[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got back form this. Can you pinpoint when everything went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: es super.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
es super.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
Just got back form this. Can you pinpoint when everything went to shit?

For me it was right after the bvs fight, after that everything in the movie was fan4stic bad.
>>
>>67948565

It was bad after the kryptonite scene at the beginnning till the knightmare scene, then it goes bad again till the fight night scene and then bad again during the funeral.

Doomsday is't finished after this movie. He comes back again and so does Superman.
>>
File: 1459690197895.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1459690197895.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>67948565

>Batman wrecks Superman
>then gets btfo by a group plumbers

Who writes this shit
>>
>>67948767

>Gunfire in Nirobi
>Durr hurr Superman killed them

Name a worse plothole in this movie
>>
It's shit because they tried to cram together a bunch of different storylines. The dark knight returns, death of superman, the flash paradox, inception on the justice league, and even a bit of under the red hood... All forcefully crammed together in one movie. Who the fuck thought that was a great idea?
>>
>that wannabe joker Lex Luthor
>>
So there was a scene with Lois taking to Perry in the Daily Planet asking for the use of a helicopter so she can fly to Gotham city. After Perry agrees, Lois heads to the roof to board the helicopter when the pilot asks where they are flying to. Lois points to the bat signal and says "there".

How the fuck is Gotham city so close to Metropolis? WTF?
>>
>>67950594
>How the fuck is Gotham city so close to Metropolis? WTF?

You dumb motherfucker, it's like that in the comics too.
>>
It was shit when superman saves louis lane I hated isla fisher as louis lane and really had no connection to her character so didn't care for any of her scenes.
>>
The only good part was the part where Bruce Wayne sees the destruction in MoS from his perspective

After that, the best part is when the closing credits start rolling
>>
>>67948827

Lex Luthor stopping Wally's checks to push Bruce to the edge. This means that not only did he know who batman was well ahead of time, but he had intended to use the cripple guy to get get batman to want to fight supes.

So pretty much Lex started planning this out like a week after the events of MoS well before the discovery of the extra kryptonite.
>>
>>67948565
Opening night, right when Batman has his future nightmare dream with bugs and Super ISIS I looked to both of my friends (who are huge dorks) and I just said audibly "This whole thing just turn a HARD left turn."

Everyone in my surrounding area seemed to agree. So whatever after that- it just became unrelentingly bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 600x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 600x281
>>67950633
So if you were standing on the roof of the Daily Planet,myou figure you could visibly see the Gotham police station? Really?
>>
>>67948565
I literally burst out loud laughing in the theater when they were doing the Batman origin.

When the young boy is lifted out of the hole by the bats, I could not take it seriously. It was hilariously bad. That was first 30 seconds.
>>
>>67951583
Or when the pearl necklace gets hooked around the gun so that it snaps and the pearls scatter the moment the gun is fired... uugh
>>
>>67951583
I laughed at El Flasho
>>
>>67951012

No but you could see the Batsignal on a clear night you fucking retard.
>>
>>67951664
Idk, i kind of liked that. Would've been nice if the guy was showered in blood because he literally blew someones head off at 20cm range.
>>
Right when Luthor says ahoyhoy

They should have kept it BvS without Wonderwoman and the justice fags

have her come in after her own movie

also, keep the Nolan realism that made MoS at least passable

doomsday was shit cgi
>>
>>67948565
The previous movie.
>>
File: 1335685402014.jpg (104 KB, 596x596) Image search: [Google]
1335685402014.jpg
104 KB, 596x596
>>67951763
>on a clear night
>with no clouds to shine the signal on

You retarded mongoloid.
>>
>>67951583
that was just a dream. he said that the bats were giving him hope, but it was a lie
>>
>>67951742
I also laughed at when Superman was talking about how he loved this world, because Lois Lane, youre my world, I love you.

Do the comics do a better job of establishing WHY Clark Kent and Lois Lane love each other? I felt nothing for their relationship because why would they care for each other? They simply work at the same newspaper.
>>
>>67951925
This. Everyone seems to have misunderstood that
>>
>>67950633
>>67951763
You seem upset. Did someone trigger your delicate capeshit sensibilities? Get a fucking grip, dipshit.
>>
>>67951971
You probably misunderstood the fact that this was supposedly to be represented by Lex's picture which he believed to be upside-down.

It was hamfisted shit.
>>
File: Jose_Chung.jpg (59 KB, 991x746) Image search: [Google]
Jose_Chung.jpg
59 KB, 991x746
Don't be dark.
>>
I thought the movie was fine until the big fight.

>>67948827
Unless it was suppose to imply that Superman had PMCs of his own like in the Knightmare sequence or something then it didn't make much sense at all.

I'd have to watch the scene again as I don't remember what the woman told the senators about it.
>>
>>67952193

Superman isn't being blame of murdering the niggas, he's being blamed of escalating the situation. It was to show that Superman should be regulated or someone because his involvement always fuck things up.
>>
>>67952327
Thanks for the clarification on that bud.
>>
>>67951664

>comic book movie that literally adapts panel shots you would see in a comic

Why do people hate this again?

I get that editing was crap and the justice League shit was horribly hammed in, but everything else about this was good. Each scene had something good about it.
>>
Is Luthor usually a massive fedora tipping weirdo?
>>
So all I see in these threads is retards that didn't understand what they saw.
I think I just described /tv/
>>
>>67952705
BUT HES GOOD AT BASKETBALL
>>
>>67952609
Wasn't the mugger trying to grab the pearl necklace, and that's how it got broken? The way they did it in BvS just seemed far too over-stylized, they made it less realistic for the sake of some artsy cinimitography. Why is the mugger sitting there pointing a gun at her while her necklace is all tangled around his gun? Dumb.
>>
File: 1357405123790.jpg (61 KB, 960x954) Image search: [Google]
1357405123790.jpg
61 KB, 960x954
>>67952723
Leave it to the people who keep forcing STOP INVINCIBLE SON even though Clark agrees that's the stupidest thing he's done and ignore actual funny shit like when he's sinking into the pile of bones or Zod randomly going AAAAAAAAAAAAA before they hit the ground near the end.
>>
>>67951664
THANK YOU. I've been telling everyone who'll listen to me how much I hated that ham-fisted shit and no one seemed to get what made me so mad about it. It's so good to know I'm not alone.
>>
>>67948565
>The beginning fucked me up, Superman's a fucking superterrorist
>Batman going full enhanced interrogation was cool
>Redditboi and Skinny Jew were terrible casting, what the fuck
3/10
>>
>>67948565
The exact moment they fucked up is when Superman pushed Batman.
Batman should have shot him with the gas grenade and Superman catches it while trying to be reasonable, sparking Superman to fight for his and his mother's life. I didn't mind the Martha bit, but he should have said "save her, please" pausing Batman and then Lois run in and shield Superman and she says "please you have to save his mother Martha" giving him the name thing.
cue everything up to the doomsday part. Doomsday can be there but only if it doesn't attack Lex and instead protects Lex from Superman. We need Doomsday because i justifies Wonder Woman's whole sub plot. I'm indifferent to Superman's death. really everything after his death didn't bother me, but they should have had Wonder Woman still holding down Doomsday with the lasso, like she did in an earlier show, to justify Superman using the spear.
>>
>>67953306
>3/10
This is the hottest meme I have seen in a long time.
Movie was good, not bright in any way but it wasn't bad.
6/10 maybe 6.5/10
>>
>>67953060
>No AU story where Superman's ship lands in Iran with Superman fighting for the glory of Allah, his prophet Muhammad (Pbth) and the Shi'a faith
>>
>>67953630
>you have to save his mother Martha

That's worse than what they actually wrote pham.
>>
File: Martha's pearls.jpg (13 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
Martha's pearls.jpg
13 KB, 720x320
>>67952874

>The way they did it in BvS just seemed far too over-stylized, they made it less realistic for the sake of some artsy cinimitography.

