[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAD, you are the world savior, thanks for coming back and now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: t4bcvat.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
t4bcvat.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
DAD, you are the world savior, thanks for coming back
and now get the fuck out of here you bastard
>>
>>67941354
NALON OVARB
>>
Do you think her kids were half black and she had That 70s Show raise them?
>>
>>67941354

>MURPHHHHHHHH
>dad remember your son?
>MURRRRRRRRRPHHHHHH
>he even named his on child after you, cooper cooper
>MURRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>67941354
Literally the main problem I had with the movie.

Like fuck, I'd want my dad there if I was dying.
>>
wre you too busy thinking about shitposting than listening when she said: "no parent should have to watch their child die"
>>
>>67941354
And this scene ruined the movie, along with Anne Fagaway and the Tesseract.
>>
>>67941354
>Actually believing an accretion disk won't incinerate anything that goes near it.

Fuck this movie.
>>
>>67941427
She had already spent decades without him, and had probably resigned herself to never seeing him again. She knew that he still had more to do and that he would just be wasting his time sitting around waiting for her to die. He came back and they said their goodbyes. It's not that crazy
>>
>>67941354
How the hell did he end up in there anyway? makes more sense to think its all a dream
>>
>all his other relatives and descendants in the room barely look at him and just walk out the room as soon as he comes
>>
LOVE
>>
>In the far future
>We have colonized the entire solar system and made contact with time traveling humans
>The savior of humanity still ages and dies

lmoa
>>
>>67941354
Fuck you talkin bout? He was a ghost in that scene.
>>
>>67941472
he got spewed out of the black hole thingy and ended up floating around saturn and got picked up by the space station. The real question is, how the fuck did he manage to escape a black hole without dying.
>>
>>67941448
Faggot
>>
>>67941453
im sure you know better than the scientists who helped make the movie
>>
>>67941503
Don't see what's wrong with it, to them he's a complete stranger
>>
>>67941354
The only flaw this movie had was the MUH POWER OF LOVE scene.
>>
>>67941453
In theory you'll end up slowing down as you're spinning around the black hole instead of going straight into it. The mumbojumbo plot & armor saved him.
>>
>>67941593
complete stranger that fucking saved the human race and made a miraculous comeback

either she was a cunt and took all the credit to herself or nolan is retarded, you choose
>>
>>67941566
The scientists advised. Nolan used some of it and put some of it aside to allow for creativity. They influenced the film here as much as they did on Minority Report
>>
>>67941593

he's the guy who they've probably spent their whole lives learning about every day as the hero of mankind, and hearing their beloved relative on her death bed talk about every day

OH LOOK HERE HE IS AFTER ALL THIS TIME

fuck its lets go grab some food somewhere
>>
>Taking a part of your plot from an anime
>>
>EVERYONE KNOWS THE MOON LANDING WAS FAKED, COOP!
>>
>>67941556
It's based on a theory of multiple dimensions for a time traveler. Time travelers can only observe, they cannot actually interact with fuck all, but he basically figures out that gravity is the key to opening up a wormhole, he twangs some things inside what looks like a tesseract of every single possible outcome/view and instance that occurred in his life. Supposedly.

But it's too far fetched, the gravity from a black hole would most likely kill you, that's if the super heated circulated material on the outside of the event horizon doesn't first.

But he sends a binary message to his daughter to instruct her on how to open a portal that he had already created, which they discover and then he realises that he created the wormhole which starts off the film when he goes through it, then you have all the time dilation shit as well.
>>
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 166x200) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 166x200
>"Tom will be alright"
>Tom wasn't alright
>>
>>67941646
Its pretty clear that in the movie everybody believed she came up with the formulas and technology that saved the human race even though she always said it was her dad that told her everything.

Its not like she had any way of proving it.
>>
>>67941453
It belongs to science "fiction" genre for a reason.
>>
>>67941354
why was his name both copper and rust the same year?
like we get it his tan is nice
>>
>>67941566
>super heated ionized gas that circulates on the accretion disk will like totally not harm our heroes, even though it burns 5000 times hotter than the surface of our sun! But like don't worry LOL!

