[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
B v S discussion thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 720x320
>The beginning was fucked up, Superman's a fucking superterrorist
>Batman going full enhanced interrogation, kills bad guys
>Redditboi and Skinny Jew were terrible casting, what the fuck
6.5/10
>>
>>67958616
i wanted him to stick the gun in her mouth sexually while she gags on it. then she takes off her clothes and rides joe chill like a firepole
>>
>You'll never give Martha wayne a pearl necklace
>>
>>67958656
I can see this being on Brazzers
>>
>>67958727
Kek
>>
>>67958616

Surpisingly, Gal wasn't bad
>>
They where murdered in they alley! Not on the sidewalk! Snyder you hack
>>
>>67959446
>implying he ever sticks to source
>>
>>67958916
Cus she had 3 minutes of screentime
>>
File: i11496216131.jpg (296 KB, 1000x1566) Image search: [Google]
i11496216131.jpg
296 KB, 1000x1566
>>67959446
>>67959481
taken straight from the dark knight returns comic
any "comic book nerd" who says 'snyder changed batman's origin!" you can take as a hack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfQ5swKEss
>>
>>67959700
the fuck is even going on in those panels
>>
>>67959843
exactly what happened in the first scene of bvs
>>
>>67959700
That's his origin in every comic, not just dark knight. What other origin are people thinking of?
>>
File: 1459374006376.png (1 MB, 1372x574) Image search: [Google]
1459374006376.png
1 MB, 1372x574
>>67958616
>not quippy jew and skeleton jew
>>
>>67959970
>What other origin are people thinking of?

Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?
>>
There was nothing in the movie that wasn't perfect old batman attitude in the comics.
>bats hates superman always because superman causes more problems than he helps
>fed up older batman doesn't go out of his way to spare criminals in every comic series
>you can't prove any of those people die, batman maimes criminals all of the time
Except maybe the flamethrower guy but he admits that he's going to kill martha which rationalized his death
>>
>>67959700
it was in the alley in every other iteration of the story tho
>>
>>67959985
He's not really quipy. He tries but he fails because he's an un charismatic ass, which is the point.

Lex thinks he's like some suave marvel motherfucker but he comes across across as a try hard autist brat. This is clearly intentional by the way everyone reacts to his retarded speech at the party
>>
>>67960130
as far as i can tell it's not clear where it happens in dkr other than it happens right after leaving the theater
>>
If they were actually batman comic fans they'd be more pissed the marquee didn't say zorro than the fact they're by an alley instead of in the middle of one
>>
>>67960130
Does it matter at all?

Autistic people don't realize that when a normal person complains about the source being changed, it's because it fundamentally changes how we see the situation or characters. Being in alleyway or not makes absolutely no difference.

Besides, was it right outside the theatre in batman begins aswell.
>>
>>67958916
Seriously? She was one of the worst things in an already shit movie.
>>
>>67960150
This is my reaction when people bitch about Eisenberg. Lex Luther is a crazy fucker, imagine how he'd act young and carefree before going to prison.
>>
>>67958616
>those hamfisted themes of power and religion that DCucks will say are too smart for Marvelcucks
lmao
>>
>>67959700
Only Snyder can take comic book pages of a great comic and make them better

That opening scene and dream sequence was beautiful
>>
>>67960261
Wonder woman was the real winner of the movie. If your dick didn't get hard when she lasso that bitch then you're retarded.
>>
>>67960305
>dream sequence was beautiful

I'll never understand why people praise that scene so.
>>
>>67958916
This meme has to end. Why do so many people think she was a highlight of the film? Was everything else in the movie so unbelievably shit that a skeleton, with a shitty accent and likeness to the character, was the best part?
>>
>>67960329
If we're talking on the merit of eye candy alone then sure she was great
But it felt like she was only there to set up justice league
Which is the only reason this movie was created
>>
so was it a dream or a vision and if it was a vision who gave him a vision? manhunter? is it the flash giving Bruce the visions? is that why he has a weird head gear on his head?
cause you don't just start having dreams out of the blue with parademons if you've never seen them.
>>
>>67960338
Art/filmography appreciation
>>
>>67960278
Eisenberg did a fantastic job at playing this version of Lex.

