[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
heard a lot about the ending sucking before i watched this, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: share.jpg (121 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
share.jpg
121 KB, 1200x750
heard a lot about the ending sucking before i watched this, but i just brushed it aside consider in you retards never get anything right.

but damn if i couldn't see where you faggots are coming from. didn't ruin the movie, but boy did it bring it down a bit. makes it worse that the rest of the movie was so great.

What do you think happened to the his daughter? Infected?

10 Cloverfield Lane thread.
>>
shit flick tbhwy
>>
>>67962492
Saw the movie a month ago. Unless my memory is spotty, wasn't the daughter a lie, or at least, up in the air?

Also, I didn't have a problem with the ending.
>>
>>67962492
I don't think anyone feels like the last 10 minutes ruined the film. The shitty out of place quipping, action sequence, and stronk womyn warrior bit were awful, but they don't discount the perfect fucking performance that Goodman turned in.

Hell, all three of them really knocked it out of the park in that bunker. It's just... man, the original ending was going to be so much better.

>she escapes by shooting Goodman in the knee, but he's alive
>he shouts after her to be careful
>she runs out into the world and comes across a city skyline
>the whole place is destroyed, just... ruins everywhere with no signs of life
>what caused it? ambiguous. is there an airborne virus? fallout? uncertain
>she stares at the devastation for a moment then takes off the gas mask
>last shot are of her lips breathing in
>roll credits

Instead we got her quipping to the camera "you gotta be kiddin' me!" then MacGuyvering up a molotov cocktail to throw mid-air into a spaceship vagina mouth, before driving off to be an intergalactic soldier.

What a fucking waste.
>>
How are the aliens so primal when they supposedly created aircrafts that can travel the universe?
>>
>>67962625
that original ending has a problem: it's not a fucking ending.

this is just another JJ flick where the storytelling is literally all just a sequence of engaging yet disconnected scenes leading to whatever ending he could pull out of his ass. I don't know why anyone expects anything else out of him at this point.
>>
>>67962625
To be fair if the movie wasn't tied to cloverfield it would get 0 hype and average reviews. It's not particularly executed well but since it has the cloverfield name a lot of people overlook it and elevate it to something else. Without that and the ending obviously tying it in it's just okay at best.
>>
File: 11776935~01.jpg (37 KB, 405x341) Image search: [Google]
11776935~01.jpg
37 KB, 405x341
>>67962492
He never had a daughter.

I doubt he ever even fucked a real woman that he didn't have handcuffed to his bed hopped up on horse tranquilizers.

Also the ending didn't really ruin anything for me, I thought of it as a bonus scene.
>>
>>67963105
you realize that Abrams neither wrote nor directed this movie, right?
>>
>>67963114
Cloverfield got pretty mediocre reviews

The name was obviously a gimmick to get people into the theater, but the critical reception is obviously due to the movie's own merits.
>>
>>67963369
You do realize shut the fuck up nerd right?
>>
There's a lot of feet in this movie
>>
>>67963369
>implying JJ didn't come up with the new ending which is what we were fucking discussion
>>
I literally threw my bucket of popcorn across the cinema once it ended.

whomever decided on that ending should never be allowed to work in film, ever again.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.