Fuck off fanboy.
>>
>dad you left me when I was young to save my life and the lives of every other human in existence, but i'm going to refuse to speak to you for two decades even though I know why you had to leave because i'm working for the people who took you to space
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME
>>
>>67941649
they still advised it. stop being a fucking know it all, faggot. nobody likes people like you
>>
>>67941671
Who installed a flag on it then?
>>
>>67941646
>>67941658
But to everyone else, the daughter is the true heroine, and Coop just died far away in space
She tells him herself that no one believed her, and it would be weird if they did, because c'mon, "my dad gave me the answer by sending me morse code signals through time"?
They probably don't even know his face at all.
>>
>>67941707
so her dad that went on that space mission shows up in space out of fucking nowhere and it's now there and nobody gives a shit

still bad
>>
this scene just proved that Nolan doesn't understand emotions & can't portray them in his cinema
>>
File: 1438492770367.jpg (478 KB, 1366x2048) Image search: [Google]
1438492770367.jpg
478 KB, 1366x2048
>>67941354
>posting worst murph
>>
>>67941354
what a forgettable movie, like damn i bought into the hype and even watched it twice in the theater
Not even memeing but I don't remember the plot
>There's a thread for human kind
>We can't save the earth we have to leave it
>NASA is illegal or secret or something for no particular reason other than muh jetfuel can't melt steelbeams government
>Rust knows how to pilot a fighter jet therefore only human in the world that can pilot a starship. K.
>somethin something the guy from the martian was evil
>muh einstein's relativity though experiment
>daugther is old
>fastforward rusty stuck in 4th dimension plotwist, said dimension is love
>fastforward humanity lives in different planets now because Nasa isn't illegal anymore?
>Rusty fucks off to try and find theprincessdiariesfu?
I remember any discussions about the movie were mainly baneposting, what was /tv/ actual opinion?
>>
>>67941842
This. His movies are very cold and technical, like Kubrick's.
>>
>>67941354
His entire family look at their epic ancestor coming back as if he was some kind of selfish asshole while most of them look like stuck up lawyers and shit. They look down on him with digust. I would be in awe if my humankind of a savior ancestor would just walk in. I wouln't give two flying fuck about my old great great grand mother.

Why did they even named the station after her for fuck sake. Everyone gave up their entire fucking lives to save what was left of humankind. All she had to do was literally not being retarded too much and pick up the pieces and put them together.

She literally did nothing exept bitch and moan her entire life before one day having the answer literally handed out to her at which point she walk out screaming eureka and proceed to what I could assume was a long and wealthy life of fame.

fuck this gay liberal earth.
>>
>>67941942
It's based on a theory of time travel loosely.

Gravity is supposed to be the fourth dimension, plenty of gravity inside a black hole when you hit the singularity.

The room he's floating around in is a tesseract which as I said, shows every single possible outcome, from the start of the movie we think he's normal and well he is, but the books flying off the shelf, the sand, the pocket watch at the start of the film that starts ticking back and fourth, basically we're seeing the build up to another theory of reliving life over and over again. Then it goes weird and does a short brief on how he opens the wormhole, he then gives this information to his daughter, trying to convey it throughout her entire life, when she pays it no attention because he's with her, until he sets off for space.

Then she clocks on and realises oh shit the clocks actually conveying binary maths to me and giving me instructions on how to open wormholes and travel etc.

Or something something, then for some reason which I have no idea why, he somehow gets out of the tesseract? Maybe because he's caught up with the events that led the scientists to discover the wormhole and restart the cycle over again? But the cycle doesn't start over again, he gets found flying in space and comes back to Earth.

Weird shit when you cram different theories into one film.
>>
>>67941658
to be fair they have time to talk to him. they literally have minutes with their mother/grandmother
>>
>>67941745
Except I'm not the guy who said the science was wrong. Stay mad though.
>>
>>67941457
Yes it is. Now she is dying and the man who saved everyone including her daughter came back and she pretty much told him to fuck off
>>
Man sometimes I really don't want to believe you're all autistic but then a thread like this comes along and holy fuck.
>>
>>67941658
having to work to survive and struggle like they did back on earth is gone so all of his descendants are probably liberal retard good for nothings.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.