[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just getting caught up on House of Cards. What's up with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: o-PAUL-SPARKS-570.jpg (24 KB, 570x404) Image search: [Google]
o-PAUL-SPARKS-570.jpg
24 KB, 570x404
Just getting caught up on House of Cards.

What's up with this guy? It's like he wandered off the set of True Detective Season 2
>>
File: broadway-limited-06-1024.jpg (126 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
broadway-limited-06-1024.jpg
126 KB, 1024x576
>Mehehehehehehehe
literally all i could hear
>>
>tfw you will never be Doug Stamper
>>
>>67947127
Boy wouldn't you like to know where it goes.

he cucks frank good lad
>>
File: 19f9sj0txf0ydjpg.jpg (15 KB, 223x234) Image search: [Google]
19f9sj0txf0ydjpg.jpg
15 KB, 223x234
>>67947220
Is he even capable of more than one facial expression?
>>
this guy. the show thinks he's handsome as fuck but i don't see it.

all i hear is the voice he did on Boardwalk
>>
I've seen him during casting in some behind the scenes clip for Boardwalk. His character was supposed to act completly diffrent, much better imo but they changed it for meme reason("we heard his laughter and we just had to change it xD").
>>
>>67947470
the nose is the problem
>>
File: stamper2.jpg (42 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
stamper2.jpg
42 KB, 620x400
>>67947369
Sometimes.
>>
>>67947843
woah its this guy? holy shit
>>
>>67947127
He's the writer's self-insert. All-knowing, a fountain of never-ending wisdom and insight... they even made him a fucking writer.

More like House of Hacks
>>
File: kevin.jpg (42 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
kevin.jpg
42 KB, 600x442
>>67947161
>>
>>67947880
chicken pot pie guy
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 306x306
>season 7
>long-past due series finale
>this fuckface somehow survives the Underwood's downfall
>in his Manhattan apartment
>a package comes
>"oh it's my new book about the Underwoods"
>takes out a copy
>the name of the fucking book is HOUSE OF CARDS

>it's the final scene, depriving you of the satisfaction of dropping this shitpile
>>
>>67947127
is this guy the most boring actor to ever live?

i literally fall asleep hearing him talk
>>
>The most powerful man in the world is a cuck to him
>>
>>67948201
His performance is the best of the entire series, but because his naturalism is so at odds with the theatrics of everyone else's acting, it feels jarring. Dude's a fucking monster, him and Michael Kelly make the show worth watching so much more than Spacey - Kelly for the charisma, Sparks for the pure fucking mastery of the craft.
>>
>>67947161
>tfw he was one episode away from making it through the entire show
>>
>>67948528
you must be joking. kelly is brilliant. sparks character is awful and not needed. he's just talking nonsense most the time
>>
>>67948650
he's needed for Claire, actually
>>
>>67948718
not until the very end of this season. last season was all about the book that went nowhere. now he somehow has this complex relationship with claire all of a sudden. even though him and robin have no chemistry whatsoever
>>
>>67948650
He is the audience proxy. He's absolutely essential. He's the Greek Chorus. He's the voice of reason. He's the humanity bearing witness to the follies of gods.

He is literally the keyhole through which the audience peeks through these colossal and catastrophic acts. The role started with Mara, and then Dickens, and finally found perfection in Sparks.
>>
>>67948968
what the fuck am i reading
>>
>>67947843
That's David Cross, nice try though!
>>
>>67948533
one of the stupidest decisions
>>
>>67947161
>>67948533
> “Let me ask you something, Mickey. How the fuck are you still alive?”

one of my favorite lines ever, it was exactly what the audience was thinking
>>
He sees them
>>
>>67947963
More of an audience insert. He's got a meta quality and detachment from everyone else on the show. He obsessives over the Underwoods like the audience does.
>>
>>67948528
The show is nothing without Spacey. Which is really evident in the episode after Frank gets shot and Spacey has no lines. Easily the worst episode of the season.
>>
>>67949183
yep. you're not wrong
>>
>>67949183
Character importance and acting skill are two very different things. Anakin Skywalker was the most important character of the Prequel Trilogy.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.