[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /tv/. I just started learning french language and in my experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Flag_of_France.svg.png (5 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_France.svg.png
5 KB, 1280x853
Sup /tv/. I just started learning french language and in my experience learning a language is far easier through exposure in movies and vidya.

Can /tv/ recommend me some french kino? Or at least french movies worth watching?

So far I've watched La Haine, Au Revoir Les Enfants and Indigenes.
>>
The French dub of TDKR is good since u fags memorized it scene for scene... also I remember hearing that the dub gives CIA a shitty mustache so be ready for that
>>
>>67973034
Since this is /tv/, Sundays with Cybele
>>
Not necessarily kino, but

L'instinct de mort (Mesrine 1)
L'ennemi public n°1 (Mesrine 2)
Ne le dis à personne
La Haine
Un prophète
Monsieur Hire
Pour elle
Caché
L'adversaire

should get you started
>>
Incendies

It's French Canadian, but that shouldn't matter
>>
>>67973034
Honestly anon, if youre trying to learn via total immersion consume all the material in the language of choice as you can, regardless of content.

Also, see if you can't find movies you've seen before that have a dub in that language.
>>
>>67973376
Honestly I can't stand watching bad movies or movies I've already watched with dubbing. I can't stand dubbing. I always prefer the original voices.

>>67973248
>>67973259
>>67973353
Thanks
>>
>>67973540
Dubs are terrible but its a useful bridge since you kind of know the gist of what they're saying already, and you build your vocabulary by context and association.

Think of it as a primer.
>>
>>67973775
I watch the movies with subtitles anyway. That's how I learned english in the first place.
>>
>>67973034
I will contribute
Le couperet
>>
>>67973775
I would like to add the suggestion of adding subtitles in your target language while you do this. Being able to read along makes it easier for you to get used to the sounds a language makes and makes it easier to pick out words. After a while go back to the movie and leave the subtitles out completely.
>>
Le Samourai
>>
>>67973034
watch intouchables
>>
>>67973034

>>67974012
Pretty much anything from Melville, OP. Have your pick:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0578483/#director

>>67973885
Nice suggestion. Also, by Costa-Gavras:
État de siège
Z
L'aveu

Also,
Du rififi chez les hommes (also known as just Rififi)
>>
You can watch tv news. This is what i dont to train my english (im french), so i think it can work in reverse!
>>
The Battle of Algiers
>>
>>67973956
True. But its also important to hear it so you can get a knack for pronunciation.

Also with french, dont forget about music, female french vocals make my dick literally diamonds.
>>
>>67974386
I know, I meant have the movie dubbed in your target language, along with subs in your target language. Just so we're on the same page.
>>
La Sonsion du Shavalyay Newar
>>
>>67974500
meme answer. discard.
>>
>>67973034

>>67973259
this for action / thriller

>>67974166
for film noir

If you want some rom com watch some Claude Lelouch.

For comedy :
Cedric klapisch
Riad sattouf
OSS 117

For musicals try les demoiselles de rochefort, les parapluies de cherbourg or les choristes.

Noe if you like edgy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.