[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More like Sue Wars now, am I right? Why the fuck are they making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 244
Thread images: 31
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
More like Sue Wars now, am I right?

Why the fuck are they making Star Wars into Hunger Games?
>>
I was literally thinking this exact thing. Is this all Star Wars is now?
>>
File: cash.jpg (59 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
cash.jpg
59 KB, 550x550
Because fans will see it anyway, plus they can cash in on the young girl demographic as well
>>
I rebel.
>>
>>67967284
>implying heroines in space is new
>>
>>67967371
This is what pisses me off. They treat the original fans like shit while they they try and make new fans. It's bullshit. Make a hunger games copy if you want that audience, don't tack it onto an existing franchise just because it has brand recognition.
>>
YFW from now on every single protagonist will be either a minority or a woman
>>
>>67967454
Ripley was awesome because she channeled the great things about women: the maternal desire to protect one's children being the predominant characteristic. The Sues from Sue Wars are just male protags with vaginas.
>>
File: angry-white-men[1].jpg (43 KB, 400x257) Image search: [Google]
angry-white-men[1].jpg
43 KB, 400x257
>>67967532
That's very fucking true and changes everything. Just got even more respect for Cameron, Ridley and co now.

FUCK YOU NEW HOLLYKEKS
>>
>>67967454
Hey don't talk bad about Ripley. Ripley was a true badass who fought giant AYY LMAOs and protected her loli android using a giant mech suit.
>>
>>67967529
There's still hope for the Action Revenge Genre.

John Wick 2 is coming out soon.
>>
>>67967454
Ripley was put through the ringer. She used her wits to win, she wasn't just amazing at literally everything. Her life in general was also quite shit and not a lot of people liked her.
>>
So why have we decided Felicity Jonesè character is a Mary Sue already?

Just because she's a woman?
>>
>>67967732
Don't get cunty, you know it's true. There's zero chance she won't be.
>>
Why they keep casting the blandest, plainest actors for protagonists in the star wars universe? It started with Mark Hamill then it was Hayden, now it's Daisy and Felicity. They went from blonde pretty boys to dark haired English acting school robots. How about Jack O'Connell or someone with personality? Jesus.

Obviously ill still see it but come on
>>
>>67967801
I think it's on purpose desu

Actors with recognizable features or shticks would stand out too much
>>
>>67967801
>Obviously ill still see it but come on

This is it. Why pay for a big name it major talent? We'll see it regardless. They want someone happy for the job and not in a position to demand points or an enormous salary.
>>
>>67967460
>"Hey movie producers, stop making easy money!!!"
>>
>>67967952
What's wrong with making a lot of money and a quality product that will age well and entertain and inspire future audiences?
>>
>>67967732
Considering everything about her character looked like it was ripped straight out of a young adult novel, the chances of her being a mary sue seem high.
>>
>>67967532
This is so fucking wrong. Ripley was originally supposed to be played by a male actor, until Sigourney auditioned and got the role. You've got it the wrong way round. What made Ripley so great was that her gender didn't define her; whereas maRey sue has been purposefully cast, written and directed with the sole intent of creating a "strong female character"
>>
>>67967732
Looks like the same fucking character as Rey but with an *****attitude*****.
>>
>>67967755
>cunty

Sorry friend, you seem to have mistaken this board for Reddit.com™, easy mistake now a days with these mods and everything, but that's hardly an excuse to be a faggot.
>>
>>67967284

YA shit is dead so Disney needs to rethink their strategy somehow.
>>
>>67968089
Blatant lie. Weaver didn't want to be in it but Cameron refused on the basis of the story he was developing and wanted to do. Because of the success of Terminator he was able to get her a much more substantial salary to which she agreed.
>>
>>67967670
keanu is half minority
>>
Hopefully people see that this is just reselling the star wars name and will only have
1)action setpieces
2)minority/female leads to sell press/talking points
They might as well have made it a marvel movie. Infact we might see disney oversaturate this type of action movie soon. with bvs doing poorly audiences will not watch bad movies of they are bad or cliche enough. The question becomes how bad is this movie? We saw with tfa that disney is only going to make safe bets with star wars and it might be their undoing if they play this movie too safe.
>>
>>67968198
>he doesn't get Sopranos references

Fuck off. You don't belong.
>>
>>67968262
He's half white and not a nigger.

Close enough.
>>
>>67968043
I'm all for movies being better quality and original unlike the absolute fucking garbage that's coming out these days, but getting movie producers to stop making millions of dollars of easy money just so we can have better quality movies just isn't going to happen because the same retards will just keep paying to see bullshit, and there's nothing we can do about it but wait for atleast one good movie to come out, and there's usually a few each year.
>>
Not going to give them money anymore anyway
>>
How long until John Green gets to direct a Star Wars spinoff?
>>
>>67968312
Whenever his wife's bull lets him.
>>
>>67967284

OH GOD, my masculinity is so fragile I can't stand watching a female lead character!
>>
>>67968406
>my masculinity is so non-existent I love watching women shoehorned into roles and franchises where they're not wanted
>>
>>67968312
Kek, yfw John Green becomes head writer for episode IX and literally removes the last white male characters
>>
>>67968456

>Women can't be in a role that makes absolutely perfect sense for a woman character. These should be all male roles.
>Tips Fedora
>>
>>67967454

