[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The more I watch the finale the more I fall in love with it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 18
The more I watch the finale the more I fall in love with it. Honestly a terrific season
>>
show is goddamn terrible, I'm embarrassed for you
>>
>You got that medal for killing jews?

What did negan mean by this? There weren't even any jews around, just zombies
>>
>>67961424
This. Everytime I hear "it's the best season yet", it pisses me off. It's all shite.
>>
>there are people on this planet that not only still watch this piece of shit show, they actually go back and rewatch it
>>
>>67961495
Not my favorite nor the best yet. I just really liked it
>>
>>67961409
I agree, the show in general it's still kinda slow, but this season has been very very good.
>>
Thought the cliffhanger was well done too. I think the backlash online is pretty god damn pathetic.
>>
Why are all major evil characters in this show white? It's very patronizing towards african american (POC) actors, who are just as capable of being evil as whites are.
>>
>>67961561
AMC pussied out.
>>
File: file.png (280 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
file.png
280 KB, 500x482
That's kinda gay my man.
>>
Blueballing people with the cliffhanger was a mistake.
>>
>>67961574
Is this a parody of what some people saying about the leaders all being white? If so, can I get a sauce on that?

I overheard someone actually say this the other day, and now I'm wondering if it was their thought or if they read it somewhere
>>
File: 1423000488655.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1423000488655.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
Contrarians now pretending to like a shitshow with worst finale in recent memory which everybody hates.
>>
>>67961574
Neegan is Native American if im not mistaken.
>>
File: file.png (120 KB, 307x307) Image search: [Google]
file.png
120 KB, 307x307
>>
I wish they'd shown the scene in full. In truth I hope the first scene of the season 7 opener is this scene replayed and then leading in straight to who is getting hit. Just because any other way is just going to feel really strange and disjointed.
>>
File: file.png (153 KB, 307x307) Image search: [Google]
file.png
153 KB, 307x307
>>67961756
>>
>>67961796
PEEP
>>
File: woooo2.png (486 KB, 1065x724) Image search: [Google]
woooo2.png
486 KB, 1065x724
who /negan/ here?

pic related is me, I'm negan
>>
>>67962034
He certainly rallied up the songbirds to be in his group first.
>>
>>67961927
NEGEN
>>
>>67961680
Sucks don't it? The moment you realize you can't censor me when I don't follow your bitter cuck hivemind.
>>
>>67961787
It won't be though. They'll pull some bullshit 3 month jump ahead and they'll be super careful about only showing a few characters so you're slowly ruling people out.
>>
It wasn't a bad finale. It was done pretty well. It was just disrespectful as fuck to not show who got killed. That's what everyone knew the whole second half of the season was leading to.
>>
>>67962651

This.

I agree with OP. The more I watch the episode now that I'm not just thinking "hurry up and get to the kill", the more i enjoy it. Ending was disrespectful and a pure marketing ploy to keep viewers watching till season 7, but eh
>>
>>67961574
Governor was supposed to be Mexican but they casted a white guy. He really elevated the role.
>>
Won't there be conclusive evidence as to who was the killed off character when filming starts next month or so?
>>
Should've cast a super manlet as Negan. Like Joe Rogan. Have him write half the Negan dialouge too. Go full meme.
>>
>>67962651
Well, Rick and Carl can be counted out. I know they live. I tried looking at the campfire light on Negan to try and see where he is standing compared to each person. It's hard to say.
>>
>>67961796
Like a young Powers Booth.
>>
>>67961796
Needs some Za warudo, famula.
>>
>>67963378
> not having Joe play himself and make the team play fear factor to decide while he's muttering about kettlebells
>>
>>67964518
Haha he'd probably startclmmentating the fight scenes
>>
>>67961666

you mean like they do pretty much every season

yeah shit's getting old
>>
>>67961409
Honestly the worst season finale in an incredible overrated show made for plebs.
>>
if you guys think this is the worst finale, remember season 3

at least this one was tense as fuck
>>
File: 1316423978813.png (4 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1316423978813.png
4 KB, 400x400
>>67961409
SERIOUSLY

HOPE
>>
>>67962651
>It was just disrespectful as fuck to not show who got killed
like GoT.......
>>
>>67961409
Can you please discuss this back on reddit? Thanks
>>
>>67964040
>implying AMC even thought about that sort of stuff