It was to give you a boner, man.

The killer brushes his gun on Martha's face in a very suggestive way, as if the gun was his dick, then he tries to strip the pearls from her a very sensual way, and when he shoots in her face, might i add, one of the pearls explodes in a white hot messy fury of passion.
>>
>>67953762
why? the Martha line isn't bad, it just makes no sense that Superman says it
>>
>>67952874
>The way they did it in BvS just seemed far too over-stylized, they made it less realistic for the sake of some artsy cinimitography
>complaining about realism in a capeshit about a flying man fighting a dude that dresses like a bat
>>
>>67952874
It was homage to DKR
>>67953772
I still can't believe that's maggie from Walking Dead
>>
File: 1435534281586.gif (981 KB, 224x168) Image search: [Google]
1435534281586.gif
981 KB, 224x168
>>67953707
>Shi'a
>>
>>67948767
Wrecked by a bunch of plumbers? Did I fall asleep for that scene?
>>
>>67953932
>being a Sunni

Ali was the only true Caliph, Abu Bakr was a usurper!
>>
This movie wasn't great, but god damn has it driven home just how awful people are at watching movies.

Continually dumbfounded at some of the comments and questions pertaining to it. I guess critical thinking went the way of the dodo.
>>
So something I've been wondering about this shitshow for a while

If Superman is hinted to coming back like a month after getting a spike rammed through his chest while weakened by kryptonite why didn't Zod come back to life in the year and a half since MoS?
>>
>>67948565
>MoS and BvS only depict him as a selfish prick with anger problems

>HE'S JEBUS

Zach Snyder has no idea what a jesus is
>>
>>67954020
its astounding how hard people can't understand something
>>
>>67954103
So selfish he flies around the world saving people even though half the people hate or hear him
>>
>>67954103

He's not Jesus, though. That's the point. Superman is just a boy from Kansas trying to do good. It's the rest of the people that see in him what the answer to their problems. So to them he's either Jesus, God, the Devil or a great white whale.

That's the whole point.
>>
>>67951583
people say it's bad but they didnt even understand what actually happened

also OP:
>implying batman saving martha wasnt hype
>>
>>67954103
you're talking about low hanging fruit we've gone through the jesus imagery a thousand times try to keep up
>>
>>67953971
Whatever. Another reason for Bin Al-Falek to do away with the alien.
>>
why do people even watch capeshit anyway? so many other better films to watch. This gen is so fucking retarded.
>>
>>67951583
How do I upvote in this new site.
>>
>>67948827
>Name a worse plothole in this movie

Your brain for not being able to understand that scene
>>
>>67954161
This is one of the reasons, that Chris Nolan's movies did so well.

Guy spells out every god damn theme, idea and plot line in his movies so that every fucking autist can feel like a scholar when they come out of it.
>>
>>67953630
>like she did in an earlier show, to justify Superman using the spear.
But WW does that.
>>
>>67954053
Supes had a longer exposition to solar radiation.
Also why does DC calls our sun a "yellow sun" our sun is fucking white.
>>
>>67954154
The trouble is that this is a fairly radically different interpretation of Superman, and a lot of people were pissed off by it.
>>
File: readImage.jpg (21 KB, 494x298) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
21 KB, 494x298
>>67953630
>People complain Superman isn't Superman enough

>Suggests Superman gives spear to someone else so that he doesn't get hurt
>>
>>67954493

Yeah, that's a valid response.
>>
>>67951012
It varies from comic to comic. In this universe, they're apparently twin cities like San Francisco and Oakland. I would've preferred Batman just going to Metropolis, and having Gotham on the other side of the country.
>>
>>67954103
Another person who didn't understand the movie and shits on it.

Superman is not Jesus, he is not meant to be Jesus, that's Supes theme in Snyder's movie.
The people see him as Jesus, hence why we see the POV of the people he rescue as if he is a godly figure.
However, Clark is just a Kansas boy trying to do the right thing.

Seriously, why is this movie so hard to understand? Are you people legitimately dumb?
>>
>>67954320
Such as?
>>
I just watched this last night and I can't go thru all the spots where I literally WTFed.

One of top 3:

After Lex kidnaps Martha and Lois, and tells Superman he has 1 hr to fight Batman to the death, why was Batman waiting? Was he texting Luther, like "hey bro lmk when superman is on his way so i can prep these 50 cal turrets. Thnx bro"

Why was Batman hunting down CRIMINALS hoping they would lead to SUPERMAN. What connection do those things have? It isn't even like Superman was fighting criminals at that time. So what connection do gangsters, warlords, and criminals have to SUPERMAN. Like why was Batman torturing random thugs hoping they would lead to Superman? IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE
>>
>>67950625
they made them sister cities in this universe.
>>
>>67950751
That scene also implies that Bruce is a total retard who can't manage checks and accounts for shit. Direct wiring to accounts is a thing, why would a billionaire send fucking paper checks, especially without knowing whether they've been cashed or sent back?

>>67948565
The movie goes to shit immediately after the hearing bomb. From that point on it wants you to have your brain off, yet wasted all that time setting up a whole lot of nothing. It's like if two YouTube fan shorts about bvs was mish mashed together, except the cgi would've been better even if handled by no budget amateurs.
>>
>>67954606

The Lex and Bat-Signal thing makes no sense, yeah.

The Batman hunt thing was Batman trying to find something that he knew was somewhat connected to Superman.
>>
>>67954399
I don't remember if she was holding his down the whole time. I only saw the movie once. I plan on going again though
>>67954534
neither of those things were what i said. I was fine with him using the spear and I think he's a great character
>>
>>67954544
That's the whole trouble with Superman. He's not fucking Iron Man, who was a nobody before the movies. The most famous thing to happen to Iron Man before RDJ was Civil War nearly permanently ruining the character. Tony didn't quip or have wit or anything like that before RDJ, that was a radical change that he could make since nobody fucking knew who Iron Man was.

