[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which director depicted the Wayne's murder the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 720x320
Which director depicted the Wayne's murder the best?
>>
Based Snyder.
>>
>>67942181
Nolan, because Bruce's dad didn't lunge at the gun-wielding mugger like a fucking retard
>>
>>67942306
You're right he should've went down like a cuck like Nolans did.
>>
>>67942181
how come Martha looked like a 20 something cock fiend trophy wife?
>>
>>67942335
how many billionaires in real life don't have 20 something cock-fiend trophy wives?
>>
>>67942306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUMoBgkF-A

This. Nolan's was the only non-retard. Look how he tried to calm the attacker down.
>>
>>67942306
i thought about that instantly. he is murdered in cold blood. in the new one they make him look like a failed hero. boo. boo on them.
>>
I thought the shot of the gun firing and breaking the necklace was really beautiful in BvS
>>
>>67942411
This exactly, the point is for the murder to be completely unjustified but lunging yourself at a madman with a gun is stupid and you should DIE for that
>>
Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
>>
>When Negan clenched his fist in front of his son for the last time.
>>
>>67942335
>implying she wasn't

Does this means Batfleck has a Oedipus complex?
>>
>>67942425
i would've like to see martha's brains splash on batman's face
>>
>>67942425
Although Papa Wayne's death was stupid, I do agree that the shot of the necklace breaking was pretty good desu
>>
>>67942461
JACK WE GOTTA GO!
>>
>>67942407
Back to /v/

Snyder can evoke emotion so easily he does it in the first 5 minutes of his movie for the plebs so he can move on the the patrician elements of cinéma
>>
I liked Nolan's depiction the best just for how sudden it is and for all the build-up with those awesome theatrical performers
>>
dude just ban muggings lmao
>>
>>67942407
Nolan's did make it believable... didn't feel so cartoonish. i mean i could shoehorn a man eating a jar of mustard into any movie scene ever, but it doesn't make it necessary. Bruce feels responsible that they're in the street, dad did everything to stop it, moms necklace busts not because it's a trope, but because the guy was trying to grab in a last ditch effort, also explains why he killed her. It all works together well. Doesn't feel clumsy or oafish or by the numbers.
>>
>>67942505
>Snyder can evoke emotion so easily
LOL
O O
LOL
>>
>>67942181
Obviously Snyder; he is a man of many weaknesses, in fact almost entirely weaknesses, but his command of visuals and striking imagery is on a whole other level from anyone else working with capeshit.
>>
>>67942562
He killed her because she was screaming.
>>
>>67942505
iam confused, why /v/ and you're praising snyder as being a visionary artists?
>>
>>67942566
Smartest post made here in weeks.
>>
>>67942566
topo bad movies have talking in them, and plots and stories and characters, getting in the way of the visuals. why not just call it a day and say it. Michael Bay has the best movies of all time.
>>
>>67942505
>necklace broken by gun
>beautiful pearls hit the ground dismantled from a once beautiful thing
>this wasn't patrician
Just because it's obvious doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>67942596
I'm confused by your grammar.
>>
>>67942566
>but his command of visuals and striking imagery is on a whole other level from anyone else working with capeshit.
Overuse of sow motion, horrible color-grading, quickcuts. Snyder has the artistic sensibilities of a pretentious child.
>>
>>67942181

>shot for shot copy of Miller's panels
>Bravo Snyder
>>
>>67942673
Disagree.
>>
>>67942629
I didn't say it was bad, I was saying it's for the plebs, aka, obvious

It's very well made, almost too easy for Snyder. He can do it all day but veres off into high art instead of pleasing the masses and he deserves praise for it
>>
I don't understand why right wing racists won't just let us make murder illegal.
>>
>>67942590
that too, and the way he brought the dad back, the quietness of it during the movie too. it's a scene of horror but also tranquility for bruce you can tell, it was that moment you realize how quiet it must have been after. It wasn't some bombastic joy ride for a criminal, but a somber stillness for a juvenile. The parents knew they were out of place where they were, and treated the situation as such. Also it wasn't a dark alley way, which what fucking billionaire would walk into, regardless, it was as street.
>>
>>67942651
I am confused. Why /v/? Why are you're praising Snyder as being a visionary artists?

