[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got around to watch The Force Awakens. Who the FUCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 37
Finally got around to watch The Force Awakens.

Who the FUCK thought Kylo Ren would be a good antagonist? He's literally Teen Angst - The Character.
>>
>>67960728
some low iq undeveloped manchild that probably thought anakin was a bad character and that the previous villains were too self-assured
>>
File: BBESw1F-1.jpg (386 KB, 1007x663) Image search: [Google]
BBESw1F-1.jpg
386 KB, 1007x663
>>
This is what Lucas wanted vader to be: a villain who turns out to just be a pathetic man with Star Wars telling his redemption.

https://youtu.be/UqLsQClut5c?t=2m34s

Abrams is the true poet now.
>>
That's exactly what Anakin was. Honestly, JJ did just as good at writing Star Wars as Lucas did. TFA should be where we as an audience took a look at Star Wars and said "It's actually not very good at all." It's just like Jupiter Ascending, they can have an interesting universe with ideas that aren't really overdone, but at the end of the day, it ends up being stale and distasteful.
>>
>>67960908
>it's one movie; it's meant to be seen I-VI
Why do so many fucking idiots disagree?
>>
>>67961059
I've never heard anyone disagree with that statement, who are you talking about?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451021791339.jpg (40 KB, 500x648) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451021791339.jpg
40 KB, 500x648
>>
>>67960981
>That's exactly what Anakin was.
No, lol

Kylo Ren is a marvelized, unsophisticated redditors depiction of Anakin
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-13-16-28-51-1.png (812 KB, 1301x1369) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-13-16-28-51-1.png
812 KB, 1301x1369
>>
>>67961321
>No, lol
Yeah, he absolutely was full of teen angst. I think you need to see I-III, clearly you haven't.
>>
>>67961358
Of course he was, but it was much more sophisticated compared to Kylo Ren.

But then again, Kylo is very one-note and comic bookish, so I don't really blame Driver.
>>
>>67962129
>it was much more sophisticated compared to Kylo Ren
It's so sad that people have nostalgia for I-III.
>>
File: Vhbtkyk.jpg (18 KB, 480x467) Image search: [Google]
Vhbtkyk.jpg
18 KB, 480x467
>>67962129
>Murders sandies
>Murders younglings

Cant get much worse than that.
>>
>>67960728
I'll bet you Kylo pulls some hero shit by the end of the trilogy. Some joining forces with Rey to battle Snoke shit or something.
>>
What is Kylo's motivation even? Daddy didn't play catch with him?
>>
>>67962248
> implying Rey needs any help
>>
>>67962129
>separated from parents
>get angsty
>manipulated by Sith Lord
>turn to dark side
If I recall correctly both are pretty much the same except Anakin saw his mommy die which made him more butthurt.
>>
>>67962129
>implying the prequels had sophistication
>implying George Lucas knew what he was doing
>implying George Lucas isn't a hack
>>
>>67962202
It's a shame people still regurgitate stale, meme-based pop culture doctrines intertwined with poor understanding of art/culture and passing them off as a serious assertions
>>
>>67962400
This is some intense butthurt. I watched them last week, they're not good. I'm sorry, George, but "sophisticated?" No.
>>
>>67962248
Yeah. Rey will probably get seduced by the dark side in the next one though.
>>
>>67961059
No it isn't. It's meant to be seen IV-VI then I-III. It ruins the plot if you watch it that way you idiot.
>>
Well isn't kylo a teen?
Fits imo
>>
>>67962387
Didn't Han and Leia send him to be trained by Luke because he was already being an angsty cunt? He doesn't compare to Anakin at all.