She doesn't count like the other female leads today. Because I say so
>>
>>67967284
It's all for the shekels.
It's Star Wars so the males will watch it anyway.
So they make a YA movie with a Mary Sue main character for the female audience.
>>
>>67968489

>Young Billy lives in some shit hole back water world planet
>Young Billy always dreamed about being a Jedi, a once prolific order of monks now extent, Billy's about to learn he's not only got attitude but also the force
>However, a shocking drastic turn of events take place, BILLY HAS CANCER(space aids)
>Billy must team up with comic relief happy black guy, tomboy girl and some creepy old black man with a soothing voice
>They go on some mission or shit and it's never really explained..METAPHOR GET IT!? GET IT!?!?!
>>
>>67968456
>Implying women can't do things men can
>He is just mad we're not gonna get a Leia 2.0 in a gold bikini

Yeah, your masculinity IS fragile.
>>
Imagine how triggered /tv/ would be if they had made her Asian as well, like the EU character she's based off of
>>
File: kyle.png (2 MB, 1904x708) Image search: [Google]
kyle.png
2 MB, 1904x708
>go to 'weapon'
>retrieve plans
>male accomplice
Is this Kyle Katarn?
>>
>>67968675
try again lad
>>
Why are they all human
>>
>>67968769
desu that wouldnt be as bad

white woman are the worst
>>
>>67968828

true desu
>>
>>67967454
>well written heroines
>shitty cash grab written heroines

There's a difference.
>>
>>67968312
Oh fuck, I can see that happening.
Please don't give them ideas...
>>
>>67968769
Asian women are better than white women except being attractive and being slutty.

I'm a white man and I'm fucking sick of white women.
>>
>>67968852
>>67968516
>>
>>67968870

>Stephanie Meyers writes one featuring two aliens who are not-vampires but really are in a sci-fi setting and is the same bullshit as Twilight
>>
>>67968514
>role that makes sense for a female character
>Spy in the Imperial Empire that is extremely sexist and xenophobic.

yeeeeahhhh.... sure...
>>
File: fisherx.jpg (44 KB, 640x335) Image search: [Google]
fisherx.jpg
44 KB, 640x335
>>67968675
>He is just mad we're not gonna get a Leia 2.0 in a gold bikini
You're god damn right I'm mad about that.

If I was a young loose lad on set back in the day I would have plowed her like nobody's business.
>>
>>67968925

When the hell were they sexist?

They were just xenophobic, and she's human
>>
>>67967454
Ripley's strength came from her vulnerability - being scared and outmatched but being brave anyway.

Characters like Rey are written without weakness and characterisation because to have her struggle or not be able to do something might offend people in today's political and social PC climate.
>>
>>67968675
>Implying women can't do things men can

they literally can't. put 10 men and 10 women(just pick at random from wherever) into a cage, have them fight to the death until 1 person is left. It's going to be a man every single time, with the only exception being if some guy whiteknights so hard he kills himself to a girl can win(which honestly wouldn't be that surprising).

That's why it's very hard to get a woman to be the main role in any sort of action hero type movie, future space style or not. It almost always feels forced and unrealistic, because it is usually forced and unrealistic.

Then they almost always make it even worse, by just going full on mary sue, because it's a pain in the ass to realistically make us believe a 5'4" skinny 20 year old has the strength and abilities to do what she's doing. YOLO just make her an all powerful wizard no explanation fuck you audience
>>
Is every movie going to be a ragtag group of minorities fighting a group of white male villains now?
>>
>>67969024
Literally this.
>>
>>67969024

What about the force is realistic to you?
>>
>>67969024
Pretty much this
>>
>>67968406
Posts like this are bait right? /tv/ doesn't actually attract these people now?

Those that seriously hold opinions like this seem to think that multi conglomerate studios are on a diversity crusade to correct wrongs and bring equality to film. Not realising that this is straight forward pandering to secure a demographic.
>>
>>67967284
The marxists won.
first comics was infected by cultural marxism
then games was infected by cultural marxism
now star wars is infected by cultural marxism.

feminists and marxists should be murdered in the streets for what they are doing to pop culture.

I'll make a billion dollar bet the white male is also gay tranny as well.
>>
>>67967460
this is how everything works, the original fans are going to buy the product anyway, but since everyone wants more money you need to attract a new audience by changing it
>>
>>67969129
>he didn't read anons entire post.
>>
I have had a vision of the future

> more white female leads start popping up
> SJW's are happy at first
> They eventually get mad because tongan transgenders do not get enough lead roles.
> backlash against white female patriarchy begins.
> YOU FUCKING WHITE FEMALE
> the feminists finally get a taste of their own medicine

I can not wait.
>>
File: Biggs.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Biggs.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>67968776
he's gunna be a younger version of Biggs, and he's going to introduce Luke to the female protagonist
>>
>>67969191
Don't worry one day the hordes of mudslimes, they insist on importing, will have the necessary numbers to enforce their rules and they will be the first victims.
Too bad the rest of us will also suffer.
>>
>>67967284
Rogue One: Mary Two
>>
>>67969129
right well my post was more of a general statement about women action stars, but even in star wars the jedi need some psychical ability. But what really irks most people i think, is how she just becomes a powerful jedi out of nowhere. It always bothered me that luke could hold his own against vader with only limited training. But he still got training from not one but 2 jedi masters, and you could argue he spent more time on degobah with yoda then the movie made it seem like(i know i know i'm sure the book says exactly how much time, just saying). But luke got training, and still pretty much got wrecked. While mary sue strong womynz just has a dream and kicks the shit out of TFA's version of vader, i mean give me a break.

