[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Films, documentaries, etc. that make religion believable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
I've always wanted to believe in a higher power. I wish there were a heaven and a God, but I just feel that creationists haven't proven their case.

The more I research religion the more implausible it seems to me. So I ask, is there any documentary, movie, lecture, or WHATEVER out there that would help someone believe in a higher power?

A little background on myself+tl;dr:
>I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school, and I want to believe in God so badly, but I just don't. Could any of you recommend me something that could help me?

Much thanks in advance.
>>
Problem Child 2
>>
movies typically aren't the best place for things like that because Hollywood is run by atheist jews. The best place would be published debates at universities. John Lennox vs. Richard Dawkins at University of Alabama is good. Christopher Hitchens vs. William Lane Craig is good. Also any of Ravi Zacharias' speeches and Frank Turek's talks at universities.

movie wise Passion of the Christ is up there.
>>
>>67949246
Man of Steel & Batman v Superman
>>
File: christcuck.jpg (285 KB, 1484x1079) Image search: [Google]
christcuck.jpg
285 KB, 1484x1079
>>
>>67949361

I've seen the Lennox vs. Dawkins and it really makes the concept of creationism quite unbelievable.
>>
>>67949469
atheistic evolutionists are in a predicament, even if it was completely proven that all of life came from primordial ooze that would do nothing to prove the non-existence of a deity.
>>
File: ourladyoffatima_0.jpg (32 KB, 260x552) Image search: [Google]
ourladyoffatima_0.jpg
32 KB, 260x552
>>67949246
There are good films on miraculous events. Take for instance The Song of Bernadette and The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
>>
>>67949246
Evil Dead
>>
Movies probably won't help. Try reading/studying philosophy or theology
>>
>>67949246
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAAkEp0BV9Q
>>
>>67949246
The Tree of Life in a weird sort of way.
>>
>>67949644
Pretty much this
>>
Belief or non belief should only come from self experience.
I've had too many experiences in my life to rule all of them as coincidence. I believe I chose to experience the life I live before I was ever born.
Doesn't mean I don't struggle to want to continue this existence.
>>
Have you seen Miracle on 34th Street? Made me a believer.
>>
> it has to be Christ or nothing
Or what if we're all god, and we are each a means of experiencing life and shaping the world around us.
>>
>>67949246
exorcism of emily rose
>>
>>67949411
My sides
>>
>>67949892
the big bang through pantheism out the window, sorry pajeet.
>>
>>67949468
Catholicism is fucking gross.

The Pope is a shill. Basically the world's most well known ad executive
>>
>>67949246
If you're Catholic, attend an exorcism. When the demon takes you, you might start believing.
>>
David Berlinski v. Christopher Hitchens
>>
>>67949713
This is the only right answer
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.