>rejected by jedi council
>separated from mother to be trained by them begrudgingly after the guy who believed in you dies
>have visions of mom dying
>find her just in time to watch her die after being raped/tortured by sand niggers
>council continues to shit on you and denies you master status despite constantly talking about how you're the chosen one
>council holds you back from fully tapping into your abilities
>start to have visions of pregnant wife dying
>council tells you you're not allowed to have basic human emotions
>the supreme chancellor's been good to you since arriving on coruscant
>builds you up instead of tearing you down
>encourages you to tap into the full extent of your abilities and claims your wife can be saved by them
>stick to your duty and turn him in regardless when you find out he's a sith
>find hypocritical jedi master ready to execute him
>try to reason with him
>he ignores you and goes for the kill
>stop him at the last second, which leads to his death
>no going back now
>>
>>67962850
I just realized Palpatine did nothing wrong
>>
>>67962532
He's in his 30's.
>>
Will he get battered by some younglings who have also picked up a lightsaber for the first time in the next one?
>>
>>67962305
He's essentially the result of the old "autistic kid caught between divorcing parents resulting in said kid being an angsty faggot easily influenced by older and edgier cool kids" trope.
>>
>>67962387
I can't wait for them to reveal just why he turned to the dark side. It seems shakey enough to me already.
>>
File: sentiment.jpg (122 KB, 845x608) Image search: [Google]
sentiment.jpg
122 KB, 845x608
>>67962305
Snoke has been feeding him the lie of ''Glorious Vader'' since early childhood.
>>
File: han-leia-ben.png (128 KB, 529x661) Image search: [Google]
han-leia-ben.png
128 KB, 529x661
>>67963568
>>
>>67963568
Is Snoke an Emperor Palpy fanboy or what?
>>
>>67963553
Yeah. Non of the characters really established themselves in the movie. Finn especially needs to fleshed out better because I'm just so not buying 'it's the right thing to do'.
>>
>>67963568
>>67963582
hhhahahahah holy fucking christ this is awful

"the dark side and the light"
i'm literally fucking puking

this shit reads like a bad fanfic, Leia and Solo don't act like this. They're fucking normies, they don't give a shit about the force. Snoke is a fucking meme.
>>
File: 24356787654324567.png (852 KB, 1106x449) Image search: [Google]
24356787654324567.png
852 KB, 1106x449
>>67963609
No idea famalam but he`s fucked up.
>>
>>67963674
>this shit reads like a bad fanfic
Yep, that's Star Wars.
>>
>>67960728
He's just "fine tuned" Anakin.
I like Anakin, but he's still OP brat that also throws temper tantrums.
>>
>>67963582
This should have been in the movie
>>
File: 4587654.png (194 KB, 671x432) Image search: [Google]
4587654.png
194 KB, 671x432
>>67963708
No, it shouldn`t have.

They also altered Snoke-Kylo scenes by a large margin, sometimes cutting out an entire chunks.

Probably at the request of Rian Johnson - he also asked for ''little Rey'' scene in the flashback.
>>
>>67963245
Honestly, re-watching the prequels recently the Jedi often come across as dicks and Sheev seems right about a lot of stuff Even when he eventually has his empire he doesn't seem to have malicious intentions. He says he wants peace. The OT made it very black and white, Jedi good/Sith bad, but it's a lot more grey in the prequels, and I think that makes everything a lot more interesting. People are always too busy shitting on the prequels though to give credit to the great things they did.
>>
>>67963731
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KABZXbRAgHY
>>
They reveal him in the most anti-climactic way. I only saw it recently, but I saw the Han death webm back when it released.

My impression was that they reveal his identity right when Han yells "BEN!" and calls him his son. I didnt know he unmasked himself and revealed his true identity so early on.
>>
>>67963441
Didn't Han only split after Kylo killed the younglings?
>>
>>67960728
>He's literally Teen Angst - The Character

actually, he's literally 4chan: the character

you all autists are just too fucked to notice one of your own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zu4lA7nz5Y
>>
>>67963708
Jar Jar was dead set having TFA be under 2 and a half hours. Wish the kikes understood that these massive pop culture milestone movies would really benefit from some fleshing out with a 3 hour running time. I bet a lot of bootlicking kikes on this board would like SWVIII to be only 90 minutes long. Just want to see these movies to say they saw it.
>>
>>67963683
No, this is like some really old person being forced (at gunpoint) to research star wars for about 2 days, then given another 3 days to write some "fan" sequel as a homework assignment. It's so bad.

Star Wars itself doesn't read like bad fanfic, just fic
>>
>>67963776
I couldn't believe it when they revealed Kylo was Han and Leia's son in the most anticlimactic manner possible, and when Kylo took off his mask in the most anticlimactic manner possible. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>67963732
>Peace through fear.

