[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it autism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 534x712
Was it autism?
>>
>>67959768
Seems like it, doesn't? He probably is on the spectrum, but not full blown.
>>
>>67959768
>Was
>>
>>67959768
Such a shitty character. Not at all like how I imagine Kingpin.
He should speak in like a Transatlantic accent and always be in control. Not be some massive pus
>>
>>67959768
Kingpin in the comics was great.
>>
>>67959768
>Kingpin
>not smoking a cigar
Marvisney is truly fucking awful.
>>
>>67960560
Smoking is blacklisted, bro.
>>
dude white wall
lol
>>
>>67960134

It looks like they're developing his character instead of just being a superbad guy who does superbad guy stuff.
>>
Superior Kingpin coming through
>>
>>67959768
Yes your post is autism.
>>
>>67960693
>triggered
>>
>>67960134
>Transatlantic accent

except no one has one nowadays
>>
Kingpin decapitates douchebag. When did this happen? Oh, that's right, Daredevil season 1. Kingpin still not cool? Oh, that's right, opinion of total faggot.
>>
>>67962017
> superior
> nigger
kek
>>
>>67962407
And they are still developing his character. Imagine a fucking full comic book Kinpin.
>>
I PLAY THE LONG GAME MR. CASTLE
>>
>>67959768
Wait... Is that the guy from law & order?
>>
He's not reached full Kingpin yet. That will probably happy in a future season when he gets out of prison and starts buttfucking Matt.

Netflix Daredevil is taking things slow and easy with character development. Even though Punisher was going about killing people at the start of season 2, he hadn't reached full Punisher until the last episode.
>>
Him fucking up Murdock in prison was based.

SON OF A BOXER
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 859x962) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 859x962
"I am the mentally ill intent!"
>>
>>67962616

This, it took an entire season before Matt wore the Daredevil suit.
>>
File: You're a big dino.jpg (130 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
You're a big dino.jpg
130 KB, 1296x730
>>67959768
>Was it autism?
Knowing D'Onofrio, no way it couldn't be.

I miss Criminal Intent
>>
>>67962616
He was called (or called himself?) Kingpin the s02 though.

I'm not familiar with the comics but is Kingpin the name he uses? I always thought it was more of a title like king. He might say 'I'm the Kingpin' but not 'Hi, my name is Kingpin'.

I wish he would lift a bit more, he looked kinda dyel fatmode in his benching scene.
>>
It seems a little bit like autism, but at the same time it felt like he just had this RAGE that was constantly boiling and dealing with CRIMINAL SCUM all the time made it worse.

Like he was literally about to murder someone all the time.
>>
>>67959768
http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/high-functioning-autism#1

>Other than the difference in their language development, people with high-functioning autism and people with Asperger's syndrome share many similar characteristics.
>They typically have average or above-average intelligence.
Check
>They may, though, show other behaviors and signs similar to what's seen with other types of autism. These include:
>A delay in motor skills
No, he's shown to be an adequate fighter. Mainly by brute strengt but he still has good motor skills.
>A lack of skill in interacting with others
Yup.
>Little understanding of the abstract uses of language, such as humor or give-and-take in a conversation
Yup.
>Obsessive interest in specific items or information
Muh city
>Strong reactions to textures, smells, sounds, sights, or other stimuli that others might not even notice, such as a flickering light
Triggered by white walls.
>Unlike people with other forms of autism, people with high-functioning autism or Asperger's syndrome want to be involved with others. They simply don't know how to go about it. They may not be able to understand others' emotions. They may not read facial expressions or body language well.
He was awkward as fuck with that lady.
>As a result, they may be teased and often feel like social outcasts. The unwanted social isolation can lead to anxiety and depression.
He was isolated untill he met her.

I feel bad for the guy now.
>>
>>67962785
Dr Pavel, I'm Kingpin
>>
>>67963168
???
>>
>>67963168
what happens if i wrinkle your shirt
>>
>>67963704
It will be very hurtful
>>
>>67959768
For no reason at all I'm reminding everyone of that time in Spider-Man the animated series when Kingpin said only 2% of his bodyweight is fat.
Fisk is impressive.
>>
It was six dollars postage.
>>
>>67963763
616 Fisk is 450 lbs, making 9 lbs of him fat. I highly dout that. I think something like 6% at 27 lbs would be more believable.
>>
>>67963889
Well it was just a cartoon.
>>
>>67963763
This. Every time.
>>
His accent and speech patterns make me cringe every time he talks. Sounds like he's putting on a voice, and trying to talk with elegance.
>>
>>67963889
Maybe he's all organs
>>67964220
>Sounds like he's putting on a voice, and trying to talk with elegance.
Just like a kid from a bad neighboorhood pretending to be a soffisticated rich man you mean?
>>
>>67964349
Nah, its the way his words run together and he sometimes breathes inbetween them. Good try though.
>>
>>67959768
Thank you, Wesley.
>>
>>67964220
I think the caracter is badly written and badly acted.
How am i suppose to believe this autist sperglord became an international godfather when he can't even control himself around women
>>
>>67965316
Alexander the Great conquered huge swaths of the world and he couldn't control his temper, killing one of his best friends over fucking nothing and then crying about it.
Ivan the Terrible was an effective leader despite his nutty ways and murdering his own son in a fit of rage.
Self-control is not necessary.
>>
>>67962766

He was an full-on autist in Full Metal Jacket.

and in The Cell he played that creepy psychotic serial killer >pic related
I think he was schizophrenic and autistic
IIRC, J-Lo's little kid patient was schizophrenic, which usually doesn't come on until adulthood. He was catatonic pretty much.

And that scene in MIB when the alien jumped in his body? technically not an autistic character but, again, check D'onofrio's performance
https://youtu.be/xtOkNZK-m4A
>>
>>67962547

Criminal Intent, yes.
>>
Did he get buttfucked in prison?
>>
>>67968907
Yes, then he sent a pack of aids-ridden crack fiends to rape the rapist's wife. It was edgy.
>>
>>67967787

reminder Vincent D'Onofrio said in an interview that he probably has aspergers irl
>>
>>67964220
he starts lacking confidence, it's shy, etc
>>
>>67969739
no shit! didn't know that.
Always did like him as an actor. In fact, I think after I saw him in The Cell and then found out he was the crazy dude in the barracks part of Full Metal Jacket, I thought he'd be a much bigger "star" by now, or at least that he'd have had more great movie roles.
I don't really know about his TV work, I don't watch the shows mentioned ITT.
>>
is it just me or is the writing really awful and corny?
>>
>>67962017
NIGPIN
>>
>>67970997
He was the best character in Law and Order: Criminal Intent. He blew everyone else out on that show.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.