[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you handle an Old Republic SW Anthology movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: Kotoriibox.jpg (55 KB, 377x539) Image search: [Google]
Kotoriibox.jpg
55 KB, 377x539
How would you handle an Old Republic SW Anthology movie?
>>
>>67941876

No jedi
>>
>>67941876
All jedi
>>
Star Wars are already gamified.

>Rey - Bastilla
>Fin - Jedi Academy character
>etc...
>>
>>67941943
Pretty much.
>>
>>67941876

You can't tell KOTOR in a movie.
First off, it would be ridiculous to have the side characters introduced at the same rate as in the games. Second, Taris is big enough that it would have to take up its own film.
They would have to focus on only one or two planets in order to avoid having a bad movie script.
A new TOR-era movie could not hold up to KOTOR and a KOTOR movie would not work. So I don't see it happening.
>>
>>67941943
>>67941967

You're both fucking idiots.
>>
It would make a great mini tv-series if Disnep would be willing to sink enough money into it.
>>
>>67941876
The Old Republic is dead OP, learn to live with it. Except that shitty MMO no one has ever played
>>
>>67941876
Kotor 1 should just stay a video game - Revan is much more interesting as a semi-mythical unseen character from the past, who we never meet but whose legacy hangs over the series.

Kotor 2 should be a TV series, not a movie. There's such a lot going on there that needs to be skowly explored and gradually revealed, a movie couldn't do it justice. You could easily get 2-3 solid seasons out of TSL.

Who should play Kreia btw?
>>
>>67942042
Judi Dench would be the obvious choice.
>>
>>67941943
>Rey
"I want my mommy"
>Bastilla
"Fuck my mom, she's a bitch."

>Rey
"I don't want anything to do with this, I just wanna go home!"
>Bastilla
"We need to focus on our mission and save the galaxy!"

>Jedi Academy Character
"Alright. I'm stranded in hostile terriotry, and my mission is to find and retrieve this droid. I'll do everything in my power to see this task through to its conclusion!"
>Finn
"Okay, fuck. I just escaped a Star Destroyer. I need to get the fuck off this planet as fast as possible. Shit. I'll probably need to pay with service for my ticket off this rock, but it could be worse. Now just to put up a nice act, make sure not to alienate any potential tickets off this planet, and go find someone with a ship.- HOLD UP! Is that some completely unrelated fight going on there I know nothing about? Better join in on that action for literally no reason!"

>Implying
>>
>>67942042
KOTOR tv show penned by Avellone and gang with whomever did character concept for Kotor2 would be the goatest thing ever

well, either goatest if it's done by people who are inspired and want to do it, or a cheap, tired shitshow with people who are none of that
>>
>>67942025
It's a nice thought but it'll never happen. Farthest anything will go is a Clone Wars took type program, not live action. There's just infinitely more money to be made by keeping everything else in the big screen.
>>
>>67942805
*toon
>>
>>67942127
She'd be great but she's so old now, she's liable to die at any moment. I'd rather someone in a similar mold, but ideally no older than 60.
>>
>tfw I actually wrote a KoTOR script when I was a kid
We didn't have any internet or cable and an old 1990s computer so all I did for entertainment was literally just playing Star Wars games, watching the VCRs tapes, and dicking around on MS paint and word.

And yes it was fucking awful. I basically just lifted from the game scene for scene. Autistic as fuck.
>>
I would keep jar jar abrams far away
>>
>>67942928
I would like to know how many people there are in this world that have written a KOTOR screenplay like you.

I would bet that there are probably over 1000 individual screenplays written by fellow autists. Most will undoubtedly be terrible but a few might work.
>>
>>67942607
>HOLD UP!
>not HOL UP
>>
>>67942607
>Is that some completely unrelated fight going on there I know nothing about? Better join in on that action for literally no reason!

Didn't he recognize the droid, and then Rey started chasing him?
>>
>>67943519
I'm pretty sure the droid wasn't even in the shot when he looks at Rey getting attacked, and in a later scene has a sudden realization as he's on his ass in the sand, that "oh wait, this is that droid".

And then for some reason he decided he's going to paint himself as a resistance soldier, because after wanting to get away from the First Order for no noble goal just basic survival, he's not dedicated to seeing this mission complete, because he got a name, and now Dobby is free, because he recieved a gift.

Basically the point I'm trying to make here is this:

Finn has a tendency to go 180 throughout the movie from coward to cocksure action hero, from guy who just wants to escape, to someone who will run right along the droid the First Order wants most desperately, etcetera.

Meanwhile the Jedi Academy Protagonist was - if nothing else - decisive. When that character put his/her mind to a task, that task got done, no stops in between, no going in reverse. It's got to be done, so it's gonna be done.
>>
>>67943673
>he's not dedicated to
He's now dedicated to*
>>
A Raid-style movie that takes place in a children's Hospital starring HK-47.
>>
>>67942025
A much better series would be a retelling of the story of Darth Bane, just as it was in the old EU except reconciling the conflicting canon accounts of Ruusan, mostly following the book over the comic. The story of Bane was epic in scope, he starts off as a cortosis miner on some shithole backwater planet, he hates his dad so much that it gives him a heart attack, he gets in a fight and shanks some Republic soldier, runs off to join a Sith army, gets court marshaled, joins the Sith academy and has a few chapters of high school drama except students kill each other, then decides his masters are all cucks and flies off to Lehon to find the holocron of Darth Revan.

