[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TELL ME ABOUT REN. WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: KyloRen-2015.jpg (61 KB, 300x467) Image search: [Google]
KyloRen-2015.jpg
61 KB, 300x467
TELL ME ABOUT REN. WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?
>>
>>67946276

if the Knights of Ren don't have an emo chick among them I'll be pissed.
>>
because market research showed it would increase toy sales
>>
>>67946276
To make himself appear more intimidating, and as an homage to Vader. Also, if I looked like Adam Driver i'd wear a mask.
>>
To try and look cool and badass like his grandpappy.

Also cause it works well for marketing and they don't need to pay anyone for using Driver's likeness
>>
File: snoke_72696f58.jpg (752 KB, 1272x636) Image search: [Google]
snoke_72696f58.jpg
752 KB, 1272x636
HE'S A BIG GUY.
>>
>>67946276
It's funny because there's no real reason why he wears the mask. Vader was wearing the mask because it would be literally painful for him to take it off but Ren seems to wear it for teh lulz.
>>
File: CIA.jpg (67 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
67 KB, 800x480
>>67946276
A LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A STORMTROOPER
>>
>>67946744
>Ren seems to wear it for teh lulz.
It's for intimidation. It deepens his voice, and dehumanizes him.
>>
>>67946840
It doesn't really deepen his voice. It only makes it sound garbled and filtered.

They couldn't even replicate Vader's iconic sound. Honestly whoever did the audio in this movie, especially for Ren speaking through his helmet, should hang himself.

It was clearly added as a voiceover and wasn't even fucking panned. That's incredible how the fuck did this even pass.
>>
>>67946913
The voice was perfect. It was crude and unpolished, like his banged up helmet and his messed up lightsaber. It's like a metaphor for the character himself.
>>
>>67946276
it's not a mask; its a cuckgag. Abrams wanted to represent the white male for what he truly is; a cuck who, when stripped of his gag, is utterly emasculated by an underfed teenage girl. truly embarassing tbqh
>>
>>67947052
No anon. It sounded like a cheap telephone effect. Just lazy. Even worse that some of his words were hardly audible due to poor EQing.
>>
>>67946778
It's like poetry, because Finn and Captain Phasma aren't loyal at all.
>>
>>67947109
>anon

It sounded fucking great. Why would someone as acrid and unfinished as Kylo speak with perfect clarity?
>>
File: kylorenhansolo.jpg (8 KB, 564x271) Image search: [Google]
kylorenhansolo.jpg
8 KB, 564x271
SO YOU'VE COME BACK TO DIE WITH YOUR RESISTANCE.

NO, I CAME BACK TO STOP YOU!
>>
>>67947216
That's why a loyal stormtrooper woluld be a rare enough occurrence to be worth mentioning
>>
>>67947249
I'm not talking about that aspect. I'm talking about the technical stuff as well as how shitty his helmet was.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (30 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
30 KB, 1280x720
THEY EXPECT ONE OF US IN THE WRECKAGE, FATHER.
>>
>>67947322
The technical stuff is what made it sound that way. That vocal static was the sonic equivalent to his messed up lightsaber.
>>
File: 1457192204695.jpg (23 KB, 379x300) Image search: [Google]
1457192204695.jpg
23 KB, 379x300
IF I TAKE OFF YOUR MASK, WOULD YOU DIE??

IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY EMBARASSING
>>
I've just come up with a new meme guys - "Ma-Rey Sue"
>>
Ps on second viewing the ending helicopter shot works a lot better
>>
hd torrent where
>>
>>67948075

YOU JUST, JUST
>>
A friend of mine saw Kylo Ren in the shower. He said he was shredded
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.