I really like the traditional Lex from the cartoons, but this was a nice take. It's just like how ledger was very different to the cartoon joker but still worked well.

>>67960289
>hamfisted
The entire movie was make around those themes. If anything it was the opposite, with the batman vs superman fight and doomsday being hamfisted.
>>
>>67960338
i was actually wondering if thought of intercutting quick moments from batman's history inbetween little bruce running or little bruce ascending
>>
>>67958916
because she only opened her mouth like 3 times. well truly see in the WW film if she has what it takes.
>>
>>67958616
I didn't like how Batman's father tried attacking the thug

It completely changes how his backstory goes in a major way and I'm not even sure why he bothered with this
>>
>>67960127
not one death is justified if you have a no-kill rule

and leaving people barely alive is just psychotic

in these movies, batman is just as ignorant when it comes to delivering violence with unintended collateral as supes is
>>
>>67960408
i just know you posted this to trigger me

>>67959700
>>67959700
>>67959700
>>67959700
>>
>>67960387
>that speech Alfred makes that pretty much sums up Batman's problem with Superman's powers
I mean I commend any director that tries to put larger themes in capeshit, but that was way too easy.
>>
>>67960423
honestly i am in no way bothered if he doesn't care about the state of people who make a living out of hurting others

i hope all the people who are bothered by batman's actions in the move are at least just as bothered by the actions of policemen irl
>>
>>67960348

Notice how everything you said is either a lie, a shallow criticism, or both.

>skeleton

Obese people are hilarious.
>>
>>67960366
I mean she was there to set up justice League but I don't feel the movie was worse with her presence. Having her let you see the bruce/batman switches without giving him a love interest which I thought was great.
No one needs another shitty batman love story
>>
>you now realize we've never had a serious Lex Luthor in the movies, only on tv and comics.
>>
>>67960445
Of course it was easy. The dynamic between the characters had just been begging for some director to come along and explore them a bit. I'm glad some did, no matter how you feel it turned out, it's nice to see someone trying.

>>67960348
She wasn't a highlight, that "girl power yay feminism" nonsense, but she wasn't bad either. I agree she could have bulked up more but honestly while watching the film it really didn't matter or was particularly noticeable
>>
>>67960423
Read a batman comic.
Young bruce and with small time criminals he goes out of his way to save them but the less faith he has left in the world the less he cares about risking his own life to save terrorists.
He once thought a guy was faking a heart attack and when he died he just told Robin to come on.
There is a whole gang compiled of people batman has seriously injured or disfigured.
>not just the dark knight series
>>
>>67960348
Everything else but Ben was indeed a disappointment, so when one doesn't have enough screen time to even make you care, you just kind of have to take a neutral and turn it into a positive I suppose. There's no way in hell she's going to do well in a solo movie though, I think that was a given whether gadot was cast or not.
>>
>>67960348
she's not the highlight because she barely says anything, she could be removed from the film and it wouldn't affect the film.
Lois took her place in this film, she had a bigger and more important role and was more of a character than WW was.
>>
>>67960629
I'm still neutral on the solo movie but she held her own in her scenes and actually made me excited for justice League which was a feat
>>
>>67960423
some goons in the car chase scene were justified, Bruce couldn't have done anything to ko them and save them, I'm not talking about the one he's dragging in the back, but he does kill a lot for the sake if taking out the thugs faster when he could have easily ko them with a couple of extra time put into it, I get that he's tired and angry but I would've like a batman that still restrains himself from killing unless there's no absolute choice, like when Supes snapped zod's neck or stabbed him with kryptonite staff and not put a human trough 3 walls like the opening of bvs just cause.
>>
It's the best comic book movie of all time.
>>
>>67960629
If Ares is the bad guy it could be good, if he's not in it, it's going to be really bad.
>>
Did anyone else watch the movie with a boring audience?
I get that the movie has a serious tone but there were a lot of situation funny lines and I was the only person who laughed.
>>
>>67960989
i watched it late night with a bunch of older people and some around me age, am typically silent. there was a few dude's who expressed hype a lot. alfred got me got me tho
>>
File: 1420592123632.jpg (3 KB, 108x125) Image search: [Google]
1420592123632.jpg
3 KB, 108x125
>Clark Kent
>Dates a red head