EVERYONE knows Superman from the Donner movies. That's his character in the public consciousness, that and maybe the old 90s cartoons from WB. If you're going to deviate that you've got to make sure people buy in and accept what you're doing, you've got to wrap it in a really good, compelling story, and there has to be a payoff. Snyder of course did none of this, so Superman is the thing a lot of people don't like about BvS.
>>
>>67954606
I hated the movie. I have a lot of issues with it that I share with people, like you, but goddamn do people like you give us a bad rap. Did you even watch the movie? Bruce caught wind about the Kryptonite and he wanted to get his hands on it. He traced it back to someone, but it turned out to be a ship Lex was using. He wasn't looking for Superman, he was looking for Kryptonite.
>>
>>67954606
>Why was Batman hunting down CRIMINALS hoping they would lead to SUPERMAN. What connection do those things have? It isn't even like Superman was fighting criminals at that time. So what connection do gangsters, warlords, and criminals have to SUPERMAN. Like why was Batman torturing random thugs hoping they would lead to Superman? IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE
You are retarded kill yourself.
Bats was investigating the ship that came with the kryptonite you stupid retard, not Superman
>After Lex kidnaps Martha and Lois, and tells Superman he has 1 hr to fight Batman to the death, why was Batman waiting? Was he texting Luther, like "hey bro lmk when superman is on his way so i can prep these 50 cal turrets. Thnx bro"
Lex just made his move at the same time as Batman, because Batman went to his lab and stole the kryptonite. Lex rushed to kidnap Supes mom and planned his move for when he saw the bat in the sky.
>>
>>67954377
That's not a plothole, anon. Taking stuff literal is a sign of autism
>>
>>67954597

kilo two bravo

Just watched it on netflix and it was a great film. Nobody even talks about it here.
>>
>>67954590
>However, Clark is just a Kansas boy trying to do the right thing.

>what was I supposed to do... let them die?
>maybe

No, it's a hack script desperately clawing for depth at every turn. It has all the complexity of Neon Genesis Evangelion; ergo, shit.
>>
>>67954606
Batman was waiting for Superman to come to him.
In their previous encounter, Superman told Batman to not go to the Bat-signal. So Batman turned the Bat-Signal on so Superman would go to Bruce's location, the location that he trapped.

He was after the WHITE PORTUGUESE.
>>
>The plebs what they do not understand.

How did Zack know?
>>
>>67954865
Papa Kent was talking about the consequence of Clark's actions.
Clark was just a child, revealing himself as an all-powerful alien would be bad attention, specially towards a child.

And how are you trying to justify Clark's actions with Papa Kent?

You are desperately grasping at straws to hate the movie now. Kinda pathetic.
>>
>>67954707
>>67954777
>>67954820

Yeah, let me torture these random petty thugs about a rare mineral that I know next to nothing about. I get that he was trying to find out about superman BUT why focus on petty thugs. Those dudes didn't really seem to have any connection to international rare mineral smuggling. They were fucking street criminals in gotham. Not fucking micronesia where the K was found.
>>
>>67954865

>what was I supposed to do... let them die?
>maybe

This meme shit.

Jonathan was scared. He was worried about his own son getting hurt, about people's reaction turning his son's life into a nightmare, about the government coming to take his son. He was a scared parent who was angry. He didn't had the answer and he didn't believed in what he really said.

It was a very human and emotional moment between father and son.
>>
>>67954777
Thank you. I enjoyed the movie personally, but it's nice to see even those who didn't calling out genuine idiots who think they're in good company.
>>
>>67954995
>Batman going after smugglers
>So that he can eventually use the ship they used to smuggle illegal goods into the city
>They are, in fact smuggling Kryptonite into the city

You're right, that shit made no sense.
>>
>>67954997
Yes

To this day I cannot believe how people misread this scene

Like, to me if come away from that scene with the notion that "hurrrr Pa Kent told Clark to let them die" you're officially in the spectrum
>>
>>67948565
>man i'm a super hero and i dont want any of this! waaaaaa im so sad

I wanna see super man be super, not a whiny little faggot
>>
>>67948565
When Batman dreamed about being lifted up by group of bats. At that point I knew the film was shit and left the theater.
>>
File: 1459546576987.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459546576987.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>67954997
>people having genuine human relateable reactions and character development instead of delivering sardonic jokes

YOU ARE WRONG! HE SHOULD HAVE QUIPPED, OR MADE A REFERENCE TO AN 80'S PROPERTY!

That's how real superhero movies do it!
>>
>>67955142
go away kevin or i'll tell WB on you
>>
>>67954995
I'll quote the scene here where Alfred and Bruce talk about it:
>So, last night was productive?
>Nope. Too low level. He knew nothing. This is a man who knows things, Anatoli Knyazev, he's Russian, contracts all over the globe, but he is based on the port of Gotham. Weapons, human trafficking...
>So the "White Portuguese" is a Russian, that's the theory?
>No, the theory is that the Russian will lead me to the man himself
>If he is indeed a "him", you don't even know if he exists, he could be a phantasm
>One that wants to bring a dirty bomb to Gotham

Can you understand now why is Bruce torturing thugs? Or is it too hard for your little mind to understand?
>>
>>67954997
But the movie never really adequately balances this out. There isn't an equally powerful scene with Pa Kent talking to Clark about, say, the importance of doing the right thing, or of standing up for the weak.

It's one thing to show him as scared, but with no counterbalance he comes off as heartless.
>>
>>67955205
mask of the phantasm live action confirmed???
>>
>>67954997
Pa Kent out classed Uncle Ben in my eyes.
this whole scene still makes me feel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHVo5qwJ9Ko
>>
>>67955205
>>Nope. Too low level. He knew nothing.
Oh, kinda like I said. Hmm?

Batman was a shit detective if this was the best he could do to find clues leading to Superman, Kryptonite, or to advance the plot
>>
>>67955205
Wait...did they actually have KGBeast in the movie? or just mention him....
>>
>>67955289
Still can't understand the scene?

Christ, that's sad. Not being able to understand capeshit...
Don't procreate, anon, the world will be better off.
>>
>>67955289
I guess there needed to be an extra quip in there for you to get it
>>
>>67955227

CLARK WAS A KID. He shouldn't be worrying about risking his life for others.

The problem is that you're thinking in superhero terms, so to you any time Clark isn't risking his life is bad, but a kid shouldn't do that no matter his powers.
>>
File: img-11.jpg (72 KB, 780x479) Image search: [Google]
img-11.jpg
72 KB, 780x479
>>67955314
Yes, they did. But not in his uniform or anything.
This is the guy who played it.
>>
File: 1405303776448s.jpg (8 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1405303776448s.jpg
8 KB, 208x249
>>67955272
>can't i just keep pretending i'm your son
>you are my son
Kevin Costner delivers that line perfectly
>>
>>67955289
Well, kill yourslef.
You are just like a friend of mine, when he doesn't understand something he formulates some bullshit to try to explain it on his own. Then when you explain that something to him with the actual facts he just denies them or tries to find a loophole.
>>
>>67955227
>It's one thing to show him as scared, but with no counterbalance he comes off as heartless.

He comes off as an actual human parent that loves his child above all else and wants to protect him. He outright tells him that what his purpose is is up to him and for him to decide. He isn't putting comic book ideals onto his son, because he is scared for him and what will happen to him. He is under no obligation to groom his son to become a superhero, instead he gives him a choice, and the desire to do good comes from Clark himself, as shown throughout the film.

