[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man, IDGAF what you guys say. The force awakens was a pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ren.gif (1 MB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
ren.gif
1 MB, 245x150
Man, IDGAF what you guys say. The force awakens was a pretty great film, Kylo Ren was also a great villain, he's obviously "one" of the villains, the main one, but I thought Adam Driver did a great job, he can act emotionally and not for one second did I think that he was acting.

My favorite scene in the movie is the forest, and I'd say he was my favorite character. I loved it when he yelled TRAITOR!!! and then..

>that lightsaber..... it belongs to ME

seriously tho it was great.
>>
I Don't Get All Films?
>>
>>67961183
haha epic, and clever. i like it.
>>
I enjoyed watching it on blu ray at home amongst myself and able to talk aloud. My first experience was on opening night and I didn't have the best theatre experience (super tired, drank a bit at the bar, awkward Hispanic guy next to us in line, had no idea what kindve movie he was seeing). That being said I loved it. I do wish tho, that I had just witnessed some of the those iconic shots in theatre first instead of the trailers.

I adore Rey. Just a wonderfully curious, charismatic and involving character. This film was more about the adventure and journey than the moments really, which is why I think Hans death or some of the stakes or scenes didn't land as hard as they could have. That being said it felt great to watch a movie that didn't barrel exposition on me, and I could just experience it.

Episode 8 is in great hands.
>>
>>67961091
Kylo Ren being good doesn't mean the whole film was good. I liked Kylo Ren as well, but Rey and her cringey as fuck acting and britbong accent and Maz Kanata ruined it.
>>
>>67961091
Went to the midnight premiere - 3/10

Watched it recently 5/10

It's dogshit. KYS
>>
I really liked it. I watched all 6 of the older movies before and after Episode 7 (I was hyped before, and after seeing it the hype carried over). I still would say my definitive order, from best to worst, is
V > IV > VII ≥ VI > III > I > II

I really liked Kylo Ren, and wish he had more screentime. I really liked Poe, too. Finn was a better character than I was expecting, whereas Rey was about what I was expecting.

My only complaint with it was, really, the lack of older characters. You'd see R2, and C3PO, and obviously Han and Chewie, but it seemed like they were either thrown in to say "see, here they are!" and forgotten, or as reluctant sidekicks. I assume it was due to age, but Ford didn't really *do* much.
Also it's weird that there was, what, 5 minutes of lightsaber duels in the whole movie? Finn vs Ren lasted way too short, as did Rey vs Ren. Darth Maul fighting Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan lasted a good chunk of time, as did the desert duel with those 3. Episode 2 went overboard with the lightsaber duels. Episode 3 had some here and there, with the climactic one at the end.
>>
>>67961091
I bought it on Blu Ray and my girlfriend and I watched it and we adore it. Saw it in the theater 7 times (i had too because i wanted to be the one in my social group to see it the most).

Saw it in iMax 3 times, in the ultra AVX once and in a regular theater 3 times.

I also purchased a Kylo Ren, Rey, Finn and Captain Phasma pop figure and bought the Lego Star Wars Episode 7 video game, which I recently completed 100%.

I guess if you couldn't tell, I'm a big fan! Ha ha ha =)
>>
>>67961091

Good for you.

You can actually enjoy a film.

I liked it myself
>>
>>67961091
>a great villain, he's obviously "one" of the villains, the main one
But that's wrong. He's the secondary protagonist.
>>
>>67961683
>as did the desert duel with those
I admit my memory is foggy, but I remember that fight only lasting two or three minutes at most while Anakin ran to the ship and they got it started.
>>
Most of the people on this board have agendas against movies, with this movie being a prime example. Arguing with them or even addressing them like they're human is pointless.
>>
>>67961519
/thread
>>
great film? absolutely
great kino? nah
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.