[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a fucking fantastic movie >gets 47% on RT What the fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: comedy-poster-sundance-2.jpg (195 KB, 847x1041) Image search: [Google]
comedy-poster-sundance-2.jpg
195 KB, 847x1041
>a fucking fantastic movie
>gets 47% on RT

What the fuck?
>>
Most depressing movie I've ever seen. Rare that a movie has such an emotion impact; but with this one that emotion was DEPRESSION which probably explains the reviews.
>>
File: LEGEND.jpg (977 KB, 1934x1088) Image search: [Google]
LEGEND.jpg
977 KB, 1934x1088
48% for Ridley Scott's Legend

Plebs gonna pleb
>>
Fuck the critics mang. The film Entertainment is excellent as well.
>>
>>67975081

This is the whole problem with the "consensus" system like RottenTomatoes and Metacritic. Critical consensus is not a sign of good art. Good art is supposed to be challenging, it's supposed to take a strong point of view, which often makes it divisive. A film like this gets 47% because some critics LOVED it, and some critics HATED it. It sparks debate and conversation.

Pretty much every Marvel movie scores at 90% or higher, because pretty much every critic who sees it goes "yeah that was okay, I got what I paid for." That's critical consensus. It's a sign that the filmmakers didn't fuck everything up, but it's not a sign of an interesting, memorable film.
>>
>>67975388
>Pretty much every Marvel movie scores at 90% or higher
What? There's been like, 4, out of the 10+ they've made.
>>
The movie absolutely slaughtered hipsters which are the main demographic of people who reviewed and they obviously didn't like being skewered in the same way that they're used to skewering other groups like rednecks and christians and shit so they downvoted the fuck out of it.
>>
>>67975510
>The movie absolutely slaughtered hipsters

I agree, but it casts a wider net. It's generational too.
>>
>>67975510
t. christian redneck
>>
I've been meaning to watch this. Entertainment was one of my top of 2015. It fucking blew me away.
>>
File: Entertainment.jpg (59 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Entertainment.jpg
59 KB, 800x450
>>67975778
Agreed. Easily top 3 of the year for me. Beautifully directed, often hilarious, maudlin, Gregg was great.
>>
>>67975388
>Critical consensus is not a sign of good art.

This. It's much more worthwhile to look at individual reviews and read what they have to say rather than just checking the rating. The content if the written piece is always more important than the rating
>>
I'm turning into Tim in this movie and sad thing is its an improvement over my current self. Shit sucks
>>
>>67975081

This is a fantastic film, I don't understand the critical reception at all.

Then again, capeshit consistently gets 80%+, so maybe I shouldn't dwell on it.
>>
>>67975607

no i'm an atheist hipster faggot, just one who also hates other atheist hipster faggots for their bigotry towards my redneck brothers
>>
>>67975081
Go away, Tim.
>>
>>67975081
>actually listening to RT

wew lad, its worse than plebit
>>
So is the movie about how he turns to comedy to hide all his emotional anguish and it turns him into an asshole? I don't get it
>>
>>67977838
No, he grew up getting everything he wanted and ended up never being able to make something of himself, so he doesn't have a job and nothing really means anything to him. He's so far gone from reality that the only way he can communicate is through sarcasm and jokes. But he's missing something inside, which is the need to be productive and so he can finally do something with his life.
>>
>>67978123
So he's a depressed little bitch
>>
>>67975510

This doesn't even make sense. Most "hipsters" enjoy weird movies, and Tim and Eric and pretty much LA hipsters in every sense. I'm pretty sure the bad ratings are from morons who literally thought it would be a comedy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.