>>67955371 is right. You're thinking in comic book terms, while Pa Kent is just trying to protect his son as best as he can.
>>
>>67955490
This is a comic book movie, why shouldn't it be like the comics? If I want a realistic portrayal of a father terrified of the dangers his son could face, I'll go watch something else.

Also this is all really fucking rich for us to get a 'more realistic' Superman alongside a nearly perfect comics Batman.
>>
>>67955545
>This is a comic book movie
Yea, and whining that it isn't Marvel-like is a shit argument. It is a super hero movie, with a different take on the source material. You don't have to like it, but complaining that it's not what you wanted is silly.
>>
>>67955545
Like clockwork.
>>
>>67955616
Then it's a case of false advertising and people should demand their money back. They went to see a Superman movie and that's what Snyder should have given them.
>>
>>67954590
>MoS has Russel Crowe hammer in "Your a god to these people, lead them into the light!"
>I..it's suppose to be about mankind making a false idol out of a man!

I'm not saying your wrong, but Synder did a shit job at making it clear that Supes isn't suppose to be mankind's god.
>>
>>67955656
They did get a Superman movie, and it's the most interesting live-action take on the character I have ever seen. You just didn't get "muh Superman" movie. Sorry.
>>
>>67955671
and you're doing a shit job of taking one line from one character in context
i'm not going to meme you with capekino but you can't make one character's view the view of the whole movie
>>
>>67955671
Snyder in general seems to really, REALLY like the idea of Superman as a god. That's how he comes off all the time. He's either radiant and shining above everyone or he's brooding and distant.

He's never really humble or charming, which is a fucking shame because Cavill has a huge capacity for charm.
>>
>>67955671
His fathers don't define who he is. They inform his development. BvS is him still trying to wrestle with who he is, where he belongs and what he is.

I mean, going back to the original movies and comics, any real kid would have gotten FUCKED by all the expectations and posturing laid at his feet by both sets of parents.
>>
The Congress Bombing. Before that I had hope, but afterwards the movie became pure trash.
>>
>>67955671
It's not like Pa Kent exists or anything. Oh, wait.
>>
File: 1457409876007.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1457409876007.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>>67948565
>Can you pinpoint when everything went to shit?
IMO There were 2 crucial moments when it went to shit:

1st act : Good movie overall
>Mexican Flash in Batfleck dream
2nd act: Passable movie with weird stuff here and there
>Why did you say that name?
3rd act: The fuck were you thinking Snyder!!!!!!?????

However the movie didn't even feel close to the Trankwreck of Fanfourstick
>>
>>67955671
>literally a "I didn't get it" post
Pleb it up

>>67955747
>i'm not going to meme you with capekino
That's all he deserved.
>>
>>67955671

Did you ever thought that Jor-El could be wrong? He wanted his alien son to be a God to the stupid humans because he felt powerless to change his society.
>>
>>67955765

>Snyder in general seems to really, REALLY like the idea of Superman as a god.

God, again? THE POINT OF BVS IS THAT SUPERMAN IS NOT A GODDAMN GOD!

FOR FUCK'S SAKE! FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
>>
>>67955765
Having superman down to earth, humble and charming would have helped get the point across that man was making this Kryptonian who isn't perfect into a false idol.

Instead since he's always either arrogant or radiating god imagery we're left to imagine that Superman is taking his space dad's advice and just playing the role of god to these mortals.
>>
>>67955845
Someone should just make one of those youtube videos explaining this shit.
>>
>>67955671
The movie even talks about the difference of opinion between Jor-El and Papa Kent.

Papa Kent didn't want Clark to assume the responsibility of being the world's saviour.
Jor-El wanted Kal-El to be a God, an ideal to strive for.

Different fathers from different worlds with a different view.

Snyder made it Super-Clear, mate.
>>
Zack Snyder ain't the best director in the world by a long shot, but I genuinely feel bad for the guy. All the shit slinging and insults that have been flown his way by people and these same people are seemingly incapable of actually understanding the movie. And not in a "2deep4u" bullshit manner, obviously there's some pseudo philosophizing in his movies, but in just the most basic ways to watch and understand movies.

I mean, fuck
>>
>>67955863

>Instead since he's always either arrogant or radiating god imagery we're left to imagine that Superman is taking his space dad's advice and just playing the role of god to these mortals.

The imagery is there to fool the audience, anon. That's why he always shown as radiant.

You don't find weird how the Christian imagery is only there whenever Superman is interacting with normal people? Because they're placing him in a Christian context. You're watching the scenes through the gaze of the people interacting with Superman.
>>
>>67954727
So seems like the correct review for this movie is "divisive", people who like, like everything on it, people who hate it can't reach a consensus.
>>
>>67955863
I thought so too. Until I watched MoS for the second time a few hours ago. He was more heroic than I remembered.
>>
>>67955957
Fuck no, it's flawed as hell, but it's not the disaster many are struggling to make it seem.

The director's cut will most likely improve the film a lot as it is essentially 30 minutes of plot and character that was removed.
>>
File: A10V10_thnx_YIFY.jpg (152 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
A10V10_thnx_YIFY.jpg
152 KB, 1600x1200
>>67955314
I thought the Russian from BvS was the "Pooches man" from TDK
>>
>>67948565
it was shit at the beginning. but if the first half was structured a bit better, the movie then went to fucking shit when the wheelchair blew up.
>>
>>67956026
And yet some people say it was boring.
>>
>>67956092
Adding 30 minutes, which also consists of adding to existing scenes also eases up and improves pacing. Just because it will be longer doesn't mean it will be more boring or anything like that. In fact it could make it less so for some since there will be a more natural plot progression
>>
>>67955931
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2015.htm
Look at all those sheckels, man. I don't think he gives a fuck.
>>
>>67955956

Here are the moments where the Christian imagery shows up in MoS:

When he saves the coworkers of the oil-rig walking through the flames leaving everybody in a state of awe.
When he's talking with the priest, a man of faith.
When his father asks him to be like a God to humanity right before diving to rescue Lois.

You can see that in these scenes the faith of the people surrounding him is what gives him his "divine" qualities, because that's how they view him.
>>
>>67955845
>THE POINT OF BVS IS THAT SUPERMAN IS NOT A GODDAMN GOD!

>Clark with Cheesuschrist in the church scene in MoS
>Supes literally being in crucifix position in both MoS and BvS
>Lex speech "If men can't kill GOD, the devil will do it!"
>Metaphors and close-ups of Lex painting of God vs Devil

Did you really watched BvS?
>>
>>67956165
>Adding 30 minutes, which also consists of adding to existing scenes also eases up and improves pacing.
What I'm saying is that a common complaint is that the movie dragged on too much, that "there was nothing happening for long chunks of time". Like I said, people can't agree on what was really a sin in the movie.
>>
>>67948565
>For me it was right after the bvs fight, after that everything in the movie was fan4stic bad.
Except that is factually wrong...
>Bats rescuing Martha was the best fight scene in live action Batman history... that alone buts it above ANYTHING or all of F4.
But on top of that...
>Doomsday's CGI was not perfect but still a million times better then almost all the CGI in F4.
>Doomsday was a much better villain the 2015 Doom.
>Clark got 2 great heroic sacrifice moments first with the nuke then the spear.
>WW was fucking badass and sexy.
>Batman using up all his tech just to stay alive against the beast was awesome.
>Lex calling his henchmen to confirm Martha being dead only for Bruce to answer is a more cheer worthy moment then anything in F4.
>Clark accepting this and Lois is his world and telling her he loves her was more emotionally effective then anything in F4.
>>
>>67956205
Did you?