Yeah it works but that wouldn't really gel with American ideals. What the prequels should have done a better job illustrating is the corruption of and lost faith in the Jedi. Infer that the Jedi were once well-respected but have since fallen out of favour and that they're strict doctrines have prevented them from maintaining peace in a changing Republic.

Emphasize that "appeal" of the Empire; things are falling apart, the Jedi can't do anything to stop it, we clearly need to try something new. The Clone Wars could have been something that the Jedi fought in which exposed how woefully unprepared they were to defend the Galaxy instead of "lol stromtropes r cloones did u now? lol saprise!" Clone Wars could have literally been ANYTHING; it could have been some cool space aliens called Clones because they all look the same.

The prequels should have been more allegorical to World War II, a timeless piece of history, instead of the War on Terror.
>>
>>67963831
no, kylo is how reddit sees 4chan
>>
>>67963674
>this shit reads like a bad fanfic
>implying The Force Awakens isn't a big budget fanfic
>>
>>67963851
I was mystified when I watched the movie after the webms. Snoke says it so casually I missed it the first time, and he takes the mask off after Rey practically says "tell me about yourself, why do you wear the mask?"
>>
>>67963862
>The Clone Wars could have been something that the Jedi fought in which exposed how woefully unprepared they were to defend the Galaxy
Wasn't it? There were only so many Jedi, not enough to fight a war. If the clones don't show up to bail them out the Jedi are fucked on Geonosis.
>>
>>67963908
>I missed it the first time
That's because your "watched" while shitposting on /tv/ like a retard. It's sad how us normal folks that leave the house understood the entire, simple movie yet you NEET fucks need other NEET fucks to hold your hand.
>>
>>67963892
As much as I hated The Force Awakens, even the screenwriters themselves knew how awful their thing was, so they tried to spare the older cast from saying stupid shit like Leia talking about the "light and dark" or something
>>
>>67963908
I was like wait... did I hear that right? Did they just casually drop that Kylo is Han and Leia's son? Truly appalling manner of handling what should have been a big reveal. Same goes for the mask.
>>
>>67963849
>some really old person being forced (at gunpoint)
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>67963966
Don't get me wrong, I did like the whole... "we need an army to fight an enemy we are also controlling" aspect of the prequels. I just think that they could have showed the Jedi "failing" on a greater scale instead of having meaningless clones drop in to fight meaningless droids they could have had an army of "professional" soldiers come to assist the Jedi. Have the Jedi gradually just kind of become less relevant until all that is left is the Council... then Anakin storms in and kills what is left and the remaining Jedi are forced into hiding because SURPRISE! The professional army was recruited from Mandalorian colonies and they've still got a hard-on for killing Jedi.

Clones and droids fighting each other just bothers me, it's so meaningless, why even bother risking Jedi at all if you're using two completely expendable armies?
>>
If you can't relate, fuck off and focus on your precious heroes.

I had an abusive dad, and many did people did as well. It's nothing something you just shrug off because some other asshole tells you you have to.

Besides, he's mentally unstable, has a huge amount of power, and that makes him more dangerous. Doesn't have to be one your big tough calculating guy with 20 degrees and millions of dollars in your fucking capeshit movies.
>>
>>67960728
For someone who isn't much of a fan of Force Awakens; Kylo Ren is by far the most interesting and best thing of the film! I cannot wait to see where they take his character as long as he doesn't just redeem himself like Vader which would be boring.

If he were to kill Snoke or go against Snoke and start another Sith like clan then that would be cool to see.
>>
File: 32456432.jpg (52 KB, 500x616) Image search: [Google]
32456432.jpg
52 KB, 500x616
>>67964258
I`m very worried where they`ll take him - I think in the short-medium term he`ll be a lot more focused, properly menacing and Dark but eventually him killing Han will come and haunt him, leading to his redemption.

We already saw glimpses of that after the commited the patricide - he feels weak, shocked and confused. He thought doing what Vader did not do will only strengthen him.

Ultimately, Kylo is a good person. He has been deluded and is deluding himself in to thinking he has a chance of being what his ancestor was - if you end up begging Vaders ''corpse'' to empower you with his abilities, shit is not working for you.

