[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Marvel, Pixar and Star Wars be finished for good now that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (738 KB, 879x527) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
738 KB, 879x527
Will Marvel, Pixar and Star Wars be finished for good now that no one wants to run a dying corporation?
>>
>>67949079

>Stepping down from being the most powerful man in the world

Why?
>>
hair not apparent heheheh
>>
>>67949079
I'll do it
>>
>>67949079
They are literally too big to fail. They hired some dude to run an offshoot called Pixar, and he crushed it so hard they just said fuck it, and hired him to direct their entire animation department. Meanwhile they own Marvel and ESPN. Even an idiot can keep this thing afloat if he/she does what Kevin Feige and John Lasseter fucking say to do.
>>
>>67949103
"Stepping down" is code word for being fired here. He's being set up as the fall guy for Shanghai Disneyland's construction turning into a bloated money-draining mess that's resulting in budgets being slashed significantly here in the stateside parks in order to compensate for the cost overuns
>>
File: aaargh too soon.jpg (65 KB, 477x636) Image search: [Google]
aaargh too soon.jpg
65 KB, 477x636
>>67949290
>mfw Henry Cavill is named the successor
>>
>>67949484

Pretty much this. Disney is so fucking huge at this point that it's more the off-shore decisions being taken into account.

Somebody made bad decisions in off-shore markets. Heads roll. Even CEOs.

It doesn't really matter who's at the head in a good company. A "good company" being the sole stock holders at the top.

It's the difference between an "EA" and a "anything other than fucking video game" corporation.

At least they keep Marvel pretty autonomous. Literally their Bread, Butter, Bacon, Milk, and now even some hamburgers on the side (spiderman and deadpool)
>>
>>67949484
But Shanghai's the only financial success Disney has made.

If anything it's because Disney's cashcow ESPN is failing and the shareholders don't think he can fix it.
>>
>>67950929
>But Shanghai's the only financial success Disney has made.

It's not even open yet. And Disney's foothold in China isn't as sturdy as you think. This is supposed to be their big impression on mainland China, but at the rate the fucked up construction is going, it'll probably open half finished with some attractions opening later in the year and aesthetic stuff like final paint probably not coming in until next year.
>>
>tom staggs
>flat nose

He wouldn't last in Jewsney
>>
He has the autism Disney needs but doesn't deserve right meow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEbIltfqdZE
>>
>>67951768
His wife's maiden name is Ramberg though
>>
>>67951917
He was certainly better for the parks then the Consumer Products merchant in there now that supposedly thinks shoehorning Guardians of the Galaxy into the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror as a prelude to a DCA Marvel Land would be a good idea.
>>
>heir apparent
>to one of the largest companies in the world

But feudalism ended ages ago, right guys?
>>
>>67953807
Someone's always got to take over a company when someone eventually steps down. It's no surprise that people are determined to be the replacement years before it's necessary.
>>
What I'm hearing now is they're looking for new blood rather then just promoting someone now.
>>
>>67954015
Im gonna send my resume with screencaps of all my /tv/ and /co/ posts promoting their products.
>>
>>67953807
But it's a publicly traded company
>>
in the end we'll all be dead
>>
>>67950929
If by financial success you mean the chinks agreed to it, then yes.

Besides that not much is known
>>
>>67953807
Wow, it's almost like Capitalism is a more sophisticated form of Feudalism.

You're the first person on the internet to figure this out. Make sure you tell everyone.
>>
>>67949103
While they have some of the most profitable franchises in the world, their ESPN side of business is bleeding money. Enough to endanger the corporation as a whole.
>>
Running likes rats from a sinking ship tbqh
>>
Feels good Jewllywood will die
>>
>>67954498
Actually, free markets are the truest form of freedom possible within humanity. Nice try, though, troll.
>>
>>67950929
Why is ESPN doing bad?
I don't really follow sports much.
>>
>>67956719
the internet exists and nobody wants to pay 100 bucks a month anymore for a few tv channels.
>>
>>67949290
holy shit
>>
>>67956762
Don't forget sports suck and nfl is allowing Twitter streaming of games.
>>
>>67956719
It turned into E! News for athletes. All they did was circlejerk Lebron and that faggot player for months.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.