Everyone looking at the POV scene to figure out who died is seriously overestimating AMC. It's probably Glenn, because it was him in the comic and the scene was a fairly faithful adaptation.
>>
>>67961409
let's be honest it was fucking lame, much like the entire show now. There was nothing remotely threatening about his portrayal, take away his bat and he just looks like a dude in a leather jacket. The whole cliffhanger was pathetic and a complete cop-out.
>>
Its gonna be one of the scrubs. They don't have the balls to kill off Glenn or Daryl
>>
>>67961409

Show has a countless amount of bad stuff throughout the entire series. Despite that, I really enjoyed season 6 and 5.
Negan is a beast of a villain.

>S3
>S4
We all know these sucked ass, the rest of the show is decent.
>>
>>67961409
it was meh
>>
>>67966451
Take away his bat and he's a towering intelligent charming mad man with an army of mad men. You are gay.
>>
>>67961480
Jews just suck blood, they don't eat brains.
>>
>so he killed glenn right
>>
File: 1308833102098.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1308833102098.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>67961480
You're thinking of this scene.
>>
I want him to ram it in someone's ass.
>>
>>67966633
how in any way did he come across 'mad'? the entire scene was boring.

>towering intelligent charming mad man

sounds like you are the gay one, dude - bet you'd like to spend some time alone with him and his big 'bat'.
>>
>>67964040
You can see the shadow of Carl's hat on Negan as he swings though.
>>
>>67964805
At least Andrea died. Fuck that cunt.
>>
>>67966925
>posting meme theories
>>
File: maxp857.png (121 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
maxp857.png
121 KB, 256x256
>>67961796
It looks like a face texture file for a game.
>>
File: reeeee.png (145 KB, 451x522) Image search: [Google]
reeeee.png
145 KB, 451x522
>>67962539
>>
>>67966925
>>67966980
According to the comic I think it is gless, but at this point it is anyones guess. It is just a ploy to get everyone speculated, thus advertising.

>>67966959
I hated her almost as much as Whorey Lorey

Also that autism kid that got munched was insufferable.
>>
>>67961409
Apart from a few hiccups and the last 10 seconds of the finale it's easily been the best season of TWD since the first.
>>
File: 1445444404015.jpg (39 KB, 483x507) Image search: [Google]
1445444404015.jpg
39 KB, 483x507
The show just isn't good. It's poorly plotted out and it's clear the only thing they really care about is ratings, sometimes I get the feeling they're making the story up as they go along.

There were so many moments fueled by stupidity this season. Carol's entire arc. The Wolves being basically forgotten now. That one episode I think last week when every single major player when out of Alexandria to look for Carol, leaving the entire place open for attack. The convenient cop-outs: Daryl having a rocket launcher just when the Saviors first show up, etc. And the finale, holy shit...

Nevermind that Rick and his crew killed dozens of Negan's army, all of which were heavily armed, but now he's got a hundred more soldiers armed to the teeth as well. Not only that, but they're somehow able to predict exactly when Rick's gonna go to Hilltop and conveniently block all the roads in a very dramatic style. Not only that, but these guys that were getting slaughtered just a while ago are now omnipotent and unbeatable and they've got infinite resources and they're everywhere.

And they did the suspenseful death scene THREE TIMES this season alone. First with Glenn under the dumpster, which they then took weeks to reveal was a lie, then Daryl getting shot but not really dying and being absolutely fine apparently, and now the finale. It's like they wanna shock the viewer but have no idea what the fuck they're gonna do after that, and so you have a show that's only consistent for being terribly inconsistent.

I still watch it whenever it's on because it takes an hour of my time per week and I'm not gonna pretend I have better things to do, but to call it a "good show" is an offense to writers who actually give a shit.
>>
>>67961574
In the comics, Governor is half-Mexican and Negan is half-something if I recall.

Kirkman said race doesn't effect the choics, it's simply who actor auditioned the best and captured the character.
>>
File: 1459465621026.jpg (109 KB, 535x488) Image search: [Google]
1459465621026.jpg
109 KB, 535x488
>"OOGA BOOGA NIGGER, WANT A FACE FULL OF BAT YOU DUMB FUCKING APE!?
I was visibly upset, why was there no controversy over this?
>>
Trevor was more menacing and charismatic than Negan
>>
>>67961787
Hopefully, Gimple is smart enough to show who got Lucilled immediately during the cold opener.