Thats not even taking into consideration that force or no force, it's basically a sword fight. Go sword fight someone that is substantially bigger and stronger then you, it's rough. So he's bigger, stronger, has more lightsaber training, and more force training, that fight should have been very different.
>>
>>67969265
> backlash against white female patriarchy begins.

I think you mean matriarchy mate.
>>
>>67969024
>>67969189
>>67969191
I still don't understand why, in your limited minds, women can't have these roles?
>inb4 cultural marxism or other conspiracy crap in Hollywood you think is real
>>
>>67969191

Anime and Manga are the last bastions of pop culture, thank God most of the artists are women and the west don't really care about the medium enough, more than likely if the Gits and Death Note American remakes are a success, which I doubt they are, it could open floodgates to get more adaptations.
>>
>>67969217
>because it's a pain in the ass to realistically make us believe

shut the fuck up autist

>>67969320

you too
>>
>>67969320
>Go sword fight someone that is substantially bigger and stronger then you, it's rough.

You've never had a sword fight with anyone you fat cunt.
>>
>>67969325
All of the archys.
>>
>>67969350
>I still don't understand why, in your limited minds, women can't have these roles?

They can, if the part is right for it. If they want to take the time to make a well developed, realistic woman action hero type character i don't think many have any problem with that. There are examples of it being done well(literally like the 5th post ITT). What I don't like is when they just shoehorn in a woman just because, and the movie is worse off for it. I guess i would compare it to if they did a movie about a 6th grade class, ran out of child actors and just put an adult man in there, with no explanation. WTF is this guy doing in this childrens classroom? They movie producers could give the guy some backstory that explains why hes there, but in the case of women action stars they almost never do.

A woman going around beating the shit out of full grown men is a VERY unusual thing in real life. So fantasy movie or not, if you are going to make that character, at least make an effort to make it believable. They almost never do, and the movie just feels forced and cheesy 99 percent of the time.
>>
>>67969350
The characters are so contrived. They are made infallible so as to not offend the demographic Disney are desperate for. These characters are cynically forged in focus groups and boardrooms. There's no artistic merit behind them - just cash. Being a woman is not the problem, the problem is the reason for the decision for the character to be a woman. It's not a reflection of a filmmaker's vision, it's pandering to a modern day social and political landscape.
>>
>>67969439
>You've never had a sword fight with anyone you fat cunt.

>not having mock lightsaber fights with your friends as a kid.

are you even trying to live? come on now
>>
>>67967801
Having someone be too attractive might alienate female viewers.
>>
>>67969552

Ugh, as if PoC and women get any representation in Hollywood, personally I'm sick of seeing white hetero copy paste men in every single movie.

Also Star Wars is a fantasy movie, women can be whatever they want there.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (385 KB, 1356x1342) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
385 KB, 1356x1342
>le #girlpower
>>
>>67969965

men are only good as laborers, women are the brains behind the brawn >:)
>>
>>67969954
Terrible bait mate. Barely a 2/10.
>>
>>67969954
>Also Star Wars is a fantasy movie, women can be whatever they want there.

this meme needs to die. Doesn't matter if it's a fantasy or sci-fi movie, this doesn't mean any common sense just goes out the window. Fantasy/sci-fi(sci-fi especially) is usually just reality with some key differences, not "anything can happen at any time and it doesn't need to make any sense". Would you be ok if one of the characters in star wars just out of nowhere turned into a cat, time traveled to earth in 1940 and killed hitler, then went back to the movie? No that's silly. Star wars is pretty much real life in movie form except

-it's in a different time and place in the galaxy
-some people have wizard powers of varying degrees
-technology is better

Humans seem to be just humans other then that. In this new movie, it looks like the female isn't a jedi, so, just a human female.
>>
File: 1441961627611.gif (444 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1441961627611.gif
444 KB, 320x240
Nope fuck this franchise im done.

First i had to put up with the Shit prequels now this.

Nope ill pirate this shit when it comes out.

now i know how EU fags feel having the original trilogy shat on, first Tolkein then Marvel now this.

Fuck whats next retcon every pop culture icon into a trans black women
>>67969965
>>
>>67968776
I was geniunly surprised when I saw based Diego Luna there
>>
>>67969320
also there was a timeskip between a New Hope and ESB, so for all intends and purposes Luke sure as hell would've been training on his own in the spare time he had, I mean this was really shown in the wampa scene where he went from doing fuck all with the force on a new hope to atleast pulling his lightsaber from the ice, I know this might be very basic jedi shit it showed that Luke now knew how to use the force atleast to basic degree
>>
>>67967460
How excaxtly are they treating you like shit with the introduction of a female character? Why didn't you complain when they announced Felicity as the protagonist? Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>67970606
not that anon, but i was expecting more of an ensemble film with a rag tag team of soldiers as protagonists instead of "Felicity and unimportant friends" like the teaser suggests

it's too early to make a judgment, just expressing my initial impressions
>>
>>67968974
>implying she would have let you
>>
>>67970992
Hey, fuckface. That's what the patriarchy invented rape for.
>>
>>67967454
Ripley was written as a man at first, which is why she's such a good character.
>>
>>67967284
From the trailer, everything's formulaic and by the number without any pretentions of being cinema like Lucas's endeavors.
>>
>>67967284
am tired of every movie being the damn same, same characters, same look. Lets have the YA novel movie and the superhero movie 1000 times a decade.

