[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they make the Space Jockey a humanoid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Spacejockey.png (597 KB, 718x517) Image search: [Google]
Spacejockey.png
597 KB, 718x517
This really bothered me. Part of the Horror from the first film was you didn't know what the FUCK was sitting in that chair and now Ridley just made it a man in a suit? It just ruined the mythology and horror of it.
>>
>>67953366
It's because Geiger is DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>67953366
they needed to make it a PG and so that women and kids wouldnt be triggered and ask too many questions
>>
>>67953366
Retard, that suit is humanoid too.

Do you know what humanoid means?
>>
>>67953392
He was alive during production. But if thats the case he still wouldnt have made them humanoid and if he did he sure as hell fuck wouldnt have made them some gelatin looking aesthetic as fuck motherfuckers
>>
>>67953423
you piece of shit he means why is it a suit?

clearly from the pic thats some beast of a alien creature, I still buy it that there was a humanoid thing inside it, Id prefer to think of it like an alien that merged with the ship
>>
>>67953366
was really hoping to see this thing walking around at about 10 feet tall over everyone, fucking disappointed
>>
>>67953366
Hang on in Prometheus why didnt they just tell the scientists to get out on the 3D map they had on the ship? They could have guided them
>>
>>67953645
Ridley gone senile faam
>>
Maybe there's larger Engineers elsewhere.
>>
>>67953608
That looks like shit
>>
>>67953366
they could have at least kept their mammoth size.

the scale is way off
>>
>>67954252
oh sorry heres something you will like faggot
>>
>>67954252
>>67954428
>>
>>67954460
Yeah that does looks better.
>>
>>67954401
That's something I noticed too. Keep in mind in the wide shots of Alien they used kids in suits to emphasize how big it was.

Also the design is totally off. The Engineers should have had the goofy ass trunk and head. I don't know why they even needed to add the "spacesuit" to them.
>>
>>67953608
>>67953366
This and >>67954460 that are two different things.
>>
eat shit
>>
File: Prothean.jpg (115 KB, 835x560) Image search: [Google]
Prothean.jpg
115 KB, 835x560
>>67953366
>mfw
>>
>>67953476
>>67953366
It looks like a suit to me

You can clearly see tubes running through it and going into he helmet part. And the mouth piece looks just like the oxygen mask that pilots wear.

I doubt it was ever supposed to be anything else
>>
File: Rojxb.jpg (93 KB, 623x554) Image search: [Google]
Rojxb.jpg
93 KB, 623x554
Who actually came up with the suit

I assume their reasoning behind changing it so much was because how silly it would look to see that 13 foot tall creature with massive dumb looking arms walking around
>>
>>67953879

Yeah the Space Jockey from Alien was a genuine big guy. Prometheus SJ was not a big guy.>>67953879
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.