The fact he said he already have season seven planned is worrisome. So, again, hopefully Gimple reevaluate whatever he had planned.

Gimple if the season finale didn't receive backlash would have added a week/month timeskip with Negan at the gates of Alexandria demanding supplies, then que flashback of [character] getting Lucilled.
>>
So was the "Screwedy screw" correct, or did he actually swear?
>>
>>67961409
why didn't they just move slightly out of the way from the bat?
Why did Negan go for a straight swoop onto their head rather than a full out stretched swing? Was it is first time using a melee weapon?
>>
>>67962651
This.

For a season finale, it was good. I didn't mind the build up leading to Negan and Carol plus Morgan scenes.

They insulted the fandom because of the cliffhanger and that's where the hatred is coming from. They hyped up Negan so much throughout the backhalf only for him to do a lengthy monologue and opted for a "Guess who dies" cliffhanger, missing the point of the Lucille scene in the comics.

Kirkman said they skipped volume fifteen where they rebuild Alexandria and opted for a two month timeskip because it would have taken two entire episodes to fill up. And now I wish they would have shown the aftermath of the Walker attack. At least, it would have mitigated and balanced out Negan's hype some.
>>
>>67963303
Yes. Gimple acknowledged that in an interview and said he'll try his best to become more secretive on set when filming starts.
>>
>>67968377
He pretty much said nothing but 'shit'. "You are fucked" was replaced with "you are pegged."
>>
File: louie_ck3.jpg (297 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
louie_ck3.jpg
297 KB, 750x500
>>67968556
>you are pegged.
>>
>>67964040
Except they made a goof/error and you can see Carl's shadow, purportedly.

They're going to refilm the sequence according to Nicotero because the Lucille scene was a two night shot. First night was solely JDM giving his monologue and hitting Lucille on some sort of rig. And the second night was with the actors who had to pretend JDM was with them. Nicotero said JDM has to fly back to NYC coz of his other show.
>>
>>67967635
>this

I'm just waiting to see if they even incorporate shiva, I wanna see a tiger mauling zombies and people to death
>>
>>67967635
>Nevermind that Rick and his crew killed dozens of Negan's army, all of which were heavily armed, but now he's got a hundred more soldiers armed to the teeth as well
Around sixty, at best.

And that was the point. Nobody know how many people are in Negan's army. Rick underestimated that fact because he thought he was Top Gun and can take out anybody.

Otherwise, I agree with everything else you said.
>>
>>67968377
Gotta buy the BDs, anon.
>>
File: CfRRlQxXEAAqs2O.jpg (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
CfRRlQxXEAAqs2O.jpg
29 KB, 480x480
RIP Aaron. Another homo bites the dust.
>>
>>67969941
FACE MOLD
BASED NGAN KILLING FAGS
>>
>>67966670

>Jason Alexander was not cast as Negan

How could they fuck this up?
>>
>>67961409
I liked it too, OP
>>
>>67968466
Negan clearly said if anyone moved or intervened then he would cut out Carl's other eye. Even if you dodged Lucille, you have 100 men surrounding you with weapons. Whoever he picked was screwed.
>>
>>67969941
False. This photo was posted about a month in advance of the finale filming.
>>
>>67969941
he was a good boy

he didn't do nothing
>>
eeny meeny miny moe,
catch a nigger by the toe,
if he squeals, let him go,
enny meeny miny moe.

Whats with this tiger tail shit?
>>
>i am gonna beat the holy shit out of you, sir

that was so transphobic i cried the entire night. what if male-presenting character identified as a woman?
>>
>>67970279
Literally this.
>>
File: hF9ftEI.jpg (240 KB, 901x937) Image search: [Google]
hF9ftEI.jpg
240 KB, 901x937
>>67964040
Just a theory tho , but the lighting might be correct. I think it's either Glenn or Abraham.
>>
It's a different show now basically.

