[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, is there any series similar to The office and Arrested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1407621556214.jpg (10 KB, 319x316) Image search: [Google]
1407621556214.jpg
10 KB, 319x316
Hey guys, is there any series similar to The office and Arrested development I could watch?
Just a light-hearted comedy with close to no drama and lots of awkward characters/situations.
>>
Also please don't suggest shit like TBBT or other "big words lolXD" shows.
>>
Better off Ted
Community
Happy Endings
>>
>>67940849

bump. i've been wondering about this for some time too.
>>
>>67940849
Trailer park boys. They did the fake reality show premise before the office UK even.
>>
>>67940849
Parks and recreation, but it's just a less good The Office.
Still some very good bits in the first seasons. Heard it went to shit.
>>
The Office UK
>>
Parks and Recreation is like the office, it even has the same akward to sweet transition through its seasons
>>
>>67940849
Modern Family is comfy af if you don't mind more obvious humour
>>
Party Down for sure. It's my favorite Cringe Sitcom. Only 2 short seasons so it's a quick watch. Also delicious Lizzy Kaplan stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT2DOz2McW8
>>
>>67941228

Thanks for reminding me that udder insanity will never happen
>>
>>67940849
>awkward characters/situations.
Based Frasier.
Or Three's Company... If you havent already seen it.
>>
>>67941273
Ohhhh... Come and knock on muh door!

Maximum comfy.
>>
File: markcorrigan.jpg (104 KB, 460x306) Image search: [Google]
markcorrigan.jpg
104 KB, 460x306
Peep Show.
>>
>>67941324
I only know of this show through reaction images on 4chan. Is it really good?
>>
>>67941229
I already watched Party Down and was pretty sad when I realised it was canceled.
The rest sound good, thanks guys.
>>
>>67941353

Probably one of the best series ever made imo, although the last couple seasons are pretty weak.
>>
>>67941265
It will in your dreams
>>
>>67941353
If you really like that sense of humour, it is. If you like The Office and such, but you find it a bit to cringeworthy at times, you'll probably get braincancer watching it.
>>
Trailer Park Boys has the same kind of mockumentary set up. And just like the Office, the first season isn't particularly good. But if you like stoner white trash humor with no drama this is a a great show.

Also Parks and Rec is a very comfy comedy
>>
>>67941752

That's the point though, marks social awkwardness putting him into cringey situations.

literally gets established in like the first 2 minutes with the bus scene
>>
>>67940849
Curb Your Enthusiasm. Comfy as fuck and there are literally zero serious scenes in the entire series.
>>
>>67942168
I love curb but sometimes I cringe at the situations Larry finds himself in
>>
>>67942099
I'm perfectly aware of that you mong. I'm just saying that it's even more cringey than The Office and such, so, if that sort of thing makes you uncomfortable to the point were you're not really sure if you're enjoying it or not, Peep Show is likely a bit to much for you.
>>
>>67942168
Are there anyone out there who honestly does not love CYE?
>>
>>67941120
>Better Off Ted
This
>>
>>67942406
Only the people who havent seen it.
>>
>>67940849
The Larry Sanders show. RIP in peace Mr. Shandling.
>>
how about watching the original Office and not your dumb amerishit
>>
>>67943220
I wouldn't really call the uk office "light hearted" though. It takes plenty of turns into a depressing horrors-show.
>>
>>67940849
Go with the eternal GOAT, Seinfeld. Curb is pretty great too.
>>
Curb Your Enthusiasm.
>>
A lot of my friends in high school loved the office but it's always sunny was widely considered better/funnier
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.