Fuckin dropped why that Amy Adams cunt is Lois Lane is beyond me
>>
>>67960989
>boring audience
who cares? you're there to watch the movie not expect reactions from people.
>>
>>67961074
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>67960586
>it's nice to see someone trying.
I don't disagree with that
I hope that a trend catches on in terms of trying to fit in larger themes
>>
File: dude Jesus lmao.jpg (44 KB, 847x355) Image search: [Google]
dude Jesus lmao.jpg
44 KB, 847x355
Zack Snyder is a visionary genius who has mastered the art of subtlety
>>
>>67960401
Wait for the official Snyder cut.
>>
>>67961162
Lois Lane is a black haired cunt. She's a red haired cunt.
>>
>>67961194
may I direct you to this?

>>67961226
>>
>>67961247
That's it?
did you cry when it was revealed that James Bond was going to be blonde, too?
>>
>>67961269
a lot of that is straight up my fault, all i ever set out to do is that MoS and now BvS don't deserve the hyperbolic hate
>>
>>67961280
no. I also just think Amy Adams is a giant cunt.
>>
>>67960834
>>67960423
I'm pretty sure batmans never had a no kill rule, he's used exploding batrams (or whatever they are called) all the time.

Its that he doesn't execute people, or go out of his way to kill them, like the killer of his parents.

That's why he doesn't kill the joker, because the joker never really directly attacks him, so batman can't justify just shooting him.
>>
>>67961137
Triggered?
>>
>>67961315
Why? She's goofy but not a cunt
>>
>>67961351
>Didn't see her acceptance speech

Go look at it.
>>
>>67961320
Eh right and wrong
Batman almost kills the Joker but Gordan stops him by saying "if I don't kill him after what he's done to me then you have no right to"
But you're totally right about him inadvertently killing people all of the time
>>
>>67960896
I thought he was confirmed for a side character and not a villain. But considering suicide squad and everything else in wb/dcu future line up is getting shaken up by the backlash of bvs I wouldn't be surprised if they make him front and center in rewrites so they can get as many interested as possible.
>>
>>67961315
The character Amy plays isn't a cunt in the film, your original post makes no sense if you just think the actress is a cunt.
>>
>>67961407
Yes I believe the actress herself is a cunt who plays a cunt reporter but the cunt reporter I want should be based on the source. You don't see a black superman or a Transgendered Batman. Why the fuck do they need a red headed Lois and yes I'm comparing the two cause Red heads are barely human.
>>
>>67960370
I actually think it was Oracle who has the vision of Batman in the future and she goes and talks to him about it. But as we all know she got cut out of the movie.
>>
>>67959985
God damn do I love the cape they have for him in this one.

Didn't realize it was CGI for many segments though, makes sense though, during the fight scene in the warehouse that shit flows way too perfectly to be real.
>>
>>67960387
>It's just like how ledger was very different to the cartoon joker but still worked well
why does everybody love Ledger Joker, to the point of giving him a posthumous oscar, when they hate Einsenberg Lex?