The people see him as a a god. Every time he is shown in a Messianic light, he is shown at the people's POV.

The priest in the church, seeing Clark with the Christ behind him.
Jor-El AI seeing him in a crucifix position, ready to sacrifice himself to save Earth.
Lex seeing him as God.
In the flood scene in BvS the people on the roof seeing his silhouette contrasted against the sunlight.

PEOPLE see Clark as god.
>>
>>67956049
nope confirmed KGBeast
>>
>>67956205
He died BECAUSE he wasn't a god, that the point. He can't be everywhere to save everyone, he can't save people from themselves, he's not immortal and doesn't has the best mind to use his powers to maximum effectiveness.
>>
>>67956205

You know why CIA agent Jimmy Olsen died during the opening sequence of the movie? To show that Superman isn't fast enough to save everyone. That was important to chock the audience right at the start.

During the entire movie you can see that Superman have clear limitations, being it either physical or psychological/emotional. He's also troubled by the adoration/hate. HE BLEEDS!

Think, man. I mean, Superman and Batman stop fighting because Batman start to see Superman AS FUCKING HUMAN!
>>
Batman's murderous antics makes me question how he has villains in this universe.
>>
>>67956351
That only happened after Robin's death and stopped at the end of BvS.
>>
>>67956351

Batman started to kill very recently. The news says that Batman came back more brutal and that he had branded it's second criminal, which meant certain death for them in jail. The Superman debacle was what brought him back and to stop giving a fuck.
>>
File: 1459433890693.png (28 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
1459433890693.png
28 KB, 186x208
>>67956295
Huh? But that was exactly my point anon, that BvS was about Superman being treated as a god, I even forget "Being resurrected after death"

>>
>>67956451
stepping in here,
BvS starts taking from Dying-and-Rising myths as a historical trope more than the straight common idea of christ(gospels weren't the first depiction of a guy dying and rising)
further still, i take superman's death to be a dig at christianity
>>
>>67956312
Jimmy Olson died because Snyder didn't want to have him meaningful to the story while having "fun". He said so himself. So Jimmy dying wasn't a way of portraying supes as limited it was straight up admitted shit writing.

There are ways to show supermans limits and the movie takes every wrong route in showing them.
>>
Did they ever mention why they used special bullets that could be linked to Lex instead of standard bullets that have billions of identical clones that can't be traced to anyone?
>>
>>67956696
it's possible for things to have multiple functions, anon
>>
>>67956451

The characters are the ones seeing and treating him as a God, but Superman himself is far from God and that is the point.

In MoS you've the clash of generations where Superman has to choose his own path while Jonathan and Jor-El gives him two different advice.

First he faced his (and Jonathan's fears) and outed himself.
Then he faced the fact that there's no salvation for Krypton - Jor-El's ghosts wanted him to unite humans and the surviving kryptonians.

Then in BvS you see people projecting their issues on Superman seeing him as either their answer to God or Devil, while Superman himself can't bear the burden or really be as effective as he or people hope he would. Leading it all up to him recognizing that the only thing he can control, his own little world, is Lois and Martha.
>>
>>67956727
to frame superman
>>
>>67956696

It's both because Jimmy Olsen won't serve a function in future movies and because he wanted to chock the audience with a death that Superman couldn't stop. That's why he wanted a big actor in the role.

He was going to cast Jesse Eisenberg as Jimmy Olsen. That way people would see Jesse, a big actor, and think that he'd have a big role as the iconic friend of Superman in the movie, but then BANG. Jesse/Jimmy is fucking dead and Superman couldn't save him.
>>
>>67956205
lol, you went full pleb bro
Never go full pleb
>>
>>67950691
I really liked how Bruce had to tell his employees to get out of the building because they were too dumb to equate the giant UFO wreaking havoc on the city with danger.
>>
>>67952609
Because an effective way to convey a story through still images looks retarded with moving pictures
>>
>>67953630
Honestly superman escalating that encounter was stupid to begin with, completely out of character.

Ask yourself, what would superman, literally the greatest hero done when he needs someone's help?

If the answer is assault him then you are as retarded as Zack
>>
>>67956295
What about that scene with the dead body of Superman, with those retarded crosses on the background? Who was seeing him as a god?
>>
>>67954486
>our sun is fucking white
Clearly you've only seen one sun, git gud pleb
>>
>>67957039

Everybody around him? He had just martyred himself.
>>
>>67956852
>lol
Stopped reading here
>>
>>67957039
>with those retarded crosses on the background?
You mean graves?
>>67957023
He literally asked for help and Bat of Murder started hitting him, he even told him to stop and that he didn't wanted to hurt him.
>>
>>67948565
Henry Cavill is such a shitty superman. Look at that ugly fuck.
>>
>>67955845
THEN HE DOES A REALLY SHITTY JOB OF SHOWING IT
>>
>>67957023
>Honestly superman escalating that encounter was stupid to begin with
The point is that they're still "MMM BOYS".
>no natural inclination to share.

It makes sense from a thematic point of view too, MoS was about the birth of Superman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3SLLEzkG8c, BvS was about Superman reaching manhood.
>>
>>67957023
You fucking what? Superman didn't escilate anything. Last time I checked, Batman blasted him with some kind of sonic wave emitter then shot at him with miniguns.
>>
>>67956742
Not with Snyder.

>>67956844
There was no shock with Jimmy cause no one knows who Jimmy is. His name won't be dropped out of interviews and in the movie til the directors cut is out so his death was meaningless.
>>
>>67957315
He's a decent actor stuck with shitty writers. That's for everyone involved but gadot and eisenberg.
>>
>>67955957
i liked it, not everything though
>>
>>67956258
not same anon, but that's a common Snyder complaint. Personally i don't mind long movies, if they are worth the time. Batman v Superman wasn't perfect, but it didn't feel 2 and half hours to me
>>
>>67957653
>Not with Snyder.
i'm not familiar with snyder's work but it seemed obvious to me the extent to which things would serve multiple purposes
>the dialogue
all the time there were bits of dialogue that references real world history that were used in a way relevant to what was going on in the plot, ie it's not 1938 and the line about how the american dream died with idr who
i'm not praising it, but it is there
>when luthor bombs the hearing, he literally kills mercy
it seemed to me that every time they could they tried to at least get some sort of double meaning out of whatever was happening on screen
>>
>>67957221
The point of the whole movie is that he isn't an all-powerful God. Lex succeeds, Batman and the world finally see his humanity and vulnerable side.
>Demons come from the sky
Think about Superman's monument, it's reaching down on people from above. This causes people to fear and hate him, an all-powerful god can become a tyrant after all (this is foreshadowed on Bruce's nightmare and by Flash).
After his sacrifice to humanity, people start seeing him in a different light. He's not supposed to be adored, he's supposed to inspire people.
The monument destroyed by Doomsday is replaced by a simple plate at ground level that reads: If you seek my monument look around you.