>Sorry i forget some people have english as a second language.
>>
>>67942746
>why are you're
Damn son if you re-post at least look at it before posting
>>
>>67942786
I am confused. Why /v/? Why you're praising Snyder as being a visionary artists?

Jesus you think I was writing a letter for publication instead of a message board that deltes this shit in 5 minutes.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 584x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 584x320
>>67942306
>>67942505
Youre all Wrong
>>
>>67942844
That's the Joker. The Joker killed Batmans Parents! It all makes sense! Based off of.... nothing.
>>
>there are actual people who think that Snyder's movies are aesthetically interesting
Just let me die in my sleep alreadty
>>
>>67942842
You didn't even get it the third time
>>
>>67942306
Also in Nolan's version Thomas Wayne gets shot by making himself a human shield to protect his wife. She screams and the mugger freaks and shoots her too before running away.

It makes sense and felt like real life. Plus Thomas' last words to Bruce were "Don't be afraid.." Which he carries with him forever.
>>
>>67942878
He asked him if he danced with the devil in the pale moonlight, the same question that the joker asks bruce wayne when they meet, which joker also says is something he always says before he kills someone
>>
>>67942411
this
>>
>>67942974
thats deep
>>
>>67942842
Christ you're stupid.
>>
>>67942878
Dramatic irony.
>>
>>67942181
Snyder > Burton >> Nolan
Burton gets bonus point for realizing you for. Have to fucking do it at the beginning
>>
>>67942306
>P-p-p-please don't shoot, l-l-l-lets just t-talk about t-t-th-

Yeah, no. Based Negan was way better.
>>
>>67943356
YEAH BRO THOMAS WAYNE AIN'T NO FUCKIN PUSSY. HE TRIES TO PUNCH MUGGERS WITH GUNS POINTED STRAIGHT AT HIM BECAUSE FUCK WORRYING ABOUT ESCALATING VIOLENCE WHILE SOMEONE IS POINTING A GUN NEAR YOUR CHILD.
>>
>>67942181
I never thought is ever wanna fuck Batman and superman's mom in the same movie
>>
>>67943426
Good Guy With A Gun(tm), the conservative solution to every problem.
>>
>>67943426
Well damn when you put it THAT way.
>>
>>67943426
He was a good friend.
>>
>>67943463
>>67943426
Good thing he didn't have a gun otherwise things might have gotten out of hand.
>>
>>67943018
well, it's just batman
>>
it's lifted straight from the dark knight returns comic book

also, the way it plays out is important to bruce's psychology. thomas wayne lunging at the guy and the precise way in which martha dies all have an effect on bruce
>>
>>67943426

>letting scum decide whether you or your loved ones live or die

stay a cuck all your life, its your choice
>>
>>67942407
God Nolan's was fucking awful and makes way less sense than a man trying to defend his wife and kid
>>
>>67942566
Fuck off zack
>>
>>67942181
Snyder >= Burton >>>> Nolan
>>
File: Bravo.jpg (28 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
Bravo.jpg
28 KB, 720x320
>>
>>67942181
Episode 1 of Gotham.

Although I like how they made the killer in BvS some kind of shitskin. It added a gritty realism to the scene.
>>
>>67944793
This is some feminist type of conspiracy.
>>
>>67944793
You forgot how the pearls are basically semen
>>
>>67944793
how does batman's battle with superman play out again?
how does batman's rescue of martha play out again?

proving, once again, that some things indeed went under people's radar
>>
File: 1375205921948s.jpg (11 KB, 227x191) Image search: [Google]
1375205921948s.jpg
11 KB, 227x191
>>67944793
>>
>>67942181
Nolan's version portrayed with the most care in terms of how it impacted the story.

Let me explain; Nolan's version was trying to paint the picture that the mugger was driven to rob the Wayans out of desperation due to the depression that was going on in gotham because of how corrupt the city was.

This point is very important to understand because it explains why Nolan's batman is more interested with going after mob bosses and corruption within the system rather than doing night by night patrols to prevent random criminal acts like Batman usually does in other source materials, which imo is unique, because it makes Bruce a more human like character.

