[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which movie studio is currently more ineptly run: Warner or Sony?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: the_player.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
the_player.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
Which movie studio is currently more ineptly run:

Warner or Sony?
>>
I can't tell if this film was Altman returning with style and grace or just a big fuck you from him
>>
>>67954250
Why can't it be both?
>>
Sony hired Tom Rothman to replace Pascal after they fired her.

So clearly it is Sony. Rothman has a history of ruining movies and a great track record of opposing movies that turn out to be the most financially successful movies for Fox (including Titanic and Avatar, and The X-Men franchise as well as straight turning down Independence Day 2 and the Transformers, and blocking Deadpool) He is also the guy responsible for giving up PG-13 Alien vs Predator and Die Hard movies....oh and he said no on an Alien 5 script because he thought AVP would be better.
>>
>>67954203
Sony
They hired Josh Trank to do a solo r-rated Venom movie that isn't part of the New Spiderman universe
>>
File: sony wants the nostalgic adults.png (780 KB, 1013x565) Image search: [Google]
sony wants the nostalgic adults.png
780 KB, 1013x565
>>67954203
After the sony leaks, its hard to imagine anyone topping them.
>>
>>67954487
really?
holy shit so sony fucks up so bad they try to do a complete overhaul and somehow wind up with an even worse choice
this has to be on purpose at this point right? they're trying to commit suicide correct?
>>
>>67954547
No way, I can't believe any Studio would deal with Trank after him having a Diva meltdown over Fantastic Four.
>>
>>67954721
this cant be fucking real can it?

jesus christ....
>>
>>67954203
reminder that sonys big plan was to create cinematic universe around the amazing spiderman franchise. including but not limited to a fucking aunt may movie
warner may have dropped the butter on the way to the table but sony has shit on the turkey
>>
>>67954203
great movie, btw anons
>>
>>67954721
Is that Mike on the right?
>>
>>67954801
Well they are Japanese...
>>
>>67954844
Corporations always have shit like that. How are you surprised?
>>
>>67954547
>Josh Trank
fucking why
How many starving potential directors are there in the world.Why keep going back to the same four shitpiles? i mean fuck at least take a chance on an unknown. at least you stand a chance at a decent movie. why pick a flash in the pan who got lucky with a decent small budget flick 4 years ago
>>
>>67954721
is this a real thing?are these companies run by literal retards? how did they managed to gain so much power with this kind of shit?
>>
>>67954859
seriously who comes up with ideas like this and still maintains his job?
>>
File: wakemeup.png (30 KB, 105x119) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.png
30 KB, 105x119
>>67954721
>>
>>67954844
>he wasn't on /tv/ for the leaks
This is only the tip of the iceberg, I really wish I had saved more.

Based Best Korea
>>
>>67955014
The hiring process is based entirely on nepotism and cronyism. They don't employ the best people for the job.
>>
File: 1437387534768.jpg (822 KB, 1599x1074) Image search: [Google]
1437387534768.jpg
822 KB, 1599x1074
>>67954911
i'm surprised at how horrible the presentation it jesus christ it looks like the interns did it while they were drunk at 2am
>>
>>67955160
then how do they stay relevant
at some point a more competent company run by good professionals would take their place
>>
>>67955275
they have buying power

they buy out the talent when they see it or they black ball them

fucking capitalism man that's how it works

then again you do have some studios on the come up but they'll always be bullied by the more powerful ones
>>
>>67954859
>including but not limited to a fucking aunt may movie

Who in the fuck do they think wants to watch that?
>>
>>67955218
Because it was an internal power point presentation never meant to be seen outside of some mid-level department meeting.
>>
>>67954721
that goosebumps film was fun
>>
>>67955373
its sony
they took one look at the success of the mcu an said we have spiderman we coul totally wring every little drop no matter how deluded out of it.
>>
>>67955373
>sony
>in charge of knowing what people want
Sony is also responsible for spider man 3 turning into shit, and Rami jumping ship, since they were talking about possibly making spiderman 4 and 5. Its the reason they set up Dr. Conners for three movies.
>>
>>67954203

Sony.
>>
>>67955419
so the interns did make it
>>
Sony
and WB
both? Both
>>
>>67955642
I work for a fortune 100 company, and the presentations we have to watch are pretty awful.
>>
>>67956304
With people like you it's no wonder.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.