Batman's faith in moral absolutes is restored too.
>Men are still good. We fight, we kill, we betray one another. But we can rebuild, we can do better. We will, we have to.

Your mistake was assuming that Snyder wants to portray him as a God with the religious imagery. Instead, he uses it to portray how PEOPLE around him see him, not what the real Superman is really like.
So, like that anon said, you did go full pleb.
>>
>>67958128
Don't bother. The meme of "Marvel fans are too dumb for BvS," isn't a meme.
>>
>>67958128
Just letting you know your explanations aren't in vain, I didn't get that it was people viewing Superman as God until now.
>>
>>67958128
But, again, I want to stress that that's not how it comes off, at least not to me and a lot of other moviegoers. It came off a lot more like Snyder was encouraging us to see Superman as a god.

Maybe we are all too stupid. I feel like he could have done a better job showing it, though.
>>
File: wisdom.jpg (76 KB, 851x477) Image search: [Google]
wisdom.jpg
76 KB, 851x477
>>67958827
>>
>>67958912
Rewatch MoS and you'll realize the religious imagery is used in the same way. Whenever the religious imagery appears, try to see it from Clark's POV. A lot of his internal struggle is caused by the fact that he knows he shouldn't be seen as a diety.
The scene where he talks with the priest comes to mind.
I like how the priest calmly tries talks to him like he would anyone looking to confess, even if the whole world's fate is at stake and might depend on what he says to Clark.
>>
>>67959077
*deity
>>
>>67952609
It shows that Snyder has only the most shallow understanding of the comics. Rather than adapting the stories to movies and doing them in a way that works for that medium while still staying true to the feel of the original, he tells his own story that has nothing in common with the comics apart from a few shots being directly copied from the panels.
>>
>>67959077
>I like how the priest calmly tries talks to him like he would anyone looking to confess
Yet it's clear by his face how awed, and how this is beyond him, he is. That guy made that scene quite memorable to me.
>>
HELP
I'M STARTING TO LIKE MAN OF STEEL
https://youtu.be/XwMwrFipAxQ
>>
>>67953960
>Wrecked by a bunch of plumbers?
So this was some hot gay porn movie? Damn snyder really is shocking the masses. Gonna go watch it now.
>>
>>67959178
That's a very superficial take. Everyone complained that Batman didn't have the same moral compass like the one in the comics, but forget that by the end of the movie he's changed more akin to the version everyone hopes in seeing.
Same goes for Clark, he's been transforming since MoS and slowly becoming the Superman everyone wants to see. Read>>67957464
>>
>>67959267
Rejoice brother, you're starting to see the light.
>>
>>67948565
Bat jesus Bruce.
>>
Why did they have to kill Superman? Snyder says all these wonderful things, but then comes out and admits that he wants Batman to form the Justice League. Talks about getting Superman out of the way. It really infuriates me. Wasn't there a way to give Clark character development without fucking killing him?
>>
>>67957280
No, not quite, superman lands in front of Batman, tries talking to him, but gets caught in that high pitched sound trap thing (?) Then he says to Batman, you don't understand, there's no time, and Batman says, I understand, and then superman pushes him.

Completely out of character, needlessly escalating the situation when he needs Batman on his side. Made zero sense
>>
Why is it that everyone on /tv/ that can't appreciate and comprehend capekino just trashes it instead?

Do you trash Tarkovsky kino because you don't understand that?
>>
>>67957464
Even in both Snyder films superman doesn't escalate encounters, except for this one.

In man of steel he tries much harder to defuse situations
>>
>>67959415

Without Superman there's a reason for the JL to exist, because his death redeemed and inspired Batman and WW, and because there's a power vacuum..
>>
>>67957646
Both of which were about as dangerous to him as a fly bumping into your or I, superman is shocked by these things then quickly realises that they are no danger to him, and the miniguns came after the push anyway, see >>67959467
>>
>>67959467
>>67959519

He's flawed, and this time it's personal, his priority is to save his mother. In MoS he reacts the same way when the Kryptonians rough up Martha.
From that scene I take that he sees that Batman isn't willing to listen, plus gets pissed after the high-pitched noise and minigun (he does show pain, he bends down with the sound and visibly covers himself from the gun).
So now think of his frame of mind, he doesn't have much time, and this guy is being a dick, so it's probably the best thing to rough him up a little and then talk to him, or maybe at this point he's so pissed at him that he thinks simply killing him would be a faster way to save his mother.
>Not everyone stays good in this world, Lois.
>If I wanted it you'd be dead already.
Again, see>>67957464

Also remember that Lex has been sending messages to Clark for him to see Batman as a threat (he receives photographs at the Daily Planet with one of the guys Bruce branded, and is visibly angry at him).
So things escalate so quickly that Superman just tries to get over with this thing fast and easy, but he doesn't count on being hit with the Kryptonite, at this point it's just a fight for his life.
>>
I think one of the problems with these movies is that they're too ambiguous for the audience. Good example of this is Jonathan Kent:

He worried about the impact his sons's existence would have on humankind but also feared what the government would do to his son.
He said that ultimately the decisions must come from his son but he also thought he was too immature.
He sacrificed himself so he son wouldn't be outed but also created a trauma.

Ultimately he was not right nor wrong. He loved his son and worried about humankind, but he let his love and fear guide him. He gave good advice but no real direction.

The audience don't know how to handled that kind of ambiguity and these movies are filled with it. Pretty much all characters are like that.
>>
>>67959954
Yeah the point of return was when he threw Batman into that building right after the miniguns

Point is he's freaking superman, he has shrugged off more before, and to be baited into a fight like that is completely out of character. Even in the Snyder movies he takes much more of a beating before he even considers fighting.

Thinking of his frame of mind there, God damn he's superman, even when superman was being an evil dickhead like when he was working for the Soviets he is still the greatest hero that has ever been, he's better than this petty false machismo. That narrative of yours where he's in a hurry and thinks that roughing up batman will help his cause it's silly, and inconsistent with his character. Even in man of steel he tries so damn hard not to fight zod, and only does violence when he's backed right into a corner.

And I read your post, see>>67959519 in mos he's more mature than he is here

And yes lex has been manipulating superman, working him up about Batman, but at this point superman has seen through all of lex's plans, he's even trying to explain that they've been manipulated by lex until he just gives up after literally thirty seconds and just pushes Batman for no reason. And I mean no reason, his provocation is literally Batman saying "I understand" angrily at him.
>>
>>67960470
well life is pretty ambiguous.... my dad has dropped some good lines but sometimes i've looked at some of his decisions that i can't get behind....
which i guess just explains why none of those things trigger me and i can just take them in
>>
>>67960470

Jor-El is also like that:

Thought Krypton as it was couldn't be saved but still saved the codex in his son after being moved by his birth.
Seemed like a cool enough dude but choose Earth precisely because Kal would be like a god compared to humans.
His ghost told Clark to be a savior and a bridge between kryptonians and humans but that was because HE in life felt powerless to do like so back in Krypton.