Can you think of a reason?
>>
>>67961269
/tv/ is one person
and that person is a massive hypocrite
>>
>>67958616
Other than some of the now-unavoidable creative choices that stink up the film, it's incredibly frustrating to see how insanely poorly BVS was edited. Almost every scene/sequence in the first 2 acts doesn't comfortably run into the next. With this amount of material and essentially 3 different overarching narratives each with their own themes, the edit is fucking insanely bad. There's a good movie hidden in the haphazardly arranged series of rotating disconnected scenes that is BVS.
>>
>>67959700
Problem is he apparently started and stopped researching Batman with TDKR.

And nobody has ever said that Zack Snyder isn't good at comic books for his storyboards. And nobody is criticizing his visual references to TDKR, the problem is, they're a part of one component of what's required to make a good movie. He's fucking garbage at organizing the narrative shit that's required to get from one set piece to the next.
>>
>>67960150
>>67960278
But why bother making the character be named Lex Luthor if they have nothing in common with the character they're supposed to be an adaptation of. If you want an edgy tryhard autist brat villain, make one. Why turn the villain that is known for their restraint and strategic mind into a disorganized goofball Ledger Joker clone?

Why is Lex even the goddamn villain in this one? Other than the completely pointless horseshit about the African bullet conspiracy, everything Lex does is shit Joker should be doing. Batman is already the primary protagonist in the story, why didn't they just use his goddamn antagonist? A Lex Luthor story should have all the pieces falling into place to reveal his master plan and set up the third act. But as the story currently is it's just a series of events where he throws spaghetti at the wall to see what would happen. He's like a dog chasing a truck.
>>
>>67962844
i don't buy that with BvS, since everything in the movie intentions are screaming at every turn. i'm not even familiar with snyder's filmography. that people are seeing some aspect of the movie and saying, "that's not allowed" doesn't really amount to anything substantive in my humble honest opinion. i've only seen the movie once, and see a clear pattern in the structure of everything.
when i read people complaining about the editing i thought it had more to do with how scenes were shot but now that it's clear that people are bothered with just how the story moves from person to person i can't really argue against that since it seems like it's referring to some rule i'm not aware of.
anyway, don't forget to tell me my opinion is shit
>>
>>67962971
how the fuck is bvs lex in any way like ledger? the mannerisms are different, the body language is different, the intent is different, their relation to their social surroundings is different
>>
>>67962760

It's easy to see where the studio vetted editor came in to cut the film down to 2:30, the funeral is especially jarring because of how the music changes mid note to batman and lex
>>
>>67958616
that scene right there is a hot psychosexual shot. Fight me.
>>
>>67962844
Zack Snyder loves comics, but he only likes Frank Miller ones specifically. They should just let him adapt Ronin, or The Holy Terror.
>>
I fucking love this movie.
>>
>>67960370
it's all tips and foreshadowing for Injustice
>>
>>67962984
People with no film knowledge complain that it's too fast or too choppy. People with a bit of film knowledge complain about the lack of establishing shots. I didn't see it as a problem at all, since it's obviously meant to show the intertwined stories which come together over the course of the film. And 30 minutes being cut from the original version probably made it even faster paced than intended.

>>67962971
>But why bother making the character be named Lex Luthor if they have nothing in common with the character they're supposed to be an adaptation of
I think the point is that he's a modern equivalent of Lex, a young neurotic tech billionaire, casting the guy who played Mark Zuckerburg wasn't a coincidence.
>>
Liked: doomsday fight scenes (they did a good job of making Wonder Woman badass), batman vs. mooks fight scenes, batmobile wrecking shit

Indifferent towards: batman fighting superman (a little disappointing tbqh)

Absolutely despise: everything else. Jesus Christ what a fucking mess.

3/10 movie, below even the shitpile that was Thor the dark world in my book. It was as shitty as amazing spider man 2 and not too much better than fan4stic.
>>
>>67960348
Her fight scenes were good and she pulled off the character. She didn't have any relevant non-fighting scenes to fuck up really. Any tall muscular girl could've pulled off what they had her do in BvS.

Eisenberg ruined the movie by making Lex an autismal ding ding ding dong.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.