities encompasses huge regions of space and many star systems. there are also large entities that exist for a specific star trek series like the Dominion and the Xindi, and the large majority of Star Trek Voyager takes place in the Delta Quadrant which is very far away from all of the major powers except the Borg. Definitely not "the same three planets".
>>
>>67978913
>ep 7 comes out
>JJ IS the worst director of all time he should be euthanized

>ep 9 comes out
>JJ is GOAT, 7 was the GOAT of all time, please bring him back for more spacekino
can already see it
>>
i cant think of a single good rian johnson film

you guys are delusional

looper blows buffalo dick as does that shitty BrBa ep he did you guys all fap to
>>
>>67979031
Fly was a fucking great episode but I really can't see him making this good, it's like Duncan Jones going from Moon to Warcraft.
>>
>>67979133
kudos to you anon but i was talking about the alleged 10/10 ozymandias
>>
>>67978101
>I personally boycotted seeing star wars 7
Disney is screwed.
>>
>>67979191
You're crazy That episode was fucking great
>>
>>67979191
lol shut up bitch
>>
>>67979656
>>67979687
granite state was way better

ozymandias is something an edgy 12 yo would enjoy
>>
>>67979745
ozymandias was a very difficult episode to write and I think he did a good job with it. it isn't ideal, but you have to consider that the episode was the plot resolution for a series that had tons of build up to the plot climax.
>>
>>67978101
nobody cares

really
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.