[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just saw this, and while looking up theories and shit, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So I just saw this, and while looking up theories and shit, and for some reason people keep going on incredibly dumb tangents about how "It" only takes the form of victims despite it being stated and shown otherwise.

One thing that sticks out for me is people saying Greg had a sexual relationship with his mom, because it appears as his mom before killing him and then rapes him to death. However, everyone is a fucking moron because we see Greg's mom in one scene near the beginning and it's not her. It's Hugh's mom, the guy who gives Jay the curse at first, whom we see when they go to his house.

Yet EVERYONE keeps saying, in all theories and overviews it's Greg's mom, even the fucking wikipedia synopsis.

Also everyone keeps saying the guys from the boat show up, yet we never see any of those boat guys close up to be able to tell if they're the old man on the roof later or the man throwing the shit into the pool. I've also seen people just outright state the man at the end throwing shit in the pool was taking the form of her father despite NOTHING in the film showing or hinting this.

What about this movie makes everyone go fucking retarded when trying to understand it?
>>
>>67964878
Trying to apply internal logic to something that simply doesn't have it can lead to some stupid places.

I like that It Follows got made independently on a small budget and got attention but goddamn is it a weakass movie. There's nothing worse than shit horror that gets excused for being 'deeper' than the rest.
>>
clunge
>>
>>67964878
You're over analysing a basic flick reddit. You sound like a fag tbqh.
>>
>>67964878
>>>/tv/
>>>>reddit
>>
>>67964878
why do people overthink this literal teen slasher so much?
can't blame them though, it really was one of the best horror films in years, and it sucked.
>>
>>67964878
>taking the form of her father despite NOTHING in the film showing or hinting this.

actually it is in the film, there's a family picture where you can see him. also explains the way she reacts upon seeing him.
>>
>>67964878

The one guy flat-out says it takes the form of loved ones.

Her father. Her friend.
>>
>>67964878
But you do have concrete proof its her dad from the family photo. Plus its extremely heavily implied by her reaction
>>
>>67964878
>this movie makes everyone go fucking retarded
i disagree. i think those people you are mentioning were retarded to begin with.
>>
>>67964878
You're the one going on incredibly dumb tangents. Why do you continue to argue it, when nowhere in the film does it say it only takes the form of victims?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.