I will not be surprised if in Episode MCMLXXV someone will be telling the tale of ''The Tragedy of Ben Solo the Decieved''.
>>
>>67964207
Yeah Kylo Ren was a good character imo. He's just pure "dark side", completely unrestrained, like Episode III Anakin but not a fucking retard who tries to pretend he's doing it for love, just a crazy ass motherfucker who wants to wipe out the Jedi because he has daddy/uncle issues.
>>
>>67964315
>Ultimately, Kylo is a good person

Nigger burns up people and keeps their ashes as trophies, he needs to die.
>>
>>67964315
Would love to see Ford come back to film a nightmare dream sequence where he haunts Kylo. That be fucking epic
>>
>>67964207
Han wasn't abusive, Hidalgo outright said he wasn't and that the only one responsible for Kylo's actions is Kylo himself.

As someone who also had an abusive dad, I fucking hate people who use the "bawwww muh bad childhood" as an excuse to be despicable or treat others like shit. People who relate to Kylo, who wasn't even treated badly, are degenerate manchildren or Loki fangirls.
>>
>>67960728

Kylo Ren achievements

>stops blaster fire mid air
>kills an unarmed old man
>gets mad at a computer
>fucks up some shit
>kills his dad
>gets shot (despite being able to stop blaster fire)
>wounds but doesn't kill a negro
>loses to an untrained girl in a saber fight

Did Snoke just not teach him how to use a lightsaber or something?
>>
File: Untitled.png (464 KB, 786x736) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
464 KB, 786x736
>>67964399
Don`t think that will happen but considering that Kylo said in his monologue with Vaders helmet ''Show me again, the power of Darkness'' I think Anakin/Vader Force-ghost appearance is a given.
>>
>>67964452

Probably legit misunderstood.

Han pretty much abandoned his family to sell space drugs. Maybe it just started as that, then he sunk deeper and deeper
>>
>>67964457
To be honest, that was the impression I got from the movie - he`s incredibly potent with the Force but has no lightsaber skills whatsoever.

Minus that Force Ex Machina scene with MaRey Sue.
>>
>>67964460
ah yes I forgot that Anakin will likely make a guest appearance.
>>
>>67964475
>Probably legit misunderstood
>muh poor woobie dindu nuffin wrooooong

Go back to tumblr.
>>
horrible actor pick for kylo. he does not look menacing at all. then he gets his ass handed to him by a girl.
>>
>>67964479

Rey was the worst part of the movie, seriously shoehorned that cunt in there as an uber jedi despite 0 training and knowledge of the force besides someone saying "stop and feel the force", like what the fuck.
>>
>>67964499
inb4 five page essay response about how he's supposed to look like an ugly fucko
>>
>>67964475
Your parents being sidetracked with other things is not an excuse to fucking slaughter innocent students, kill a whole slew of other people, and murder your own father. At least Anakin had some legitimate reasons to become an asshole.
>>
>>67964558

>Sheev lured Vader to the dark side
>Snoke lured Kylo to the dark side

pottery
>>
STOP DISCUSSING THIS PILE OF SHIT!!!
THE FUCKING PREQUELS WERE BETTER THAN THIS SHITHEAP!!!!
>>
>>67964460
Vader is lightsided. When Kylo says show me yadda yadda he isn't literally seeing or hearing his grandaddy. Only Luke and now Rey have talked to ghosts for sure. If Vader has spoken to Kylo it would only be to tell him he has fucked up. Since that would destroy Kylos worldview I doubt that has happened yet.
>>
>>67964578
George, you okay?

Calm down. Rian Johnson will deliver Starķinȭgrąphé, don`t worry.
>>
>>67964586
He explicitly says ''show me again'' - which implies something in the past happened that led him to believe he was in contact with Vader.