What ever happened to the supposed "Saving Private Ryan, war movie in the SWU" and independent style from the other films we were supposedly getting? Say what you will about Lucas but at least he had some original ideas. Its not just another white, thin, pretty YA novel female protagonist, the other characters are all cliche's too. The black guy is gruff and serious, the Asian guy can either do math or Kung Fu... well there ya go, he did some Kung Fu. Happy? He probably calculates the size of the Death Star (yay another Death Star) too lol. Not only that but literally EVERY white male is the bad guy or hunk. Look its the white guy in the trailer, guess what HES BAD, big surprise.

It would kill the studios to actually come up with something different? Our culture is turning into waiting for a 'once a decade' idea that gets milked into absurdity. Would it have been that bad if it was a female Twi'lek protagonist, an alien, a Latina at least? Nope its a British girl. The main character... for 4-6 movies straight. A British girl.

Well, see ya in 2025, we'll get some new ideas. I kid its actually only movies about Hermione Granger (Harry Potter but with girl power!) that decade.
>>
>>67970366
>fuck this franchise
>im done
>I'll just watch it later though

pathetic.
>>
they make these movies because they sell tickets, so this is literally what people want. they want a bunch of jennifer lawrence clones fighting bad guys because shes a strong female

it's only going to get worse. these type of female main characters are basically going to be the "new" type of capeshit. we're going to see an increasing amount of these types of movies from all these irrelevant shitty novels, as long as it is actiony and has a female main character, boom, it'll get optioned

welcome to the future trend of action movies
>>
>>67967284
>Hunger Games
Oh fuck, it just hit me when I saw that
>Hunger Games
Fuck
>>
>>67967284
Star Wars now will be about making people suffer through shitty Mary Sue characters while they remake ANH in many different ways.

Enjoy :^)
>>
File: starfags.png (60 KB, 879x284) Image search: [Google]
starfags.png
60 KB, 879x284
>>67967460
They treat the original fans like shit? Original fags-- er, I mean fans-- love this shite.
>>
>>67974750
>these irrelevant shitty novels
Predictions on next novel to movie?
>>
>>67974846
no idea

what's the most popular hunger games esque novel/series that hasn't been adapted yet? because whichever novel or series was a best seller is going to get optioned soon, if it hasn't already been.
>>
Explain how that trailer paints her as a Mary Sue.
>>
>>67975058
who cares if she's a mary sue, it's just another typical strong female role
>>
>>67967284
>into Hunger Games
Exactly what I saw. It's more Fan wank with a weak as story.
>>
>>67967454
Her arc started in Alien. We were able to see her change.
>>
>>67975137
She seems like a fuck up. Maybe she's actually vulnerable. People should be pissed it looks like shit.
>>
you faggots will see this movie no matter so they can appeal to the hunger games audience to try get their cash too
>>
>>67975293
i'll watch it but i'm not paying for it, i'm not giving them money for more of the same garbage i've already watched ten million times already
>>
File: 1455848850207.jpg (1 MB, 1672x1672) Image search: [Google]
1455848850207.jpg
1 MB, 1672x1672
> April 2016
> Star Wars shitposting STILL hasn't ended.
>>
>>67975293
I definitely won't be paying this.

But i will see it alright.
>>
File: 1454538973057.jpg (30 KB, 750x264) Image search: [Google]
1454538973057.jpg
30 KB, 750x264
>>67974839

christ...
>>
>>67975293
You're right. I don't have much going on in December.
>>
>Gareth Edwards shits all over yet another beloved IP

I tried to warn you faggots, I did. He's incapable of making a good movie.
>>
>>67974600
>What ever happened to the supposed "Saving Private Ryan, war movie in the SWU
that's E2 E3 mate.
>>
>>67967284
It's going to be a really awful movie.
But it will brake a billion.
>>
>>67975366
This is the future now.
>>
>>67975137
shes the thief you put all perk points to it.
>>
Only thing I really hate is the whole loose cannon shit.

>inb4 surrender your medallion and blaster
>>
>>67967532
>The Sues from Sue Wars are just male protags with vaginas.
No. Male protags have flaws and get beaten at shit for the sake of tension.
>>
Anyone else pretty disappointed because they were more #hyped for this than TFA.
>>
Who's ready for:
>The Kenobi trilogy
>The Boba Fett trilogy
>Vader trilogy
>Poe Dameron: Origins
>Kylo's Awakening
A movie for everyone! Or three!
>>
>>67975936
I want a Darth Bane flick where he establishes the rule of two.
>>
Why are there no blondes in space?

This is the first female lead in Star Wars who isn't likely related to the others, and she still has brown hair?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>67967284
hey why dont you whine about it on the internet
>>
>>67975993
Most people have brown hair. More marketable maybe.
>>
File: 1451521712818.gif (2 MB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
1451521712818.gif
2 MB, 500x210
Wow another strong womyn lead, what a beautiful and progressive industry.

"I rebel"
>>
>>67975876
After how bad TFA was, my hype for anything Star Wars related is pretty much gone.

