[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would these movies be like if they were made today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: lord-of-the-rings-trilogy[1].jpg (260 KB, 1452x701) Image search: [Google]
lord-of-the-rings-trilogy[1].jpg
260 KB, 1452x701
What would these movies be like if they were made today?
>>
>>67976800
>Frodo is now played be an androgynous female lead
>Samwise is now black
>Subtle hints that Gandalf is gay are dropped throughout the series. He's also Asian now.
>All villains are retconned to be white males.
>most of the dialogue is now capeshit tier quips.
>directed by Colin Trevorrow
>>
Entirely female fellowship, except Gandalf who is a black man, and orcs are just big/muscular/hairy white men with fangs and piercings.
>>
>>67976800
very similar. put down your tinfoil hat
>>
File: 08LAZER-slide-JOQ8-superJumbo.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
08LAZER-slide-JOQ8-superJumbo.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>lotr saga: the return of the king part 1
>lotr sage: the return of the king part 2
>>
>>67977705
Holy Shit.
>>
>>67976800
Newer, and with more strong independent women lead characters, one of the Hobbits would be female or trans.
>>
>>67976800
It would be just as bad.
>>
>>67977705
I wouldn't even be mad. LOTR is much more worthy of being split up and extended than any of the shit that studios have done that strategy with lately (harry potter, hunger game)
>>
Gandalf or Samwise would be black.

and this >>67977705
>>
File: Absolutely Fantastic.jpg (38 KB, 395x296) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Fantastic.jpg
38 KB, 395x296
>>67977705
Only non-meme answer, and the most likely to happen. Given what happened to the Hobbit, it would be lucky to have the series finished in 4 movies. Not to mention slowing the pace down so that instead of 1 a year, it's 1 every two with 'Expanded Universe' filler.
>>
Arwen replaces Legolas in the battle at Helm's deep.
"I love you Mr. Frodo"
Coronation of Eowyn at the end.
Also this:>>67977705
>>
>>67977946
Also Tauriel would be in and she would be super strong. She would also hold all powrfull speeches concerning battle.
A lot more CGI.
>>
Yeah, basically they would ignore Tolkien's appreciation for European cultures (and Anglo culture in particular) and religion because of 'muh diversity'. Critics would love to eat that shit, although LotR is a work with a conservative soul.
>>
>>67977705
This is maybe the only franchise, where I think this is a good idea. I love the extended cuts. nearly 12h of movie and I still wish there was more of it
>>
>>67976800
The Hobbit should answer your question.
>>
They would've shoe-horned in black and brown characters, or characters would've been cast as black and brown. Too many whiteys, the minorities feel left out and need to be included if they're going to buy tickets.
>>
>>67978171

Sam L Jackson as Gandalf.
>>
>>67978171
>dat paranoia
>>
They already were, and they were fucking terrible. Did you not see the Hobbit movies?
>>
Overly bloated with CGI and this >>67977705
>>
File: 4845782903.jpg (10 KB, 236x264) Image search: [Google]
4845782903.jpg
10 KB, 236x264
>>67977705
>the lord of the rings was originally 6 books, but it was condensed down into 3 for publisher reasons
>>
>>67976800

>Orc are now white.

Oh, wait...
>>
>>67976800
>Arwen cheats on Aragorn with some random Rivendell elf
>She comes clear about it, cries a bit and he forgives her
>>
>>67977705
Harry Potter ruined trilogies for good.
>>
>>67976800
less boring
>>
>>67977887
Yeah except HP Deathly Hallows was worthy of being broken up too and instead we got two shallow 110 minute movies instead of two 170 minute movies that could have actually fleshed shit out
>>
>>67979402
Well, it wasn't explicitly written in the books, but it's still real, as opposed to things like Legolas having blond hairs or Aragorn decapitating the Mouth of Sauron
>>
>>67979349
the whole arwen romance plot wasn't in the books. it was bullshit added to the movie, arwen just gets married to elessar after the events happen. elvish courtship isn't like human courtship.
>>
Why is /tv/ just /v/ but with movies instead of video games?
>>
Contrived "original" additions to the story with at least one cross racial love triangle

Eowin's role as a shieldmaiden would be expanded greatly. There would be at least one scene where she was cornered by aggressive, condescending male aggressors, who she would soundly and almost sadistically murder with the help of others from the main cast
>>
>>67979494
why wouldn't it be
>>
>>67979488
Elven courtship is actually quite similar to our idealized human courtship. Middle-Earth humans were the ones with strategical mariages and alliances more than anything.
>>
>>67979228
That would destroy all of the triology
>>
>>67979402
Actually it was Glorfindel who came to the rescue, giving Frodo Asfaloth so that he could reach Rivendell faster and outrun the wraith.

Arwen in the books doesn't have any lines or very few... heck even Gloïn is more relevant than she is when she is around.
>>
>>67979349
>elf
>not a big bulky uruk-hai
>>
>>67977240
/thread
>>
>>67979798
Then why did none of that happen with The Hobbit?
>>
>>67976800
More quips
>>
Well look at the Hobbit movies for proof. Big WHITE Orc is villian, goblins of misty mountains are now white, Warrior she elf with a interracial romance, Galadriel is depicted as being powerful enough to beast Sayron one on one even though she had no such feats in books, black people in Lake Town
>>
>>67979901
See >>67980031
>>
>>67976800
More cgi, more bloom, more fanfiction, more butter scraped over to much bread
>>
>>67976800
We already got it, it is called Hobbit: The Trilogy.
>>
>>67980064
Yet there wasn't a single black dorf, elf or hobbit or anything other than background lake niggers, nor genderbent relevant characters.
>>
>>67976800
I don't even want to thing about that.

I thank god and allah everyday that these movies were made before feminists and jews took control over everything.
>>
>>67980367

>no genderbent characters
>who is Thranduil

:)
>>
>>67980165
>more bloom

Dear God, no!
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.