Now I personally think it was an illusion or dream conjured by Snoke, but you never know - maybe Anakin was trying to reach him but Kylo being in the Dark Side blocks/distorts the message.
>>
>>67964629

I seriously doubt it was a force ghost considering in the end Vader sees the error of his ways and says "It was just a prank, Luke" right before he dies.
>>
>He's literally Teen Angst - The Character.
You mean like Anikan Skywalker?
>>
>story was shit
>script was shit
>casting was shit
>acting was shit
What do people like about this movie again?
>>
>>67964558
This. Its not like Han ever physically beat him to a pulp. He just neglected him. Bad parenting? Yes, but it's not like Han was beating him or sexually abusing him or treating him like shit. He just wasn't around all the time.
>>
>>67964758
it's mediocre but comfy.
>>
Snoke was a pederast, this film was about penetrating each other.
>>
>>67964315
>I`m very worried where they`ll take him
He either kills Luke or gets killed by Snoke, the way I see it.
>>
I love that han and leia fans get triggered because jj said they were bad parents
>>
>>67960728

I don't like the character, but I LOVED the scene when he just started going mental and slicing up the control panel in rage.
It was completely the opposite of what Vader would do, and the opposite of what everyone in the audience expected. It played on our expectation, and I like that.
>>
File: 144678990000876.gif (247 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
144678990000876.gif
247 KB, 500x379
>>67965134
>He either kills Luke

I would send threatening letters to Disney if they pulled that shit.
>>
>>67965134
He'll not kill Luke anon, he already killed his dad and that didn't work for him. Of Luke dies will be through some sacrifice
>>
>>67965262
that could happen only if they go the Kylo becomes Darth Vader route. Which doesn't make much sense, honestly. Him killing Han should've sealed his turn, but then he couldn't defeat a girl, even if she had help from vagichlorians.
>>
So Snoke is one of the babby Jedi that Anakin killed right?
>>
>>67964968
Or dressing him up like a girl when was growing up.
>>
>>67965385
He's Sheev.
>>
File: snoke.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
snoke.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>67965385
Yes
>>
>>67965385
Snoke is Darth Plagueis possessing Anakin's body.
>>
>>67965385
Snoke is Luke's dark side manifestation.
>>
>>67965455
Why Anakin's body?
>>
>>67965483
Or he IS Luke

Think about it, have you ever seen them in the same room together?
>>
File: whooooooo.png (1 MB, 1100x1080) Image search: [Google]
whooooooo.png
1 MB, 1100x1080
>>67965385
Who could he be? WHOOOOO!
>>
>>67964316
So better to be bad for no good reason than having an actual character as per >>67962850 ? The best villains are heroes from their own point of view, such as Magneto.
>>
>>67964968
>>67965415
>Imagine the stakes for him in his youth," Driver says of Ren. "Having all these special powers and having your parents absent during that process on their own agendas, equally as selfish. He's lost in the world that he was raised in, and feels that he was kind of abandoned by the people he was closest with

I think its obvious that they'll go down with the negligent parents angle and JJ said that Snoke was fucking with him since he was a kid. I can already see Rian showing Kylo's past while he go even more dark. This is an easy way to make the audience care about him
>>
>>67965415
Kylo was raped by Luke and then Snoke.

If you watched like an intelligent human being you'd know that he shows all the symptoms of someone molested as a kid

>throws tantrums as adult because he didn't develop proper coping mechanisms as a child
>highly emotional
>obsession with one thing
>cannot function well in social situations

it's so obvious yet all you morons can't understand the beauty in it
>>
>>67965563
I can't wait for the prequals
>>
File: 1439709351302.jpg (18 KB, 580x508) Image search: [Google]
1439709351302.jpg
18 KB, 580x508
>>67965504
Have you ever seen Bruce wayne and Batman in the same room together? No? Well that doesn't make them the same person, one is playboy millionaire and the other an insane person who dresses up as bat and beats criminals to a pulp.
Stop making up wild speculations that make no sense.
>>
>>67965563
>Driver explains that Luke's teachings played a big role, as Kylo's separation from his parents during his Jedi training made him grow resentful of Han and Leia as he began to harness his powers.