In the end, Nolan's batman was trying to change Gotham at the top level and let the change trickle down, so it would prevent the abundance of crimes that were being motivated out of pure desperation.
>>
I liked the one in BvS the most. At least the father tried to protect the family. Plus the soundtrack is GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9BL59uiAz8
>>
>>67944633
If you punch someone holding a gun you're a fucking retard. I had literally zero sympathy for Batman's dad during that scene.
>>
Snyder's version had no dialogue. It was fucking nothing. It was like someone took a comic book panel and removed the dialogue boxes.
>>
>>67945356
>zero sympathy for someone trying to defend his family.
Edge
>>
>>67945406
Snyder's version was fucking edge personified. You have to be an edgy faggot to think that you'd actually attack someone with a gun while your family is around.
>>
>>67942974
MIND BLOWN, yeah no way better then Nolan's POS with mr. Wayne trying to calm down the mugger because the life of his wife and child are at risk.

We all know what happens, and Tim Burton does it best. BATMAN'S PARENTS DIED, that's all that is needed out of the scene, and we just have to make sure batman fans know this ever hour during every batman film from the start of the film till the end so people can 'connect'
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 640x272
>>67942181
If jackie chan played Thomas Wayne, would batman ever exist because Jackie Chan wouldn't want trabble and therefore not die?
>>
>>67944633
A rich guy not caring about giving up his money to a mugger? A mugger shooting because he the Dad put himself between the Mugger and his wife, and shot out of mistake. Kills the wife because she screams.

Yeah, seems riddled with plot holes. We all know batmans parents would have jumped in to a fight at the drop of a hat because they're fucking rich as shit, and they know

YOU GOTSTA KEEP IT REAL BLOOD!
>>
>>67945260
>Nolan's version portrayed with the most care in terms of how it impacted the story.
i disagree, the way in which bruce's parents die in bvs isn't random and are in fact used to give us the psychological even sexual subconscious of bruce wayne. the way his encounter with superman plays out is significant not only because he's the aggressor, but because of *how* he's threatening superman and because of *how* lois intervenes
we're literally given a shot of superman under his boot with the spear to his face while lois is next to him pleading
>the bat came out of his mother's grave and bit him
>how does batman's rescue of martha play out again? i'm serious.

now whether or not this is good filmmaking or whatever i can't tell you, but i do think that their is a logical framework to a lot of the details of character dynamics within the movie
>>
also, for christsake
the version of their death on screen is NOT SNYDER'S.

it's taken straight from the dark knight returns. the fact that supposed comic book nerds are up in arms over this is very telling
>>
>>67945496
It's also why Superman and Batman get along, BECAUSE BATMANS DEAD MOMS NAME IS MARTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 GET IT. so snyder uses the death of batman's parents better for that too.

not just use the fact that Bruce gets afraid of a bat, is why the parents left the opera and get killed. his fear killed his parents. literally.
>>
>>67942425
I did too. The movie had some nice cinematography, everything else I wasn't crazy about, but snyder did pull off some cool shots
>>
>>67942181
>>67942844
>>67945458
>image.jpg
>>
>>67945788
>showy contrived shots that don't make any logical sense
>"nice cinematography"
>>
BvS had a better scene.

The batman had joker kill his parents, that just fucking retarded, a great thing about batman is whether he stops the villians or creates them. Having joker kill his parents just takes away all the impact of it.

Batman Begins one was alright, but the camera work seemed to quick when they got shot, like they fucked up in editing.

Having his dad lunge at the attacker is good mainly because it forms Bruce, to attack first, and not sit idly by.
>>
Didn't Nolan have Ra's al ghul kill batmans parents or something? Snyder wins.
>>
>>67946209
>Didn't Nolan have Ra's al ghul kill batmans parents or something?

No. Deckard just says some BS about how it's Bruce's dad's fault that they died, not his.
>>
>>67942181
Snyder's depiction was the best visually. I loved the way the gun breaks the pearl necklace. As for impact the scene has on the movie and context, Nolan did the best. The Wayne murder was so unnecessary in BvS. Even Aliens know about how Bruce Wayne's parents died because of the Voyager record. Snyder should have made an opening depicting Robin's death, or something that shows us about why Batman is so brutal in the movie.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.