Seems like these new SW are all about remaking the plots of a new hope and empire strikes back, but with stronk independent wymmin and diverse characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 768x1024
>>67976050
Star Wars: Mockingjay
>>
>>67976018
>morisson will never be in a film outside of his homeland again
>hes the only tolerable minority

It was over for me when it was over for him
>>
>>67967371

The exact demographic mostly likely to not give a fuck about Star Wars.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 181x182
>>67969368
>anime and manga are the last bastions of pop culture

they pander just as much, just to different audiences.
>>
>>67968776
my money on Jan Ors and Kyle Katarn, even that admin-robot following them in few scenes reminds me of 8t88
>>
File: 1431812523850.jpg (429 KB, 2423x1433) Image search: [Google]
1431812523850.jpg
429 KB, 2423x1433
>MOOOM I'M SO AFRAID OF WYMYN !!!!
>>
Fuck you Disney, I already know who stole the death star plans.
>>
They should have made her say "I am rebellion now".
>>
>>67976050

why couldnt they have just made it a stoic white male lead.

It would have been so much more original.
>>
>>67976149
>they pander just as much, just to different audiences.

Sure, but at least they aren't trying to shove a retarded ideology down your throat.
>>
>This is a rebellion isn't it? I rebel.

Fuck Star Wars.
>>
>>67976149
>>67969368

You should both seriously consider just dropping pop culture completely. It's clearly producing diminishing returns, there's a whole world of high art and literature that you could devote your time to instead. Leave movies and TV to the tumblirinas and SJWs, let them run the entertainment industry into the ground.
>>
>>67976295
This shit is south park tier writing.
>>
>>67969439
And yet he's still right.
>>
Holy shit at all of the cliches

Asian ninjas
Rebellious young women
Gruff black guy
White guy in the admiral's suit
>>
File: 1450907491398.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1450907491398.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>67969368

>>>/a/
>>
>>67976429
>South Park tier writing

South Park has much better writing anon. South Park is like Shakespeare compared to this.
>>
>>67976418
>I'm afraid of gender equality!
lol ok /pol/cuck.
>>
>>67969954
>Ugh
Back to tumblr with you
>>
>>67976202

Then it would be something more thematically appropriate to the DNA of Star Wars. The mono-myth almost always involves a man.
>>
>>67967801
>Hamill
>bland
Faggot
>>
>>67967682
didn't she do an over the shoulder backflip dunk or some shit

how was she the best basketball player ever if not mary sue
>>
>>67967371
>Because fans will see it anyway

I wonder. I was a big fan, seeing every SW movie in theatres 3 or more times (a lot more times in OT's case). After TFA I've decided that I'm not giving Disney a cent for their SW movies anymore.
>>
>>67976619

>I'm afraid of gender equality!

You mean that thing feminists are actually against?
>>
>>67976684
He was bland, but at least Luke had actual character development, unlike the mary sues they keep creating.
>>
>>67976761
>naive
>arrogant
>ignorant
>inquisitive
>"bland"
No.
>>
>>67976739
>feminism
>anti-equality
no wonder you hate feminism. you literally don't know what it is.
>>
>>67969320
I'd say that any human force user can effectively fight against any other humanoid force user, because of the force and the way it enhances your abilities.
But I agree, in TFA it was more of a sword fight between force rookies (ESPECIALLY when talking about Rey) and it as hard to believe she won despite Ren's wound.
>>
File: 1450605667470.png (167 KB, 636x426) Image search: [Google]
1450605667470.png
167 KB, 636x426
I'm gonna see this kino at least 12 times in the cinéma
>>
>>67974673
This, im not gonna bother with rouge one or the subsequent movies, its clear that disney wants the young teenager girl audience nerd fauxx culture, so to hell with it, might as well find something else to follow
>>
>>67976791
I will admit he did get better on the acting department after the first movie.

But Luke was always the most bland character out of all the original main characters.
>>
>>67976792
looks like someone has their head up their ass.
>>
>>67976792

>you literally don't know what it is.

As opposed to metaphorically lol

Whats that sound I'm hearing? It sounds like bagpipes. Gasp! Could it be the No True Scotsmen coming over the mountain?
>>
>>67976890
>Luke
>blandest
Nope. That'd be Han or Lando or even C-3PO and Leia.
>>
>>67976792
I doubt you feminists cunts know either, considering what your "movement" has become.
>>
>>67976890
I always thought Leia or Han were the blandest. Leia doesn't really change at all through the trilogy save for the dynamic with Luke revealing the bit about them being twins and Vader being their dad.

And Han just being a irritable cunt.
>>
>>67976932
>>67976930
>>67976968
sure, Emily Pankhurst didn't want equality. Susan B. Anthony didn't want equality. Makes sense lol.

maybe if you didn't learn about everything from right wing websites you'd know what basic concepts like feminism involve.
>>
>>67976728
you're talking about alien hybrid ripley, who was supposed to be OP character.
>>
>>67976160
If that's the case then Kyle Katarn should be the lead. RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67976943
>>67976988

Well i thought that Mark Hamill was bland as Luke, but his character definitely got a better and more interesting arc than Han or Leia.

Which is something that Rey doesn't have for example. Daisy is really fucking shitty and the writing doesn't help either.
>>
>>67976181
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say THIS.
>>
>>67977065
Can you name one feminist today that isn't batshit insane?