Kylo was fucked by everyone when he was a child
>>
File: 1408402276662.png (222 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1408402276662.png
222 KB, 500x400
>>67965563
>Kylo was raped by Luke

Please stop trying to force your deranged and nonsensical headcanons, yaoi fangirl.
>>
>>67965563
>>67965600
I can buy him being molested by Snoke, but this Luke bullshit is bizarre reaching. By all accounts, Kylo was already fucked up by the time he got shifted onto Luke. Not to mention that Luke, y'know, is the most morally good character in the entire damn series.
>>
>>67965563
I wasn't raped.
>>
File: FinnduGetFucked.jpg (614 KB, 1740x1024) Image search: [Google]
FinnduGetFucked.jpg
614 KB, 1740x1024
>>67962430
Oh she will be seduced by the dark side, anon.
>>
File: GeneralHux-DB.png (877 KB, 649x779) Image search: [Google]
GeneralHux-DB.png
877 KB, 649x779
>So he was assraped by a wrinkly twink, then by a 20 foot old man and then by a ginger?
>>
>>67965563
>>67965600
>>67965645
>that one autistic Kylux tumblrwhale

Of course you'd be an Aussie lmao
>>
File: 1445547242050.jpg (33 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1445547242050.jpg
33 KB, 453x500
>>67965370
>vagichlorians
>>
>>67963679
Happy birthday, Mr. Smithers.
>>
>>67965631
If anything, Kylo most likely raped Luke.
>>
File: 1458381760701.jpg (9 KB, 401x334) Image search: [Google]
1458381760701.jpg
9 KB, 401x334
>>67965370
>vagichlorians
>>
>>67965663
Not even master Yoda's is that high!
>Master Qui-Gon what are you doing?
>Checking your vagina.
>>
>>67963609
The other way around. Sheev was his apprentice after all.
>>
>>67965631
I don't like it either, but this is where the story is going. Han and leia were absent parents, luke was a bad teacher and snoke a child molester. Kylo needs a fucking intervention.
>>
>>67965715
Kylo needs a wife.
>>
>>67965713
>Super Snoker Am Darf Plaguey
Die in a fire.
>>
>>67965660
I'm not a fucking shipper anon, i don't like this luke shit too but this is where viii is going anyways
>>
>>67965751
>Super Edgey Am Butt Hurtey
Nope, thou.
>>
>>67965751
Are you okay, kiddo?
>>
File: crying.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
crying.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>67965687
>murders all of his students
>rapes Luke in a fit of jealousy and anger over Luke turning Vader good and being Vader's favorite
>also to exert authority and dominance
>Luke is so traumatized that he uncharacteristically abandons his friends and runs away to hide from Kylo

It fits.
>>
>>67965732
Kek
No, he is fucking mental and i don't think he will survive IX, his story will be a tragedy
>>
>>67965715
>>67965756
You're retarded, anon.
>>
>>67965715
>throws out Lucas's notes for the sequel trilogy
>makes the beloved OT characters bad parents/mentor who created a murdering madman with their incompetency
Bravo Disney
>>
>>67960728
>Teen Angst - The Character.

That's the point
>>
File: han solow.jpg (60 KB, 443x499) Image search: [Google]
han solow.jpg
60 KB, 443x499
>>67965792
>a tragedy
it could work with Rey, too. She's extremely likable and everyone assumes she has the thickest plot armor. Her sacrificing herself to kill SNoke instead of Luke would hit the audience hard.
but then Kylo uses the power to manipulate life and resurrects her
>>
>>67962850
>kill younglings because lol why not now right?
>>
>>67965792
>IX
Is there going to be an end to the star wars rape train?
>>
>>67963679
the darkside's a helluva drug
>>
>>67965840
>its supposed to be awful! 2deep4u!!
its a terrible character thats comically awful and pathetic, he is not threatening in the slightest while he goes and teen angst rages against a computer, because the entire movie paints him in a comical light

the fact he's trained by literally the reincarnation of the emperor and can't even kill a mary sue just ruins any semblance of plot

forget the awful CGI startrek scene with the random tentacle monster for no reason
forget the awful death star 3.0 bullshit
forget the 1:1 copying of the original movies

they failed to make legitimate characters with flaws and struggles and potential , they just shit out a mary sue and shit out a poorly written angsty teen character, who apparently murdered an entire jedi conclave single handedly, but fails to do literally anything right during the actual movie