The world is rebuilt, there's some actual law of the land. Trade and economy are happening. They are not alone anymore.
>>
While I agree they very clearly blue balled us with that ending I think the build up showing rick finally realizing how fucked they are and how much they had underestimated the level of control the saviors had over the area was great. Ricks utter shock and awe at shit and realization that as far as his group had come they were still nothing in tje wider world. I also liked jdm as negan and im pretty stoked to see how he plays out going into the next season. I think not having read the comic has made it easier for me to not have certain expectations for the character or the direction of the show. Still that cliffhanger was like a kick to the balls and reeks of shitty planning.
>>
>>67966670
KEK

my sides famalam
>>
>>67971000
>implying AMC gives one shit about continuity.
They're going to kill whoever the fuck they want. They might even have negan actually saying different lines and shit. Just like with everybody completely ignoring the little boy crying for his mom cliffhanger from the midseason finale.
>>
>>67971792
Although most likely it will be aaron solely based on the fact his shirt is so red he might just as well have been wearing the actual starfleet uniform.
>>
>>67971830
>TWD takes back the redshirt trope by wrecking everyone but
>Saves television

Kirkman is kino
>>
>>67971890
>Aaron goes on to become the new leader of Alexandria. Out to revenge the killing of his friends and buttbuddy.
>Totally wrecks negan and the saviours with his gay tactics.
>>
File: 1459973383908.jpg (65 KB, 659x702) Image search: [Google]
1459973383908.jpg
65 KB, 659x702
Why is JDM so literally perfect?
>>
He killed Eugene.

That's why they made a point to have him give Rick the info to make bullets.

He's also the most expendable (and less popular) one that was in that group.
>>
>>67972368
>Falling for the obvious 'eugene had a heroic goodbye so he'll die' bait.
It's too obvious. Besides they'll have a whole story arc with Eugene paying the price for betraying them to the saviours.
>>
I had the opposite reaction. The more I re-watched, the more its flaws began to show. Having the whole thing end with some fart-in-the-wind cliffhanger overshadows the whole introduction and negates the threat Negan represents. At the end, there is very little payoff for the audience to justify 10+ minutes of a rambling monologue that really isn't well-written or even well-acted. I expected Negan to be more hyperactive, more bullyish, and less-stable than how JDM portrayed him. Maybe he was afraid of going down a more hyperactive route because Heath Ledger's Joker has loomed over villain portrayals for years.

Overall it was pretty shitty. Rick somehow managed to give a more engaging performance with his "JUST" face.
>>
>>67972457
He betrayed them? I thought the whole point was for Eugene to go ahead, then the saviors pull the van over, storm it, realize no one is inside and draw the conclusion they're somewhere in the woods. So they go scouting for them, find them, then tell everyone else where to set up down the way.
>>
>>67971792
>Just like with everybody completely ignoring the little boy crying for his mom cliffhanger from the midseason finale.

WTF was with that shit? Big cliffhanger and then poof nothing even happened. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the whole ending was just Daryl or Maggie's fevered hallucination.
>>
>>67972368
>He's also the most expendable (and less popular) one that was in that group
Maggie is some half-dead pregnant race-mixer and Aaron's job as designated semen-slurper doesn't help a community all that much. Eugene is probably the least expendable person there because he actually knows shit.
>>
File: at last i truly see.jpg (4 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
at last i truly see.jpg
4 KB, 240x180
>>67971792
>They're going to kill whoever the fuck they want

MFW they're going to kill Negan
>>
>>67961409
>someone's gotta pay for pearl harbor
I thought this was over the line and kind of gave away who gets the bat, so why not show it?
>>
>>67972839
>Eugene is probably the least expendable person there because he actually knows shit.
Does he? He claims to know how to manufacture bullets but he also claimed to have the cure for the zombie apocalypse. I think he's just a big fat pathological liar.
>>
>>67973228
Racist Negan would be fun.