Hard-mode: no Christina Sommers
>>
>>67977118
then maybe give her more than one movie and consider that they're setting up two leads this franchise as opposed to one?

Rey eating like a pig was more character building than anything Luke did in ANH imo. He was a blank slate.
>>
>>67977185
Normies that don't know about 4th wave shit but actually just believe in equality.
>>
>>67977065
>maybe if you didn't learn about everything from right wing websites you'd know what basic concepts like feminism involve

Please explain to us what the basic concepts are and also give some examples too.

Modern examples that is.
>>
>>67977185
Bell Hooks is still alive, bro. Zadie Smith is my feministfu.

you can't expect other people to spoonfeed you basic feminist media if all you do is harp on the tumblr teens who are trying to fight for equality their own way and perhaps overreach at times.

the key, as with every field, is to ignore the people who get it wrong and engage with the people who get it right.
>>
>>67977118
Rey is really good at everything. Watch her roll her eyes in Episode 8 as Luke mansplains her the Force as she then lifts the Millennium Falcon out of the ocean with ease.
>>
>>67977208
>then maybe give her more than one movie and consider that they're setting up two leads this franchise as opposed to one?

>Two leads

Kylo is not a "lead". Unless you mean somebody else.
>>
>>67977239
see: >>67977290

if you don't want to study the field of feminism in your own time that's your fault, not the feminists (who are actually trying to do something about the imbalance of the sexes you are constantly perpetuating.)
>>
>>67977065
Stay in the current year retard.
>>
>>67967284
>Main character isn't male
>must be hunger games

kill yourself

>>67967532
>Women have to be motherly or it isn't realistic

faggot

>>67967732

Obviously if the main character isn't a white male there must be some evil plot to destroy the world.
>>
>>67977290
>Bell Hooks

She is batshit insane nigger.

I also said for you to give me modern examples.
>>
>>67977341
Finn.
>>
>>67969320

I don't give a fuck about the fact that Rey is a woman, by itself. In fact, muscular action heroine women are one of my fetishes.

I give a lot of fucks about the fact that Rey is the lowest sort of the action hero(ine): one that pulls new skills and abilities out of her ass whenever she looks to be in a tight spot. A good action story is supposed to put its heroes into tight spots, make you believe they are in real peril, create tension, and then devise clever or at least believable ways for them to get out of those tight spots and prevail against a seemingly overwhelming enemy. The OT is a classic example of that. The Force was with Luke, yet he still needed sacrifices of his comrades and Han's change of heart to even get a chance to shoot the thermal vent.

Just allowing your character to repeatedly unlock more power at the critical moments is nothing more admitting that you have no fucking idea how to write a decent action story. It kills tension because we already know how our Mary Sue is going to get out of each successive bind.
>>
>>67967284
Based on that trailer, her acting was fucking atrocious, holy shit, it's like she didn't know how to add emotion to her dialogue.
>>
>>67967732
did you miss that list of bullshit they were reading about her that was at the age of "15"
>>
>>67967284
>Caring this much about a jumped up advertisement for kids toys and demanding it be returned to its non existent golden age

Please leave.
>>
>>67977065

First off Susan B Anthony was a first wave feminist. By now, in our year of the lord two thousand and sixteen we are in the era of 3rd wave feminism. There are many criticism one could make of first wave feminism, its endorsements of eugenics and its support for the carnage of WWI, but its now obsolete. One of the big things with feminism right now is the "equal right amendment" which would single out women as a protected class.

Which is funny, because the 14th amendment already forbids states from denying any person "life, liberty or property, without due process of law" or to "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.” Not to mention that the due process clause and the equal protection clause was already cited in Obergefell v. Hodges, with success for the plaintiff in that case.

So why would you demand a special amendment just for your particular group, a right that is not afforded to people based on race, creed, ethnicity but apparently for some reason gender, if you are not trying to give your group an unequal right? All animals are equal but some are more equal than others apparently.
>>
>>67977445
Are you sure about that?

Because Finn was pretty much a bumbling sidekick in this movie.

And with Disney adding even more characters in the sequel, i doubt he will be a "lead".
>>
>>67977470
It's okay though! She's a rebel ;^)
>>
Why are you faggots talking about feminism
>>
>>67977568
ayyyy rebel
>>
>>67977610
Because feminists are triggered that people are calling out their shitty mary sue characters.
>>
>>67977065
No feminist of today wants equality.

The fact of life is, females of today already enjoys vast privilege, and the defining traits of feminists is demanding more. Anyone truly concerned about equality would be arguing for restoring at least a semblance of fair treatment.
>>
>>67977610
because this teaser is a bunch of period diarrhea
>>
Why is Disney trying to sell star wars to a larger group of idiots? Gee I wonder. Thanks a lot prequel haters and reddit letter media cucks. This is all your fault.
>>
>>67977290

>Bell Hooks is still alive

and still a certifiable crackpot.

>you can't expect other people to spoonfeed you basic feminist media if all you do is harp on the tumblr teens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GMF1tI6QFs
>>
>>67977065
Pankhurst was a massive cunt and her family was more interested in raising their standard of living and shaming men rather than having equality for all men and women
>>
>>67967454

Ripley never beat up a man.

