[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Sheev Palpatine the greatest tactical mastermind that ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1459981636491.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
1459981636491.gif
2 MB, 438x363
Is Sheev Palpatine the greatest tactical mastermind that ever lived?

>assumed the office of senator for Naboo by legal means
>orchestrated a full scale war to destabilize the galaxy
>got Queen Amidala to call for a vote of no confidence in his favor
>became chancellor of the republic via legal means
>installed his own apprentice as the head of the separatists to ensure neither would get the upper hand
>created a clone army for one side and a robot army for the other
>forcing both sides of the conflict to spend and borrow money until the galactic banking clans were bankrupted
>put Anakin on the Jedi council to undermine the authority of Yoda and Windu
>turned Anakin into the destroyer of the order through intense manipulation and assuming a father role to the boy
>this shit took him over 40 years of meticulous planning and he never once missed a beat
>no matter how hard either side fight Sheev had already won from day one
>played the entire galaxy like a fiddle

Fucking BRAVO, Sheev. Has there EVER been a villain in any work of fiction this dedicated?
>>
For all the complaints about the politics in the prequels, Palpatine's plotting went a long way as far as making the prequels less of a generic sci-fi story.
>>
File: Flanders.png (67 KB, 200x155) Image search: [Google]
Flanders.png
67 KB, 200x155
technically that's a strategic, not a tactical, mastermind
>>
>>67963996
You're an idiot if you don't understand the amount of tactical understanding it must have required.
>Tactics, from the Ancient Greek ταkτιkή taktike meaning "the art of arrangement", is a conceptual action implemented as one or more specific tasks. The term is commonly used in business, political and military contexts.
>>
no, nute gunray is. i can't wait till we get a new solo film of him
>>
File: 1328276442526.jpg (128 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1328276442526.jpg
128 KB, 1024x768
>>67963893
All thanks to this guy.
>>
>>67964864
>MUH DARTH JAR JAR

get out reedddiot
>>
>>67964864
Was he a beta male of his species? You can see those ones in their city with some kind of mustache thing. Or was he just too young? Also, why does their king looks like an entirely different species?
>>
>>67964988
Did you watch the god damned movie, faggot, he convinced the senate give sheev unlimited power over the galaxy, Jar Jar is morally responsible for everything bad that happens after that.
>>
>>67965135
I think that he was mentally deficient.

>why does their king looks like an entirely different species
That's a really good question, I guess he was that planet's Jabba the hutt.
>>
>>67963893
It's all very impressive, but surely there must've been an easier way of going about things.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>>67965135
The king, Boss Nass, was from a long line of royal Nasses before him who only reproduced within thier bloodline for hundreds of years. Also he's fat.
>>
>>67965274
He looks like an old retarded pepe.
>>
>>67965135
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ankura/Legends

Boss Nass was an Ankura, a different race of the same species.
>>
File: 1446555485775.jpg (131 KB, 485x458) Image search: [Google]
1446555485775.jpg
131 KB, 485x458
>>67965137
>implying the senate holds no responsibility for going along with Jar Jar's suggestion.
>>
>>67963893
People who bitch about the politics of the prequels are pleb as fuck. Sheev's rise to power is better than anything in the OT.
>>
>>67965306
>Ankurans made up a relatively small percentage; however, they long maintained a strong presence on the Council
That reminds me of certain race of humans...
>>
>>67963893
Wasn't it all Darth Plagueis's plan?
>>
>>67965303
>Boss Nass was the first Pepe
George Lucas truly is a visionary.
>>
>>67965740
actually, it was bane's
>>
>>67965306
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ankura/Legends
>Skin Color: Green
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Color/Legends

I fucking love autismpedia
>>
>>67963893
literally what is happening on Brazilian politics.
you guys should check it out, it's way better than House of cards
>>
>>67964864
After watching the YouTube video and the actor all but saying jar jar was gonna be a sith Lord.

I think it could of made the prequels GOAT tier
>>
>>67963893
Yeah but Sheev got beat by iREBEL stealing a flashdrive.
>>
"vote of no confidence" is a phrase that should never be heard in a space fantasy action flick for children
>>
>>67967214
>TO COMPLICATED REEEEE
>>
>>67967283
they just want a

>TURNS YOUR BRAINS OFF XD

film
>>
>>67965673
Literally space jews
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.