the back story was more thought out than the actual plot
>>
ROGUE ONE IS ON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg
>>
File: wookied.jpg (921 KB, 842x1379) Image search: [Google]
wookied.jpg
921 KB, 842x1379
>>67966027
chewy is next t b h
>>
>Even The Phantom Menace was a better movie
The Force Awakens is basically what we've been exposed too for the past decade and a half in pop culture sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother or Family Guy, all reminding us how awesome the original Star Wars trilogy is without delivering any new real content in case of scaring away old fans and alienating people, The Phantom Menace took risks and was bold in this regard, one of the reasons it is a better movie but also a disaster, a disaster but a fun one. The Force Awakens is a boring, dull exposition movie filled with the worst type of pop culture references we've seen so many times over and is a chore to watch because there is no heart or soul with it due to being nothing more than a cash in gimmick on the current flavour of the decade growing faux nerd culture trend. JJ Abrams is not a director, he is a business man who's only credibility in TFA is tacking on Han's death at the end so it wouldn't be as forgettable as it really is.
>>
>>67966314
>Han's death at the end
I felt nothing when that happened.
>>
>>67966542

Exactly, I felt the same during the entire movie, such a cheap, tacky way to get rid of an iconic character but they'll probably bring him back in some way.
>>
>>67966572
And I don't understand, I've always felt emotional when he gets frozen in carbonite at the end of empire.
>>
>>67966683

Because Abrams. He can't write human drama to save his fucking life, see LOST? That was all Lindelof's work, Abrams was just the marketer to draw people in.
>>
>>67960728
Thats the point dumbass
>>
>people not realizing that Kylo Ren is the best Star Wars characters since Han Solo
>villains have to be badass and intimidating
The ironic thing is that it's actually op who's the mandhild
>>
>>67963674
Opinion discarded
>>
>>67960728
I got more of a "Crazy Fanboy - The Character" out of him.
>>
>>67960728
Kylo Ren is legitimately the most complex villain Star Wars has ever had, and if the intention is to give us a character who exists in the gray, when the rest of the universe is black and white - then I look forward to next film.
>>
>>67967877
>favoring Han
>being older than 15

Pick one.
>>
Kylo has been raped by
>Luke
>Han
>Snoke
>Hux
>Rey

Do people not understand this?
>>
>>67968422
Stop with that meme. He's no different than Anakin
>>
>>67964207
>>67964258
>>67964315
>>67964316
>>67964399
People like you give me hope that not everyone on this fucking site is butthurt cuck that can't have a functional brain. Thank you.
>>
>>67968773
Fuck off, fatty.
>>
>>67964758
because you have shittaste in cinema, go back to your cave
>>
>>67968773
>landwhale Tumblr Kylofag

Truly are the cancer of this fandom. I would gas all of you if I had the chance.
>>
>>67968958
I don't like it either, but this is where the story is going. Han and leia were absent parents, luke was a bad teacher and snoke a child molester. Kylo needs a fucking intervention.
>>
>>67969000
I'm not a fucking shipper anon, i don't like this luke shit too but this is where viii is going anyways
>>
>>67968897
>People like you give me hope that not everyone on this fucking site is butthurt cuck that can't have a functional brain. Thank you.
>>
>>67969001
>absent parents and bad teacher = rapist child molesters

Your leap in logic is astounding.
>>
File: 1439866621232.gif (2 MB, 286x210) Image search: [Google]
1439866621232.gif
2 MB, 286x210
>>67969033
You can keep saying that, but it still won't be true.
>>
>>67969033
Where did I mentioned you were a shipper, anon?

Jesus Christ, Kylofags are more annoying than Reyfags.
>>
>>67969557
There is literally nothing wrong in being a reyfag.
>>
>>67969236
>>67969269
>>67969557
>>
>>67969663
Aren't reyfags secret pedos/homosexuals?
>>
>>67969798
yes
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 342x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 342x416
>>67962305
Han didn't make him play enough team sports in high school.
>>
>>67960728
>Who the FUCK thought Kylo Ren would be a good antagonist? He's literally Teen Angst - The Character.