She almost got raped and had to be saved by a man.
>>
>>67967284
Every time a retard complains about a female main character in an action movie, I smile.
>>
>don't like a movie with a female lead
>ugh, you're just sexist! get over it, pig. it's 2016

How long will this shield of oppressed women in hollywood last? Hopefully a few based reviewers call it out for what it is.
>>
>>67978161

>In August 1914, at the start of the First World War, Admiral Charles Fitzgerald founded the Order of the White Feather with support from the prominent author Mrs Humphrey Ward. The organization aimed to shame men into enlisting in the British Army by persuading women to present them with a white feather if they were not wearing a uniform.[2][3]

>This was joined by some prominent feminists and suffragettes of the time, such as Emmeline Pankhurst and her daughter Christabel. They, in addition to handing out the feathers, also lobbied to institute an involuntary universal draft, which included those who lacked votes due to being too young or not owning property

>Anecdotes from the period indicates that the campaign was not popular amongst soldiers - not least because soldiers who were home on leave could find themselves presented with the feathers.

>One such was Private Ernest Atkins who was on leave from the Western Front. He was riding a tram when he was presented with a white feather by a girl sitting behind him. He smacked her across the face with his pay book saying: "Certainly I'll take your feather back to the boys at Passchendaele. I'm in civvies because people think my uniform might be lousy, but if I had it on I wouldn't be half as lousy as you."

>The supporters of the campaign were not easily put off. A woman who confronted a young man in a London park demanded to know why he was not in the army. "Because I am a German", he replied. He received a white feather anyway.

TL DR version. OG feminists either pressured young men to go get slaughtered in the trenches while they sat at home, safe and pretty, or they harassed veterans and active duty soldiers. Fuck feminism, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd wave.
>>
Star Wars was the last thing for me. Everything's been thrown in the dump lately, but Star Wars was still a pure fun wholesome classy ayy quirky space world. Now it's just another political stance to be discussed on shitty memesites.
>>
My exact thoughts. This felt too much like a Y.A movie. We all thought Rey was bad, this girl looks like a mary sue on steroids. No emotion in her face, just a walking tank. Reminds me of Tris from Divergent. Wouldve made more sense to cast people that actually looked like a regular squad of soldiers. A young girl lead in this movie looks dumb.
>>
Kerry Mathison from Homeland is a perfect female protagonist.

She gets by on her wits and sex appeal alone. Whenever she is forced to go hand to hand against a male she gets her shit pushed in badly.

Then she cries until they feel bad for her then she fucks them over royally

That's a realistic way to portray a female hero of a story
>>
>>67976202
Not really bothered at having another female lead. Just kinda rolled my eyes at another white chick. But then I remembered feminism is exclusively for white chicks. Could have been a cute asian chick, latin chick or black chick.
>>
MRW Star Wars will never have a white male protagonist ever again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svm5wp3R504
>>
>>67978860
Can't tell whether he's trying to act though and cool or he just regrets participating in this feminists bullshit.
>>
>>67978860

Confirmed cast for the title role in the Young Han Solo movie.
>>
File: 1425662713580.jpg (314 KB, 1120x1284) Image search: [Google]
1425662713580.jpg
314 KB, 1120x1284
First, the main character seems edgy, rebel, etc, that automatically makes her not a Mary Sue. Now she's just a generic overpowered main character.

Now forget the main character being a female, I have another issue with both this trailer and Episode VII: the enemies are just fucking pathetic. The "Rebels" fucking mop the floor with the empire at every turn, Marey Sue wrecks a jedi/sith apprentice out of nowhere, this gir in the trailer looks like she barely moves and makes a dozen of stormtroopers die.

While this was a problem in almost all of the original trilogy except for the first 10 minutes of ANH, the trilogy had Luke growing to be a skilled jedi (though most of his training was off screen), so in RotJ he kicks ass and shows it in the beginning, but, since the tension of him facing mooks is now gone, he now doesn't even face them, instead he goes directly to Vader and the emprah, and we get one of the most tense sequences in the series where they try to break him emotionally by using his allies plan being in jeopardy. The trilogy isn't perfect of course, but it's easy to find good in there.

Now with these new movies, I just see some light shows and explosions, waiting for it to be over. I thought I was sanitized to action movies, but I still enjoyed, say, Avengers and (I'm gonna get flak for this) BvS action sequences, even if they weren't my favorites. In TFA I was just bored though most of the action sequences (with the exception being the Ton-Fa wielding stormtrooper).

So now we have
>no character development
>overpowered main characters
>sub-par action (to me anyways)
>if there's any plot, it's invisible so far

Them constantly inserting more diversity bugs me somewhat, but even if the original Trilogy had a female in the place of Luke Skywalker I'd still love it (though I doubt a female could pull off Han Solo)

These new movies are bad, and diversity is not why, it's just another detail that feels forced.
>>
>>67979244
>First, the main character seems edgy, rebel, etc, that automatically makes her not a Mary Sue.
Being an edgy rebel isn't a flaw especially when everyone loves you for it.
>>
>>67967284
>he's mad because women are getting the good roles

please go back to 1916
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 980x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 980x490
Oh, where's Disney's blonde female protagonist?
>>
File: 653819305158063144.jpg (91 KB, 412x594) Image search: [Google]
653819305158063144.jpg
91 KB, 412x594
>we will never see Lucas's live action TV series starring Madonna about the fall of Jedi after episode 3

Why even live Bros.
>>
>>67967641
>loli android
Bishop?
>>
File: Rogue_One6.png (834 KB, 1365x577) Image search: [Google]
Rogue_One6.png
834 KB, 1365x577
I'm fine with a female protag as long as they have flaws and are actually characters and not just a asskicking moving plotline

But I feel like you all are really overreacting about female protagonists, like shit guys it's not THAT serious
But considering this is a 1 time movie from what we can tell, we're probably not going to see her again
>>
>>67968406
>my masculinity is so fragile
I can't believe you came right out and said it
>>
>>67967732
Your not going to see her beaten to a pulp. She's not going to have to train to become better. Her only flaw is she's rebellious. All males will die before her in easy ways.

