[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>IT'S SHIT BECAUSE IT'S TOO MUCH LIKE THE ORIGINAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tfa_poster_wide_header_adb92fa0.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2156) Image search: [Google]
tfa_poster_wide_header_adb92fa0.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2156
>IT'S SHIT BECAUSE IT'S TOO MUCH LIKE THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS MOVIE!

Yes and?
If it was different you just know you would be complaining just as much about how it didn't fit in the universe or something.
>>
>star wars
they're all shit, mate.
>>
>>67967376
It wasgo to the pub, bring the robot to the place, let the mentor get killed fly through the trench to blow up the big ball.
>>
File: 1330282797235.jpg (3 KB, 126x124) Image search: [Google]
1330282797235.jpg
3 KB, 126x124
>>67967376
>Remake A New Hope
>Call it The Force Awakens
A Renewed Hope
>>
>>67967376
>too much like the originals
Who actually believes this, and why woukd it be bad if it were true(it's not)?
It's like a bad parody of the originals with ironic feminist propaganda made as a satire of the modern world in 2015. At least I'd like to think of it that way. It would be a much better movie if that were the case.
>>
>>67967376
tell that to the kanjiclub
>>
>>67967376
if i wanted to see a new hope, i would've stayed home. It's still shit & is really getting overpraised by the disney hype machine when it was literally the most played safe flick in history.

Can't wait for ESB 2.0.
>>
>>67967376
Let it go. So many people like it. So many people dislike it. Both have merits on why it does and doesn't suck.
>>
>>67967376
Usually, when they make a new movie, you want a new movie, not the same old movie you already got.

They were smart to play it close to the original film, but they just played it a little too close.

That said, I don't hate the movie or even dislike it. Just not going to pretend one of its flaws isn't a flaw.
>>
>>67967528

I wish TFA was too much like the originals.

The originals brought memorable scenery, a cool cast of heroes to root for, a sinister looking villain, unique vehicles and ships, unique looking aliens.

TFA wasn't like the originals. It just pdndering to people who love the originals with callback after callback. There wasn't anything really new about TFA.
>>
>>67967376

No, I wouldn't. I would complain that their "difference" is just A New Hope but completely modernized. when I say I want "different, I fucking want different.

Also, stop shoving shallow female leads with the same personality.
>>
>>67967376

Didn't you get the memo, OP? We've moved on and are hating on the trailer for the new movie now.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.