Still better than Vader
>>
File: oi.jpg (93 KB, 661x583) Image search: [Google]
oi.jpg
93 KB, 661x583
>>67969798
No
>>
>>67969798
Yes. They also have no taste at all.
>>
>>67966215
What is this shit, episode 8?
>>
>>67968773
Might as well throw Elan Sleazabaggano in there too while you're at it
>>
File: 8a4_zpslxavqoqa.jpg (4 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
8a4_zpslxavqoqa.jpg
4 KB, 316x202
>>67969798
>>67969907
>>67970050

This meme needs to stop!
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 500x281
>>67964032
This should have been one of the first things Han Solo says to Rey.

He could argue with her about Luke's Jedi temple being real, produce a relic and talk about its power over his son, etc. etc. and ground the audience in the conflict before expanding on the issues it raised.

But no, that would be exposition, which apparently Kasdan and Abrams don't understand, so all Han says is that "they're real".
>>
File: 1459466941705.webm (327 KB, 400x542) Image search: [Google]
1459466941705.webm
327 KB, 400x542
>>67970050
>>
>>67970351
stupid sexy Daisy
>>
>>67970351
Her head looks like a poorly rendered polygon from early PS2 games.
>>
>>67970351
Female version of Seth MacFarlane
>>
>>67960728
and he's - by far - still the most interesting character of the whole movie
>>
>>67969798
Last night I saw a anon get accused of being one. I just thought it was a meme but now it actually seems a bit true about the Reyfags.
>>
>>67969798
I expect everything coming from people who expressed their desire to eat this girl's shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 1062x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 1062x437
Wouldn't you expect this chick to eventually let her hair down and stop looking like an 80's tomboy?
>>
>>67970671
that would be too sexual
>>
>>67970671
>she's been standing on the same island with her arm outstretched for over 5 years
>>
>>67970241
Why don't you do something about it, frog.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 600x1045) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 600x1045
I would give her this outfit to wear and tell her that all girl jedis had to wear it in all kinds of weather
>>
>>67970671
When Kylo fucks her from behind while pulling on her hair.
>>
>>67970759
Too bad she doesn't even have any shape to fill that out. Might as well fap to an ugly man dressed like that.
>>
>>67970794
>>67970759

There are other ways to sexuliaze a girl with a boyish body.
>>
>>67970732
Only now she's in a total different location... Odd.
>>
>>67970454
That's not Dillon harper retard
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 367x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 367x397
How will Episode VIII up the bustier factor?
>>
File: 1458940774754.jpg (30 KB, 533x388) Image search: [Google]
1458940774754.jpg
30 KB, 533x388
>>67960906
>>
>>67960728
Who thought it would be a good idea for him to ever remove the mask.
>>
>>67971216
Literally who?
>>
>>67962215

>Murders Sandies

Nothing wrong with that, should be more accepted IRL desu
>>
>make kylo ren a badass
>"hurr Vader rip off!!!"
>make kylo ren a conflicted character
"Hurd what a brat!!"

You were gonna hate him and the movie either way, you manchildren.
>>
>>67969066
I mean you can keep being a cuntbag but at leats You used Benedict Cumberbatch for the gif, thanks.
>>
>>67966124
why are you so mad about star wars anon?
>>
Just saw the movie and am posting here to express my thoughts. So here's my summary...

"Hey guys, it's star wars! Look guys!: R2D2! Chooie! The Falcon! Use da force!"

It's the same fucking plot except for the SJW pandering. Fin is not a good character and neither is Vader's #1 fan.
>>
>>67971784
this is the state of this board these days Anon:
1. people that can't stand female leads in a movie is doesn't ahve a full cleavage in a latex suit and isn't carried throughout the whole movie by a male character that does all the work
2. people who can't stand having a villian that isn't thanos but has human complexities
3. people who can't stand actual cinema that thrives on the craft instead of Jar Jar Binks and just want 20 micheal bay's movies.
4. People that will immediately call you homophobic slurs or SJW or leftist or libtard or assume you have mental disorders to assure themselves that having a medieval mentality about diversity and sexism is not wrong to keep being manchilds with no sign of puberty, not let alone behaving as an adult.

I mean we are on 4Chan, we shoudl expect that, but it still amuses me lol.

>inb4 get a greentext respons with a tip fedora gif because they have no brain power to make an argument
>>
>>67972420
I don't see myself being represented, I am offended by the lack of diversity in your post, there other reasons for not liking a movie and I don't see them being represented in your post, shitlord.
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.