He was basically trying to live his life through Kal's.
>>
>>67960555

Yeah, but most people don't know how to deal with that. Specially when comic book parents are all saints full of wisdom that urge that kids to martyr themselves. Even in movies and tv shows things are kinda like that. Very clear cut.
>>
>>67960546
>but at this point superman has seen through all of lex's plans
Doesn't change the fact that Batman is terrorizing criminals and citizens. And in Clark's perspective
>civil rights are being trampled on.
Plus it's been proven that no one cares, the newspaper doesn't want to report it and the police are helping him, so it's up to Clark to stop him, at this point it's both his mother and what he thinks the best thing for Gotham is.
So Lex's influence aside, he now faces this guy and in his mind proves that he's a total asshole. So probably the best thing is to kill him and get it over with. Remember that he's been having a lot of self-doubt and questioning about what Superman should do himself. All the questions the media raises in the Black Science Guy montage are the same questions he himself is asking.
>>
>>67951742
GIT R DUN
>>
>>67960546
i get where you're coming from

and what i think that comes from what was cut from the movie
all we're given to antagonize and therefore want to see them fight is the pictures clark gets, the movie doesn't do a good job of showing us how batman isn't perfect, and the brutality of some of batman's actions had the unintended effect of taking people out of the movie instead of going with it and feeling their thoughts spoken by alfred. the fight between batman and superman is supposed to function as a release of tension for the viewer as the movie builds anxiety around batman and superman

which is where i can imagine valid criticism of the movie taking place. does the movie build tension and provide catharsis. does it do both? does it at least build tension?
so far, most of of what we hear people talking about is people being taken out of the movie, i myself was sort of half in it half not only to arrive to a conclusion that's it's a weird surreal movie that didn't deserve the hyperbolic hate
i guess in time we'll see. even when i saw it i saw it at midnight with a bunch of people my age and much older. some even hype at various moments. i like to watch things silently to take them in and even i felt moved at moments, but i guess that stems from my attachment to certain ideas and the ability to see myself in the shoes of someone onscreen
>>
>>67960680
Plus, in the end, thanks to Lois he finally matures and understands what he should do. He decides that total sacrifice is worth it for these people
>This is my world. You are my world.
So if you're expecting that Superman we get a glimpse of him in the end. that's the Superman you'll get when he rises as an angel from below.
>>
>>67960546
>>67960680

Superman wasn't going to kill Batman. He thought about it, but he wouldn't and didn't. He just wanted to stop Batman to have enough time to explain the situation. Yeah, it was stupid of him to rough Batman, but he was emotional and then fighting to stay alive.
>>
>>67948565

According to most edgy teens on tv, it was right after Zach Snyder was announced to direct MOS.
>>
>>67959335
I actually still thought MoS didn't make the cut after seeing and liking BvS. Finally watched it again just hours ago since my first and only time. Man of Murder is a lie.
>>
>>67960857
Yeah, felt like watching BvS and later revisiting MoS helped me get a better view of the bigger picture here.
>>
>>67960857
brah, like, i'm actually kind of mad that people are mad that he killed a genocidal unstoppable dude, feel me?
>>
>>67960901
Bigger picture of shit.
>>
>>67948565
The scene where Superman interrupts Batman's pursuit of the truck containing the kyrptonite was the worst to me. He tells him "The Bat is dead." and then just flies off without even questioning why Batman was chasing and exchanging machine gun fire with a convoy of trucks containing a bunch of heavily armed goons.
>>
>>67960949
He doesn't care, in his eyes Batman is being the same ol' shithead terrorizing the city.
>>
>>67960933
Yeah, but like, it's so cool seeing them beat the ever living fuck out of everything like cartoons so uhh its not that immoral cuz i mean its just a fuckin superhero movie i mean no one can take a guy wearing a costume seriously so whatever brah. it like makes you think, but then like it doesn't. Fuckin' heavy shit, man.
>>
>>67951664
That was an exact panel out of Dark Knight Returns you turbopleb
>>
>>67960857
>>67960933
The man of murder thing was always just something idiots spammed on this board. Personally I just find Cavill to be pretty bland and the movie generally boring. Also, Amy Adams is a wonderful actress but she's a good eight years too old for the role.
>>
>>67960961
In that case, Cavill's Superman simply comes across as kind of a dodo.
>>
>>67948565

>Bruce Wayne calls cripple by a nickname
>"you're the boss, boss"

>Bruce calls Jack and tells him they need to get out of the building
>Jack turns and just notices the giant dubstep laser firing spaceship and says, "Lets go people the boss wants us out of the building"
>He's still up there like five minutes later alone

>Cripple on TV with a nice looking wheelchair suit and well groomed
>Says Superman made him half a man and now he has nothing
>Bruce immediately knows the man is poor and isn't receiving his cheques, despite the "I have nothing" could reference fucking anything, like a hobby he cannot do now due to his missing legs
>>
>>67961007
Duh that's the point, he hasn't matured enough yet to see through all the bullshit and personal gripes.
>>
>>67961041
You don't mature out of being a sociopath.
>>
>>67960680
No at this point the only thing on his mind is saving his mother, and Batman is the only person who can help him.

He doesn't care about what's best for Gotham, everything goes out the window when his mother is threatened, a la your earlier post that mentions how he reacts to his mother being threatened in mos.

What's more, he never meant to kill Batman, he even said, if I wished it you'd be dead already.

And for some reason he decides to push Batman. When he knows what Bruce thinks of him, when he knows batman is itching for a fight, honestly I struggle to think of something that's less like superman, at this point the only similarity between snyders superman and who he is, is that he's fighting Batman

