[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ready for the best Lovecraftian thriller in the history of motion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: INVITATION.jpg (247 KB, 1046x1056) Image search: [Google]
INVITATION.jpg
247 KB, 1046x1056
Ready for the best Lovecraftian thriller in the history of motion picture?
>>
>>67956168
That poster has cheap indie flick written all over it
>>
>>67956168

fuck you, if this shit isnt good i hope you get cancer of the ass.
>>
>>67956296
I got more of a straight-to-DVD horror flick vibe from it
>>
>>67956168
>Lovecraftian
I want to know more.
>>
File: wtf is goin on man.jpg (71 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
wtf is goin on man.jpg
71 KB, 500x353
>>67956168
>>
>>67956168
>ready for a shill?!?

No thanks, marvel/Disney has that covered.
>>
File: amazed dog.jpg (15 KB, 180x203) Image search: [Google]
amazed dog.jpg
15 KB, 180x203
>Lovecraftian

what. do tell
>>
>>67956331
I got more of a "The Cuckold" vibe to it, anyone else?
>>
>>67956168
How is this Lovecraftian at all?
>>
>>67956168
>Lovecraftian
You mean it going to have a giant monster squid and a cat named niggerman?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
>>67956168
Looks more like a psychological thriller... with possible PURGE elements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIZgwvtFxMY
>>
From the trailer it seems like You're Next and Coherence. What is with youngish people dinner party movies recently? I mean, I like both of those movies but is it just because an LA McMansion is a low cost setting for a thriller?
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEE.png (167 KB, 419x394) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEE.png
167 KB, 419x394
>>67956581
DROPPED
>>
File: sad_pepe.jpg (21 KB, 251x244) Image search: [Google]
sad_pepe.jpg
21 KB, 251x244
>>67956168

I thought that was Shia on the cover.
>>
>>67956168
>no Lovecraft elements
>Lovecraftian

ok
>>
>>67956849
>Lovecraftian is all about tentacles and octopus giants and the apocalypse

14 is a fun age.
>>
Will drives with his new girlfriend Kira to the Hollywood Hills home of his ex-wife Eden, who is hosting a dinner party with her new husband David. Will and Eden divorced while trying to cope with their young son Ty’s accidental death. Eden then met David at a grief support group and their party will be the first time any of their friends have seen the couple in over two years. On the way to the house, Will hits a coyote and is forced to club it to death with a tire iron to end the animal’s misery (everything else should now be predictable).

Will and Kira arrive. David and Eden’s other dinner guests include Tommy and his boyfriend Miguel, Ben, Claire, and Gina. Gina mentions that their other friend Choi is running late. Eden introduces Sadie, a girl she and David met while in Mexico who now stays with them.

Throughout the evening, Will wanders his former home alone and relives memories related to Ty’s death. Will goes for water and remembers Eden attempting suicide. In the kitchen, Will witnesses Eden slapping Ben when he makes a joke about her New Age ideas on expelling pain.
>>
It's shit. Saw it last year.

No Lovecraftian elements whatsoever for anyone who was wondering.
>>
>>67956721
>is it just because an LA McMansion is a low cost setting for a thriller?

well, yes
>>
Pretty sure I saw a woman with fangs in the trailer... so... Vampires?
>>
I get the feeling it's some sort of end of the world/rapture party thing

Either way it doesn't look that good
>>
File: maybe_vampires.png (319 KB, 840x481) Image search: [Google]
maybe_vampires.png
319 KB, 840x481
>>67958001
here's what I was talking about. I don't know, those teeth seem awful sharp to me, but maybe that's just her natural canines and I'm not used to seeing them from that angle outside vamp flicks.
>>
>>67958112

nigga those are regular teeth
>>
9 times out of ten if they have those obscure festival wins on the box it's gonna be some obscure shit.
>>
>>67958001
>The Invitation
>Vampires have to be invited in

I hope it's not that lame and obvious. But the red (possibly blood) wine and the Vampire Diaries font make me think it probably is.
>>
>>67956168

>Lovecraftian

you're using that phrase incorrectly
>>
>>67956168
Looks downright cyclopean, OP. How much ichor can we expect?
>>
>>67956914
Name one thing that's Lovecraftian about this. Creepy people doesn't equal Lovecraft.
>>
>>67959425
Death cults and paranoia in the face of real and imagined dread.

You retarded mongoloid.
>>
>>67956581
Purge? I don't know where you guys get your film analogies, it's clearly Rosemary's Baby.
>>
>92% fresh
>sub 8/10 rating

confirmed shit
>>
>>67956581
Why dies it say Liam Hemsworth when it's not in his IMDB or WIKI, is he even in it?
>>
>>67958556
Eldritch kek
>>
>>67961292
Looks like a typo they just never bothered correcting.

I bet Logan Marshall-Green appreciates being mistaken for Tom Hardy and now being replaced with Liam Hemsworth in the trailer title.
>>
File: fua.jpg (15 KB, 208x271) Image search: [Google]
fua.jpg
15 KB, 208x271
>>67956759
>tom hardy is in it, awesome
>check the cast
>it's logan marshall green
>>
>>67957816
>▶
appreciated anon
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.