[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
since the rogue one trailer was released, /tv/ will not stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: sp.jpg (266 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sp.jpg
266 KB, 1280x720
since the rogue one trailer was released, /tv/ will not stop fucking posting about it for at least a month so lets get some perpetual good threads going. ill begin with a discussion of the sopranos because they're always fun and there are usually some nice debates going. next we should do more lotr discussion then whatever else, but please not rogue one.
>favourite episode
isabella. i very much enjoyed james gandolfini's acting in this episode. the car scene was one of the most dangerous situations we saw tony in and it was very well executed (and rather funny). the hallucination alluded to future sequences as well (funhouse, the test dream, join the club). great soundtrack too (link to the song that plays throughout if anyone is intereted: https://youtu.be/tU1UmY6gSt8
>favourite character
definitely corrado. he was a classic conservative old dude that held strong beliefs from his generation. also very stoic and meant well for his family. had the best arc as well imo, i considered it to be the most realistic and it was also a huge downfall from his original character from when we saw him in the pilot and to me it was very heartbreaking. again, this displayed the great writing and acting on the show.
>favourite season
i couldnt really choose between season 1 and season 6 as they both start and end on very strong points. season 1 is kind of goofy but classy, season 6 is very dark and quite powerful given the context of all that has happened throughout the show. the entirety of season truly solidified gandolfinis (and majority of the supporting casts) acting range. all had been through a pretty intense ride in the show. season 6 wrapped everything up almost perfectly. the nice contrast between season 6 and season 1 is that season 1 opens up everything quite beautifully and articulately so its a huge relief that they can end as well as they began.
>>
niggers
>>
> bro let's talk about a dead show and touch each others dicks no homo
>>
>>67969789
take your edge back to >>>/b/
>>
>>67969789
please stay in your rogue one threads thanks
>>
>>67968787

I love Sopranos but your post is TL;DR

Anyway I'll answer those questions I guess

>Episode
College
>Character
Chrissy
>Season
Season 1 because that's what I'm watching now
I watched further in the past but was too young to get it
>>
>>67970019
sorry about that, just trying to give people an incentive to discuss and elaborate on their own answers. college is a great episode by the way, huge character developments and i believe its the first time we see tony kill someone so thats quite significant. chris is a stronger contender for my favourite character also, kind of the antihero in the gang, seems quite confused/lost in his motivation to do what he wants to do in life and that must cause him a lot of internal struggle (as we see later).
>>
File: cs.jpg (122 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
122 KB, 1200x1200
>"You heard about the chinese godfather? He made them an offer they couldn't understand"
>>
>>67970128
Yeah I think it is the first time of that

Also you say Corrado was some stoic old dude, i don't think that's true at all. I think he was a fucking asshole. He gave Tony shit for no reason and went to Lydia to try and manipulate him.

Yeah I guess he had the old-time values but by the time of the show, he's just an old, bitter asshole who doesn't even have the intelligence to realise when he's getting fucked by Tony

Maybe I am identifying with the character of Tony too much though which is why I want him to succeed and his enemies to fail
>>
File: 1441947096496.jpg (41 KB, 324x322) Image search: [Google]
1441947096496.jpg
41 KB, 324x322
>watching Sopranos in the middle of the night
>scene where character gets violently killed happens
>hear something behind me
>discover that wife's son has woken up and watched part of the show
>he's all crying and shitting his pants and shit
>wife gets mad at me for traumatizing her son
>she bans me from watching violent or mature tv shows when he's home
>(even when he's sleeping we can't take the risk)
>one day, come downstairs to see my wife, her son, and her boyfriend watching The Walking Dead
>they laugh at all the violence happening there
>wife explains that her boyfriend is giving proper supervision so it's okay
>wife's boyfriend reminds me that he doesn't like me coming out of my room when he's over so I go back
>later, try to watch Walking Dead with son, but he starts crying again
>wife bans me from watching violent or mature tv shows at any time
>>
>>67970411
>wife's son

Stopped reading right there

>LE FUNNY I'M A KEK MAYMAY HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>67970411
I fucking hate you, anon.
>>
>>67970411
you deserve to get raped by a pack of wild niggers and die of aids you faggot
>>
>>67970402
you make a good point, they were all quite malevolent towards one another. i was more considering his background with how he perceives family and how he upholds the code within the mafia. he holds a strong stance.

i think in regards to him feeling bitter, he must perceive that he had been cheated because hes been around since johnny soprano which might lead him to think he thinks he's earned more than what he has and probably feels robbed in a sense. perhaps since he knows tony fucks him over certain times leads him to believe that he is not respected enough and would create certain animosity and conflict between the traditional approach and the new approach which tony would be adopting

>>67970411
same thing happened to me
>>
>>67968787

>favorite episode

Pine Barrens for sure. I'm a sucker for wilderness movies (I fucking like The Edge, for god's sake) and the whole relationship between Chrissy and Paulie was always interesting to me. Plus it was just hilarious on so many levels. Seeing these two "made guys" failing miserably on a job, then fucking eating ketchup packs to survive and not even making an attempt at saving themselves. And based Bobby saves them at the end of the day.

>favorite character

Chrissy for sure. I also liked Furio a lot. I always felt it would've been more interesting if it turned out that Furio was a faggot and had a crush on Tony instead of Carmella.

>favorite season

Hard to say, but I dislike 3 the most. I don't care at all for that shit with Meadow.
>>
File: cjs.jpg (98 KB, 350x342) Image search: [Google]
cjs.jpg
98 KB, 350x342
>what did the blind man say when he passed the fish market? "good afternoon ladies"
>>
>>67970770
>pine barrens
pine barrens was fucking hilarious, was a massive highlight for me the first time i watched it. the whole hostility between paulie and chris was priceless

yeah i can understand that. the whole season had to be rewritten after a particular event happened so season 3 was kind of halted. i still found it quite entertaining though, all the characters to me had their own merit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.