>>67960744
I can accept that, I did wonder if a lot of the narrative ended up on the cutting room floor, if an extended version comes out I'd be interested to see how it is different.
>>
>>67948565
So in the scene where Lex introduces Bruce Wayne to Clark Kent, it's heavily implied that he knows who the both really are. Wouldn't Bruce take one look at Clark and immediately realize he's Superman wearing glasses? He's supposed to be the world's greatest detective.
>>
>Hey Clark, write an article on Bruce Wayne of Gotham City
>Who?
>>
>>67954493
He's more superman from the batman comics perspective.
Every interaction batman has with superman involves him trying to fix something and making it worse
He's still a great guy but he messes up a lot of shit and that's his motivation for running away
>>
>>67961012
On 9/11 people stayed working in their office even when the tower next to them had an airplane lodged inside it.
The dubstep machine isn't destroying the building either, so they probably feel safer inside, Jack stays to confirm that everyone has evacuated safely, like the captain of any sinking ship would.
>>
>>67960978
>>67960991
i defend the movie and only ever thought it was okay, the shit it got totally unearned. wish there was more cavill doing stuff but i have no idea how to find the balance between clark doing normal things and clark doing super things. 'not muh' always devolves into a two hour montage of him helping people and a series of him smiling while having the same cartoon fight with a different villain every time
>>
>>67961139
By the end of this movie though there is no more Clark Kent from the looks of it.
>>
>>67961054
He isn't a sociopath, he's visibly shaken by having to kill Zod, the last remaining connection to his people. But he has no choice, at that point he decides on which side he's in.
>>
>>67961165
That's a good thing because there's just no getting around how silly it is that no one ever questions Clark's remarkable resemblance to Superman and frequent unexplained absences.
>>
>>67961057
>honestly I struggle to think of something that's less like superman
That's the point, he requires character development to realistically becomes the ideal Superman in everyone's mind. Remember that in these movies he's basically a man trying to do the best he can with the powers he didn't ask for. In MoS he asks his mother if there's something wrong with him, he's put in a situation where he feels obligated to do good but at the end of the day he has the same fears and doubts that anyone would, just with an incredibly bigger burden. Not everyone becomes an inspirational figure for the world overnight.
>>
File: 1441930512444.png (400 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441930512444.png
400 KB, 640x480
/tv/'s philosophy
Star Wars Prequels
>They are shit
>George Lucas is out of his mind
>Greenscreen the movie

Star Wars: Force Awakens
>This was terrible nothing like George Lucas
>The prequels were actually really good
>I miss Lucas.

Man of Steel
>9/11 times 1,000 the movie
>Superman doesn't snap people's necks
>Explosions and loud noises the movie

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
>MoS was actually really good
>Zack Snyder is a visionary
>Superman is actually a really complex character

Never Change /tv/
>>
>>67961165
that's something i've held off on posting because that could trigger the ever living fuck out of people
death and resurrection are tied together, but how will he come back? it frankly doesn't make sense for the clark kent public persona to come back anymore. obviously those close to him will call him clark but there's no way he can have a 'normal' life a professional working person
>>
>>67961226
/tv/ will hate on anything popular without fail. Most people here are like 17. What do you expect?
>>
>>67961198
That aspect is faithful to the comics, isn't it.
Besides, at the end Perry does put two and two together when Lois asks for a helicopter and says that it isn't for a story. Perry decides to keep his identity hidden by burying Clark's obituary on the last pages.
>>
>>67961273
I get that it's faithful and all but it's still goofy in the world that Snyder is trying to build. See my post here >>67961069. It's ridiculous that Batman didn't immediately figure out who Superman is.
>>
>>67961259
He'll probably have to be Superman all the time now. Perhaps he'll reside in the Fortress of Solitude.
>>
>>67961226
Its easier to just make fun of something. I guarantee the people here who liked it dont even bother discussing it but I assure you at least some people here enjoyed it just as much as they did Man of Steel.

Same for TFA. ts easy just to shitpost and take the piss but it actually takes energy to defend it.

I personally hated both Man of Steel and BvS but I enjoyed TFA. Ill just leave it at that.
>>
>>67961310
I know that it's ridiculous but doesn't really bug me that much, I find it funny actually, and doesn't take me out of the movie in any way, just take it like a given like it has been done before.
>>
>>67961347
Exactly, defending something becomes exhausting when all you get as feedback is funny meme pictures ridiculing your POV and people calling you contrarian or in denial.
>>
File: bvs.webm (2 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
bvs.webm
2 MB, 427x240
The first 15 minutes were amazing but then they started cutting to different settings every 2 minutes and that's when I realized the movie was a mess.
>>
>>67961357
To each his own. I've always thought the whole secret identity thing was silly. That's why I found the first Iron Man refreshing. If you can't figure out who Batman is, you're not trying very hard.
>>
>>67961347
TFA is great. MoS has its moments and I kind of see where Snyder was going with it. BvS is just a huge fucking mess. They definitely felt pressure from executives with Marvel's success.
>>
>>67961390
Plus people always come with the same damn questions and the ones defending it probably won't bother after making the effort several times before.
>>
>>67950751
Except if what they brought up for hm to see, it's only about six or seven checks, which could very well mean that Lex saw the guy make the news with the statue incident and head-gamed him up into a vendetta against Bruce after making contact with him.
>>
File: Lex_Luthor_Man_of_Steel_4.jpg (379 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
Lex_Luthor_Man_of_Steel_4.jpg
379 KB, 667x1000
>>67952705
Yes, and no. Yes because he's an Objectivist Randian weirdo ( basically the extreme version of John Galt), no because he's usually portrayed as an alpha, high-test male, who fucks bitches when he wants and manipulates the shit outta women for fun because he knows money is power.
>>
>>67961433
That's exactly what happened, he even mentioned it in his speech.
>Didn't take much to push him over the edge. Little red notes, big bang, YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE.
>>
>>67961445
I genuinely think Dwayne Johnson could have been a decent Lex.
>>
>>67961455
Also, I think Lex has known about the wheelchair guy since much before, because there's specifically one newspaper article shown before the statue thing about Bruce rescuing this guy from the rubble.
>>
>>67951971
Not everyone misunderstood it, just retards.
>>
>>67961445
>tfw Zack Snyder is actually an Objectivist Randian Weirdo
That's why he made Superman Howard Raork.
>>
>>67961445
I like Eisenberg's version, the association with Mark Zuckerberg was intentional, because it is relevant to this generation. I see him as our generation's Lex, basically 4chan incarnate (/fa/+/b/+/r9k/+/pol/. Look at me in the eye and tell me that none of the edgy faggots you encounter in this site daily would be exactly like him if he was a millionaire with that much power.
>>
>>67951664
Fuck you that was the best part of the movie. Everything else was shit
>>
>>67961566
>Literally can't give a normal speech at his own damn fund raiser.

He was meant to be autistic.
>>
>>67961566
I didn't mind him. I just wish they made his motivations more clear.
>>
>>67952193
She claimed that Superman killed some of the warlord's men and the ones that remained rampaged through a nearby village killing people.

The reality is that Alex's mercs shot the warlord's men, mangled the bodies somehow, then took off to waste the villagers themselves. It's even possible that the witness that testified is in Lex's pocket, too.

Editing butchered it, but the director's cut supposedly provides more insight into the massacre.
>>
>>67961566
I mean ye kinda. Works better when youre retarded like me and have no idea what Lexs' master plan even was and you just think of him as a 4chan edgelord stirring shit up mainly for attention.

Seriously I still dont know what Lexs endgame was. Im sure its made clear but I was kinda drunk and laughing at the movie alot.
>>
>>67952327
Why are people just assuming he escalated the situation? By the time he showed up everyone was dead
>>
>>67961566
>Implying Donald Trump, who was one of the main sources for John Byrne's reboot of Lex Luthor in the 80's, isn't our IRL Luthor going so far as to even run for president like Luthor did.
>>
>>67961398
This.

The sequence of scenes was awful. The scene with the two officers and Batman was when I could no longer be optimistic.
>>
>>67961627
The theatrical cut of this movie is so weird. So much stuff was unclear due to poor editing choices and yet I felt like they could have easily cut out 30 minutes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.