That's just the start.
>>
File: 1418292769620.png (838 KB, 722x1031) Image search: [Google]
1418292769620.png
838 KB, 722x1031
why isn't she a black woman?
>>
>>67980981
Like can you even imagine how batshit this would have been? Instead we get this by the numbers retro stuff targeted at teen girls.
>>
>>67968675
>Yeah, your masculinity IS fragile.
toxic femininity, everybody
>>
>>67969024
>they literally can't. put 10 men and 10 women(just pick at random from wherever) into a cage, have them fight to the death until 1 person is left. It's going to be a man every single time,
intensify that, put a team of random 10 men against a team of random 10 women, you're gonna have 10 men alive everytime
>>
>>67981071
You've missed the point entirely. Enjoy having agenda's shoved down your throat.
>>
>>67967454
for fuck's sake, THOSE SHOES!!
>>
File: 1460056930636.jpg (6 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1460056930636.jpg
6 KB, 251x251
>>67980820
She's off not wearing her fucking blue skin costume in the upcoming X-mens movie. FFS Raven, plz. You're not that fucking important
>>
File: 04743346.jpg (21 KB, 1006x513) Image search: [Google]
04743346.jpg
21 KB, 1006x513
>>67978860
>>
>>67967284
even worse they are making star war similar to marvel disney movies.

That is disgusting.
>>
File: glasses.jpg (56 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
56 KB, 600x450
you people are so fucking predictable. as fragile
as every SJW youre so quick
to condemn. if not worse.
>>
>>67975366
>he forgot that rogue 1 is this december and next december is episode 8
>>
>>67976728
Scene is from Alien Resurrection, Ripley throws a bball with one hand over her back without looking.
Alien resurrection isnt considered good.
Alien and Aliens are the great two films.
>>
>>67983804

I'm glad you came out of your safe space long enough to tell us that.
>>
>>67967732

Because, like most higher primates, we notice patterns.
>>
>>67984186
or just that MRAs love to decry females even when they have no evidence or purpose for it
>>
>>67969954
found the feminist

fuck off cunt

Maybe Poe will have a larger role and they will work hand in hand to accomplish the goal, making up for each other's weaknesses. THAT I would have no problem with

What I, and people ITT, oppose is the idea of an unstoppable Mary Sue coming in and just doing no wrong, with no character flaws, saving the day for 2 hours straight

Honestly I though Poe was going to be the lead in this movie. Even if he did he'll probably turn out gay anyway for fucks sakes

almost DROPPED
>>
>Disney have made the pre3uels look the height of kino
>>
>>67984126
>can't address the argument
>better call him a cuck or a redditor or imply he's from tumblr

why so predictable?
>>
Was Donnie Yen in the trailer? Looked like it briefly but I couldnt tell.
>>
>>67984681
>ur so fragile
>gets shittalked
>ur so predictable

nice going man, great posts
>>
>>67984850
Sorry you're triggered by fictional characters that aren't white men. Hopefully you'll give your therapist a lot to discuss this week.

Me and the rest of the non-sperg world are psyched for the return of the based OT aesthetic, and dope supporting actors. Stay mad.
>>
>>67967284
How is it like Hunger Games?
>>
File: 1857484.jpg (58 KB, 638x425) Image search: [Google]
1857484.jpg
58 KB, 638x425
Damn son.

She seems like the kind of girl you meet at an obscure film festival some time in October and hit it off with, resulting in a makeout session and subsequent sex in a bathroom stall but no real contact after.

You run into her, a few years later, she's run down and depressed because the two of you never really talked beyond that point, and you don't know if you want to try anything now because you feel like you'd lose the magic of it.

She seems like that kind of girl.
>>
>>67967284
They know Star Wars fans will eat anything they shit out so why not target other demos?

Get ready for this film to break a billion. Disney wins again!
>>
>making Kyle Katarn a woman

Why? Why cant blacks women and gays make their own shit? Why are they forced to hijack things while bitching about how a Egyptian actor played an Egyptian character instead of some WE WUZ KINGZ N SHEEIT actor or "omg another white straight male lead"

This is so stupid
>>
>>67984681

I'm sorry, what argument? Bitching about other people bitching? Wow some fucking argument.

But that's all you got, because you're a fucking cult that can't into logic, and can only traffic in bullshit, so all you deserve is to be spit upon and held in contempt and mocked.
>>
>>67984287

Theres no evidence or purpose to that very statement.
>>
Is that woman going to be the silver armor soldier woman from the last movie? Or that one non canon but made canon female bounty hunter?

I feel like this is some bad guy woman and this movie is going to be her origin story..
Thread replies: 244
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.