[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /plebs/ here? Think they've gone way overboard on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: plebs.jpg (244 KB, 440x640) Image search: [Google]
plebs.jpg
244 KB, 440x640
Who /plebs/ here?

Think they've gone way overboard on the modern day reference stuff tbqh
>>
i've heard it's good but i've never got round to watching it
>>
They couldnt put a black guy in ancient rome so they tried to pass of the whitest black guy as a white guy.

He's also a big guy.

Plebs is shit.
>>
>>67939101
It's alright pham
>>
>>67938985
>see it advertised
>think it looks absolutely shit. a period sitcom ffs
>watch it perchance
>its actually alright
itv need to sack their marketing
>>
>>67939107

In the new episode like 1/3rd of the extras were black. Don't mind with that guy though because he's actually pretty good.
>>
File: pep.jpg (15 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
15 KB, 251x242
>a character makes a pun that's only possible in the English language despite supposedly speaking Latin
>>
I love it. It's like an Ancient Rome version of The Inbetweeners.
>>
>>67938985
Is Plebs on a popular streaming service? Or would I have to pirate it?
>>
>>67940045

I don't think so tbqh
>>
I didn't mind it, i only got to see a few eps though, before it's run ended - if it did?
>>
>>67939107
>They couldn't put a black guy in ancient rome

Literally what? You realise the Roman Empire included basically all of the North African Mediterranean coast, right?
>>
File: 1457822441009.gif (4 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1457822441009.gif
4 MB, 359x202
>>67941635
>the roman empire is rome
>>
>>67941958
>Rome, a city built by slaves, run on slaves, with an economy basically entirely dependent on slave labour, wouldn't have any black people

Slaves were freed in Rome on a regular basis, manumission was an everyday occurence for them.
>>
>>67938985
The adverts annoy me so much, is it funny? Just looks cringey
>>
>>67941635
>North African Mediterranean coast
>North African
>North

Kangz
>>
>>67938985
>Who /plebs/ here?
Everyone on this board
>>
>>67942121
>Every slave throughout all of history was african-american
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>67939107
Why couldn't they have a black guy?

You do realize Rome had slaves from Africa and made heavy use of Numidian auxiliaries.
>>
Legitimately had no idea anyone actually watched it. What does ITV 2 even exist for anyway? I struggle to understand how ITV1 exists apart from The Chase, let alone other ITV channels
>>
>>67944505

No, which is why I didn't say that. But it's not like the Romans enslaved the Dacians, enslaved the Gauls, enslaved the Spaniards, and then took Numidia and said "We have enough slaves now, let's leave these darkies alone". Rome wasn't full of blacks, but it had a sufficient number that taking exception to the presence of one is just fucking incorrect.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.