>Get Jackie Chan back in line, Dwight
>I ain't growing a garden and the cotton ain't gonna pick itself
>Make fun of Rick and Abraham's jungle fever
>Make fun of Rick for running the Diversity Squad (asian, latina, two negresses, homosexual guy)
>Asks if there are any people in the line who voted Democrat because that'd make it easier for him to pick
>>
>>67973388
Honestly super surprised they haven't come across any racist groups, even a basic Klan type deal I mean they are in the south. Merle called t dog a nigger in episode 2
>>
>>67973468
The show's probably written by nothing but leftist douchebags who faint at the whiff of just a little good old-fashioned racial humor
>>
I'm surprised they haven't come across a weird zombie worshiping religious group. Even Z Nation had a group like that.
>>
>>67973468
they're supposed to be near D.C now arent they?
>>
>>67973637
That's because z nation knows zombies are ridiculous and plays off of that with more ridiculous situations; its really a superior show and with walking deads budget it could be the greatest show ever created
>>
>>67973719
Ah yes forgot that, but still theres racists everywhere
>>
>>67973719
If anything, there'd be more racist whites around D.C. because that shithole is filled with some of the most feral specimens of the North American pavement ape in all of the country.
>>
>>67973637
The Wolves were kinda like that. On top of purposefully letting people turn, marking them as theirs, and storing them in trucks, they said some pretty weird shit.
>What's the W for?
>You know, the first settlers here, they put bounties on wolves' heads. Brought the natives into it. Made them hunt them. Didn't take them too long to kill them all. They're back now. Thoughts?
>Everything gets a return.

>I want everything you have. Every last drop. I'm taking you, too. And you're not exactly gonna be alive. Some of the tribes around here, they thought that the first people were wolves transformed into men. And now, well, you know. Everything gets a return, right?

>We're freeing you. You're trapped. You need to know, people don't belong here anymore.

>I like what you said before. That I wasn't born this way. You're right. I changed. And now I want to help you change.
It's difficult to know what the hell their deal was, but it almost seemed like they thought walkers were humans returning to their natural state and ascending to a higher form of existence. I was hoping they'd give us a little more development on that, but then they got BTFO in the invasion.
>>
>>67974183
Kind of hope they make a return; they are a lot larger group than first thought. The original stuff they add is sometimes a lot better than the comics; ie terminus
>>
>>67961680
Easily best season. Just thought about it and thats the worst finale.
>>
>>67973326
Yeah whats up with Eugene being some walking survival encyclpaedia? Is it ever explained how he knows this shit without googling it?
>>
>>67974401
>Easily best season.
2 was the best tbqh
>>
>>67974303
>Kind of hope they make a return; they are a lot larger group than first thought.
They might, they made a whole canned food warehouse their home and it seemed like they made a career of raiding settlements like Noah's neighborhood, so there had to be more of them. There couldn't have been more than a dozen raiding Alexandria and Owen jumped the gun in doing so instead of waiting for a more opportune time to get antibiotics for his infected wound, maybe the rest back home wouldn't participate yet and are still alive.

It would be kinda interesting if they came back because part of the Sabior's arrangement with settlements is "protection," they probably wouldn't take kindly to a bunch of mentally ill savages trying to raid a settlement under Saviors control.
>>
>>67974183
I honestly couldn't believe that was just it. They could have gone way more in depth with the wolves. The W corpses and bodyparts were lying around for like a whole season. With all the traps they set they seemed pretty organized. And then they all just get shot when the climb over the wall. No backstory no info no anything. Damn.
>>
>>67974303
I can see them being Whisperers or affiliated with the Whisperers.
>Wolves are led by an Alpha
>It's like poetry
>>
>>67962539
pepe pants city time
>>
>>67974601
That's life though. Sometimes you just never figured something out.
>>
>>67975142
>that's life
But it's not; it's tv
>>
>this season
>good
what the fuck are you talking about

6 seasons in and these people sometimes still do irrational shit

so fucking annoying
>>
>>67961409
>the more people shit on it, the more my /tv/ contrarian urges take hold of me and this is "terrific season"""""""honestly""""'

literally the Post
>>
>>67961409
>Honestly a terrific season
I agree, except for the jump scares.

This season had more fucking jump scares than DOOM 3.

I grew up in the woods of Georgia, even in thick parts you can see when something is approaching. I know that TWD is fiction, and they get lots of things wrong, but seriously they put way too many "sneak attacks" into this season.

Even worse is how obvious they are in setting up:
>good guy looks right, looks left
>camera zooms in on face
>good guy starts to turn and.....
>walkers out of literally nowhere!

Every. Single. Time. A little creativity is all I ask.
>>
>>67967012
>not sure if farm sim texture..
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.