After he learns from Revan, he comes up with the rule of two, he teaches his master how to use the thought bomb and convinces him the Sith can destroy the Jedi with it, they fuck up and kill the entire Sith army as well as most but not all of the Jedi. Bane finds a little girl war orphan and takes her as his apprentice.

It could expand into the story of the Sith, from Bane up until Sheev kills Plagueis, it's a thousand years to cover but according to rough estimates provided by Plagueis there were only about thirty or so sith lords over this period, meaning the average lord reigned as master for about 30 years. I'd fucking love to see some of the Sheev/Plagueis stuff on the screen, especially young affluenza kid Sheev driving him around super fast in his flashy car.

Young Sheev was basically Elliot Rodgers, btw.
>>
>>67943673
>And then for some reason he decided he's going to paint himself as a resistance soldier

Because the droid recognized his jacket and he needed an excuse other than "I stole it cuz im black"
>>
I would start by not hiring any one of you lot. No offence.
>>
>>67944385
Right, and he better also right away rise to the role and start doing what a resistance member would be doing. (i.e. everything in his power to get himself killed)
>>
>>67944442
He was trying to get off planet and the only way he knew to do that was to go with Rey
>>
>>67945191
Oh really?
That's why he was so doubtful that she could even fly a ship?
Is that why he even asked if she has a ship?
Is that why literally the first thing he did, was get in a fight he knew nothing about, instead of asking around to see who has a ship?
>>
>>67945310

>Is that why literally the first thing he did, was get in a fight he knew nothing about,

See >>67943519

As for why he didn't ask anyone else to fly him away--because they were getting shot at and had no time.
>>
File: Darthsionheadshot.jpg (986 KB, 1306x1884) Image search: [Google]
Darthsionheadshot.jpg
986 KB, 1306x1884
STOP IT YOU FUCKS THIS IS AN OLD REPUBLIC THREAD TAKE YOUR DISNEY SHIT OUTSIDE
>>
File: kotor.jpg (144 KB, 1024x698) Image search: [Google]
kotor.jpg
144 KB, 1024x698
>>
>>67945551
a) Your "see" thing already was answered, see >>67943673

b) He wasn't getting shot at before trying to join a fight.
A fight he knew nothing about.
A fight, which for all he knew, could put him on the wrong side of the only people who can get him off that rock.

Then again, as usual, >>67945697 Sion is right.
I'll stop trying to make you see sense.
If you'd rather keep your brain turned off for the entire movie instead of trying to understand the characters' situations and options then fine by me.
Not sure how you ended up liking Star Wars in the first place with that mind set, but feel free to pick your poison.
>>
>>67945773
You don't seem to remember the sequence of events so let me refresh your memory.

>Finn sees Rey beat up a couple guys (he doesn't jump in to help her like you seem to think)
>droid sees Finn's jacket
>Rey runs up and rekts Finn with her stick
>Finn tells her hes from the resistance because he needs an excuse other than "I stole it"
>literaly 2 seconds later they are being shot at by the bad guys
>they run away from being shot at
>Rey: "oh look a ship"
>Finn gets in with her because he doesn't want to stay and get killed

In other words

>He wasn't getting shot at before trying to join a fight.
>A fight he knew nothing about.
>A fight, which for all he knew, could put him on the wrong side of the only people who can get him off that rock.

All of that is factually wrong
>>
Seriously?

>>>/v/
>>
>>67945765
I like it but I feel like "Rise of the Mandalorians" isn't the best title. Maybe "Refuge of the Jedi" or something along those lines, which sums up the jedi-hunt aspect of the middle act?
>>
>>67941876
Don't make it a movie. That would constrain it to a 1.5-2 hour long runtime, and you really can't tell the story of either KOTOR game (especially 2) very well in that amount of time.

My advice? Make a Netflix series instead. Like, say, season 1 covers KOTOR 1, season 2 for KOTOR 2, and if it's popular enough to warrant a third season, then maybe do an original story that brings back some of the characters.
>>
TFA directly referenced KOTOR 2 didn't it?
>>
File: Hk47portrait.jpg (109 KB, 299x301) Image search: [Google]
Hk47portrait.jpg
109 KB, 299x301
Query: Are these meatbags aware of the myriad TFA threads in which their purile exchange of malformed opinions would be welcomed?
>>
i'd make it a tv series

basically copy most of the script from the video game

hire whoever the fuck do shoot it and act in it

roll in the cash afterwards
>>
>>67942684
agreed
>>
Id basically do the KOTOR storyline but trim the fat from side stories and make it more of a streamline narrative. The plot twist would make a huge splash with the normies.
>>
>>67945765
>>67946669
How about "Remnants/Ruins/Shell of the Republic"?
>>
>>67947068
I was thinking "Call of the Dead"
>>
>>67946881
Bits of KOTOR have been splashed all over the new Canon like jazz on a where's chest.

