[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this for the first time, holy shit how did Disney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Just watched this for the first time, holy shit how did Disney let a movie this good fail?
>>
>>67950515

Terrible Marketing
>>
>>67950547

That's my point, why did they leave this movie to die instead of making the best book to movie franchise of recent years.
>>
>>67950596
because they focused too much on the fact it's an adaptation
>HEY ALL THE YOUTH OF THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT PRINCESS OF MARS RIGHT
>TELL EM WE'RE MAKING A MOVIE ABOUT IT

Probably saw a bunch of social media fedoras claiming to have read and loved it, too, and figured they were on the right track
>>
>>67950679

but they called the film John Carter, not Princess of Mars.
>>
The hell are you talking about? John Carter was mediocre as shit.
>>
>>67950715
Because the average idiot sees the word princess in a title and assumes it's some flowery bullshit, so it had to be changed to something more action-y.
And yet it was "BASED ON THE BOOK PRINCESS OF MARS" all over the place still.
>>
>>67950792
Reddit, my old friend.
>>
Is this movie the reason why both leads(whom also happened to be in Xmen origins) aren't really doing much in terms of big films?
>>
>>67950804

While I understand that, they chose the worst possible image to market the film, as you can see in my OP, why the fuck would they choose the one scene white apes to tell you what this movie was about, it's just so unrepresentitive.
>>
They should have just used princess of Mars and showed how smoking hot that one chick was
>>
>>67950515
>holy shit how did Disney let a movie this good fail
Mars Needs Moms was a failure of spectacular proportions, and the suits decided, get this, that the fault was having the word Mars in the title

And so John Carter of Mars became "John Carter" of nothing.
>>
>>67950962

I hate suits.
>>
yeah i had a good time watching this movie, pretty sad it didn't make the big bucks
>>
File: Woola-2[1].jpg (9 KB, 644x407) Image search: [Google]
Woola-2[1].jpg
9 KB, 644x407
>>67950515

>you will never befriend a superfast alien doge
>>
>>67950515
>that qt slut

I wanted a sequel just for her
>>
>>67951289

These dogs seem overpowered
>>
File: woola orgasm.jpg (112 KB, 640x699) Image search: [Google]
woola orgasm.jpg
112 KB, 640x699
>>67951456

>Later on, Carter, in a little experiment, wrapped an arm around Woola's neck and began to stroke his head as one would stroke the head of a dog. Woola, who'd never before experienced kindness, felt an immediate love for the Earthman, and thereafter became his loyal hound.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.