1. Taris is mentioned in that shitty Aftermath book
2. Rakata Prime (Lehon ) appears in the official TFA galaxy which only has like 12 planets on it
3. Kylo Ren's special snowflake cross guard saber comes from Malachor
4. Hammerhead ships appear in the second season of Star Wars Rebels
5. Malachor is a major location in Rebels season 2 and the mass shadow generator is all but mentioned by name

Either there are KOTOR fans working guerrilla style at Disney to get this shit into canon or the Lucas Story group is planning on using this property for something in the future.
>>
>>67947145
That's actually pretty good, though that makes me think more of something like:
"Echoes of the Past"
>>
>>67946924
We're not talking about TFA specifically, bolt-bucket.
>>
>>67945765
>Episode 3 called the Fate of the Galaxy
>3 more fucking episodes to go afterward

wew
>>
>>67947393
>jazz on a where's chest.

I imagined some saxophone player blasting tunes all over the exposed pectorals of a werewolf
>>
>>67947618
I'm giggling m8. I'm on a tablet so autocorrect really fucked me there.

>tfw you realize Star Wars's version of jazz is called jizz
>>
>>67945765
>>67946669
>>67947068
>>67947145
>>67947455

Episode 1 - A Familiar Path
Episode 2 - Jedi Civil War
Episode 3 - Infinite Empire
Episode 4 - Wound in the Force
Episode 5 - Call of the Dead
Episode 6 - The Sith Triumvirate
>>
>>67947068
>>67947145
Either of these are good tbqh phamiglia
>>
>>67947455
Well, by all rights there should be 6 more episodes at least, since the entirety of KotOR 2 was about building up to the KotOR 3 that never happened.
>Goto mathematically proved that the Republic will fall, full on Foundation and Empire style
>Kreia kept referencing the True Sith Empire beyond the edge of the Galaxy (which was hinted at by Canderous in Kotor 1, with his story about an ancient ship that flew out of the galaxy)
>The Jedi Order seems extinct
>HK-47 has aquired an Army
>The Exile continues to exist, despite being a giant fuck you to the Force itself, the one and only Jedi in history who is fully in control of their destiny because they broke all contact with the Force
>With Goto's "Death" the entire criminal underworld of the Galaxy is in shambles and it's only a matter of time until every petty group starts a mad dash for power
>The Mandalorians are gathering again
Nothing is concluded at the end of KotOR 2.

That being said, Fate of the Galaxy is still prbably better and more fitting than anything I can think of. "Wrath of the Ancients", "Power of the Star Forge", "Replicator at the End of the Universe."
>>
>>67947728
I wouldn't call 4 A Wound in the Force because it's a spoiler. Return of the Exile is fine. I would also stick with Sith Lords for 6 because it's catchier.
>>
>>67947760
>Replicator at the End of the Universe

Kek

>if you've already done six impossible things this morning, why not build an infinite army at the Replicator at the End of the Universe?
>>
>>67947802
how about 4 - A Fragile Alliance
>>
File: HK-47.png (157 KB, 276x368) Image search: [Google]
HK-47.png
157 KB, 276x368
Barely restrained anger: I paid a brief visit to /v/ for an impromptu HKpost, and those simpering meatbags had the tenacity to ban me for it.

Observation: This is why we have these borderline vidyathreads here; nobody should ever have to go to /v/ if they can help it.
>>
>>67947901
Works
>>
>>67947991
>complaining that /v/ is too strictly moderated

What kind of bizarro universe have I stumbled into?
>>
>>67945765
So just like the originals, it's great 4-6 and absolute piss 1-3.
>>
>>67948454
What if that's the Star Wars curse? What if for every good trilogy you need a shit one? What if Star Wars 10-12 are great
>>
File: HK-50Face[1].jpg (11 KB, 197x233) Image search: [Google]
HK-50Face[1].jpg
11 KB, 197x233
>>67946924
>purile
Correction: Puerile. Fix your vocabulator, you obsolete rustbucket. You're making us look bad.
>>
>>67942684

>Sarah Kestelman reprises her role as Kreia in Live Action

It would actually work fucking perfectly

You would need the voice acting of the original characters, they're just soo good.

>Bao-Durr PTSD flashbacks
>>
File: Classic_coke.jpg (63 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
Classic_coke.jpg
63 KB, 1191x670
>>67948600
Scathing retort: I apologise for making you look bad, and concede that you require no assistance in that regard.
>>
File: Thot's-not-a.jpg (11 KB, 280x158) Image search: [Google]
Thot's-not-a.jpg
11 KB, 280x158
>>67949335
And people say nothing good can come of avatarfags.
Thanks for the kek.
>>
>>67947393
Late response but Kylos saber is actually constructed by himself. He just based the design on the ones used during the old Republic. The kyber crystal however is cracked
>>
>>67947393
they are just repurposing it, stripped of novelty, because the shit is good and they lack ideas of their own

same with the original trilogy concept art
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.